Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-22, 11:23   Link #41
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Official single-player story trailer:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-10-22, 19:32   Link #42
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
All that trailer does is to remind me that I haven't touched a video game in almost three months, since right before I started my job... Ugh...

I have BF4 on pre-order. Probably won't even get to download it for weeks after release. lol

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 17:44   Link #43
Zakoo

BF4 will be on 1080p on PS4 and 720p on XboxOne

I guess that explains why Microsoft imposed a NDA until 12 November.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 19:47   Link #44
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post

I guess that explains why Microsoft imposed a NDA until 12 November.
???? What is NDA, Non-disclosure agreement?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 12:40   Link #45
JagdPanther

BF4 requires 24 GB of space on the hard drive!?

Uh.... this is going to take awhile to download... And I am going to drop my main HD available space by 1/3rd. Might have to uninstall BF3 to gain some space back.

Old 2013-11-02, 13:05   Link #46
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
900P v 720P actually. 1080P is going to be strictly for those with the PC hardware to push it.

There's a few other image quality differences that have been noted between the platforms as well:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...ce-off-preview

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 21:42   Link #47
JagdPanther

My God. Is it really possible that the campaign for BF4 is even worse than the campaign for BF3? WTF is going on!?

Old 2013-11-02, 22:16   Link #48
Skane
Anime Snark

People play BF4 for the single-player?

Narf.
Old 2013-11-03, 01:27   Link #49
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post

Narf.
If you want the P90! Haha, I don't have the patience to get through the campaign though .

Loving BF4 so far. Aside from the terribad visual glitches and audio glitches on certain maps, the game is great! Of course, there are other bugs out there that need to be fixed, but it'll eventually be fixed. This is DICE, it's to be expected just like BF3. Bare with it and enjoy the visuals haha.

SO easy to get points and and I love the weapon customization as well as the battlepack idea. Unlocked the INFV for my LSAT and my goodness, it is WAY too OP. It'll definitely be nerfed just like in BF3, but I'm making use of seeing AND killing snipers miles away with it whilte it lasts haha. Commander mode is pretty fun but it gets boring! I can definitely see myself playing it on a tablet if I had one when I'm at a dealership for 3 hours waiting for my car, but there's no point in playing it at home imo. It's pretty fun though, but it gets boring later on.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 10:24   Link #50
JagdPanther

Quote:

Narf.
I will get to the MP. But good SP experiences are always the first thing I want in any shooter.

SP > MP, to me. Doesn't mean I won't dabble in MP. I have played BF3 MP quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
If you want the P90! Haha, I don't have the patience to get through the campaign though .

Loving BF4 so far. Aside from the terribad visual glitches and audio glitches on certain maps, the game is great! Of course, there are other bugs out there that need to be fixed, but it'll eventually be fixed. This is DICE, it's to be expected just like BF3. Bare with it and enjoy the visuals haha.

SO easy to get points and and I love the weapon customization as well as the battlepack idea. Unlocked the INFV for my LSAT and my goodness, it is WAY too OP. It'll definitely be nerfed just like in BF3, but I'm making use of seeing AND killing snipers miles away with it whilte it lasts haha. Commander mode is pretty fun but it gets boring! I can definitely see myself playing it on a tablet if I had one when I'm at a dealership for 3 hours waiting for my car, but there's no point in playing it at home imo. It's pretty fun though, but it gets boring later on.
I've seen some glitches on SP so far. On one level, a character's face skin glitched and disappeared. On another level, a tank's sound cut out. On another level, an explosion very close to and right in front of me crashed my video drivers (I have a Radeon HD 5850, fyi), but fortunately didn't lock the computer so I just had to exit BF4 and reenter.

I have almost no time to play BF4 for awhile both because of my job and some other things. Hopefully when December rolls around I'll be able to devote a decent amount of time to playing BF4 MP. I probably won't ever be able to get to the level or competeness I did with BF3, unfortunately, so I'll have to prioritize what I want in the level trees. Haven't even looked at them yet so I don't know what I want to unlock.

On a side note... I am stunned by how much the lack of licensed weapon names bothered me. I didn't think I'd care because it's small-change, but it actually is really bothering me that almost every weapon is a generic name even though they are mostly based on real weapons.

Old 2013-11-03, 11:03   Link #51
konart

I was getting tired of Dota, so I decided to check out BF4...

God damn, can't they ever learn on their mistakes and launch a playable game? The current state is around the first beta, not even RC D:

Constant freezes, glitches, servers kicking players due to some error...
Old 2013-11-03, 11:13   Link #52
zibi88

personaly im more suffering from the Nvidia f...d up drivers... I have a gtx460oc and the last stable driver is 314.22 all after that couse freezes (not only in game but in browser... I even had a freeze and auto restart while doing nothing), restarts, blue or black screens... and battlefield loses lots on 314 drivers....so I have the game but playing is just pain in ass becouse of the freezes

generally its allways like whenever I do great in a game I got freeze and wont count this round to stats... but when I cant get the game flow and I get my ass kicked it runs good >_>

nvidia just doesnt care for 400/500 cards owners and focuses on 600/700 ones... so im seriously considering buying readeon card in near future and get rid of all those drivers issues.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 11:42   Link #53
JagdPanther

I did have to update my drivers to play the game. I'm running at fairly high settings and very pleased with how the game looks.

I am a bit worried about venturing into MP, though, because while I've been kicked out from SP only once I am sure I'll get kicked from MP much more when you factor in more explosions and close combat... We'll see.

Old 2013-11-03, 13:42   Link #54
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:

Narf.
I do. I say the story gets a passing grade due to the six-year Russo-American conflict.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 14:14   Link #55
Jaden

I thought the single player is okay for what it is, which is like an interactive graphical spectacle. Same as all previous Battlefield campaigns really.

They really got lazy with the last mission, though. It reuses the aircraft carrier map/assets and is just utterly underwhelming compared to all the other ones. And it has to be played three times to get the unlocks for multiplayer.
Old 2013-11-03, 14:28   Link #56
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I thought the single player is okay for what it is, which is like an interactive graphical spectacle. Same as all previous Battlefield campaigns really.

They really got lazy with the last mission, though. It reuses the aircraft carrier map/assets and is just utterly underwhelming compared to all the other ones. And it has to be played three times to get the unlocks for multiplayer.
You know what is driving me insane? The collectibles and weapons. I cannot find them for the life of me. I think midway through the Old Town mission I have found maybe 3 weapons and 1 collectible through the whole game. I normally am not this bad. In games like Bad Company I was pretty good about finding the gold, for example.

The missions are taking me longer than I expected, so to have to replay the final mission 3 times just for the regular mission unlocks (collectibles and weapons aside) will be really aggravating.

Old 2013-11-03, 16:56   Link #57
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I do. I say the story gets a passing grade due to the six-year Russo-American conflict.
What are your systems specs?
Old 2013-11-03, 17:15   Link #58
Sumeragi
Banned

I just borrowed a PS3 for the occasion.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 17:24   Link #59
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

China took over one of our airfields. Wow.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 18:31   Link #60
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I just borrowed a PS3 for the occasion.
I'm going to be honest: I've bought the game for both campaign and multiplayer. I was sold since they revealed that missions would be set in China. Sadly, I won't touch the game until winter, though, once I have some time to immerse myself.