AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-29, 14:14   Link #441
cyth
Banned

Didn't the staff say Tapioca is a girl? Her lover looks like a girl too.

o.o
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 14:35   Link #442
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Lesbian ducks FTW.

The crown made it look male to me. I'm fairly clueless about how to tell a duck's gender anyway.
Old 2012-06-29, 15:12   Link #443
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm pretty sure Tapioca's lover is a drake.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 21:25   Link #444
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Nice ending but all I can think during the last fishing scene that some one watching to much River Monsters and what would Jeremy Wade do
Old 2012-06-30, 10:05   Link #445
YayPepsi

There's a Tsuritama novel coming out. It seems like it will be updated weekly. Unfortunately, it's in Japanese and I don't know how likely it is to be translated. Google translate gives a somewhat passable translation though.
Old 2012-07-01, 04:46   Link #446
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Currently my best anime in this season & year.
UFO anime always amazes me.
Loved it all from beginning to the end.

And Thanks for the Q&A session.

Quote:
- The Enoshima Dance steps might be revealed in the DVD/BD or in some way. The staff are considering it. (Oh yes, please do it!)
Wanna try it too ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 05:39   Link #447
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayPepsi View Post
There's a Tsuritama novel coming out.
!! I thought it was only available in print form... good to know it's not! *saves for later reading* (Btw it's written by the head writer of the anime, Oono Toshiya, who wrote most of the episode scripts as well.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 01:58   Link #448
kuromitsu

In case no-one mentioned this so far, the website now has special comments from Nakamura Kenji (director), Oono Toshiya (writer) and the main seiyuu, plus an adorable artwork by Uki Atsuya (chara designer). Nakamura's and Oono's comments made me go aaawwwww~~ ^^;;

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-07-02 at 02:09.
Old 2012-07-02, 03:22   Link #449
cyth
Banned

Allow me translate it loosely.
Quote:
Director Nakamura Kenji's comment

Tsuritama was like a new epoch for me.
Even though the broadcast finished, I wanted to make an ending that would seem like the story would continue.

That being said, to all of you who love Tsuritama, thank you very much.
Yuki's, Natsuki's, Akira's and Haru's tale won't end just yet.
Yuki and Natsuki still video chat via smartphones.
Akira occasionally visits Enoshima from time to time and they're also connected through social networking sites.
In this internet society, true goodbyes are hard to come by.
But why do we still want to meet up with those people, I wonder?
Watching our four friends, I think I got a hint to answer that question.

What about all of you?

We don't know what will happen next, but the story to follow is something I want to entrust to your heart's content.

Also, though I truly want to say the following to each and every one of you individually, allow me to say it quickly here on this occasion:

To all of you who watched up to this point, and to my staff, I love, love, love, love, loooove you all!!

Thank you very much!!

Last edited by cyth; 2012-07-02 at 10:57. Reason: thanks kuromitsu for fixes!
Old 2012-07-02, 08:38   Link #450
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Allow me translate it loosely.
^Just two notes, I think the first sentence should be something like "it was like a new epoch for me" (or maybe even epoch-making?). Also, for Akira he says he visits Enoshima from time to time, and they're also connected by sns (I can't help imagining Tapioca posting incriminating photos of Akira on Facebook XD).

I've started reading the first chapter of the novelization, and it's pretty good. So far Yuki's parts are written in first person, and wow, the boy has some pretty dark thoughts! (Nothing over the top, though, it quite fits the character from the anime.) Also, in this version he can't speak French, he just likes how it sounds. Kate, however, does speak some French (and it seems alright to me but most of my French knowledge is very, very passive). There are also some things we haven't seen in the anime (very small things, such as Haru being in fish form, some lines that didn't make it, Yuki remembering his father, etc).
Old 2012-07-02, 08:50   Link #451
Kirarakim

My dream is to meet Nakamura Kenji and tell him how much I love this series & Mononoke.
Old 2012-07-02, 11:56   Link #452
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It really shines through just how much everyone involved loved this project. There's an aura of positivity that seems to suffuse everything about Tsuritama.
Old 2012-07-02, 13:13   Link #453
kuromitsu

Someone should translate Oono's message - it's pretty personal and puts the whole thing in a very interesting perspective. (I'll do it myself if no-one wants to, but Natsuki's line that he quotes is so insanely awesome that I probably wouldn't do it justice in English.)
Old 2012-07-02, 14:16   Link #454
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Someone should translate Oono's message - it's pretty personal and puts the whole thing in a very interesting perspective. (I'll do it myself if no-one wants to, but Natsuki's line that he quotes is so insanely awesome that I probably wouldn't do it justice in English.)
Please do! I'd love to see it, even in an imperfect translation.
Old 2012-07-02, 16:41   Link #455
kuromitsu

Well, I did a very loose translation myself. Please note that my brain is pretty much cooked at the moment from the heat, also I are ESL person. (And in the end I didn't even tackle that line, I hope the meaning does come through, especially from this context.)

Quote:
Head writer Oono Toshiya's message

I think that by writing Tsuritama I've finally managed to come to terms with my dark high-school years.
Well, it's nothing too serious, but to be honest I was a hopeless case back then.
Locking myself up in my own shell, rebuffing people for no reason, sometimes arrogantly judging them...
No wonder I couldn't make friends, and so I never got to experience the so-called "springtime of life."
I always wanted to get revenge for that. And this was it.

A series called Tsuritama.

After many decades I'm taking back the "springtime" that I should have had.
This is what they call "regaining one's youth."
Even if we were hopeless back then, it's okay.
There will come a time when we can face that "past self" and deal with him.
So until that time comes, let's wait and bear.
Let's not give up and mock other people.
Let's not sulk, get depressed, or be cynical about life.
Everyone is the protagonist of life.
And when it eventually gets tough, let's remember the most important line:

"You know, I don't care, even if this is the center of the world."

Thank you, Tsuritama.
Thank you for everyone who was involved with Tsuritama.
I'll do my best so I can feel this way again.
See you later, somewhere...
FYI: "springtime of life" = seishun = youth. I just wanted to get the overtone across when he's speaking about youth, since that, and all that it implies is the central theme of Tsuritama. (SF = seishun fishing ^^;; also, the ship Seishunmaru.)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-07-02 at 16:55. Reason: ok I give up on proper grammar
Old 2012-07-02, 16:59   Link #456
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Also, Yuki = winter (well, snow) and what's spring? Why, Haru of course. Spring thaws winter, does it not?

I'll be on the lookout for Oono Toshiya in future - he came completely from off my radar screen with Tsuritama, but this is a name to watch.

Thanks for the translation!
Old 2012-07-02, 17:19   Link #457
Kirarakim

I especially like this line

"Everyone is the protagonist of life"
Old 2012-07-03, 05:24   Link #458
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Also, Yuki = winter (well, snow) and what's spring? Why, Haru of course. Spring thaws winter, does it not?

I'll be on the lookout for Oono Toshiya in future - he came completely from off my radar screen with Tsuritama, but this is a name to watch.
I hadn't made the connection earlier, but seishun is written with the kanji of "aoi haru" (the so-called "Blue" Spring), so yes, that's how Haru's name ties into the theme.

As for Oono, apparently Tsuritama was only the third anime he wrote (fourth if we count the Suite PreCure movie), he's been writing mostly movies and TV dramas. I hope he'll do more anime in the future...
Old 2012-07-03, 11:20   Link #459
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Oricon numbers are out, and Tsuritama V. 1 did 2116 DVDs in the opening weekend. BDs didn't rank but the threshold was about 3.3K. It's very possible Tsuritama could end up around 4K in the final numbers, which would be a very solid number for a NoitaminA series with four guys as the main characters.
Old 2012-07-03, 12:09   Link #460
cyth
Banned

Noitamina's producer Yamamoto once said Nodame Cantabile didn't do as badly as first few weeks of Oricon numbers suggested, its backorder sales were much better. Given enough time, Tsuritama will be able to break even, no worries. I'm also playing with the idea of purchasing the discs.

Tags
fishing, friendship, noitamina