Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-03, 17:16   Link #4401
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Would a D-ranked F-15 be considered in a special category? It seems a B-rank in the average of a Noble Phantasm (minus those with special effects, merely raw power [Lancer's Gae Bolg and Tsubame Gaeshi (a skill with the power to match a NP comes to mind])
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Doesn't Berserker's weapon of choice get upgraded to a rank B NP?
His weapon of choice is Arondight, which is an A+ Noble Phantasm weapon that increases all of his parameters.... and an tree branch (which took form in his other Noble Phantasm, Knight of Honor: any object which is conceptualized as a weapon becomes a D-ranked NP which he mastered).
Old 2013-10-03, 18:37   Link #4402
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Would a D-ranked F-15 be considered in a special category? It seems a B-rank in the average of a Noble Phantasm (minus those with special effects, merely raw power [Lancer's Gae Bolg and Tsubame Gaeshi (a skill with the power to match a NP comes to mind])
Rank /= power. The rank of a Noble Phantasm is more of a measure of the strength of its "concept". A rank E Noble Phantasm can still be more destructive than a rank A one. The only time rank matters is when it is a direct clash of concepts, like with Berserker's God Hand.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 22:34   Link #4403
DaItalianFish

Can Servants sense Magi/Masters? Like normally a Magus can tell if another person is a Magus. So would a Servant (excluding caster) be able to do the same? Along the same lines, can a Servant tell if a person is a Master even if that person isn't a Magus?

Also this is kind of a random question, and contains spoilers for Fate and UBW

Spoiler:

Also, thanks for the help earlier everybody.

Last edited by DaItalianFish; 2013-10-03 at 22:52.
DaItalianFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 00:59   Link #4404
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
His weapon of choice is Arondight, which is an A+ Noble Phantasm weapon that increases all of his parameters.... and an tree branch (which took form in his other Noble Phantasm, Knight of Honor: any object which is conceptualized as a weapon becomes a D-ranked NP which he mastered).
You know what I meant, why the hell would you bring Arondight into this? Why would you tell me all this stuff I never asked about? I -thought- his weapon of choice would get upgraded to B rank, I guess I was wrong about that, -that's all I wanted to know-.

Jeez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaItalianFish View Post
Can Servants sense Magi/Masters? Like normally a Magus can tell if another person is a Magus. So would a Servant (excluding caster) be able to do the same? Along the same lines, can a Servant tell if a person is a Master even if that person isn't a Magus?
Hard to say and depends on the individual servant, but in general, either they can't, or they can sense a master as well as a normal magus without a command seal can. It partly depends on what their abilities with magic were when they were alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaItalianFish View Post
Also this is kind of a random question, and contains spoilers for Fate and UBW

Spoiler:

Also, thanks for the help earlier everybody.
Spoiler:
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 03:53   Link #4405
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 06:58   Link #4406
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Do you... Understand the meaning of "Many similarities"?
Old 2013-10-04, 14:10   Link #4407
Brother Coa
Banned

I know, that is why I think that he is some reality where nothing happened like we saw in all three routes but totally different instead.
Old 2013-10-04, 17:15   Link #4408
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, it makes sense to me for Archer's "Route" to be a lot like the Fate scenario. But I'll at the very least admit it's hard to tell since even Word of God is inconclusive.
Old 2013-10-05, 01:05   Link #4409
DaItalianFish

Well in terms of similarities to the other routes, there is no doubt the end result would have been similar to the Fate route.

Spoiler:

At the same time, that doesn't have to mean the actual events of the war were similar to Fate.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-10-05, 03:47   Link #4410
Brother Coa
Banned

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2013-10-05, 04:56   Link #4411
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

But... I never said Archer came from Fate route, where are you getting this idea from?
Old 2013-10-05, 05:57   Link #4412
Brother Coa
Banned

Sorry, to me 'very likely' and 'guaranteed to be the most similar' is the same as "it is".
Old 2013-10-05, 09:46   Link #4413
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That... doesn't even make sense. If something is "similar" it automatically means it's "different". Else it would be "identical".
Old 2013-10-05, 10:19   Link #4414
DaItalianFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
Sorry, to me 'very likely' and 'guaranteed to be the most similar' is the same as "it is".
'Guaranteed to be the most similar' is not the same as 'it is'. It just means that it is the MOST similar out of the three routes, which honestly could mean anything. If the other two routes are incredibly different, Fate being the most similar could just mean as little as 'Shirou ate breakfast on Tuesday both times'.

And like you said, his route would bare similarity to the Fate route. Which is exactly what I said, just worded differently...
Old 2013-10-05, 17:03   Link #4415
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well now we are discussing semantics and really that phrase can mean anything so there is no answer, and no question. Making this an argument best suited for the thread of the series itself
Old 2013-10-06, 08:16   Link #4416
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It matters when people are refuting arguments I never made. I severely despise word twisting just so you can"be right".
Old 2013-10-06, 08:50   Link #4417
Brother Coa
Banned

I never said that you said that Archer came from Fate route, I just said that he may come from some other universe tied with Fate but totally different than what we saw in Visual Novel.
And as I said when someone tells me "similar" or "mostly" I take that like it is 100% like that. But I am just like that and sorry if I upset you but I never twisted your words as you say ( if you read my comment you will see I used the same word as you 'similar' ).

In the end we can all agree on one thing:
Spoiler for Archer:

Witch reminds me... I have forgotten... how did Shirou became Archer at all?
Spoiler for Archer past:
Old 2013-10-06, 08:57   Link #4418
GDB

Neither. He did it because he failed to save people and making the pact allowed him to save them. That's why he's stuck as a Counter Guardian while Saber isn't, since she never obtained the Grail.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 10:02   Link #4419
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Archer never actually abandoned his ideals. His ideals abandoned him. And I do believe he actually only became so jaded after his ascension to legendary soul. Because he started to believe that any effort he makes is in vain. Each time he was summoned, the world was about to be destroyed. Apparently, Counter Guardians aren't really heroes who fight evil. They're more like the cleanup crew who makes sure the world doesn't fall apart after humans made a mess of things.
Old 2013-10-06, 12:29   Link #4420
Brother Coa
Banned

I see, thanks for your answers.

About his jadedy - I still don't know how he do not see it coming? It is a fact that no matter how import you are or how strong your ideals are - in the grand scheme of things ( when compared to entire species for example ) you are just one individual and as such can only have limited influence ( unless you are that special one like Jesus, witch Shirou obliviously wasn't ). It get's even worse when time progress forward and everything spread - you became more and more insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Interesting theory, I like it