Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-01-08, 18:14   Link #41
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroyanagi View Post
As far as I am oriented, it never existed and instead this whole setting is an amalgam of elements that were popular in the male-oriented light novel/narou-sphere in the early '10s (magical school + sucked into a game + "oh-ho-ho-ho" ojousama) that just sort of stuck and evolved into its own thing.
The ohohohojou thing was around long before the '10s, Nanami Kiryuu from Revolutionary Girl Utena was likable (ish) back in the '90s.

There's definitely a lot of magical HS tropes as well as shoujo tropes in general.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-08, 19:52   Link #42
Frontier

Wouldn't it be funny if all these LN and anime's lead to developers actually making Otome games more like what's depicted here ?
Old 2023-01-08, 20:11   Link #43
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
Maybe the Angelique series is the closest thing. It importantly isn't a visual novel or dating sim, it is a hardcore strategy game.

Unless my own research is wrong, the Villainess genre invented its own setting and tropes to parody.
I see some if the trope came from Harukanaru series.
Consider that is the iconic otome isekai series that was very popular during 2000s.
There is some element of female rival and marry into nobility thing as well. But then, those trope are not the same as the ones Narou fandom are playing with.
I personally see those villainess series as an alternate form of banishment stories.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-12, 23:06   Link #44
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

When is the next episode?
Old 2023-01-13, 03:35   Link #45
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
When is the next episode?
It is today/tonight.
Old 2023-01-13, 16:53   Link #46
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

After this series I don't know if I'll ever be able to enjoy tsun de rais characters without a broadcast booth.
Old 2023-01-13, 16:55   Link #47
Alchemist007
*Author

Couple more characters introduced, and Tsunlise being a tsun stalker.
Old 2023-01-13, 19:15   Link #48
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Liese is the tsundere to end all tsundere. She's so tsun she comes across as an outright villain and this even gets her killed. And her dere is so powerful it can melt anyone's heart.

I'm a bit confused about what Endo and Kobyashi's blessings did exactly. Just allow them to get Liese and Baldur's POVs? And they did end up outright giving advice to Sieg anyway.

That reverse harem end sounds pretty good, but they're shooting for a more traditional one. I have no clue how Fienne got to level 99 without them noticing. Might have to do with that mystery guy at the end of the first episode who didn't show up in this one.
Old 2023-01-13, 19:38   Link #49
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This was great. Fiene was all kinds of awesome here. An absolute badass. I was wondering if she'd slide to the background a lot or not quite reach her real potential with the focus being on Lieselotte and just keeping people alive. But wow. Her stats are already maxed right out and she's absolutely aggressive on the attack. Even showing a pretty brutal backstory with her arm getting chopped off and she just stuck it back on before beating her attackers!

And Lieselotte remains an utterly entertaining tsundere. She's utterly doomed in the best of ways. Since the commentary can help cut through her extreme tsun and give insight into her intentions. Which is good since some moments would be pretty easy to misinterpret.

Is this somehow a NG+ run? It is strange how Fiene is utterly maxed at this stage. Of course also seems probable that this Artur guy is either controlled by the mysterious man we saw earlier or somehow is actually that guy. Since he was pretty aggressive and felt off. If he had information about Fiene that was current then he should have known that things were actually going fine between Sieg and Lieselotte. And if he didn't then he shouldn't have information that sounds like how things should be if the game was proceeding normally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Liese is the tsundere to end all tsundere. She's so tsun she comes across as an outright villain and this even gets her killed. And her dere is so powerful it can melt anyone's heart.

I'm a bit confused about what Endo and Kobyashi's blessings did exactly. Just allow them to get Liese and Baldur's POVs? And they did end up outright giving advice to Sieg anyway.

That reverse harem end sounds pretty good, but they're shooting for a more traditional one. I have no clue how Fienne got to level 99 without them noticing. Might have to do with that mystery guy at the end of the first episode who didn't show up in this one.
There might be some stat boost, but I presume the blessing did just give them the ability to swap perspectives between Fiene, Liselotte, and Baldur. That's still fairly useful. Even if they can (I presume) only talk to Sieg, it lets them keep talking to Sieg even if Fiene happens to leave the room. The Baldur one doesn't seem that useful at this point. But it wasn't done for any tactical reason and was more out of Endo empathizing with him.
Old 2023-01-13, 20:21   Link #50
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
There might be some stat boost, but I presume the blessing did just give them the ability to swap perspectives between Fiene, Liselotte, and Baldur. That's still fairly useful. Even if they can (I presume) only talk to Sieg, it lets them keep talking to Sieg even if Fiene happens to leave the room. The Baldur one doesn't seem that useful at this point. But it wasn't done for any tactical reason and was more out of Endo empathizing with him.
Endo also said it was because Baldur is the 2nd most likely to die after Lieselotte. It's basically to keep an eye on him when he's away from everyone else. The two want him to survive since he's doomed to be a noble sacrifice trope otherwise.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-13, 20:48   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
Endo also said it was because Baldur is the 2nd most likely to die after Lieselotte. It's basically to keep an eye on him when he's away from everyone else. The two want him to survive since he's doomed to be a noble sacrifice trope otherwise.
I still feel like that was a gut move almost entirely decided based on empathy. There seems no tactical use in following his perspective. He is likely to die, but that's mostly about his self-sacrificing nature. He's not at risk of dying offscreen and they don't seem interested in changing him in that sense. If they save Liselotte then he should easily be saved as a consequence of that.

Heck, they might have actually put him in more danger because of that. It set off the loyalty to the crown side of him and might make him think sacrificing himself is what the Gods want from him.
Old 2023-01-13, 22:17   Link #52
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
I still feel like that was a gut move almost entirely decided based on empathy. There seems no tactical use in following his perspective. He is likely to die, but that's mostly about his self-sacrificing nature. He's not at risk of dying offscreen and they don't seem interested in changing him in that sense. If they save Liselotte then he should easily be saved as a consequence of that.
It was definitely sort of impulsive on Endo's part but they started with the intention of playing Sieg's route and I think part of it was (verbally) nudging things with Fiene onto a different track. It's also one of those things that should be kind of obvious will increase in importance down the road.
Old 2023-01-14, 00:17   Link #53
Frontier

Not a bad way to spend a day off than visiting the home of the girl you like, meeting her hottie of a big sister, and getting to see her looking super cute in casual clothes while you chill out and game together to save a tsundere and her cousin! Things are looking up for Endo-kun !

Why does this game have it out for the Riefenstahl family!? I mean, Lieselotte is one thing but her cousin bites it as much as she does out of love for Fiene? That’s pretty rough. The only “happy ending” for everybody is the reverse Harem (or Bakarina) route, but Endo points out how impractical and problematic it is .

I love how Endo and Kobayashi’s advice is making Sieg come off more like a chad when it comes to dealing with Liese. All the better for making our Tsundere lead blush like a tomato !

The Gods have spoken! Lieselotte and Baldur have received the favor of the guards and must have their happy ending with the one they love! Although it was kind of funny how people were less surprised about Lieselotte being chosen as they were her cousin. Even Baldur seemed confused why he was suddenly a major character .

Is Endo planning to ask Kobayashi out for Koshien? The way Kobayashi looks when she sees him off, I think she’d definitely say yes…

Artur finally joins the plot! Although he seems confused as to how much the game plot has diverged from the normal route. Sieg and Liese are becoming a rock solid couple and Sieg won’t stand any doubt on their relationship, and Fiene has become a cute powerhouse who can fell two men in quick succession. She’s so hardcore that she can reattach her own arm and then chase after the guys who sliced it off !!!

Lieselotte is a hardcore tsundere, but she’s hopelessly in love and far kinder than she lets on, and with the help of the Gods, Siegwald is finally realizing just how cute she is and is falling more and more for her. Truly the power of the Tsun De Rais !
Old 2023-01-14, 01:35   Link #54
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Not a bad way to spend a day off than visiting the home of the girl you like, meeting her hottie of a big sister, and getting to see her looking super cute in casual clothes while you chill out and game together to save a tsundere and her cousin! Things are looking up for Endo-kun !

Why does this game have it out for the Riefenstahl family!? I mean, Lieselotte is one thing but her cousin bites it as much as she does out of love for Fiene? That’s pretty rough. The only “happy ending” for everybody is the reverse Harem (or Bakarina) route, but Endo points out how impractical and problematic it is .

I love how Endo and Kobayashi’s advice is making Sieg come off more like a chad when it comes to dealing with Liese. All the better for making our Tsundere lead blush like a tomato !

The Gods have spoken! Lieselotte and Baldur have received the favor of the guards and must have their happy ending with the one they love! Although it was kind of funny how people were less surprised about Lieselotte being chosen as they were her cousin. Even Baldur seemed confused why he was suddenly a major character .

Is Endo planning to ask Kobayashi out for Koshien? The way Kobayashi looks when she sees him off, I think she’d definitely say yes…

Artur finally joins the plot! Although he seems confused as to how much the game plot has diverged from the normal route. Sieg and Liese are becoming a rock solid couple and Sieg won’t stand any doubt on their relationship, and Fiene has become a cute powerhouse who can fell two men in quick succession. She’s so hardcore that she can reattach her own arm and then chase after the guys who sliced it off !!!

Lieselotte is a hardcore tsundere, but she’s hopelessly in love and far kinder than she lets on, and with the help of the Gods, Siegwald is finally realizing just how cute she is and is falling more and more for her. Truly the power of the Tsun De Rais !
There must be some serious issues within that family line for both cousins to be in such danger most of the time . I'd ask what the writers of the story had against them...but who knows. This kind of thing can go in any given direction. Is this some magical video game or is it connected to an actual other world and the writers just kind of dreamed the normal script to the game?

Endo probably has a point that the reverse harem has all sorts of issues and would be a bloody mess right after the final credits roll. Although I suppose there are proponents to harem endings that would disagree with him on that one . But I think the three clear ships are a nice way to tackle things. Rock solid relationship with Sieg and Liese, Fiene and Bal, with of course Endo and Kobayashi having a happy ending also.

Sieg comes out looking so damn good in all this. Divine advice is just giving him constant wins that he wouldn't think about doing on his own. Of course it's a win overall since it'll leave the main girl much happier.

Interesting thoughts on Koshien. Honestly I thought that was more a hint as to his own troubled past. Like he was on a baseball team, things went pretty badly (maybe an injury) and thus his depressed self eventually ended up in the broadcast club. Just got that feeling from it. I suppose that look in his face didn't say anything specific. But the tone and the guy running past him just made me think that. Be a much happier conclusion if he was thinking about asking Kobayashi out though .

I really didn't expect Fiene to be that hardcore though. That takes some guts beyond measure. Those guys deserve nothing less than horrible deaths. But no surprise they'd run like chickens after seeing a girl re-attach her own arm and come chasing after them!
Old 2023-01-14, 03:13   Link #55
Marina2

Fiene's status being maxed out without Endo and Kobayashi knowing about it seems like a hint that someone else has been controlling her character (probably that actor guy in ep.1)

Still, that mean the actor and Endo and Kobayashi somehow share the same save file and never played at the same time (or maybe he played when Endo and Kobayashi switch to Liese POV??)
Old 2023-01-14, 05:06   Link #56
ryllharu

Quote:
Interesting thoughts on Koshien. Honestly I thought that was more a hint as to his own troubled past. Like he was on a baseball team, things went pretty badly (maybe an injury) and thus his depressed self eventually ended up in the broadcast club. Just got that feeling from it. I suppose that look in his face didn't say anything specific. But the tone and the guy running past him just made me think that. Be a much happier conclusion if he was thinking about asking Kobayashi out though .
There's evidence to back up that feeling of yours. In the first episode, the other members of the broadcast club pretty much spelled it out. Kobayashi "saved" Endo by dragging him into the Broadcast club. It was also halfway through the year, so the timing of exactly what happened to him couldn't possibly have been worse.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-15, 15:37   Link #57
kuroyanagi

I hollered at my TV when that story of how Fiene GOT HER ARM CUT OFF once upon a time came up. Evidently it's Fist of the North Star territory once you step out of the school

Will keep watching for my weekly dose of Hanakana screaming "xx kitaaaAAA!!!"
Old 2023-01-15, 15:46   Link #58
Magewolf

It does seem like Fiene had already studied as a Muscle Wizard (casting fist) before coming to school.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-15, 23:57   Link #59
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Fiene was a commoner before entering this academy. Added that she was somehow attacked by people before(and showing how she can attach her severed limb), she must have had a rough life before school. Maybe that's how she maxed her stats? The rough life made her grind her parameters. There's definitely more to it than that I suppose. Like why on this save file and not any other ones.
This also begs the question if she will accept Baldur's protection since she's stronger than him. Given the cousins' loyalty to the prince, he may be stubborn to stick to her as ordered and may cause friction?

Lieselotte is just so freaking adorable. Nuff said.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-16, 01:29   Link #60
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Why does this game have it out for the Riefenstahl family!?
Maybe because of the name?