AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-12-19, 05:48   Link #5861
Fairy Water

Still, I don't really get the final part of this chapter

Raku thinks he likes her because he was moved how Chitoge bought the right drink to him?
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 05:55   Link #5862
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
Siriusly noone liked the development? I don't understand you guys, you rant about how many chapters go on without anything happening but the moment the story starts going forward very few people seem to like it...

It seems rushed? Yes, specially with the pace we are used to in Nisekoi, and I wouldn't discard the series being axed (though I think they would have anounced the beginning of the "final arc" to improve the sales)

But the thing it bothers me a little, is how fast Raku is able to put Onodera (his until now ultimate crush) in the same place he has for Marika and Yui... I understand that he didn't know he loved Chitoge all along but how is that he doesn't even bat an eyelid to discard his crush? I expected at least a little more internal conflict (and him facing Onodera with some doubts yet)
The problem isnt the development itself the problem is that as you said even for nisekoi that was heavily rushed and felt incredibly contrived. Fairy water said it best he realizes he loves Chitoge because he's on a Soda Phase and he hands her a drink that by the way isnt actually soda its cider. It makes zero sense. If the development was reasonable i would've said congrats Chitoge fans you win but that just felt like okay i need to end this so lets fast track this a little bit. The juxtaposition with the fact that 2 pages before he had no idea how he felt makes it even more contrived

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 05:56   Link #5863
Sixth
Hu Tao

The comments that I read from the online manga reader sites about this chapter were truly priceless and lolworthy. So many salts were found at those sections.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 06:12   Link #5864
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Siriusly noone liked the development? I don't understand you guys, you rant about how many chapters go on without anything happening but the moment the story starts going forward very few people seem to like it...

It seems rushed? Yes, specially with the pace we are used to in Nisekoi, and I wouldn't discard the series being axed (though I think they would have anounced the beginning of the "final arc" to improve the sales)

But the thing it bothers me a little, is how fast Raku is able to put Onodera (his until now ultimate crush) in the same place he has for Marika and Yui... I understand that he didn't know he loved Chitoge all along but how is that he doesn't even bat an eyelid to discard his crush? I expected at least a little more internal conflict (and him facing Onodera with some doubts yet)
You know, maybe this Onodera feelings were never that deep in the first place. Just a crush from a stupid guy who didn't know better what love is.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 06:45   Link #5865
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
You know, maybe this Onodera feelings were never that deep in the first place. Just a crush from a stupid guy who didn't know better what love is.
I agree. Since the beginning I thought this precisely. His feelings for Onodera are no more than a child's first crush, but we didn't get to see him realising it. He just loves Chitoge and then suddenly Onodera is teamed with the others. Not that I'm going to complain as a Chitoge fan, but that is the only thing of the chapter I didn't like so much
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 06:46   Link #5866
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

the ending is near.... the harem route has been closed
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 06:52   Link #5867
Hakai

Quote:
Unlike being with Onodera, Tachibana or Yui-nee
Onodera just got side character zoned

And holy shit Komi, you trying to kill me with a heart attack!
Chapter was absurdly cute in every possible way, even before Raku's realization
Little by little huh, I liked how he worded it

As a Chitogefag, I'm far from assured of 'victory'
Before the chapter I was about 80% Chitoge and 20% Onodera and it's still about the the same

I won't believe in Komi until I read the last panel of this manga
Old 2015-12-19, 06:54   Link #5868
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
I agree. Since the beginning I thought this precisely. His feelings for Onodera are no more than a child's first crush, but we didn't get to see him realising it. He just loves Chitoge and then suddenly Onodera is teamed with the others. Not that I'm going to complain as a Chitoge fan, but that is the only thing of the chapter I didn't like so much
Well, it's Nisekoi and considering the last 150 chapters, expecting reasonable storytelling is a bit too naive.
Old 2015-12-19, 08:16   Link #5869
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
That picture was hnnnngghh.

I was always on their ship, comrade, been so the moment Chitoge realizes her feelings, and when Raku keeps flailing about with his own feelings for her. A shame we aren't on this ship together, though.

With that said, I anticipate these following plot points to be invoked:

- AFter this chapter, Onodera sweetly makes her move. Raku is heavy-hearted, because his feelings have now changed.
-Raku leans towards Onodera, as he believes Chitoge loves someone else, and denies his own love, believing Chitoge is happier without him.
- Chitoge is devastated as she sees them together, and assumes she lost.
- Epic Komi-esque drama ensues, where all three are in pain.
- Something happens, and Raku chases after Chitoge and confesses.
- In other words, think White Album 3: Nisekoi.

I'm ready, Komi.
Well, to each his own, then.

I agree. It'll take something drastic (like her suddenly having to depart for the States) for Raku to finally confess to her.

We'll probably see the usual humming and hawing from both parties, knowing Komi.

That said, I guess the issue of the locket, key, and princess is irrelevant now, even if turns out to be Kosaki, all these while.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 08:37   Link #5870
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY.Gangnam View Post
Well, to each his own, then.

I agree. It'll take something drastic (like her suddenly having to depart for the States) for Raku to finally confess to her.

We'll probably see the usual humming and hawing from both parties, knowing Komi.

That said, I guess the issue of the locket, key, and princess is irrelevant now, even if turns out to be Kosaki, all these while.
Didnt we have that already with no confessions

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 09:22   Link #5871
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Didnt we have that already with no confessions
What do you mean?

Raku has to take the bull by the horns and confess - no question about it.
Old 2015-12-19, 09:27   Link #5872
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

^
Some people aren't willing to wait until the end to hear that from Raku.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 09:40   Link #5873
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
^
Some people aren't willing to wait until the end to hear that from Raku.
So you expect Chitoge to be the one to that, instead?
Old 2015-12-19, 09:43   Link #5874
Fairy Water

Quote:
lol same shit with all triangle love

Idk how was it in real life but if a guy can easily moved for a girl he just meet in months and thinks all the years he spent with the other girl is just a joke then he is simply an asshole

With that, Chitoge can go on get herself that asshole while I'm fine as long as Onodera is still safe
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 09:53   Link #5875
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
all the years he spent with the other girl is just a joke then he is simply an asshole
Haven't read Nisekoi for well over a year now, but it was mentioned in the anime, they became classmates in the second year of middle school. They didn't start talking to each other until the third year and even then it wasn't really much. Both of them had no meaningful interaction until it was time to choose which high school they are going to. It can be said without hyperbole that Raku in that year and a half or whatever it is now has interacted far more often with Chitoge than with Onodera in those three and a half years combined.
Old 2015-12-19, 10:39   Link #5876
Ulin

^This

The "love" for Onodera is just ridiculous... they have really talked like two times and a half before the start of the series and we see more or less all the interactions they have afterwards. With Chitoge we don't see half of it. Many times we are told by both of them that they spend almost all their free time together (all the time in that two years we don't see because there is nothing important going on)

Quote:
Idk how was it in real life but if a guy can easily moved for a girl he just meet in months and thinks all the years he spent with the other girl is just a joke then he is simply an asshole
So he has known Onodera like two years before Chitoge, but they really are friends like five minutes before... I don't really remember but when I was a teenager people changed crushes easier than Raku, even when they went out with some boy/girl
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 16:56   Link #5877
Shlugo

After 199 chapters Raku finally realizes that he loves Chitoge. It took a long time for it to get through his skull but it finally happened!

It was such well put together chapter too, super cute even before the final page and it showed not only Raku realizing his feelings but also shows quite well just why the relationship works and how it developed over time. Brilliant stuff.

Heck, I'm actually surprised of how complete victory for Chitoge this is. I was expecting Raku to pull out some weak shit like "Oh noes it turns out I love both of them, woe is me!", but nope that idea is shot down completely with Raku making it clear that he only loves Chitoge. Good job Raku.

This was the development we all knew was coming since chapter one but were afraid well die of old age before it comes. It so satisfying for it to finally happen.
Shlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 17:55   Link #5878
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
lol same shit with all triangle love

With that, Chitoge can go on get herself that asshole while I'm fine as long as Onodera is still safe
What did he really knew about Onodera except that she is cute before he met Chitoge? The truth is that this guy never even really tried to get closer to Onodera. She was just his crush with an extreme weak fundation.

I mean with Chitoge he has gone trough thick and thin, through ups and downs since he got to know her and be with her in this "fake relationship". What did he do with Onodera beside the usual "too shy to say or try anything meaningfull"? The answer is nothing.

I know some people don't want to hear it, but since the beginning Onoderas role was that of the third wheel who is supposed to be just the hindrance for the main couple so they don't get too soon together. Onodera and Rakus crush on her was basically just that and nothing deeper.
Old 2015-12-19, 19:35   Link #5879
Golden_Witch

Meanwhile, at Festa.

Spoiler for Super Raku Bowl:
Golden_Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 19:48   Link #5880
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Witch View Post
Meanwhile, at Festa.

Spoiler for Super Raku Bowl:
Cool.

A pity I wasn't there.

I may attend future Festa(s) if I have the time.

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life