AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2017-12-26, 18:49   Link #5081
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
I think most people from South America like me started from Z. Same happened with United States if I recall well.
well actually at last on brazil we started with "classical" dragon ball, which come first on "sbt"(the first channel to air it), dragon ball z come later on "extincted manchete(currently dead channel).
Old 2017-12-26, 18:49   Link #5082
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

In my country the manga wasn't translated until the late 2000s. Even though Spain's manga volumes also appeared here, the decay of my country's economy made getting the books really expensive. The Dragon Ball tv series aired after Z though. Also, just like your avi, the only manga that I managed to fully collect was Kenshin.
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-26, 19:45   Link #5083
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
In my country the manga wasn't translated until the late 2000s. Even though Spain's manga volumes also appeared here, the decay of my country's economy made getting the books really expensive. The Dragon Ball tv series aired after Z though. Also, just like your avi, the only manga that I managed to fully collect was Kenshin.
hmm you could find the manga translated here but at very. very rare rate and was very expensive and hard to find translated mangas, we had things like dragon ball, ramma 1/2 and few otherss but was really rare to find both translated or no and like you the "real boom" of mangas here only happened after 2000, where a lot of mangas started to get translated. and a lot of animes started to air on tv.

but all started with animes, like fly (i thing was dragon quest), dragon ball, saint seya, zillion and others very old school.
Old 2017-12-27, 08:41   Link #5084
DragonOsman
Dragon King

You can just read the manga on manga-reading sites. Just find one that still has all of the Volumes and chapters.
Old 2017-12-27, 09:34   Link #5085
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
You can just read the manga on manga-reading sites. Just find one that still has all of the Volumes and chapters.
oh yeah, it was more like in the "past" when internet was still growing and manga where still something new to the world, nowadays you can find in internet translations if you can't find to buy it, but in the past was really hard to find and have acess to them, most of the times you could watch first the anime before find out about the "manga" and later novels, but nowadays you can easy find the "source" if it is novels or mangas or even the anime itself and don't need to wait ages until it come to your country proper translated(when it happens).

Dragon ball was one of the first pieces to travel around the world and make japan entertaiment popular around the world, along side series like saint seyia aka knight of zodiac, samurai x, sailor moon, ramma 1/2, sakura cardcaptor(talking about only anime/novel/manga without counting tokusatsus like jaspion, ultraman, change-man, jiraya which also helped a lot to spread japan entertaiment).
Old 2017-12-27, 10:03   Link #5086
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, back then it must've been hard to get your hands on manga due to the Internet still growing, but I'm talking about nowadays. If there's someone new to the franchise now who wants to get into the series, they can easily read the Dragonball manga first. If they want to (and IMO they should).
Old 2017-12-27, 10:07   Link #5087
Hakai

Spoilers for ep 123-125.

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/statu...581964805?s=17

Spoiler:

January is going to be epic.
Old 2017-12-27, 10:47   Link #5088
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

now that interesting, Jiren continue power up and Toppo still hiding his true power??????
Old 2017-12-27, 10:49   Link #5089
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So we are reaching 7 minutes. Wonder if this arc will end before Spring
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-27, 11:56   Link #5090
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

You guys need to know that soon we will have legendary 5 minutes, just two more ep
Old 2017-12-27, 14:55   Link #5091
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

This is getting out of hand . I mean Toppo is now God of Destruction level and Jiren is still not serious . It might become a UI parade or all out Goku fight or U7 is going to be saved by the numbers
Old 2017-12-27, 15:14   Link #5092
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietthai96 View Post
now that interesting, Jiren continue power up and Toppo still hiding his true power??????
And Dyspo too?
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-27, 18:26   Link #5093
DragonOsman
Dragon King

We already knew Jiren is supposed to be stronger than the God of Destruction of the 11th Universe. Now if Toppo is on the level of a God of Destruction, that means Goku and Vegeta have to reach that level somehow and then surpass it. Or they won't be able to do anything to Jiren. I think Goku needs to master Ultra Instinct, the offensive part included, before he fights Jiren after Episode 125. I'm still hoping for Super Saiya-jin Blue combined with Ultra Instinct.
Old 2017-12-27, 19:03   Link #5094
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The summaries are interesting. People are already writing off Vegeta getting UI based on them, but I think it's still possible he'll get it in episode 123 and the title could therefore refer to both him and Goku activating UI. It would explain how he's still able to keep fighting despite using all of his power and being severely wounded after his initial fight with Jiren.
Old 2017-12-27, 19:07   Link #5095
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, it's possible. I think he should get it since he and Vegeta both heard about the whole "letting the body move independently of the mind" thing from Whis at the same time. And we now know that he meant Ultra Instinct. It's only right that get Ultra Instinct too.
Old 2017-12-27, 19:15   Link #5096
GDB

Quote:
@AP24: I think Gohan in "Mystic" form is around Blue level. He seemed to be about on par with Blue Goku without Kaioken when they sparred before the Tournament of Power began.
Remember when everyone was saying Goku was holding back against EVERYONE during the prep? Can't just come out now and use it as a measure of someone being equal to Goku.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
And Dyspo too?
Yeah, apparently this random guy who hasn't shown to be really all that impressive is able to give Golden Frieza (I assume Golden, at least) a hard time. The one who technically is stronger than SSJB.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-27, 19:33   Link #5097
DragonOsman
Dragon King

When did we say Goku was holding back against everyone that time? I'm pretty sure he and 17 were both holding back when they sparred, though.

I do agree with you Dyspo. How is he suddenly on par with Frieza and even needing Frieza and Gohan teaming up to deal with him?

By the way, is the reason Gohan isn't turning SSJ anymore because doesn't want to? Or is it because he can't do that now that he has Mystic back?
Old 2017-12-27, 20:18   Link #5098
Alhazad2003

Quote:

I do agree with you Dyspo. How is he suddenly on par with Frieza and even needing Frieza and Gohan teaming up to deal with him?

By the way, is the reason Gohan isn't turning SSJ anymore because doesn't want to? Or is it because he can't do that now that he has Mystic back?
It could be a ruse on Frieza's part to "eliminate the competition," ie luring Gohan in so he can eliminate him and Dyspo in one swift stroke. Considering how little Frieza has done, I daresay he'll be enacting whatever plan he has in mind, and soon.

When he fought against Goku earlier, he said he didn't want to go down the same path of power Goku did ie find another way to obtain the strength he desires. That way, people can't say he's a clone of Goku, if that was Toriyama's intent for him then I applaud.

And did I read that spoiler right? Jiren is getting stronger? Oh boy, looks like Goku definitely has his work cut out for him. And with seven episodes left before the tournament ends he doesn't have much time. Can't wait to see how this arc comes to an end.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-27, 20:26   Link #5099
GDB

Quote:
When did we say Goku was holding back against everyone that time? I'm pretty sure he and 17 were both holding back when they sparred, though.
Pretty much everyone was saying that to try to calm down those who were pissed at these randoms who could seemingly go toe-to-toe with SSJB Goku.

Quote:
Mystic erases the need to go SSJ. Going SSJ when he has access to Mystic only drains his stamina for no power gain.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-27, 22:10   Link #5100
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

It will turn out Goku Mastered UI vs the whole U11 . Well cast the joke aside, if the elimination order ties with the character holding number of dragon ball in the OP is true so Goku(obviously), Gohan and Vegeta will remain while Frieza and 17 will drop out, that mean Gohan need to surpass his limit to fight Dyspo, Vegeta surpass his limit to fight GoD Toppo and Goku mastering UI to fight Jiren

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy