AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-04-26, 03:35   Link #4121
iron2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

Talk about luck. He would have been lost in space. That GN Drive belongs to Kyrios BTW and they did not bother to rescue Al when thet pick that up.

They also past by Tieria. 874 propose rescuing him, but Fon suggest otherwise. Kyrios' GN Drive finally ended up on Wong's hand.
Anywhere to get the full raws for this chapter?
Is this chapter from the Gundam Ace released today?
The Gundam Ace site has a pic showing 874 spotting Ribbons.

So 00F will go on to cover the blank between TV S1 and S2?
iron2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 08:25   Link #4122
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron2000 View Post
So 00F will go on to cover the blank between TV S1 and S2?
Probably, as the extra chapter in the issue ends with Wang getting the GN Drive from Fon... So its gotta go into the period between the timeskip starting next month.
Old 2008-04-26, 08:32   Link #4123
Terra

It'll be intersting to see where they go with that.
Old 2008-04-28, 16:24   Link #4124
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

I wonder if anybody noticed it already, but CB's theme kinda sounds like "Charlie's Angel's" theme I caught myslef a couple of times that I started humming the 00 melody to finish it by singing the theme from the classic sexy girls series
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 20:02   Link #4125
Mangaka-chan

I think it'll be awfully clever of Sunrise if they fill in some of the stuff in the time skip by telling it through 00F. The time between now and October should be enough for them to tell a good chunk of story. Not only will they keep the fans interested and hold our attention, but also sell more merchandise at the same time.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 06:10   Link #4126
brightman
Ancient Member

Hmm...

DVD BEST SELLERS - AMAZON.JP

#31 - Macross Frontier 1 (Blu Ray Disc) - Release Date 2008/7/25
#32 - Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 volume01 (Blu Ray Disc) - Release Date 2008/8/22
#933 - Mobile Suit Gundam 00 1 (Blu Ray Disc) - Release Date 2008/8/22

---

Isn't Gundam supposed to be popular???
Old 2008-04-29, 07:28   Link #4127
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I'll let the pic speak for itself:

http://www.gundamofficial.com
EeEeEeeeeeEEEEK!! Darn it, why is it that when America gets their hands on a Japanese franchise, it'll be spoiled. Why America!? Darn, the logo looks...dull..

Now that they've spoiled the logo... At least pick some serious, anti-emo VAs!! SEED's thrashed because of them emo, non-expressional VAs, I don't want 00 to be spoiled as well...

I want hardcore, expressive American VAs for 00!! Don't dissapoint the fans!
Old 2008-04-29, 08:29   Link #4128
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Hmm...

#32 - Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 volume01 (Blu Ray Disc) - Release Date 2008/8/22

---

That's the Blu Ray Disc version. It doesn't reflect the actual DVD sales.

Cheers.
Old 2008-04-29, 08:42   Link #4129
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Quote:
Hmm...

---

if it's about the dvd best seller then this one for the link:

#11 - Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (5) (DVD) - Release Date 2008/5/23

actually it's the same page as this one DVD BEST SELLERS - AMAZON.JP but just roll back to page 1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hmm so they gonna release the blue-ray version on August 22,2008 ? I'm thinking of pre-ordering but kind of hestitate since I already have the dvd version vol 1, 2 and want to collect the rest

- Bandai is realy smart you know they sell the DVD version while it's still hot and sell the blue-ray version later-on (unlike some other anime where we can choose between dvd or blue ray version at the same time because the release date is the same)

- anyone willing to give advice on which one should I choose?

Edit: they haven't even made the cover for the blue-ray disc? man it's mean that they're still in the process of making- even the release date isn't fixed yet

Last edited by Ardi220288; 2008-04-29 at 09:55.
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 10:43   Link #4130
Nightwing(T_T)
Sooo............sad

I see.................................

well I guess brightman post could become pretty mileading

btw I found this on wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_00

Quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reception:

While critically acclaimed, the first season of Gundam 00 experienced lower average ratings than its predecessors Mobile Suit Gundam SEED and Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny. Over its 25 episode run, it averaged a rating of 4.85% and peaked at 6.1%. On a more positive note, Gundam 00's average rating was higher than all other previous Gundam shows set in alternative universes such as Gundam Wing (which averaged 4.3%) and G Gundam (which averaged 4.1%).Gundam 00's third DVD release also managed to top the anime DVD sales chart,apparently selling 25,135 copies in its first week

In a top 20 anime poll published in the April 2008 issue of Newtype magazine, Japanese readers voted for Gundam 00 as #1 best anime, higher than its predecessor Gundam SEED which was voted #9 . In Newtype's poll for top 10 male anime characters, Setsuna F Seiei was voted #2, Tieria Erde #3, Lockon Stratos #4, Graham Aker #5 and Allelujah Haptism at #7; and in its poll for top 10 female anime characters, Nena Trinity was voted #8 and Marina Ismail was voted #10[/COLOR]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is this true (I would be more than glad if it's true) anyone could provide the magazine scan ?

yay yay yay for gundam 00

Edit: ok I couldn't find the magazine scan but I found the site that confirm it http://reira.zuiken.net/?p=220

Last edited by Nightwing(T_T); 2008-04-29 at 11:17.
Nightwing(T_T) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 20:46   Link #4131
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
That's the Blu Ray Disc version. It doesn't reflect the actual DVD sales.

Cheers.
Whoops, I just noticed that I linked the ranking for Code Geass R2 DVD version by mistake...

It should have been this (as of this morning):
---

#84 - Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 volume01 (Blu Ray Disc) - Release Date 2008/8/22
---

And I KNOW they are Blu Ray... The Blu Ray sales are listed on the DVD ranking page and I am comparing them ON PURPOSE because they come out at about the same time.

As for DVD sales, I posted them ages ago... But here's an updated comparison with Seed Destiny's DVDs (as of LAST WEEK, before Vol 4 came out) for the people new to this forum:

---
Gundam 00 Vol 1: 39,378 volumes sold
Gundam 00 Vol 2: 32,547 volumes sold
Gundam 00 Vol 3: 29,997 volumes sold

Gundam Seed Destiny Vol 1: 80,635 volumes sold (56,760 sold in Week 1)
Gundam Seed Destiny Vol 2: 73,115 volumes sold (46,646 sold in Week 1)
Gundam Seed Destiny Vol 3: 69,751 volumes sold (40,503 sold in Week 1)
---

Some people seem to think that fans are holding out for the Blu-Ray release, which is the reason for 00's low DVD sales compared to Destiny, that is why I did the Blu-Ray comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardi220288 View Post
Edit: they haven't even made the cover for the blue-ray disc? man it's mean that they're still in the process of making- even the release date isn't fixed yet
August 22, 2008 is official. They announced it a month ago.

@Nightwing(T_T)
While the Wikipedia article has accurate figures, its also comparing apples and oranges... V Gundam, G Gundam ,etc. were all aired on Friday afternoon, mostly aimed at younger kids, while Gundam Seed, Destiny and 00 are aired on a primetime Saturday slot for a more general audience. Thus it shouldn't be surprising that 00 does better than those other ones above.
Old 2008-04-30, 12:04   Link #4132
Terra

There's also the fact that CG R2 Blu-Ray release is happening on the same date as it's DVD release. Gundam 00 with thhe dates being very far apart could affect it's Blu-Ray sales a lot since a lot of people might have already bought the DVD's since they didn't want to wait for the Blu-Ray. The Blu-Ray sales could have been a lot higher otherwise.
Old 2008-04-30, 13:15   Link #4133
Nightwing(T_T)
Sooo............sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
There's also the fact that CG R2 Blu-Ray release is happening on the same date as it's DVD release. Gundam 00 with thhe dates being very far apart could affect it's Blu-Ray sales a lot since a lot of people might have already bought the DVD's since they didn't want to wait for the Blu-Ray. The Blu-Ray sales could have been a lot higher otherwise.
ah yes I did check it again and both series code geass R2 and macross fontier dvd and blue ray version is release at the same date

#31 - Macross Frontier 1 (Blu Ray Disc) and (DVD) - Release Date 2008/7/25
#84 - Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 volume01 (Blu Ray Disc) and (DVD) - Release Date 2008/8/22

this kind of comparison is not fair since gundam 00 release between dvd vol 1 and Blue ray vol 1 seperated like 9-10 months in fact the sales of the dvd have been doing really well despite the split for people who waiting for the blue ray for example:
Quote:
" Gundam 00 DVD Vol. 2 first week sales ranking
Oricon has the 2nd volume of Gundam 00 as the 3rd highest selling DVD on the overall weekly DVD sales charts and the 2nd on the anime weekly DVD charts. Reports from 2ch put the estimated sales at 19,927 copies" - gunota

Last edited by Nightwing(T_T); 2008-04-30 at 13:32.
Old 2008-04-30, 13:28   Link #4134
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

It's going to be hard to compare the sales of DVDs this time, since the show is now competing against itself for DVD & BluRay sales. Perhaps adding the two of them together will give us a better impression of overall performance.
Old 2008-04-30, 14:01   Link #4135
4Tran

Quote:
I think that you're misunderstanding brightman's argument. A while ago, he posted that Gundam 00's DVD sales were far short of Seed Destiny's. Some people brought up the counter-argument that this was because a lot of viewers were waiting for the Blu-ray version. Now that the Blu-ray version is out for pre-order, it's still hasn't garnered anywhere near the amount of sales as Code Geass R2 or Macross Frontier. Given how low ranked Gundam 00's figure is, it's unlikely for even the aggregate of DVD and Blu-ray to come close to the Destiny totals posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing(T_T) View Post
ah yes I did check it again and both series code geass R2 and macross fontier dvd and blue ray version is release at the same date

#31 - Macross Frontier 1 (Blu Ray Disc) and (DVD) - Release Date 2008/7/25
#84 - Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 volume01 (Blu Ray Disc) and (DVD) - Release Date 2008/8/22

this kind of comparison is not fair since gundam 00 release between dvd vol 1 and Blue ray vol 1 seperated like 9-10 months in fact the sales of the dvd have been doing really well despite the split for people who waiting for the blue ray for example:
The comparison isn't really between the sales Code Geass R2 and Macross Frontier versus Gundam 00; it's more between Seed Destiny and Gundam 00. However, that Gundam 00 seems to fare so poorly against its contemporaries is certainly a bit of a concern.

By the way, the information in your quote from Gunota is accounted for in brightman's figures. DVD 2 sold about 20,000 copies in the first week, and about 12,500 in the weeks up to now. This is quite in line with other DVD sales patterns.
Old 2008-04-30, 15:35   Link #4136
Terra

The thing is, the series it's being compared against I feel are series that have a more general appeal and will do better in DVD sales. But despite it's lower sales, it's still doing well as far as I can see.
Old 2008-04-30, 20:33   Link #4137
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
The thing is, the series it's being compared against I feel are series that have a more general appeal and will do better in DVD sales. But despite it's lower sales, it's still doing well as far as I can see.
Macross Frontier and Code Geass definitely *don't* have general appeal... They aren't late night anime for no reason (the latest episode of Code Geass R2 getting a paltry 1.4% TV rating on the 5:30pm Sunday slot notwithstanding...)

However, as people who buy anime DVDs tend to not be of the general audience, I'll let that one slide...

Anyway, Mizushima has in multiple interviews suggested that he himself thought that Season 1 didn't do well enough, and they need to improve for the second season in a variety of ways... Hopefully though, that doesn't mean Seed Destiny-level fan catering and pleasing.
Old 2008-04-30, 20:51   Link #4138
Shinkouhyou
(#゚Д゚)

Quote:
Macross Frontier and Code Geass definitely *don't* have general appeal... They aren't late night anime for no reason (the latest episode of Code Geass R2 getting a paltry 1.4% TV rating on the 5:30pm Sunday slot notwithstanding...)

However, as people who buy anime DVDs tend to not be of the general audience, I'll let that one slide...

Anyway, Mizushima has in multiple interviews suggested that he himself thought that Season 1 didn't do well enough, and they need to improve for the second season in a variety of ways... Hopefully though, that doesn't mean Seed Destiny-level fan catering and pleasing.
1.4%!? Since Code Geass seems to be extremely popular judging by DVD sales, I'm kind of worried about the time slot that 00 will be taking over in the fall! I wonder what the impact of downloading is in Japan... It's easier than ever to get HQ episodes and burn them to DVD or Blu-Ray, so why bother staying home for an early evening broadcast?

(Or maybe Code Geass's fan pandering is finally starting to annoy people? )
Shinkouhyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 23:21   Link #4139
Nightwing(T_T)
Sooo............sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I think that you're misunderstanding brightman's argument. A while ago, he posted that Gundam 00's DVD sales were far short of Seed Destiny's. Some people brought up the counter-argument that this was because a lot of viewers were waiting for the Blu-ray version. Now that the Blu-ray version is out for pre-order, it's still hasn't garnered anywhere near the amount of sales as Code Geass R2 or Macross Frontier.
yes it's true that gundam 00 dvd sales is loose to destiny and it also because some people waiting for the blue ray and now it come out just like being announced 3 weeks ago and without a cover + so little information (who wants to order? ) why don't we wait for the first week Blue ray sales and added it to first week Dvd sales (since we already have the record of the first week sales of the DVD) then we can really compare it

and there is also the fact that despite what people saying that gundam 00 tv rating is not as high as destiny (well destiny rating even higher than seed and still why many people call it a failure ) the DVD sales "only" still manage to top the chart in orion and other place

Quote:
The comparison isn't really between the sales Code Geass R2 and Macross Frontier versus Gundam 00; it's more between Seed Destiny and Gundam 00. However, that Gundam 00 seems to fare so poorly against its contemporaries is certainly a bit of a concern.
Quote:
this is what Brightman first trying to say and then showing that Gundam 00 Blue-ray that just come out is lower than other series without showing that actually gundam 00 DVD vol 5 top the chart at position 11

Quote:
Given how low ranked Gundam 00's figure is, it's unlikely for even the aggregate of DVD and Blu-ray to come close to the Destiny totals posted..
no, destiny have higher rating and DVD sales (even higher than seed) but his gunpla figure went down to the hill really hard even the producer in Mizushima interview say that It's not successfull at all on the contrary gundam 00 gunpla figure is really succesful - gunota (bear in mind that this news is in december)

Quote:
not exactly true, actually what he said in the interview was that he admit that first half of the show indeed lack of rating (well so many character background to be built I guess) but then the latter half he said that he managed to built the show as what he envision since the latter half rating really catch up + he also said that the way drama and character develpoment progress in s1 will also be reflected/used in s2 - more killing? yeah way to go Mizushima kill'em all!

let me ask you then isn't gundam show also about like 50 episode of gunpla figure commerialism? if you says it's not then why DEstiny that have higher rating + dvd sales than seed and 00 didn't granted a sequel (like that rumour of Gundam seed eternity or something ) in fact the reason why Seed given a sequel(destiny) is because it's criticaly acclaimed and have high gunpla sales (seed rating is not as high as destiny and watch gundam X then start to wonder why this good series given a really low rating to the point it's being canceled despite the show have areally good story nice character etc and critically acclaimed but the sequel manga prove to be really popular making alot of peple wondering ) well they did given a second chance to seed series by releasing a movie about it which something I expected since I realy like seed but not destiny

if you read the mizushima in interview before gundam 00 aired he said that actually he is reluctant to accept the job because of his lack of knowledge in gundam but they said that they choose him because thay want to create a gundam show that is different than other (which is something he succeed in archieving from my point of view)

Last edited by Nightwing(T_T); 2008-05-01 at 00:09.
Old 2008-05-01, 01:32   Link #4140
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

To me, 00 is no more different from the rest than Turn A or even SEED.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers