Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-09-28, 06:33   Link #401
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Part 2 opening:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-28, 07:13   Link #402
SidVicious
Anime addict

Really nice opening.

Last edited by SidVicious; 2022-09-28 at 08:13.
SidVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-28, 07:56   Link #403
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It should be, Araki Tetsuro directed it.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-28, 09:39   Link #404
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Part 2 opening:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Surprised they released it early, but it's a beautiful Opening .

Definitely some great animation and interplay from the Forgers' private matters with their happy family life .
Old 2022-09-28, 10:59   Link #405
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Definitely some great animation and interplay from the Forgers' private matters with their happy family life .
Much better song too.
Now I won't need to press that FF button to skip the annoying OP1 song every episode.
Old 2022-09-28, 13:14   Link #406
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Much better song too.
Now I won't need to press that FF button to skip the annoying OP1 song every episode.
The original OP was such a banger though .
Old 2022-09-28, 13:17   Link #407
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
The original OP was such a banger though .
Not for me.
Old 2022-09-28, 15:54   Link #408
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

One thing that needs to be asked: will the OP be updated later in the season to reflect
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2022-10-01, 11:02   Link #409
Frontier

A nice recap to start us off with the return of the Forger Family .

I don't know what's better, a Bump of Chicken Opening or the fact that they actually subbed the lyrics! And we've got some nice, pleasant, visuals of the Forger Family in their "private lives" but coming together and having a blast as a family, which is what you love to see! We also get to see the supporting cast, new and old, and some smooth knife action from Yor .

There's a political summit going on between the East and West...but who cares! All Anya is excited for is finally getting a dog! Isn't it fantastic how Operation Strix lets Loid treat his daughter so well .

Well, yeah, pretty clearly dogs trained by an agency and who look like thugs would not be what Anya is looking for. Her expressions, as always, say it all .

So the new bad guys are...radical college students!? Although that makes it easy for Loid and Sylvia to trick the one guy they got captured into revealing more about their plot to cause a war .

The dog! And he's quite the heroic dog, using his precognition powers to save a young boy !

Puppies! Kitties! Bunnies! Yet Anya is still the cutest thing in the room .

I love Yor freaking out over losing her daughter like any mother would. And how she just casually flips onto the roof to get a better view of the area. Or how she immediately assumes Anya got eaten by a dog, or then got kidnapped (technically right) to get forced into marriage (less right), or that she still thinks Loid is in the bathroom this whole time .

It's bad enough these guys are willing to use dogs as bombs for their political plot, but killing a child? Utterly deplorable !

So the dog is from a science experiment to breed High IQ animals, except in his case it ended up giving him the ability to see in the future...which is something he has in common with Anya, who was also experimented on, and with her telepathy she can actually really communicate with him! Maybe he is the perfect dog for the Forger Family .

The dog is very protective...it's just also a wimp when it comes to violence .

Anya is so hyped up to become Starlight Anya again and save the day once more...except the dog has no idea where he's going. Luckily Yor is there to kick a fool and make him bounce on his walls, because no one is going to forcibly marry off her daughter quite yet .

The Ending is a nice and cool theme, with the Forger Family in their darkest depths but finding the light together as a family! And we've got the other people interlinked in their lives as well. And while it's not the Forger Family dancing, we did get to see them make a meal together, which is very sweet! Anya's cooking mishap (and trying to steal a bite) and Yor's skills at cutting up meat were on full display .
Old 2022-10-01, 14:27   Link #410
Decel

I like the new Bump of Chicken OP, definitely prefer it over the previous one.

The new EP's song doesn't seem to beat Gen Hoshino's bop from the previous one, but the little details sprinkled in the animation is really fun to observe.

Not too sure what to make of that dog's traits/personality from what I've seen so far.
Old 2022-10-01, 14:59   Link #411
Frontier

I feel like I'm the only one who enjoyed the old Opening .
Old 2022-10-01, 16:11   Link #412
ryllharu

Quote:
I feel like I'm the only one who enjoyed the old Opening .
I liked the animation style of the old one emphasizing retro art, but didn't care for the song.

On the new one, I'm ambivalent to the song, but the animation is definitely movie quality. Wow.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-01, 16:55   Link #413
grecefar

I like the new ending.

Starlight anya is back!
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-01, 18:08   Link #414
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I like both the new OP and ED better than the old ones.
Old 2022-10-01, 19:41   Link #415
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I liked the weird sort of experimental visuals of the first OP and was indifferent to the song. The new OP's visuals look like something I'd expect for a film, so I like them equally as much... but I don't care for the song at all. I've never really liked Bump of Chicken. The vast majority of their songs sound exactly the same. This will probably make somebody somewhere mad, but Bump of Chicken is like the Nickleback of J-pop to me. <_< It's just forgettable easy listening.

I really adored the first ED both visually and musically, but I think the song in the new one is better (I even could've seen it as the OP song, honestly). The visuals may be very clean and pretty, but the story of what's going on still captures the vibe of the first ED, so I'm pleased.
Old 2022-10-01, 20:14   Link #416
Gerard07

It's good that this anime is back, to wait next week for the next chapter. Ask; It has been said in the manga how old is the dog that sees the future?.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-01, 20:40   Link #417
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm happy with the new OP. I didn't mind the visuals of it since it had a cool little story going on there. But I didn't quite love the song. It wasn't bad, but didn't love it. Much prefer what Bump of Chicken brought here. Wasn't the same old thing they've done for other OPs that I've also liked, but definitely worked here. And the visuals were still really good. ED was also plenty nice too .

Anya is amazing at nearly getting herself killed. I mean sure she has some OP parents. But that won't do her much good if she's killed before they find out something's happened! Good work, dog!

Yor remains a treasure. Of course she presumes these guys are kidnapping Anya...in order to force her into marriage ! She does show off her skills. Quite a good way to check out a room from the high ground . And quite a dynamic entry rescue there. Everyone in that area better run for their lives...Yor is ready to go!
Old 2022-10-02, 01:40   Link #418
Random14

I like the new opening song and animation more than the first (Bump of Chicken is usually very good). Didn't care for the first opening song, though the animations were somewhat unique. New ending song and animation are great too, especially with the little arc we see.

Happy to see this series back and I've been looking forward to this arc. I love little details like the dogs doing muscle poses when Twilight's talking to the owner. And simple excuse but still nice assist on Anya's part.

Loid's life is busy as ever, now he's got to deal with some crazy would-be terrorists (and boy are they mean ones, look what they almost did to Anya).

They're an unusual pair, a telepathic kid and prophetic dog, but their abilities complement each other perfectly. I kind of wonder if Anya came from that project too. Well, aside from how neither have any idea what they're doing (as they're a kid and dog) but fortunately its Yor to the rescue. Not so much for that other guy and Yor's still very angry (though she doesn't really get what's going on either, but close enough).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-02, 19:22   Link #419
Decel

I just noticed that the OP heavily focuses on Yor & Anya together. I wonder if it's an underlying theme of the cour.
Old 2022-10-02, 20:37   Link #420
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
I just noticed that the OP heavily focuses on Yor & Anya together. I wonder if it's an underlying theme of the cour.
Yeah, I'm surprised by how little Loid appears in the OP and how Yor+Anya centric it is.

Tags
action, bondman, comedy, espionage, james bond, secret agency