AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-09-17, 17:24   Link #5081
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
To be honest, I don't understand the point of stacking resources to that level when there's no announcement of an event. Have you just done everything else you want to do in the game?
There is also the possibility that one day I go in a LSC binge, trying my luck at getting Taihou or Yamato.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 18:15   Link #5082
Cyprene

Statistically, if you're doing LSC, the smart thing to do is do it while you're under your natural resource limit, so you can take advantage of the regeneration. Natural regeneration gives you one additional try at Yamato every 4 days or so, which is nothing to sneeze at.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 21:46   Link #5083
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Statistically...
Thing is, I've found that I've gotten the BEST results in bursts, especially during equipment construction and development. We are after all talking about stuff with equipment that have a listed construction chance of less than 10%, and it's more of the same with LSC... except it's infinitely more expensive.

That, and I just want to be able to spam 20+ LSC in one sitting.
Old 2014-09-17, 22:09   Link #5084
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Thing is, I've found that I've gotten the BEST results in bursts, especially during equipment construction and development.
I would say than it's true up to as certain point I my case, I can still get some good equipment with simple daily development.
Old 2014-09-17, 22:47   Link #5085
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
To be honest, I don't understand the point of stacking resources to that level when there's no announcement of an event. Have you just done everything else you want to do in the game?
It makes hitting up E7 for rares that much easier. If not for building up a good stockpile, I wouldn't be able to last through using up 400 additional buckets after clearing E6.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 04:18   Link #5086
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

There is no need to be that extreme either.
Stockpiling that much also implies that you are neglecting ships leveling and equipement. You are a major offender for that panzer, as your Yamato was practically useless for spring event and you cried blood for Reppu during summer.

Stockpiling have obvious benefits and the summer event is a blatant testimony of that. But past that, stockpiling is meaningless if your fleet is not up to the challenge at all.
So considering both points is more favorable than just doing a tunnel vision of things, especially if you lack key elements that would have saved you tons of ressources otherwise.
Old 2014-09-18, 05:11   Link #5087
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Gotta say, that chain quest just to get Z1 is R.I.D.I.C.U.L.O.U.S. Thanks god I am in vacations since ten days. But really, what the hell they were thinking?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 05:22   Link #5088
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Except unlike Panzerfan, I'm not neglecting levels and equipment either. It's just that this time around, I want to spam LSC like a loon.
Old 2014-09-18, 11:52   Link #5089
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Given leveling and development. I'm satisfied w/ around 100k resources.
Old 2014-09-18, 12:36   Link #5090
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
There is no need to be that extreme either.
Stockpiling that much also implies that you are neglecting ships leveling and equipement. You are a major offender for that panzer, as your Yamato was practically useless for spring event and you cried blood for Reppu during summer.

Stockpiling have obvious benefits and the summer event is a blatant testimony of that. But past that, stockpiling is meaningless if your fleet is not up to the challenge at all.
So considering both points is more favorable than just doing a tunnel vision of things, especially if you lack key elements that would have saved you tons of ressources otherwise.
Well yeah, that's about the reason why I can't seem to make any tangible progress past the natural recovery level. When I have time for Kancolle (not much right now due to work I might add, further restricting stockpiling) I am spamming 3-2-1 to get ships leveled. At HQ level 72 my highest leveled ship is Kongou at 75. Then I-168 at 70. For ships level 60+ only Soryu (who I am leveling right now to get to Kai Ni) at 65 and Shigure and Chiyoda at 60 have that distinction. Meanwhile 17 other girls are 50+, although they are CV/CVL/BB exclusively. My best CA, CL, DDs are slightly below that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana Futayo View Post
Given leveling and development. I'm satisfied w/ around 100k resources.
I seem to be stuck between 20 and 30k. After reaching 30k I switched focus away from fuel and fuel level's actually been retreating ever since, right now at 29.2k
Old 2014-09-18, 12:52   Link #5091
cloud04
Scanlator

has too much ammo lol
Old 2014-09-18, 13:16   Link #5092
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I did mention that this usually isn't my style at all.

But I have a goal, and that goal is to be able to spam 20+ LSC in one sitting.

Should be fun.
Old 2014-09-18, 14:42   Link #5093
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
I did mention that this usually isn't my style at all.

But I have a goal, and that goal is to be able to spam 20+ LSC in one sitting.

Should be fun.
then get trolled everytime lol GG XD
cant even do lsc coz of lack of space
Old 2014-09-18, 14:47   Link #5094
Cyprene

Well, if you know what you're doing and why you're doing it, that's certainly a valid style of play.

I've gotta say though, saving up resources for a spam of 20 LSCs in a row sounds like a great way of tempting karma.
Old 2014-09-18, 14:49   Link #5095
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I think I like drops more than construction. Been doing yamatoplanes for dailies.
Speaking of LSC, one fellow on WoWS kancolle thread managed to get both hotels and BSM in 4 shots. Luck is a strange thing. Moments after that craft, another fellow got a Taihou 1shot.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2014-09-18, 14:59   Link #5096
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
I've gotta say though, saving up resources for a spam of 20 LSCs in a row sounds like a great way of tempting karma.
Like I said, I actually seem to do better in bursts than single one-offs. Look at my development spam in the weeks leading to the Summer event for example. This hoarding for the purpose of a "MWAHAHAHAHAHA YOLO!" LSC spam is just an extension of that.

Here's a food for thought for example: at 150k resources all-around, you have enough resources for 25 straight LSC attempts, if you're using a recipe that has 6k in one of its requirements. Such fun this will be.
Old 2014-09-18, 15:24   Link #5097
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Like I said, I actually seem to do better in bursts than single one-offs. Look at my development spam in the weeks leading to the Summer event for example. This hoarding for the purpose of a "MWAHAHAHAHAHA YOLO!" LSC spam is just an extension of that.

Here's a food for thought for example: at 150k resources all-around, you have enough resources for 25 straight LSC attempts, if you're using a recipe that has 6k in one of its requirements. Such fun this will be.
You don't even need to do that for Yamato though. 3000/4200/4200/2000/20 is a known rec for getting her as well.

Old 2014-09-18, 16:09   Link #5098
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Except that recipe, as far as Wikiwiki goes, doesn't even have an accurate sample size to it. Which means, HAHAHA, no.

And go back several months, on this very thread, and you'll see that I got Yamato from 4k/6k/6k/3k/20.
Old 2014-09-18, 16:27   Link #5099
Cyprene

Ironically enough, I now need to start stockpiling. >_>
After clearing 5-3, I am down to 2.3k fuel and 1.2k steel. Christ, that was horrific. I think that's worse than any map I've ever done before, including E-2 from summer.

Myssa-
What do you need from LSC? You've got a Yamato right?
Old 2014-09-18, 16:28   Link #5100
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Most likely Taihou, which is borderline more important than Yamato save final maps thus far.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls