Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-10-09, 10:57   Link #41
rainz
original vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A
hmmm cloning of lucus... i'll check the ending again... but these clips on opening and ending are hurting my head so many possiblities... O.o

kira and calgari naked and kira and lucus naked... wtf kira and calgari are bother and sisters... O.o
That's Shin and Stella, not Kira and Cagali.
rainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 11:02   Link #42
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
are you sure... ?? lmfao i guess my bad... calgari and stella and kira and shinn look so much alike O.o

your right... her hair is much more yellow then calgari.. but i can't find the difference between kira and shinn. .. O.o they both look liek sissys
ZGMF-X10A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 11:03   Link #43
FlyByNite

Well future eps I'll only watched subbed, but I just wanted to see how things looked.

I still don't understand why you would make a gundam with different components like that. Doesn't that increase it's bulk because each part needs an engine ?

:shrug:

Spoiler:
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 11:07   Link #44
sarcasteak
WAHA~

SEE WHAT I MEAN?! *pulls hair out*
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 11:10   Link #45
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

i believe so too... each indiviual part has it's own pilot until it is connected i think... so there must be like 4 piliots then chaging into 1 gundam... what a waste of time and money... i'll laugh if one of those parts gets blown up... although they have backups it be funny fighing without the leg part or somehting...
Old 2004-10-09, 11:11   Link #46
rainz
original vampire

Yes, it was rather impractical, especially when

Spoiler:

Main difference between Kira and Shin is eyes color.
rainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 11:16   Link #47
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
I still don't understand why you would make a gundam with different components like that. Doesn't that increase it's bulk because each part needs an engine ?
1) The "Core Splendor" (plane-like thing) can eject, so if the suit is about to blow or is trapped like Strike was in SEED Ep 30 the pilot can still escape
2) It makes replacing damage parts during battle easier since a replacement to damaged parts can be made without the pilot having to return to ship
3) It makes for a cool toy

Anyway, watch Victory Gundam if you don't understand the applications of the core block system. You should understand it much better if you do.

As for Kira and Shinn... Kira's skin is darker, his hair is brown, his eyes are purple. Shinn's skin is light, his hair is black, and his eyes are red... Also Shinn's face seems to be rounder and Kira's seems to be pointier.
Old 2004-10-09, 11:52   Link #48
zealot
ZGMF-X13A

Saviour haven't appeared yet i thought Athrun would have jumped into it instead of a Zaku...
zealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 11:57   Link #49
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Thoughts after finishing the episode:

Spoiler:
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 12:15   Link #50
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Time for a Destiny forum? You know we'll be needing one...
The mods will start one up as soon as the number of posts goes to critical mass. Usual practice. Thanks also for listing the physical differences between Kira and Shin. Seriously, though, the two still look really alike... Hmm. Now there's a bad thought. I really hope the character design was either a lack of imagination or a want to appeal to the first series's viewers, and not some plot twist they have lined up.

Easy, stomach. Don't get sick just yet...

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 12:52   Link #51
OMchan
オムちゃん

Spoiler for OP:
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 13:15   Link #52
Blaat

Quote:
Well, if you like Athrun and Cagalli, it's great since that's pretty much what most of the episode concentrates on...
Which sadly enough isn't the case. Oh well I will manage.

I wonder how long it takes before the speed subbers sub the show.

Quote:
Well, its a classic Gundam thing. The first Gundam did it, The ZZ Gundam did it, the Victory Gundam did it. So its nothing new... Especially since Power Rangers (actually the Sentai combination robots) and Gundam originated from the same Super Robot genre.
I have to point out though that so far V Gundam stands out in the "merging mecha" theme. Because basicly its the only anime I've seen with "merging mecha" theme where the enemy actually tried shooting down the merging mecha and was succesful various times instead of the "hey look the giant mecha is merging lets all watch". (I admit I haven't seen many of the classic Super Robot genre)

Quote:
1) The "Core Splendor" (plane-like thing) can eject, so if the suit is about to blow or is trapped like Strike was in SEED Ep 30 the pilot can still escape
2) It makes replacing damage parts during battle easier since a replacement to damaged parts can be made without the pilot having to return to ship
3) It makes for a cool toy
I seem to be only quoting you today I hope you don't mind

4) Less production time for the mobile suit, as the various parts can be constructed independently in a parralel way.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 13:27   Link #53
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
I wonder how long it takes before the speed subbers sub the show.
Uke-Fansubs already translated the script last night (before the episode even aired... But they had the script from the premiering event), and they are planning to release theirs today... So this is speed-subbing at its best.
Old 2004-10-09, 13:28   Link #54
BasTos

Send a message via MSN to BasTos
Which groups will sub gundam seed ?
BasTos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 13:28   Link #55
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRoRuleZ
I think the mods may like to extract today's posts here then make up a new Phase 1 discussion thread.
Recents posts from the SEED Destiny: Protagonist revealed thread have been extracted and merged with this thread (created by LynnieS) to allow discussion of the newly released first episode.

Thread renamed to Gundam SEED Destiny (Phase 1 Discussion). Please direct any complaints of this merge to HaRoRuleZ
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 13:47   Link #56
OMchan
オムちゃん

After watching the OP several more times, I JUST noticed that Yzak doesn't have his scar anymore. <.< [Yes, I'm slow. ] But no wonder he looked different... and better. Also, Lacus' new hair clip in the OP (scene with Athrun) looks kind of weird on her...
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 13:48   Link #57
Egria

Send a message via MSN to Egria
Quote:
no wonder my host phoned me you linked to it hee hee
sorry guys I had to take it off because it used too much bandwidth,
(*hopes for new technology which can encode a big video into file under 1MB*)
Egria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 13:52   Link #58
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

awww .... i kept playing the clip over and over... lmfao... now i have to play it off teh raw ....
Old 2004-10-09, 14:02   Link #59
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

Quote:
As for Kira and Shinn... Kira's skin is darker, his hair is brown, his eyes are purple. Shinn's skin is light, his hair is black, and his eyes are red... Also Shinn's face seems to be rounder and Kira's seems to be pointier.
From all the magazines and SEED Destiny book I have, Shin's hair is very dark purple not black. The quickest way for me to identify Kira in the intermission and ED is his clothes from SEED Special Edition II and he is always paired with Lacus. The one in the show for now should always be Shin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
I really hope the character design was either a lack of imagination or a want to appeal to the first series's viewers, and not some plot twist they have lined up.
Are you forgeting that Kira is piloting Fafner and Miriallia is working at Alvis?
HaRoRuleZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 14:17   Link #60
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRoRuleZ
Are you forgeting that Kira is piloting Fafner and Miriallia is working at Alvis?
Speaking of which, Kazuki is like Kira with Shinn's hair/skin/eye (when in the Fafner) colors...

And sorry about that Egria, I didn't know that it was under your server...