Originally Posted by Taiyakikung View Post
Spoiler for mastermind:
Spoiler for Cards:
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 11:34   Link #482
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The real eye candy parts of this movie were probably by the end, with the incredible details for the rain. They did the same treatment for Touko's car windshield. These pulled me a "wow", that is certain.

They poured budget like nuts, and honestly, that just dig down most recent movie productions (who said TOEI's? *whistle*).

As for the content itself, pretty much as expected, the plot goes nicely along with the novels, and they kept a neat mood and momentum, pretty much like the other 2, despite the director change.
Chapter 4 will be a rollercoster, that's for sure.
Old 2008-07-24, 11:51   Link #483
Alaya
Counter Force

Not so sure about chapter 4 would be roller coaster because I think the pace will drop a bit. However, that doesn't mean the chapter is not interesting.

At least, we will be shown what is the pain of having those eyes.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 20:51   Link #484
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Enchanting as usual, but I found this episode more confusing as well. Fujino's condition and how it relates to her powers warped my mind for the duration of the episode.

Spoiler for Fujino's past:
Fujino knew that Mikiya was the same person she met that time. At the end Mikiya remembered that he met Fujino before
Old 2008-07-24, 21:00   Link #485
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Fujino knew that Mikiya was the same person she met that time. At the end Mikiya remembered that he met Fujino before
Man, I guess I have to watch this chapter again. I just can't seem to remember which scene has Kokutou remembering this.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 21:22   Link #486
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Man, I guess I have to watch this chapter again. I just can't seem to remember which scene has Kokutou remembering this.
Spoiler for Kokutou:
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 23:04   Link #487
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Spoiler for Kokutou:
Spoiler:
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 23:09   Link #488
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Sigh, I am always slow in raw release. Going to watch this later, need more killing-animations from SHAFT.
Old 2008-07-24, 23:18   Link #489
Sakome

God the animation is beautiful in this series overrall. I love typemoon. Anyway on a side note I wonder if Shiki would classify as a Yandere?
Sakome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 00:04   Link #490
Zippicus

I've liked all three episodes I've seen so far, I just wish they would have told the story in a "normal" manner. I don't really like the somewhat popular trend of telling a story out of sequence. It just makes it unnecessarily hard to follow while not really adding any value to the story. Call me old fashioned but I like stories that start at the beginning and end at the ending.

From what we've seen so far we started in the middle of the story, then went to the beginning, jumped to a point before the middle, and the next episode looks like we're going back to just after the beginning.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 01:06   Link #491
Choki
I believe i can fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
I've liked all three episodes I've seen so far, I just wish they would have told the story in a "normal" manner. I don't really like the somewhat popular trend of telling a story out of sequence. It just makes it unnecessarily hard to follow while not really adding any value to the story. Call me old fashioned but I like stories that start at the beginning and end at the ending.

From what we've seen so far we started in the middle of the story, then went to the beginning, jumped to a point before the middle, and the next episode looks like we're going back to just after the beginning.
Well its because they're trying to follow the novel closely. The novel was in this sequence as well.
Choki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 01:32   Link #492
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choki View Post
Well its because they're trying to follow the novel closely. The novel was in this sequence as well.
Meh, I don't really care why they're doing it, I just wish the trend would stop. Knowing that the books are told in a screwed up manner as well doesn't really make it any better
Old 2008-07-25, 01:52   Link #493
Tran225

rofl in the begining of the movie where there was the raping scene i was so freaked out, im mature enough to handle it but wat if my parents saw it LOL, thank god i closed my door, but i turned the volume hella loud since this is a movie
Tran225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 02:01   Link #494
Slick_rick

Quote:
Meh, I don't really care why they're doing it, I just wish the trend would stop. Knowing that the books are told in a screwed up manner as well doesn't really make it any better
It's not really a screwed up manner. Most story's introduce a character in his/her present form and then do flashbacks to show how the person they was earlier and how they became who they are now. Episode 1 introduce us to Shiki in her present form, Episode 2 introduced to Shiki from the past and Episode 3 expanded on her character and her job. The mystery is how did Episode 2 Shiki became Episode 1 and 3 Shiki. They obviously act very differently. Episode 4 will explain it but it won't explain all the mysteries of what happened. Episode 5, 6, and 7 will be in sequential order so no worries about those. This is done purposely to get you to want to reading/watching the next novel/movie to find out answer to these mysteries.
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 02:05   Link #495
Stargaze
Lost in the starry sky...

Quote:
I find it funny how you call this a 'trend' but wished it to be told in a more 'normal' manner. I thought most animes progresses in the 'normal' manner, that is, following the chronicle order. Anyway, I find that the more 'screwed up' progression more interesting. I'm sorry that you don't like it, but I'm loving it
Old 2008-07-25, 02:24   Link #496
d-one

it strange for you guys to call this new trend when kara no kyoukai originally written in 199* when this trend hasn't appeared yet

If you want to blame someone, blame Nasu when he created this story
d-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 02:37   Link #497
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargaze View Post
I find it funny how you call this a 'trend' but wished it to be told in a more 'normal' manner. I thought most animes progresses in the 'normal' manner, that is, following the chronicle order. Anyway, I find that the more 'screwed up' progression more interesting. I'm sorry that you don't like it, but I'm loving it
I didn't say that I disliked it, I just said that it doesn't really add any value to the story being told. It's already hard enough to follow with the gap in releases without adding any artificial difficulty. In the case of this story it seems like more of a gimmick than anything else. I think the story (so far at least) stands well enough on it's own without any gimmicks.
Old 2008-07-25, 02:49   Link #498
Choki
I believe i can fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-one View Post
it strange for you guys to call this new trend when kara no kyoukai originally written in 199* when this trend hasn't appeared yet

If you want to blame someone, blame Nasu when he created this story
I do blame him for writing such a hard to read but interesting novel.... I lost a few hair reading KnK

Quote:
I didn't say that I disliked it, I just said that it doesn't really add any value to the story being told. It's already hard enough to follow with the gap in releases without adding any artificial difficulty. In the case of this story it seems like more of a gimmick than anything else. I think the story (so far at least) stands well enough on it's own without any gimmicks.
As Slick_rick said earlier, its not really mixed up... Its made that way to make you get interested and fill you with whys and hows. Its a kind of way to attract reader/movie goers. Blame Nasu then, he had a major part in the movie and he's the author XD
Choki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 03:16   Link #499
Stargaze
Lost in the starry sky...

Quote:
I meant you dislike the way it is told. I think the way that is tells the story is actually more attention-grabbing. Yes, can be somewhat confusing, but I think it does have its uses. Yeah, I have to agree with the others, Nasu made the story, if you want to blame someone, you can blame him
Old 2008-07-25, 03:17   Link #500
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choki View Post
As Slick_rick said earlier, its not really mixed up... Its made that way to make you get interested and fill you with whys and hows. Its a kind of way to attract reader/movie goers. Blame Nasu then, he had a major part in the movie and he's the author XD
No matter how you look at it it's mixed up, the anime is following the mixed up story as told by the novels In my case I would be plenty interested no matter how they decided to fill us in on the events that transpired. And I'm not really blaming anyone, I'm just not a big fan of the whole jumbled storyline presentation. Off hand I can't really think of a single story that was made better by telling it out of sequence.

Tags
action, harem, type moon