Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-11, 18:27   Link #41
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voduar View Post
To the first part, apparently the power in this game determines how much damage you actually deal. So, Stark said it felt like it should have cut off his arm, but because Shunsui has almost no gray it was only a light wound.

As to hollow holes being black, this is yet another good point about why this power is silly. However, it is a greater point to remember that KT likes to make a lot of convenient mistakes so he can make events happen.
I am beginning to believe that Tite only did that, because he wanted the good guys to win.
Old 2010-08-11, 21:23   Link #42
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post

Episode was enjoyable when it visited Stark's inhibition toward loneliness. It has conveyed clearly why Stark was eager to join Aizen when he appeared in front of him and didn't die. So my question is, how are the weakling Vice Captains from the Soul Society withstood his spirit pressure? Is Stark's spirit pressure only works against hollows? Meh... Truth be told, I don't really care.
my answer...Stark couldn't control his reiatsu in the beginning and it just leaked all over the place like Ichigo or Kenpachi when he lets loose.
Old 2010-08-11, 22:13   Link #43
Kookee2k2
OBJECTION!

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
I am beginning to believe that Tite only did that, because he wanted the good guys to win.

Of course the good guys have to win!

Not only that, the good guys even get additional lives and/or the ability to recover from impossibly mortal situations

If that wasn't true we'd never see Scotty in the Star Trek Movies. From my memory he actually died (as in 'He's dead Jim.' dead) at least once or twice in the original series.
Old 2010-08-12, 03:34   Link #44
DeadStar

This ep was one of the better ones in my opinion, especially in terms of direction. They really tried to make the viewer sympathetic to Stark during his final moments and I felt that was done really well.
I was pleasantly surprised by the how well the fight between Harribel and Hitsugaya/Hiyori/Lisa was going, it actually seemed like they were trying to kill her; which is something you dont see very often in Bleach.
Old 2010-08-12, 03:38   Link #45
Ichiban Hayai

I guess I didn't like the episode that much.
Shunshui was annoying to me and his zampaktu unimpressive. a pity because he was one of my favorites.

And what's the deal with Starks death? I don't remember a hollow's hole being part of their body, being a point of weakness, or being black (just a shade of their skin).

For one thing Noitora had Zarakis' sword through his eye/hole and he kept feeling stellar!
Old 2010-08-12, 03:41   Link #46
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Kenpachi's blade never made contact, it just went straight through

hollow holes are the voids in which they try to fill from their hearts when they lost their chain of fate

the holes are connected to their heart (assuming this is more a metaphysical thing since I don't think we know about Hollow Anatomy), and what are holes and voids perceived as? endless darkness or black.
Old 2010-08-12, 03:48   Link #47
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kookee2k2 View Post
Of course the good guys have to win!
No they don't.
Old 2010-08-12, 03:53   Link #48
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
What a childish retort, if I was your father, I would be disappointed in you monir.
I'm proud to say that he already is!

Quote:
Oh and I'm pretty sure Hisagi is the only VC out in the open right now. Vizards don't count
Eh....! And what about Oomaeda, the flat chested Captain's knight in shining armor... well sort of. I agree that he is being shielded by the mighty taicho's delicate frame now and then, but as far as the affect of spirit pressure goes, he is quite in the open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
my answer...Stark couldn't control his reiatsu in the beginning and it just leaked all over the place like Ichigo or Kenpachi when he lets loose.
I think a more viable answer would be the people in Soul Society are quite used to the flashy feeling of reiatsu. When jiisan takes his shirt off as he lights himself on fire, people around him can still withstand the reiatsu pressure. Even the lowly Rukia or Orihime didn't have problem around withstanding the spirit pressure the captain class dishes out, i.e. Ichigo, Niisama, Ulquiorra, Mr. 0, and etc...

I think the best answer would be, "shut up, monir. If Kubo says so, so it goes. "

I'll go away now.
Old 2010-08-12, 03:56   Link #49
Gin
*Artist

Sexy people like Omaeda and Orihime aren't affected by things like massive amounts of reiatsu.
Old 2010-08-12, 08:10   Link #50
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Eh....! And what about Oomaeda, the flat chested Captain's knight in shining armor... well sort of. I agree that he is being shielded by the mighty taicho's delicate frame now and then
mehehe, nice line

dunno, lately I just crack myself up reading you folks comments and stopped watchin since..hm dunno... four eps ago? ... boy I sure hope sth. decent comes up soon....
Old 2010-08-12, 12:37   Link #51
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:

I think the best answer would be, "shut up, monir. If Kubo says so, so it goes. "

I'll go away now.
lol, you're probably right though, cause Nanao back in Soul Society almost passed out from Genryusai's spirit pressure
Old 2010-08-12, 13:29   Link #52
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

I don't understand all of the disappointment talk. Halibel took on 2 vizards (vc level) and a Captain without taking any damage. Barragan took two forearms and was only defeated by an amazing use of kido which everyone says they want more of, and Stark took on one of the three top captains in the series after nearly defeating two vizards (who without Shunsui would have been goners).

Now my take on the episode - I enjoyed the games but like others here I found the takaoni technique to be confusing. I liked the shadow attacks, and the color game although a hole isn't black (but I guess you could make a vague argument about emptiness and blackness being similar), what I didn't like was the fact that all of Starks attacks are types of ceros.

Shunsui - this episode was so insightful on his character. I like how once he got serious he threw aside his usual playful demeanor and finished his game quickly. Then when Love tried to reprimand him for interfering (though it was originally his fight) he reprimands Love. Shunsui has always had a kind of mystery appeal to him and now that we know about his techniques it just adds to his character. He is definitely in my opinion the most intriguing character in the series. I'd like to see how he matches up against Aizen, hopefully those two will have a nice fight.
Old 2010-08-12, 13:45   Link #53
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Amazing View Post
I'd like to see how he matches up against Aizen, hopefully those two will have a nice fight.
Well with Shunsui still standing and Aizen, Gin, and Tousen being the only ones left, I'd say you have a pretty good chance of getting your wish.

Let's just hope we don't have to wait through another long filler arc first.
Old 2010-08-12, 16:35   Link #54
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Well with Shunsui still standing and Aizen, Gin, and Tousen being the only ones left, I'd say you have a pretty good chance of getting your wish.

Let's just hope we don't have to wait through another long filler arc first.
hahaha I bet we will have to wait,but there are a lot of good guys still standing to fight those three.
Old 2010-08-12, 17:21   Link #55
Kuorsaki007

dont forget Espada 0 :P
Old 2010-08-12, 17:22   Link #56
Gin
*Artist

I think Shinji kind of already called dibs on Ai-chan, but Shiro-chan stated he wants a shot at him as well, so Shunsui might have to settle for fighting Gin or tousen.
Old 2010-08-12, 22:13   Link #57
scorpio516

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I think you're one of the few here with that opinion. A lot of fans generally regard Shunsui to be among the strongest captains of the Gotei 13 right alongside Ukitake (and possibly Unohana) with Yamamoto being the only one stronger.
Back at the end of the SS arc, Yamamoto hinted at that too - those two are the oldest capts. and thus the strongest.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2010-08-13, 07:20   Link #58
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Stark and Halibel, in the same damn episode?

Wait, if Hollows vanish when they die, why were there mountains of them around Stark?

Last edited by MisterJB; 2010-08-13 at 07:34.
Old 2010-08-13, 09:15   Link #59
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Oh man. Stark He was my favourite Espada....he was totally the best one....and seemed like the nicest of the Espada....why did he have to die?

This episode made it far more emotional than the manga...especially with Lillinette disappearin like that...he showed far more emotion about her being harmed/dying...

R.I.P Primera...u were definitely the best.....along with Barragan. Hallibel was a big disapointment unfortunately...
Old 2010-08-13, 12:23   Link #60
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuorsaki007 View Post
dont forget Espada 0 :P
I totally forgot about him actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
I think Shinji kind of already called dibs on Ai-chan, but Shiro-chan stated he wants a shot at him as well, so Shunsui might have to settle for fighting Gin or tousen.
I think I'll be okay with that actually. Though I don't think Toushiro has a chance against Aizen, Shinji should be fun to watch against him. Shunsui versus Gin would have some fun chatter going on, but against Tosen (if he gets past Kommamura and Hisagi) would be a bit boring in my opinion.
Closed Thread