AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2014-03-15, 12:05   Link #6081
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Would it be cruel of me to send Kamjou to the. World of Campione, purely to see how much he can screw their values by becoming a godslayer that can't become a godslayer?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-15, 12:11   Link #6082
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Would it be cruel of me to send Kamjou to the. World of Campione, purely to see how much he can screw their values by becoming a godslayer that can't become a godslayer?
No, its fine and awesome. The idea is in my mind for months but I don't write. Thought I gave him a free forming imagine breaker. Other than that. He is as normal as a high school boy body with a million of death experience thanks to phase. Though this new idea come when NT 9 happen.
Old 2014-03-17, 12:37   Link #6083
LevelSeven

if someone has a interest in a AU idea with accel and brunhild:

instead of 6 months ago, the torture of her was 6 years ago,
the boy who helped brunhild in her jail with food was a albino boy (similar to chibi-accel), 10 years old, after brunhild escaped she found the (really) death body of the boy, (brunhild is 12 to this time, and she starts her revenge),

than the same normal kanzaki ss (brunhild now 18), necassarius can gain her help because they promise that the boy isnt dead and that it was a Illusion, she holds on this small hope and after some time she finds the boy (now 16, #1of AC), of course accel is the wrong one but she believes he forgot the horrible memories,

and so accel cant do anything else and she starts to "be overprotective onee-san" for him....

a small idea XD how is it?? should this play after accel gains a family or before? because i think a pre-Vol.3 accel would be more fun than a current accel ??
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 00:05   Link #6084
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Nothing constructive to say about LevelSeven's idea besides you do not know enough about pre-Level 6 shift Accelerator to reasonnably make him a compelling character and not make him OOC, but it did give me an inkling of an idea...

Accelerator gets sent back to before the Level Six Shift experiment, lolnopes the entire thing, and busts all of the clones out of there, tearing through everyone who tries to get in his way.

And then has to deal with the simple fact that making such a massive, divergent change so early on warps everything as a side effect. In the short term, there's the simple fact that he now has 20001 people he needs to take care of and teach to humanity and, uh, wow. Accelerator having to do that. Yeah. But that'd lead to massive problems as he'd need to figure out how to do it, acquire funds, decide who needs to know or not, etc.

On a longer term note, over ten thousand people who'd died are now back in the picture and in a better position to influence things and everything related to the Level Six Shift in even the vaguest sense--which is a shitload of stuff--will be feeling major ripples from the event.

I've always been a fan of Peggy Sue stories, but 99% of the time they run into the problem of 'Logically, this character should be able to solve pretty much every problem with their knowledge of the future.' As an example: Harry Potter, Naruto, the Dresden Files, and any story that relies on a lack of knowledge or mystery as an important issue can be hard to due standard Peggy Sues with, though being creative can sidestep this.

But Accelerator's source of problems is only rarely a matter of lack of knowledge--though his future knowledge could change a shit ton, to be sure--but a matter of choice. So he's pretty good for Peggy Sues, I think.

Also, it would just change everything, which would be amusing.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 01:50   Link #6085
LevelSeven

(only a baseless idea) because a small girl finds him before the guy in sunglasses can talk to accel....

she can see the future, orphan child , who's power activated and since than she could see a few days into the future, but somehow because of accel she saw the future until he gets shot (she does not see the future after that, only how he gains the bullet into his head),
and because she wants to be a hero she tries to "help" him, that means: living by him, teaching him social communication skills, how to dress himself, etc.)

like brunhild with overprotective nee-san, this time a annoying little sister..

^allfictions

maybe a reason why he refused the experiment, other stuff sounds ok.....
Old 2014-03-18, 03:28   Link #6086
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Currently reading campione. To make a crossover. I want to ask if Touma would survive even with Imagine Breaker given the difference in physical abiliity written about. O.o

So to speak. Can post NT Touma fight someone like Kanzaki now instead of being curbstomped?

The idea is that Othinus and Kamijou end up in the world of Campione. Because Kusanagi Godou always causes destruction in his battle against heretic gods, the History Compilation Committee decides that it needs an alternative fighting force. They found out that there was a number of heretic gods who suddenly go missing after attempting to cause trouble in Japan. After a lot of digging, they find Touma and Othinus living with the magic equivalent of a yakuza gone legit. The two have a business going on that involves solving supernatural problems for a fee and turn out to be the reason why heretic gods in the country go missing, either dead or go away. So while out in the open, the committee retains good relations with the 7th campione but in secret they keep giving the work to the godslayer that can't become a campione, Kamijou Touma.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2014-03-18 at 11:37.
Old 2014-03-18, 23:48   Link #6087
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Currently reading campione. To make a crossover. I want to ask if Touma would survive even with Imagine Breaker given the difference in physical abiliity written about. O.o

So to speak. Can post NT Touma fight someone like Kanzaki now instead of being curbstomped?

The idea is that Othinus and Kamijou end up in the world of Campione. Because Kusanagi Godou always causes destruction in his battle against heretic gods, the History Compilation Committee decides that it needs an alternative fighting force. They found out that there was a number of heretic gods who suddenly go missing after attempting to cause trouble in Japan. After a lot of digging, they find Touma and Othinus living with the magic equivalent of a yakuza gone legit. The two have a business going on that involves solving supernatural problems for a fee and turn out to be the reason why heretic gods in the country go missing, either dead or go away. So while out in the open, the committee retains good relations with the 7th campione but in secret they keep giving the work to the godslayer that can't become a campione, Kamijou Touma.
Wouldn't Othinus count as a Heretic God by Campione standards anyway? Or minus the 'Heretic' part, like the few other Gods in Campione-verse that retired into the Netherworld.

I'm inclined to think Campione and TAMNI don't mix, or at least not this particular scenario.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 00:57   Link #6088
demino_hellsin
That one guy

technically Othinus would be a mage with godlike power not a true divinity. Also, at this point the fairy spell has already hit her enough that she may as well be only partly divine.

It's precisely because they don't mix that I find the concoction interesting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I've been thinking on some stuff and realized that something might work out for Crippled!Touma. So here I am going to write out how the level 5's who give him calculating ability affect him.

When the level 5's give Touma calculating ability, there are limits to doing so. Just as Touma has a switch that allows him to draw out more calculative ability, the level 5's have a switch that allows them to give more as well. This is to override the safeguards that were originally in place to protect the level 5's. The level 5's lose more control over their powers the more they give Touma calculative ability, but the more they give Touma, the stronger he gets. That is to say he does not grow stronger in terms of physical strength, neither does his IB change in contact with the new though patterns. Rather, it is his ability of precognition.

Touma's natural precognition is a defensive ability. He can predict supernatural attacks and even mundane attacks to some extent due to his developed sensitivity for survival. It allows him to defend and counter attack effectively but that's its limit. All it can do is predict the enemies' offensive movements. The precognition has limited applications due to this limit. Calculative abilities of the level 5s change the properties of his precognition, expanding his overall capability.

#2 - Allows Touma to immediately know the properties of materials around him.
#3 - Gives Touma an accurate but limited sense of prediction of cause and effect.
#4 - Touma's precognition becomes able to read enemy defensive movements.
#5 - Precognition becomes one for reading human behavior.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2014-03-20 at 03:48.
Old 2014-03-20, 13:31   Link #6089
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

The next chapter for a Certain hidden level five is out.
Chapter 11 - The Level Five Banquet!
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9986081...Fated-Memories
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 13:43   Link #6090
LevelSeven

^^ i like that but their are problems, im not sure if dark matter kakine can give his calculation ability and if yes than he could create a network out of dark matter brains which increases the calc for a few hundres times....

and i doubt that #4 would do such a thing....

why is #1 not their? is he crippled too or is he a enemy? because his original calc. power is like that of the original misaka network, i think it would be more than enough...
Old 2014-03-20, 18:26   Link #6091
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's an old project that I thought about and mulled over with smokinferret88 and omega253.

That version of Kakine is still the original whole Kakine... and he's bound by honor due to a bet with Mugino.

Misaka and Misaki lend him aid because of obvious reasons.

Mugino lends him aid because he beat her in combat after she mouthed off against him and Misaka. Mostly against Misaka.

Accelerator isn't there because not only is he crippled, technically it's not his calculation ability too so even if I did add it. The influence to Kamijou's precognition would likely be from the Misaka network.

Also I am not sure what change Accelerator would make to Touma's precognition.
Old 2014-03-20, 19:32   Link #6092
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

I haven't written a word for Parallelogram Chapter 3 yet. But I get the feeling it'll be the last in a string of unconnected (connected?) stories. I have a vague sense of who I want the chapter to center around, still though, I haven't settled on what the "3rd" universe is going to be.
Old 2014-03-20, 22:27   Link #6093
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:

#2 - Allows Touma to immediately know the properties of materials around him.
#3 - Gives Touma an accurate but limited sense of prediction of cause and effect.
#4 - Touma's precognition becomes able to read enemy defensive movements.
#5 - Precognition becomes one for reading human behavior.
Well, Accelerator can, or in his current condition, could redirect anything passively. It didn't matter what direction it came from, it would still automatically be redirected elsewhere or even back at the aggressor. That said, Touma with Accelerator's calculations, would probably work as a 'defense buff' more so than anything else.

So if someone is, say, gonna attack him from behind with a ranged weapon, Touma's precognition would predict the incoming attack and thus give him the hindsight to avoid it. Not only would he be able to avoid it, but he would be able to immediately deduce where the attack had originated from.

That's just me throwing out an idea of how Accel's calculations would work with Touma.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 22:42   Link #6094
demino_hellsin
That one guy

An ability of omniscient assessment?
Old 2014-03-20, 22:53   Link #6095
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

More like a range buff on his precognition and an additional effect that allows him to locate the target who's attacking him.

The additional effect is just a byproduct of Accel's 'vector' control. Trajectory, range of the target, things of that nature. I just figured that, with all these calculation effects you listed, none of them dealt with the issue or ranged opponents and such. Accel...excels against against most things, and ranged folk tend to be far worse off than most others.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-03-20, 23:02   Link #6096
demino_hellsin
That one guy

maybe something else. I think it does suit accelerator but I'm not too convinced yet. it has to be something that really reflects Accelerator.
Old 2014-03-20, 23:06   Link #6097
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

I'll take another crack at it once I have a clearer head. I've been having migraines lately and had to take some pills to reduce the pain. Now I just feel a little out of it.

Once my head clears, I'll get back to you on something.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-03-21, 02:17   Link #6098
LevelSeven

@domino

IF you use accel and he still has his old brain, (since i doubt that accel could give any form of help as nerfed as he is now), than why not boosting toumas attack with it? like automatically finding the weak points in someone elses body, direct attack of the vital points with the smallest amount of counters possible...
Old 2014-03-21, 04:13   Link #6099
demino_hellsin
That one guy

This will be post LO.

#1 - allows precogniton to instantaneously assess the next step to be taken. Winged mode modifies Touma's senses, allowing him to break down and understand supernatural phenomena. Best example is than he cannot see telesma leylines but he knows where they are and what they're usable for. He can understand spell formations despite not being a practitioner of magic.

#7 - precognition that detects random events or accidents, unforeseeable events impossible to calculate or deduce
Old 2014-03-21, 09:44   Link #6100
tsunade666

Quote:
technically Othinus would be a mage with godlike power not a true divinity. Also, at this point the fairy spell has already hit her enough that she may as well be only partly divine.

It's precisely because they don't mix that I find the concoction interesting.
It really doesn't mix because of the magic system in Index used idol theory of the untalented to go toe and toe against talented. They developed their magic to be wield by weaker beings which is why even someone like Birdway can throw telesma bomb or in campione verse divine power like nothing.

In campione verse. Using divine powers are reserved only for campione and some of the members but they are rare or has complication or your just talented.

It doesn't also help that an ordinary human reach the power of gods in tamni verse compare to campione verse. BUT that is what makes it interesting. As interesting as crossover of TypeMoon and Tamni.

The magic system in tamni is just that flexible or rather it gave chance for everyone to wield magic. Its only depends on how much hard work (Birdway) or insane (Terra and Vento) you can be. Though some in the big hitters in tamni also has their own talent to add to their success but they are different from magic circuits that has set to not be owned by everyone or magic core.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction