Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2013-09-06, 05:05   Link #4341
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
*cough*Monohoshizao*cough*
That's just a nickname not its real name.

Quote:
Spoiler for Fate/Stay Night Fake Assassin's identity:
But you're right, it does have a "name".
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 05:44   Link #4342
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm sorry. So very sorry.

It's just. I feel so enlightened.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 11:51   Link #4343
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
You mean the "understanding the structure" part. And that's not entirely correct. I refer once again to the Ea example.
Ea is a special case, and explicitly shown as such. Shirou can't understand that because it's made of materials he can't comprehend.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 12:21   Link #4344
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
When did Medusa fail to seduce Waver?
Old 2013-09-06, 12:46   Link #4345
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
When did Medusa fail to seduce Waver?
A better question is when would they have met? Medusa was only in the 5th war and never left Furuyuki, whereas Waver was only in the 4th war and didn't go back to Japan from the time of the 5th war onwards in the HF route.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 14:17   Link #4346
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

They would have met if they all visited the Magic Association.

I'm currently investigating (original post from Beast's Lair)
Old 2013-09-06, 14:32   Link #4347
GDB

Why would they visit the Clocktower? Even moreso, why would the Clocktower let them visit and then let them leave?
Old 2013-09-06, 14:38   Link #4348
Shadow5YA

Quote:
As I recall it was only used twice. Once to defend against Gae Bolg in UBW, and once to cushion Excalibur in HF.

EDIT: Oh wait didn't Archer also use it after Shirou defeated Gilgamesh who was trying to take Shirou down with him? Someone else needs to confirm this tho.
In UBW (the route), Archer used it once to defend against Gae Bolg, then once again to save Shirou when Gilgamesh was about to finish him off:
Quote:
Complete Material III:
Q: In the end of the Rin route, was it Shirou that projected Rho Aias in the Shirou vs Gilgamesh fight? Or was it Archer? In Fate/side material, it's said that it was projection magic from Archer, but in the story, there was the depiction of Shirou "pulling the shield from the hill". Does this mean that this switched to Archer's scene?
A: This has been easy to misunderstand, but the part about Archer supporting Shirou was the time before Shirou pulled out Rho Aias, before Shirou came to his realization. After Shirou's monologue about his surprise that he was still alive after taking Gil's attack, "If I survived, there must have been a reason why I survived. But that was simply something I didn't have any control over." That was the "Rho Aias" that Archer made to help Shirou in a way that wouldn't let Gilgamesh know there was someone else waiting to ambush him.
The quote refers to the moment when Shirou was down for the count against Gil and was about to give up. Gil was quite clearly going to finish him off, but it's implied that *something* kept Shirou alive. That something was Archer using Rho Aias without either of the two knowing.

Then later, Shirou used it once against Gilgamesh before summoning UBW (the reality marble), but used his entire body to project it instead of just his hand and got only four petals.

When Gilgamesh was disappearing into the Grail's void and tried to take Shirou with him using Enkidu, Archer just fired a sword straight into Gil's head, forcing him to let go.

In HF, Shirou (with Archer's arm) used it once against Saber.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2013-09-06 at 14:52.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 14:55   Link #4349
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
In UBW (the route), Archer used it once to defend against Gae Bolg. Shirou used it once against Gilgamesh before summoning UBW (the reality marble), but used his entire body to project it instead of just his hand and got only four petals.

When Gilgamesh was disappearing into the Grail's void and tried to take Shirou with him using Enkidu, Archer just fired a sword straight into Gil's head, forcing him to let go.

In HF, Shirou (with Archer's arm) used it once against Saber.
You are forgetting that Archer also seems to have used it to protect Shirou against Gilgamesh before Shirou himself used Rho Aias in that scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Rho_Aias
Complete Material III:
Q: In the end of the Rin route, was it Shirou that projected Rho Aias in the Shirou vs Gilgamesh fight? Or was it Archer? In Fate/side material, it's said that it was projection magic from Archer, but in the story, there was the depiction of Shirou "pulling the shield from the hill". Does this mean that this switched to Archer's scene?
A: This has been easy to misunderstand, but the part about Archer supporting Shirou was the time before Shirou pulled out Rho Aias, before Shirou came to his realization. After Shirou's monologue about his surprise that he was still alive after taking Gil's attack, "If I survived, there must have been a reason why I survived. But that was simply something I didn't have any control over." That was the "Rho Aias" that Archer made to help Shirou in a way that wouldn't let Gilgamesh know there was someone else waiting to ambush him.
Old 2013-09-06, 15:16   Link #4350
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
You are forgetting that Archer also seems to have used it to protect Shirou against Gilgamesh before Shirou himself used Rho Aias in that scene.
See above. I edited my post while you were quoting it.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 16:59   Link #4351
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Why is a magus unwelcome in the Magic Association?
Old 2013-09-06, 17:08   Link #4352
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
See above. I edited my post while you were quoting it.
I see. Than you can ignore my correction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Why is a magus unwelcome in the Magic Association?
It has probably to do with the sealing designation.

If someone of great value got their attention they would like to seal him so that they are able to study that person.
This probably also applies to artifacts and other magical things, like servants.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2013-09-06 at 17:18.
Old 2013-09-06, 17:26   Link #4353
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Yeah it seems the drama CD doesn't exist. However I found a few interesting drama CDs.

- Rider (Iskandar) meeting Taiga.
- Kiritsugu having a close call with Kirei.
Old 2013-09-07, 09:35   Link #4354
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Why would they visit the Clocktower? Even moreso, why would the Clocktower let them visit and then let them leave?
Post-HF, and to visit Rin presumably. Alternately, Waver could have visited them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
It has probably to do with the sealing designation.

If someone of great value got their attention they would like to seal him so that they are able to study that person.
This probably also applies to artifacts and other magical things, like servants.
Well, they could attempt to seal Sakura, at least. It would be a very brave magus who tried such a thing, though....
Old 2013-09-07, 10:20   Link #4355
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Post-HF, and to visit Rin presumably. Alternately, Waver could have visited them.

Well, they could attempt to seal Sakura, at least. It would be a very brave magus who tried such a thing, though....
That's just it, though. For some reason, I doubt that such proud magi would let friends and family just visit one of the students. It kind of has a Hogwarts feel, in that if you want to see friends or family you go to them, they don't go to you. Even if they did, both Rider and Sakura would be hunted mercilessly for how exceptionally unique they are. And if they found out why Shirou was how he was, they'd go after him too.

As for Waver visiting them, what possible reason would there be for that? What even exists that implies he would ever do such a thing? Furthermore, why would Rider even try to seduce him even if they did meet? She's not a freaking succubus.
Old 2013-09-07, 11:07   Link #4356
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Where did the original question of "when did Medusa fail to seduce Waver" even come from?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 22:28   Link #4357
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I have watched up to the ninth episode, but is it true that this season only lasts 10 episodes?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 07:37   Link #4358
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I have watched up to the ninth episode, but is it true that this season only lasts 10 episodes?
If you mean Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA, yeah, the first season has only 10 episodes.
Old 2013-09-09, 14:00   Link #4359
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
That's just it, though. For some reason, I doubt that such proud magi would let friends and family just visit one of the students. It kind of has a Hogwarts feel, in that if you want to see friends or family you go to them, they don't go to you. Even if they did, both Rider and Sakura would be hunted mercilessly for how exceptionally unique they are. And if they found out why Shirou was how he was, they'd go after him too.

As for Waver visiting them, what possible reason would there be for that? What even exists that implies he would ever do such a thing? Furthermore, why would Rider even try to seduce him even if they did meet? She's not a freaking succubus.
Spoiler:

As long as they kept their head low, they should not run into any problems.

Medusa seducing Waver is a joke from the All Around Type Moon Drama CD. Not much more to it than that.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 18:18   Link #4360
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
That's just it, though. For some reason, I doubt that such proud magi would let friends and family just visit one of the students. It kind of has a Hogwarts feel, in that if you want to see friends or family you go to them, they don't go to you.
The impression I get is that the Clock Tower is basically just a university for magi. Certainly they have student dormatries. So, I don't see why Sakura and Rider could not visit them there.

Quote:
Even if they did, both Rider and Sakura would be hunted mercilessly for how exceptionally unique they are. And if they found out why Shirou was how he was, they'd go after him too.
Rider is a Heroic Spirit, hunting her sounds like an exceptionally bad idea. As for Sakura, she's basically just a normal magus. They might hunt her, but there's no certainty they would, particularly if they were not told her past.

Quote:
As for Waver visiting them, what possible reason would there be for that? What even exists that implies he would ever do such a thing?
He's Rin's teacher, it figures he'd come over to see what she's up to at some point.

Quote:
Furthermore, why would Rider even try to seduce him even if they did meet? She's not a freaking succubus.
Well, she does seem quite a sexual person, but I agree that she is unlikely to go after Waver. She's more into girls....