Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-12, 00:18   Link #5661
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Wow did Brett Favre just throw that pass...
I don't get the reference. I'll say this: if you assess each activation, you can only come up with one conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLum View Post
The Guren was shown to be mind bogglingly faster than all the other KMFs, he wouldn't have escaped and the bomb would've been used anyway.
Only if he gave up. If she had fried him at long range he wouldn't have done a thing.
Old 2008-08-12, 00:22   Link #5662
Sports72Xtrm

Lol I'd like to see anyone in Suzaku's situation and see if they'd be able to not give up the will to live.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 00:22   Link #5663
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
I don't get the reference. I'll say this: if you assess each activation, you can only come up with one conclusion.

Only if he gave up. If she had fried him at long range he wouldn't have done a thing.
WHAT? You're telling me his "live geass" wouldn't activate because of a long range attack? Sorry you have lost all credibility in this argument.
sLum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 00:24   Link #5664
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
WHAT? You're telling me his "live geass" wouldn't activate because of a long range attack? Sorry you have lost all credibility in this argument.
No, I'm saying that if she had hit him with a long range attack, he wouldn't have been able to launch it. It assumes he couldn't dodge. He was able to dodge the short-range attack and didn't, which is why it activated.
Old 2008-08-12, 00:24   Link #5665
Micante

Quote:

Yes... because we all know that the Avalon's Hadron Cannon from when the order was first put on him was totally a melee attack.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 00:24   Link #5666
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
I don't get the reference.
@morbofist - LOL you're lucky you edited your quote I was gonna get you with that one!

Basically you passed on explaining your point because I suspect you can't back it up...In any event I'm out for today...I was suppose to do alot of $hit before I went to bed and I got caught up with your gravediggin once again...I'm sure I'll be back for more...
Old 2008-08-12, 00:28   Link #5667
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPhenemenom View Post
Yes... because we all know that the Avalon's Hadron Cannon from when the order was first put on him was totally a melee attack.
Clarified in the post above yours.
Old 2008-08-12, 00:29   Link #5668
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
Clarified in the post above yours.
No you didn't.
Old 2008-08-12, 00:29   Link #5669
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

This is too fun to read at night.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 00:31   Link #5670
Micante

Quote:
No, I'm saying that if she had hit him with a long range attack, he wouldn't have been able to launch it. It assumes he couldn't dodge. He was able to dodge the short-range attack and didn't, which is why it activated.
Wait... this part really doesn't make sense for me. What didn't?
Old 2008-08-12, 00:33   Link #5671
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
No you didn't.
Sigh, fine. If she hit him with the attack, his mech would be vaped. No bomb going off, since the electronics would be fried. If he saw the attack coming and chose not to dodge, his Geass would activate and it would be fired. The close range attack takes time to hit, so he had time to choose not to dodge. The long range attack is much faster, so if she fired it he would either have to dodge of his own will or just get hit.

Quote:
Wait... this part really doesn't make sense for me. What didn't?
Suzaku didn't dodge when he could have.
Old 2008-08-12, 00:36   Link #5672
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
Sigh, fine. If she hit him with the attack, his mech would be vaped. No bomb going off, since the electronics would be fried. If he saw the attack coming and chose not to dodge, his Geass would activate and it would be fired. The close range attack takes time to hit, so he had time to choose not to dodge. The long range attack is much faster, so if she fired it he would either have to dodge of his own will or just get hit.
Dude just give up. You've lost this argument so badly.
Old 2008-08-12, 00:36   Link #5673
Micante

Quote:
Suzaku didn't dodge when he could have.
What exactly prevents him from not dodging a long range attack when he could have, then?
Old 2008-08-12, 00:37   Link #5674
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Dude just give up. You've lost this argument so badly.
Maybe when I feel like sleeping.
Old 2008-08-12, 00:38   Link #5675
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
The Guren was shown to be mind bogglingly faster than all the other KMFs, he wouldn't have escaped and the bomb would've been used anyway.
The point is not whether he would have escaped or not but rather that he gave up and resigned himself to his fate and that is what activated his geass rather then looming danger.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 00:40   Link #5676
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
The point is not whether he would have escaped or not but rather that he gave up and resigned himself to his fate and that is what activated his geass rather then looming danger.
What could he have done? Waited until the Gurren Ripped off his flightpack until he was actually defenseless? Sooner or later, Gurren would have been able to go for the complete kill and he would have fired FLEIA.
Old 2008-08-12, 00:40   Link #5677
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
So it was his will's fault. He should really have been exercising that will muscle? What if that's just the way he is?
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 00:42   Link #5678
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
What exactly prevents him from not dodging a long range attack when he could have, then?
I've sort of lost track with all the posting, but I'll try. The long-range attack is almost instant hit. So assuming Kallen were to use it, he wouldn't have the time to think about letting it hit him. He would either manage to dodge or get struck.
Old 2008-08-12, 00:46   Link #5679
Micante

Quote:
I've sort of lost track with all the posting, but I'll try. The long-range attack is almost instant hit. So assuming Kallen were to use it, he wouldn't have the time to think about letting it hit him. He would either manage to dodge or get struck.
Actually, I've always thought melee attacks generally hit faster than long range attacks. Considering the fact that Gurren has always specialized in melee, I doubt its long range attacks would be faster.

Suzaku managed to the bullets of an automated machine gun. Gurren can turn into a beam and wipe out all of the Valkyrie Squad at once. What kind of long range attack could possibly be faster than that?

Alright, assuming that a long-range attack was fast enough to hit him. That would make everything Kallen's fault for trying to go melee, wouldn't it?
Old 2008-08-12, 00:48   Link #5680
Vakir

Quote:
Comparing a matter of life and death to time doesn't quite work. The Geass command would activate at 12:30 to make the person have lunch, or before if they tried to do it earlier. Once lunch was eaten, the condition would be filled. Since Suzaku's Geass isn't active constantly, this analogy doesn't work.
The analogy works because it demonstrates choice. Let's say you WANTED to eat at 12:30 but an emergency meeting came up so you couldn't. But you really wanted to. Then the Geass is placed on you to make you eat at 12:30. It has nothing to do with whether you wanted to or not: Geass is Geass. Just because you wanted to but decided not to doesn't change it made you do it anyway.

Geass is always constant. Just because his eyes aren't glowing red doesn't mean it isn't there. It's still ingrained in his coding, pun unintended.

The order is "live," not "carry on the will to live." Losing the will to live doesn't mean he's going to die necessarily. Plenty of suicidal people lose that will but fail to kill themselves successfully. Losing the will to live doesn't active a command to live because it isn't technically a danger to your life in general. Losing the will to live followed by a knife to your jugular is a different story. That's why it has nothing to do with his will, it has everything to do with the situation he's in.

Unless the translation is "carry on the will to live," which it isn't, there's no reason to take your interpretation. Someone's will isn't someone's existence. He's technically alive, so it doesn't activate it. When he's about to not be alive anymore, it takes effect.

Quote:
Geass commands are conditional. They're not constantly activated unless the condition requires it.
Dying is the condition here. Not WANTING to die or accepting death: dying. "Live." The absence of living is dying. "Live" command activates because there is a means of living: Fleija.

Q E fucking D.

Quote:
This is a mostly situational thing. Luciano was completely unprepared for his quick death, so he denied it. Suzaku got some context and a small amount of time to think, so he had time to accept it. he didn't have to, but he's prone to.
He didn't have to, but 95% of anyone would. Dying's a funny thing, see. You can't ask anyone what their thoughts were before it happened to them because they AREN'T AROUND. One would suspect that not everyone is Rambo, ergo not everyone is going to go out with fireworks. Some people need to be at peace, some that aren't suicidal even choose to accept their deaths long before their bell tolls.

Quote:
I'm only saying it's his fault for forgetting such an important detail in light of what he was carrying on his back.
We already covered why he carried it on his back. It was a burden he had to bear to make sure no one else would use it, and he made a mistake in thinking he could use it as a bargain in a deterrent form of warfare.

Rest assured had he not taken it, the collateral would've been all the same if not worse. To not actually utilize it would be treason. You can argue we don't know for sure how the Britannian command would react, but Schneizel's too smart for that shit and he wouldn't take it: he'd make them use it, or someone else would. Suzaku carried it because he had the will to not fire and held it until the end, and that will was tragically stolen from him.
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote