AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-12-17, 06:10   Link #41
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I will start by saying that I do not believe that this spoiler is legitimate, but, that being said, if it turns out to be real, there are some solutions that makes Konoha's continued existence possible.

Well, all of the characters seem to have slugs attached to their bodies (and the civilians are probably evacuated by now), so it might be possible that the slugs would heal the damage caused by an explosion, or maybe the slugs would simply summon the individual shinobi to where ever they come from (Slug Mountain ) much the same as a Toad can take Naruto to Toad Mountain.

As long as all the Shinobi are okay, the property damage will mater only a little. Konoha has survived one invasion recently (the Sand/Sound invasion), which resulted in massive property damage, but seemingly few real casualties. If the other nations did not attack then, directly after a massive invasion with the death of the legendary ninja and leader Hizuren Sarutobi, I do not see why they would necessarily attack now, even if all the building are hurt or destroyed.

That being said, no matter what Konoha is going to have a black-eye concerning this matter. One small group has literally walked in and caused great damage. This is a very humiliating situation.

---

The recent released spoiler has the chapter only covering a brief fight scene between Yahiko-Pain and Tsunade. Since it is so simplistic, this will probably be the real spoiler.
I don't think the Slugs could heal damage that destroys buildings, but if the spoiler you mentioned doesn't mention the destruction of Konoha, most likely the actual spoiler is simply a fight between Pain and Tsunade.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 06:13   Link #42
neoko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohei View Post
If Kishimoto pulls an FMA "Dante" and makes Shizune out to be Pain, that would make things significantly more interesting, being that Tsunade's trusted apprentice was pretty much there from the beginning.
No, not interesting at all. It would annoy the heck out of me.

Explosion spoiler... which has been confirmed is significantly more interesting.

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-12-17 at 09:52.
neoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 06:21   Link #43
Gamma_Sennin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I don't think the Slugs could heal damage that destroys buildings, but if the spoiler you mentioned doesn't mention the destruction of Konoha, most likely the actual spoiler is simply a fight between Pain and Tsunade.
I dont think buildings would be hard to replace.. especially when we have a ninja who can raise a building in a few seconds... and the explosion part has been confirmed... Im pretty sure everyone who means something will survive.. I.E the konoha rookie 9 plus team guy isnt in the city... Im leaning to tsunade saving konoha with katsuya at the price of her life.. but who knows.. cant wait to read the new chapter
Gamma_Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 06:27   Link #44
seiji_kun

While I do think this is one hell of an awesome chapter cause it makes Pain look even more badass I do have to say that Kishi is milking out the Kakashi cliffhanger. If he wasn't dead already then this explosion should do the trick if he didn't got transported which we didn't saw happen. Though I guess that explosion could have happened not near him since it only wiped out the center of Konoha. (and yeah I'm one of the persons that think Kakashi is still alive)

And Shizune dieing, do I have to take this serious Kishi? You couldn't even kill Chouji's father so you're going to kill Shizune? If Shizune does die which she should since her soul gets drained then damn you Kishi! I'm prolly one of the few guys who likes Shizune.
Old 2008-12-17, 06:37   Link #45
Gamma_Sennin

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
While I do think this is one hell of an awesome chapter cause it makes Pain look even more badass I do have to say that Kishi is milking out the Kakashi cliffhanger. If he wasn't dead already then this explosion should do the trick if he didn't got transported which we didn't saw happen.

And Shizune dieing, do I have to take this serious Kishi? You couldn't even kill Chouji's father so you're going to kill Shizune? If Shizune does die which she should since her soul gets drained then damn you Kishi! I'm prolly one of the few guys who likes Shizune.

Yea I agree... hes going to save them all somehow.. i think he went all soft after he killed Jiraiya...

Btw is it a coincidence... or did kishimoto just show his utter detest of kunoichi once again.... poor shizune she never had a chance... unfortunately u shouldn't expect the star treatment if u go the wrong chromosome in this manga... hmm tsundae rest in peace?
Old 2008-12-17, 07:03   Link #46
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
someone has to die and it has to be her......shame, but her soul is gone.
Old 2008-12-17, 07:27   Link #47
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

Yeah kishi really needs to kill someone or it will be stupid, I guess shizune was his best option. Maybe one more death and some unnamed deaths for good measure.
Kenshin_Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 07:31   Link #48
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

The explosion spoiler was confirmed. Probably the biggest Naruto chapter since forever.

Spoiler for chapter 429 pics:

I never thought Shizune would get it after Chouza of all people survived.

I think Kishi will now take the Kakashi dead watch one step further. Everyone is now on a death watch. At this point Kakashi is just one of many. Cause now there are a ton of characters who might also be dead and will have to be revealed to have survived the explosion. Of course we know the rookies and Team Gai are fine.
Old 2008-12-17, 07:45   Link #49
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Oh god, I just had an orgasm.

Shizune dies, poor little thing, I actually liked her. Always so helpful. Pain shows his true colours and true powers by annihilating a freaking city in one gravity wave. They served their purpose, now he knows where Naruto is.

/*silently crosses fingers for Shika.

Also Sakura was in the hospital. Did someone say cake?
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 07:49   Link #50
sasuke2007
Missing-Nin

Best chapter in a loooong time!
Bout time Kishsi showed how bad-ass Pain is! showing some "Godly" moves.
But even with the villians, theres are always Disadvantages (life shortening)

It's Showtime
sasuke2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 07:54   Link #51
Rageaholic01
Kaizoku

is this the last chapter of the year?
Old 2008-12-17, 07:57   Link #52
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

That's it, Shippuden is completely pointless now... What the hell does Pain need the Bijuus for?
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 07:59   Link #53
Gamma_Sennin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageaholic01 View Post
is this the last chapter of the year?
Thats a good question... based on what we received in this current chapter.. i wouldn't be surprised if they decide to end it for the year.. giving us a months wait for the next chapter.... WSJ editors are probably laughing there butts off... leave us with "On the next chapter Sage Naruto Returns" or something like that... which teases every ounce of curiousness within us naruto fans..

BTW does anyone else think that shizunes soul looks like casper...
Old 2008-12-17, 08:07   Link #54
Rageaholic01
Kaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Sennin View Post
Thats a good question... based on what we received in this current chapter.. i wouldn't be surprised if they decide to end it for the year.. giving us a months wait for the next chapter.... WSJ editors are probably laughing there butts off... leave us with "On the next chapter Sage Naruto Returns" or something like that... which teases every ounce of curiousness within us naruto fans..

BTW does anyone else think that shizunes soul looks like casper...
Thanks for the reply.
Apparently, the next chapter is called "A Hero's sad return".
Old 2008-12-17, 08:08   Link #55
Gamma_Sennin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
That's it, Shippuden is completely pointless now... What the hell does Pain need the Bijuus for?
Well the spoiler says that if he does this technique it shortens his lifespan... also looking at the explosion it didnt decimate all of konoha... so I would think although he is extremely powerful... the Jinchuriki super weapon would be more practical... assumed it can be used over and over due to the amount of chakra all the monsters possess... he can use it to wage wars... and enforce the peace he preaches of... and the destructive power may even make this seem like a hand grenade...
Old 2008-12-17, 08:37   Link #56
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Shizune... he had to off Shizune? Why? I liked her.

Pain totally kicks ass... and well, he follows Madara? Makes me wonder just how powerful Madara was in his prime.

I wonder how Naruto is going to take this.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 08:52   Link #57
Lunarskylar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
Shizune... he had to off Shizune? Why? I liked her.

Pain totally kicks ass... and well, he follows Madara? Makes me wonder just how powerful Madara was in his prime.

well according to the spoiler there's a flashback to when konon and pein first meet madara, and he blows up there too
anger issuess, he's like that angry but sextastic blondie from animaniacs

i wonder if they also truly confirms that pein is nagato in a building, probably falling off his chair and gasping for air, maybe with his hands bleeding liek orochimaru int eh shower D;
Old 2008-12-17, 08:57   Link #58
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Whahaha Oh Holy!!! What the heck! Pain blew up Konoha?! I dont care how powerfull people claim that Madara is...Pain is by far the strongest in MY book!

This (in my opinion) places Pain soo much above all the other guy's like Jiraiya, Kakashi, Sasuke and all others... I thought there was a glimpse of some good things in him but... this is soo evil. How the heck are they going to rebuild Konoha with probably 80% dead people both shinobi and villagers?? And what will keep the survivors from turning their back to a completely defenseless village?

Kishimoto had better come with briljant plans to clear up those kind of questions...right now i hope Naruto will stay away untill he is the strongest ninja in the entire Fire Country..
Old 2008-12-17, 08:59   Link #59
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
Well lets see, he can't use nature energy. Pain killed of his mentor and possible killed his other mentor to and nuked the village that he wants to be hokage of.

He went four tails cause Orochimaru stole his love interest, if he would still use tailmode I would say this warrants all the nine tails. I wonder how he's going to control that rage cause we know he got a short tempor, so if he's going to be composed after this then I'll be shocked. Or maybe he burst out in tears since it says a sadly return (joke if it wasn't obvious).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Well, she was one of the group, that just discovered his secret. Obviously he has to kill this group, so why not start with her, since he had her in his grasp anyways.
Nah it's cause he'll kill Tsunade, and Shizune would have been pointless to keep around when Tsunade gets killed. When you're going to kill the boss you begin with the side-kicks!
Old 2008-12-17, 09:08   Link #60
Mists

This makes no sense!

Why would Pain waste all his Chakra to blow up Konoha? Is he going to rest and then go find Naruto? This just gives Naruto an extra possibility to beat Pain...not to mention Sasuke.

And finally Pain does what Madara couldn't? And everyone dies?

Talk about a major copout on all these characters
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote