AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-04-18, 11:21   Link #4121
eatmepls7

Well I guess if their classmates have already graduated, maybe they'll come up on a reunion showing what their classmates have become while Sousuke and Kaname were gone. Then they'll decide to live together normally and maybe Sousuke leaving his job <Mithril> behind for Kaname.
eatmepls7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 13:25   Link #4122
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingstone View Post
I feel like that's not possible for this series.

Thus far, all the seasons (exempting Fumoffu) consisted of large conflicts which they were eventually able to overcome, no matter the odds... in other words, it's always been "good guys win, bad guys phail". Personally I don't think it'll be any different this time around. I'm just interested in how they'll get to that point.

All the novels thus far have been quite dark and action-filled... the way to victory will probably continue to be as dark and uber dramatic as well. And I'm predicting a beautiful, but abrupt end that leaves us hanging... and the "promise" in the epilogue :3

But Sousuke promised to return Kaname to Jindai, so, he may leave her there again. And then we'll have a dramatic surprise reunion between them once again (kind of a throwback to earlier season 1 where Kaname thought Sousuke left her for good).

Erm... then again... Kaname will have been through a lot, so I just have this feeling she won't be able to snap right back into ordinary high school life... maybe she'll stay with Sousuke.

[/rambling]

Grah. The possibilities are endless. I just wish Gatoh would hurry the heck up with the last novel D:

But yeah, I'm holding out for a happy ending. That's been a staple of this series so far.
Yes, until TSR all problems were always solved and things went on like if nothing happened. But after (and during) COMO, the author shows a lot more of cruelty (do not know a better word to describe it) towards the main characters, or good guys. People start dying for real (the whispered girl from BOMF) and serious scars are left in people (Kaname's best friend, who was really affected by the bomb thing and mithril can no longer be what it used to be). There might be other examples, but I don't remember them damn I hate my memory.
This is my guess here, but I feel like the story has already passed the point of no-return a long time ago, specially because it now is a long time since Kaname was kidnapped. I don't see a "reset" kind of ending, and if that happens, I'll have to agree with Miles, it'll make me puke. I'm ready to see any kind of ending, and I have no problem with bad/sad endings, they usually make it more emotional
The tension in the story won't just be released with one last "grand finale" between Sousuke and Leonard in their AS. Let's say Sousuke wins, ok, but that won't give them their normal life back, or at least... I can't see how could that happen

Just my opinion
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 18:08   Link #4123
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Yah a "reset" ending will just ruin it. True a lot of ppl would come back to life, but at the same time the whole Love relationship will end. We cant say for sure they will meet afterwards since Sousuke was shot down from a plain when he was a baby. He may not end up as kashim, but he definetely wont be near Kaname. Since there wont be any AS i doubt mithril will exist and so on. I say the return back to school is the best ending for that gatoh can still coe up with Fumoffu type stories after they go back to tokyo. If it does go back to a reset, the series will truly end, and i dont want that.

As for the Leonard vs Sousuke, id rather see it as Kalinin vs Sousuke, with sousuke winningh and afterwards Kaname shooting Leonard in the head. I mean she did cry on the plane when she realized she had "killed" sousuke. I am pretty sure that once they see each other again, the true Chidori will come forth and try to get back with Sousuke.

I doubt the sad ending will come true after all the hype, they did promise to kiss at the end and such. It would honestly be a big letdown if they kiss right when the other is about to die T_T (imagines it and feels terrible).
sr7olsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 18:36   Link #4124
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

Send a message via MSN to krysinello
That plane was from Japan right, maybe without the black technology the plain wont be shot down, Sousuke will grow up in Japan and he'll end up going to the same school(hmm it would be one hell of a coincidence though.). But it just wouldn't be the same really.

Perhaps by time reversal it will be like shifting the current dimension around them, say all Black tech will be removed from their time but everyone will still remember about it and retain their current memories.

Or perhaps that wont happen, Black Tech remains, whispereds still remain, which means that the story really hasn't been closed.

Gatoh has stated he may still do short stories, which will probably mean he'll get back to school life type stories, I don't see him just doing other ones like back stories or Kurz's and Sousuke's treasure hunt, which makes me think more towards a happy ending, however for that to happen, something new will have to be revealed.

There will be a problem of Kaname and Sousuke graduating or their classmates accepting them back if at the end they retain their memories, while if time resets, it's unlikely that everything would come the same as it was, you know of the butterfly effect, one small change can make drastic differences in the future, removing Black technology is a huge change, but yet, I can see some form of epilogue with Sousuke and Kaname meeting for the first time 17 years later.
krysinello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 18:56   Link #4125
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Yah i took that in mind when i said they were going back to school , maybe college.

If it doest become a "reset" ending it just wouldnt be FMP. Even if Sousuke and Kaname meet 17 years later, nothing will happen. It is still a long shot because we dont know the reason sousuke left japan in the first place. If it not related to Black Tech then we can assume he will be found by Kalinin and die in Afghanistan. On the other hand, the only reason Kaname took an interest in Sousuke was because he was different than the rest of ppl, not to mention that he followed her alot. And he then revealed he would protect her no matter what, while at the same time Kaname saw Sousukes normal "work day". Now, if sousuke was raised in peaceful japan, he would have normal Teenage attitues which kaname obviously hates. And if they do end up close to each other, the comedy of FMp will be murdered because sousuke wont be a "war nut" anymore.

It is still uncertain what will happen since Gatoh mentioned "Time change". With time change as a possibility almost anything can become possible whch is why i hate them the most. I do want Gatoh to continue doing short stories like he said he would and for that to happen they have to be in school or, at least, have sousuke quit Mithril and learn the Japanese way of life for realz. That in fact would be a really good comedy, have Sousuke try to get a normal job etc etc and be dating kaname at the same time.

We could have a Gundam 00 ending as well. In the first season Saji and Louise get separated and you feel bad, bt then at the end of the second season they get back together for real. It could be something liek that since pretty much you can see the same things happen in FMP. I still beleive that if a time change would occur we would lose soo much more than gain. We would lose the Tessa/Kaname/Sousuke love triangle and the Mao/Kurz relationship, plus much more stuff that will be too long to mention. My ending would be to have Sophia defeated completely therefore eliminating the Whispereds. If hat was done, we would still have some black tech but the possibilities of that expanding more are very limited. Tessa would go to school with Chidori and Sousuke and eventually have a love comedy in school lol.
Old 2009-04-18, 19:16   Link #4126
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

I still firmly believe in my theory of the ending...

Leonard is going to attempt to change the world by using Chidori/sophia to go back in to the minds in the past to prevent the Omni's sphere...

Only to freaking realise that he CAUSED it in the first place. Perhaphs when Leonard tampers with Sophia to change the past THAT is when the Yansak 11 incident actually happens in 1984 december 24th and destroys the city in to chaos simultanously running with the present. Tessa confirms this as the MentalWorld has no sence of time....

needless to say, the theory of FFVIII and Chrono Cross,

You can -not- change the past.
and as proof, we have the De Ja Vue moments that do repeat themselves and predict the future...
everything is too calculated in the story predicting the sun patterns and even technology,..
there is no fluke..You can't change the past...period..

Leonard will go in absolute insane mode realising he actually caused the whispers to happen in the first place, if he done nothing perhaphs it wouldn't have happen

however, the problem is Sophia CONTINUES to taken over Chidori's body and will continue to do so to influence the FUTURE...

WHAT will Sousuke/Mithiril/Everyone do to defeat it? you cant change the past and the present but ...
you CAN do something in changing the future! So thats when the problem is realise and the real battle begins..! It's a freaking spirit that lives in a mental world, how do you destroy such a thing?
How do you defeat a spirit that lives in chidori's mind without killing her? thats the big QUESTION.

At some point, am sure Tessa's influence as a Whispering happens and the full force of the mysterious Resonating will be the highlight..

If Sophia is destroyed, the becon of information between her and whispers will forever be broken...
No longer having a tie to the future or past, the so called whispers will be no more...
and all Whispers will be free and become...NORMAL...

am sure somewhere in the background, Sousuke is going have to face Leonard's insaneness with a good old mech battle to prevent Leonard from killing everyone or from interupting the mental-world battle...
Souske might play a part where he must snap Chidori out of her trance with Sophia and remind her
what she firmly believed in and..well,..basically do something he never did in the entire story...
Plea his haert out to her that he so anxiously wanted to do...and help bring her back and gain the strenght of who she truely is...Kaname Chidori...

I also seriously sence that Sophia is going to hurt Leonard for using her,..she is definately gonna prove her lethalness in something..am sure of it. She made Bonnie die,..making him commit suicide remember?

We also have the infamouse unknown leader of Amalgam that has YET to show up and tell the reason why Sophia exist and what are their truest intentions....

I seriously doubt, someone dies, sophia tricks Chidori to believe Sousuke is dead...
Why bother tricking her? Why not just kill him? Something isn't right here...
And you acn clearly see Chidori TRUELY believes Sousuke is dead...so we can be sure its Sophia who is tricking Chidori...

So what gives about that? It can even be put in to question IF Sophia is against Amalgam, or against Mithril or neutral... All we know is,..Sophia spared Tessa and Sousuke....what gives?

This entire story is revolved with Sousuke reuniting with Kaname and honestly Gatou has yet to fail us in happy endings in the past with his book.

It's just not Gatou's style to give a horror ending. See below on previous books.

Going in to the Blue,..happy ending with chidori and sousuke fishing

One Night Stand .... ended well with a funny moment of Tessa declaring her love-rival.

The End of Day By Day ...(TSR) ended with Sousuke and Chidori realising their feelings for one another and a tearful moment with Chidori happy that things are normal.

Dancing Very Merry Christmas...ends with Sousuke giving a gift for Chidori, a blue gem as a birthday gift and christmas gift.

Continuing On My Own...this story doesn't count because its a TO BE CONTINUED ending...

Burning One Man Force... another TO BE CONTINUED ending... Nami's death is proof how leathal and deadly the FMP world is and how much work Sousuke must achieve to get to Chidori and be careful. If Chidorí dies, it kinda makes her death kinda purposeless. Her death is to make us fans (as we are now) nervous as hell if Chidori would even survive,..and the author has done such a great job that you guys seriously think she's gonna die... Lol...

Fumoffu: all her short stories, obiviously had a happy ending..author loves comedy.

Come and Make My Day: Another TO BE CONTINUED ending,..with doubts dripping at the end to suspend us with Sousuke's and Chidori's plee for one another's heart...

Approaching Nick of Time : another TO BE CONTINUED ending with alot of WTF's in the end...this is when the story is getting juicey and all the secrets are revealed slowly towards the very climax...the gunshot ending was like the biggest WTF,..giving us alot of doubts of a good happy ending..and its freaking working..XD....*points at them*

my speculation is,..by Gatou's style, that she works in a wave like pattern of bad moments to good ones. If the moments get really bad, it only makes the sweet moment at the end THAT much sweeter...
to have an entire animation go bitter and sad,..is basically asking for Wolf's Rain, which is NOt the style of FMP. Wolf's Rain had no comedy, romance (at least not a very intense one) so thats not all that possible...

Sousuke and Chidori has built a romance for so long, and for them to perish and die and destroy all that history together, sucks major ass...I really really doubt,..extremely doubt, Gatou will do that because I sincerely dont see signs of that. If Sophia restarts the world, then basically we are allowing Amalgam to let their plan unfold,..and Tessa was extremely against that...

We can't let the bad guys win, now can we?
Am sure when Chidori and Sousuke return to school,..they'll have a wonderful summer cramming for exams..XD in order to graduate...

thats my theory and am sticking with it..

Last edited by selilychidori; 2009-04-18 at 19:38.
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 21:35   Link #4127
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Okay, I'll go with the reset theories...it's possible, but, yeah, it'll probably ruin things to a degree. After all, a peaceful Sosuke transfers to Chidori's school....even if he has soldier parents or a partial non-native upbringing or even just a mech modeling anime fetish...it just won't be the same.

I support Sosuke doing the "big speech" to Chidori to "wake her up." don't know how that'll kick out Sophia, but right not Sophia isn't taking that step to truly break Chidori by really killing Sosuke, or maybe NOT killing Sosuke is actually showing Chidori's remaining control over her own body?

Leo will be offed by Sophia, no doubt on that. Messy, too. Don't mess with somebody who treats herself like a god! Ghostbusters learned that one.

Dang, until the next novel comes out (and is translated) I'm going to have to satisfy myself with Wild Ones manga (the closest thing I've got).
dpryciak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 21:49   Link #4128
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Lol, I knew this would happen(As it has so many times in the past). Suggesting one of them will die always gets the essays flowing. At least we are away from Zach and when the next novel will release.

At this point, I use to hope for an ending where both survive(Even if all their friends died), however at this point I just want it to end, no matter what happens. If All the good guys were to die and the final paragraph is Souske getting a bullet in his head and Amalgam taking over the world, so be it.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 00:51   Link #4129
SkoolRumble4Ya

No way in hell it's gonna be a reset ending. That will screw the fans over like SR.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 01:37   Link #4130
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Lol, I knew this would happen(As it has so many times in the past). Suggesting one of them will die always gets the essays flowing. At least we are away from Zach and when the next novel will release.

At this point, I use to hope for an ending where both survive(Even if all their friends died), however at this point I just want it to end, no matter what happens. If All the good guys were to die and the final paragraph is Souske getting a bullet in his head and Amalgam taking over the world, so be it.
lol, what is it with you and a rush ending. I for one dont want the series to end. Even if the main plot is over, i want to keep reading FMP as fumoffu style chapters and so on. I am pretty sure that a few ppl on this forum agree with me on that. True we all would want conclusion to the main plot, but pushing things to a rush is never a good thing. Gatou has yet to dissapoint us and if he/she is taking his/her time to write the next novel it must mean that it is going to be that much more enjoyable to read!!!
Old 2009-04-19, 02:48   Link #4131
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
No one even attempted to read my post about the Reset Theory......
Even if it's a reset ending, it can still be done beautifully. Everyone are just rambling about the fact that they may not meet, they're not the same, etc but we all missed what may happen at the same time. It looks too unrealistic that they can settle things once and for all without paying any price------and THAT will ruin FMP for me.
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 03:02   Link #4132
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpryciak View Post
..... Don't mess with somebody who treats herself like a god! Ghostbusters learned that one.

ROFLMAO....

XD...

i refuse to accept the reset theory. Damn pretty boy Leonard wants to change the world because he couldnt accept the Deaths of the people he killed...boohoooo..f*cking fag...

If Leonard cant live with the guiltness for the pain he caused the world thats his damn problem...
you cant change the world just because you feel guilty...Sousuke lived with it, why not him?
Not exactly a good message for an ending either lol...

--- Hey people! If the world isnt how you want it, time travel and change it! XD ---

Pfft..your suppose to live with your mistakes...and learn from it,and keep living ...
Death is much as part of life as a full natural cycle...thats what Sousuke believes...(it happen in ffviii and chrono cross too) go ahead and reset the world and you'll have our world that is JUSt as screwed up..XD..goodluck!

Last edited by selilychidori; 2009-04-19 at 03:15.
Old 2009-04-19, 03:16   Link #4133
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
Even if it's a reset ending, it can still be done beautifully. Everyone are just rambling about the fact that they may not meet, they're not the same, etc but we all missed what may happen at the same time. It looks too unrealistic that they can settle things once and for all without paying any price------and THAT will ruin FMP for me.
without paying a price? and what Sousuke suffered wasnt enough? XD it was almost 3 books of suffering, what more do you want??! XD ....
Old 2009-04-19, 03:19   Link #4134
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
No way in hell it's gonna be a reset ending. That will screw the fans over like SR.
I agree...
Old 2009-04-19, 03:21   Link #4135
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
They're still not graduated yet. Year 3 right now, preparing for the final exam for university as the SP I posted before.
theres always the possiblity that they go back to school and have to do a shitload of remedial coarses over the summer..XD...
Old 2009-04-19, 03:22   Link #4136
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr7olsniper View Post
lol, what is it with you and a rush ending. I for one dont want the series to end. Even if the main plot is over, i want to keep reading FMP as fumoffu style chapters and so on. I am pretty sure that a few ppl on this forum agree with me on that. True we all would want conclusion to the main plot, but pushing things to a rush is never a good thing. Gatou has yet to dissapoint us and if he/she is taking his/her time to write the next novel it must mean that it is going to be that much more enjoyable to read!!!
But making it last longer than it should may make much more damage to the story
I don't want to keep reading fummofu style stories after FMP has finished. That would mean either FMP's ending was a "reset" ending, allowing mentioned stories to take place, or that the author is writing short stories about who knows what event that would fit in who knows what part of the time-line and that they are just (or very probable) to keep making money from the FMP franchise. I still have many short stories books which are untranslated and I'm looking forward to the day I can read them

Quote:
What reset theory? I'm skipping many posts since I'm seeing many NOT events, which I still have to read but I think reset is s*** too. I can't happen. I even find it hard for them to return to school at all, but then again, I still have to read NOT hehe.

I'm not against a happy ending, but I'm willing to take everything. I just hope Gatoh doesn't listen to us and writes whatever he/she wants! Only that would make the story beatiful imo.

PD: Is gatoh a HE or a SHE?

EDIT: please selilychidori edit your posts. we don't need triple posts here, and you can do with just one.
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 04:23   Link #4137
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Well, FMP is so rich that you can do side stories regardless of the school. Many side stories take place outside school grounds. They could easily take place after the main story has ended since both kaname and Sousuke have missed a ton of school, not to mention that since thye might end up living together, there is a ton of things that can be done. I, like you, wish that someone translate the side stories so we can all enjoy their greatness, but its a wish that may never come true.

On the other hand, i totally agree with selilychidori. A reset ending will be way too dumb at this point. Time travel has become the best escape goat for writters and it is highly overrated. It is ok that he mentioned it to keep us guessing, but from then on actually making a crappy ending like that would be fail. Besides, sousuke did promise to bring chidori back to school and on top of that they promised to kiss and such. If time trivel indeed takes place, a lot of promises will be broken and I, for one, would be greatly dissapointed. It is true, if time travel happens a lot of ppl will end up living, but that is not a good message for the kids... hehehe.

I truly have my hopes up that Gatoh will marvel us with his creation once more, and after we read the book, we will all be like "OMG why didn't I think of that!"
Old 2009-04-19, 11:03   Link #4138
ciddx

Sorry, this is kind of an aside from the topic, but are there any full versions of the FMP novels still floating around? Specifically the end of Burning One Man Force. I was looking forward to Tokyo Pop releasing the books, but its seems they took a hiatus?

Thanks.
ciddx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 11:09   Link #4139
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr7olsniper View Post
This story is over 10 years old, I have been following it for 6 years. I usually dislike drawn out things, this included. Everything needs to end eventually.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 14:39   Link #4140
blazingstone

I agree. The main story arch should come to a close soon... this is like the resident evil series, which was drawn out over ten years as well. But at least the main story arch came to a close this year xP

But I too wouldn't mind having more cute little side stories like Fumoffu... but I really doubt Gatoh will want to keep writing FMP forever (plus, he takes an eternity finishing the actual story itself... how long would we have to wait for those to come out). Unfortuantely, all good things must eventually come to an end, FMP included :/

I just wish he'd release the last novel and wrap up the main story arch already D:
blazingstone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen