AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2022-08-19, 13:08   Link #41
Homura7

The Strawhats will take the long route, so we can be sure Yamato will take the short route and thus eventually catch up to them.

We do know she's gonna join the crew, she said it so herself. Afterall, Oden tore off all information concerning Laugh Tale that was written in the journal that is now in Yamato's possession.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-19, 13:26   Link #42
Gerard07

Seen the chapter, Yamato will travel through Wano, Kid provoked Luffy and Law and Wano became the first place officially protected by Mugiwara and the Wano arc is closed (for now), wait for the next chapter.
By the way, what happened to the Big Mon team after Marco threw his boat into the waterfall? Did they return to their territory without looking for their mother/captain or maybe we will see them again soon?.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-19, 17:48   Link #43
Homura7

Kidd just baited a Yonkou into taking the more dangerous route, lmao.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-20, 17:01   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
Kidd just baited a Yonkou into taking the more dangerous route, lmao.
Yonkou or not, Luffy will always be Luffy. A really big competitive idiot with a heart of gold. I was more surprised Law also took the bait, I guess Luffy has rubbed off on him a bit.
Old 2022-08-20, 22:52   Link #45
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Hi. I haven't been here for a little while, heh. It's amazing and gladdening this awesome forum is still around. I hope places like this will never entirely cease to exist on the internet.

Anyway, regarding this chapter, I'm a little disappointed personally that Yamato chose to stay behind it. It's a shame. The crew could have really benefitted from another female character, but it is what it is. I'm sure we'll see her again.

One thought I had during the comedic Law-Kidd-Luffy moment was that this type of scenario is emblematic of the type of reckless behavior that caused the crew a lot of grief in the past, particularly regarding the Going Merry. But then again, the situation's a bit different this time around with Franky as a crewmember who's able to take good care of the Sunny.

I thought the play throughout the chapter was a fitting way to end the arc. But it is just a little soured by the general feeling of the heightened pace of the manga these days and the fear of a rushed conclusion. I hope Oda knows what he's doing.
Old 2022-08-22, 07:15   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The official translation went for something less controversial for the line. Apparently the Japanese themselves are pretty divided over it, you can easily interpret the line how you want.

Re-reading the chapter, I noticed this isn't a play at all, but just the teacher recounting the tale Rakugo-style, hence the punchline at the end. Hiyori can be seen playing the shamisen for his performance (dressed as Hiyori).
Old 2022-08-23, 16:08   Link #47
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Except Yamato had been expressing her desire to join and go out to sea immediately until now. She always talked about leaving Wano, never once about traveling the country. When she talked about Oden, it was always about his adventures at sea or his glorious death.
>Oda literally writes her fruit as the guardian of wano

>Oda goes out of his way to not include her with the crew, and even Jinbei points out her joining isn’t a thing until Luffy says so

>Oda writes in scenes of Wano getting attacked and them saying the enemy was correct about Kaido being the deterrent

>Oda writes in Yamato halfway through the arc as to not have here there (in story) for too long, literally just a few hours from Onigashima

>Oda writes in scenes of her cleaning up the rest of the beast pirates directly after Luffy defeated Kaido

>Oda writes in how Yamato wants to travel Oden’s path, which naturally was the dead giveaway hint in our faces she would explore Wano first

I think people are missing the point. If Yamato is following Oden, naturally she has to explore Wano first, like Oden did in his flashback.

Last edited by Jmariofan7; 2022-08-23 at 16:25.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote