AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-11-21, 05:00   Link #601
theshade1

Just heard about Seishun buta. The same pair as Sakurasou!!

Can't really find any info about the series tho.. :/

Saw the volume covers and each have unique titles, so is this like an episodic LN with self-contained stories in each novel or what??
theshade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-21, 11:01   Link #602
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
What kind of story is Gamers? MC having a gamers ability like the gamers manhwa? or its a scifi/fantasy story?

if its juts humor then meh -_- I don't fancy humor that much but still, the title interest me.
It's a romCOM. Written by the author of Seitokai no Ichizon series. Humor is EX-rank to me. If you don't appreciate the stupid humor in Baka-Test or Seizon (novels), then this is not for you.

The story involves a group of people who love games. And the comedy arises because of the misunderstandings and the differing perspectives each of the main characters held towards the others in terms of the rabu-dynamics among the group. The protagonist bears some similarities to the protagonist of Otaria.

If I were to do summaries for the series, I can probably do it with just relationship charts from the perspective of each character after each chapter. Just thinking of that makes me laugh
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-21, 11:07   Link #603
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
It's a romCOM. Written by the author of Seitokai no Ichizon series.
I read just that and I want to read it already.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-21, 15:02   Link #604
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
It's a romCOM. Written by the author of Seitokai no Ichizon series. Humor is EX-rank to me. If you don't appreciate the stupid humor in Baka-Test or Seizon (novels), then this is not for you.
Written by the author of Seizon? then it would be good but its just that humor is fine but I won't be remembering it by the end of the day.

For me, a story with a serious plot would be always be remembered by how beautifully it was executed.

While I tolerate and read harem and humor or SoL stuffs. I just read them when I'm bored and not doing anything. Just to entertain myself but by the end of the day or by tomorrow. I would probably be forgetting it which is why I'm not much of a fan for romcom stories.
Old 2015-11-22, 04:10   Link #605
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
My post was mostly on the critic of the system for the most part.

For me it's less about the end result and rather the intention. I am fine with lesser known titles getting pushed, but only if they're truly interesting. Eirun does not seem like such a title to me (could glance at reviews, almost all terrible), where it is the total opposite for SukaSuka. Putting Eirun on there seem to invalidate their other efforts (and it's obvious that MF Bunko J's so heavily pushing this title), kinda like having a tiny piece of rat manure in a bowl of soup (ruins everything).

I do not blame collaborators having an agenda in mind, because this is their job. However, if they want to push a title, that title will get pushed. HP obviously is the mob mentality, so you are correct that their vote should have less weight, but Monitors are different. The fact for the top 10, collaborators have 2.5x the Monitor's weight does not sit well with me.

If I remember correctly, ever since they change the weighting system people give less and less attention to this publication (less votes too).
I understand your point of view, but ImO this would be worse if they separated it. Less peoples would care about the titles in mind. The balance needs to be conserved though. If the collaborators can push too easily any title they want in the top 5, that's not good either. ImO right now their voting power is a bit too high and need tweaking. Especially if they have the leniency of pushing a bad title (if like you said Eirun isn't good).

Still, I don't think that one badly pushed title invalidate their effort to promote the good ones either. I mean lots of "bad" (subjectively) titles are already in the top 10 thanks to the other groups of voters anywya, one more or one less doesn't really change anything. Although, if it's really the usual stuff from MF bunko J, then there was no reason that this becomes the number 1 new series over shuumatsuna either ImO. They should remember their priorities if they want to stay credible to their readers. As you said, we can understand that they have their own agenda/circumstances but if they lose the interest from their readers by going too far, this will not end good for them either.

Either way, I'd say that the titles they voted for this time seems to be mostly good choices. Leaving Eirun aside. If they wanted to promote a MF bunko J title that deserved it, Zetsushinkai no Solaris was deserving it for his second volume published this year more than the one for which they promoted that series last year, so it's not like they didn't had possibilities.

BTW, your avatar is intriguing me. Looking at the front part of the hair and your alias, it looks like it's Aikawa Jun (I'm currently reading the zaregoto series, 5/9 read), but she looks awfully young on the pic, + this doesn't look like the usual art style of the zaregoto illustrator either. What's the volume/series it's from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Zeyfris said what new LN series would I want to see this year on this list somewhere back but if I could, I'd want to see Ken to mahou no fantasy by Romeo Tanaka, Hajimaranai Ragnarok to Owatteru Uchira no Live by Ou Jackson or fate prototype by Hikaru sakurai or Tamakou Shakou Dance-bu e Yokoso by senya mihagi. I hear they are pretty good
I see, I'll take note and I'll look into them to see if I can find something pleasing me among those, thanks.

EDIT : comments on the winner list :

Top 60 series:
01. Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabukome wa Machigatteiru. ->no surprise here. let's hope next year the top moves and that it will NOT be SAO instead. And by the way I don't think the volumes published this year were good enough to justify the first place at all. Most of them were not especially impressive.
02. Sword Art Online ->meh
03. Tenkyou no Alderamin ->very good choice, thumbs up this deserves all the collaborators votes it got
04. Eirun Last Code -> Since it seems reviews are quite negative, this may be purely commercial from the collaborators
05. Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasuka? Isogashii desuka?Sukutte Moratte Ii desuka? ->Best new title AFAIK, this title is beautiful and I'm really happy that it got the collaborators' support
06. No Game No Life ->This one deserved it last yar but not this year ImO
07. To Aru Majutsu no Index Series ->why is this still here with the current abomination that are the last few volumes?
08. Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darouka->deserves it less this year as well, the volumes were subpar
09. Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ->don't know, but it's intriguing me a bit
10. Escape Speed ->don't know, but it's intriguing me a bit
11. Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei ->meh
12. Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai ->wow, some peoples dared to vote for it despite that last volume.
13. To Aru Hikuushi e no Seiyaku ->I'll have to read this soon
14. Imouto Sae Ireba Ii. ->that title makes me want to flee away from it...
15. Gamers! ->I read above that it's comedy but... that's the only thing I know about it~ Is that really that good?
16. Kono Koi to, Sono Mirai.->interesting
17. Rokka no Yuusha ->curious to see the part from the collaborators in this, is it small this time? Anyway, satisfying result, even if the two volumes of this year were far better than the one of last time even though the rank is lower.

19. Shitayome Danshi to Toukou Joshi ->looks interesting ?

25. Overlord ->If that edition is allowed then several titles from this edition deserved it far more than this one, like youjo senki or yuusha sama no oshishou sama ImO

28. Zetsushinkai no Solaris ->Huge drop of support from the collaborators it seems. The funny thing is, the volume this year was far better than the one last year. Looking forward to the next volumes, the main cast is here, and they're good

50. Chuuko demo Koi ga Shitai! ->That... that title :x

52. Date a Live ->was this so low before ?

Top 30 female characters:
01. Misaka Mikoto (Index) ->again....
02. Yunoshita Yukino (Oregairu) ->that's just last year in reverse.
03. Isshiki Iroha (Oregairu) ->really? Iroha?
04. Yuigahama Yui (Oregairu) ->Oregairu domination. Mobs voting to its finnest
10. Index (Index) ->Index in the top 10, that's just... ugh
11. Sinon (SAO)
13. Aiz Wallenstein (Danmachi) ->anime focusing a lot on Hestia fan service didn't change Ais> Hestia in this poll. If anything, they may have alienated the novels readers against Hestia with that adaptation...
20. Yatorisino Igzem (Alderamin) ->good choice, happy to see Yatori here
24. Fremy Speeddraw (Rokka) ->wow, Fremy in a popularity poll being ranked? nice. Thanks to the anime, i suppose.

Top 30 male characters:
01. Hikigaya Hachiman (Oregairu) ->same as last year
04. Accelerator (Index) ->one more push and Accelerator is before Touma, o go go
08. Totsuka Saika (Oregairu) ->wait, this one isn't in the right poll!... Oh he is.
11. Ikuta Sorouku (Alderamin) ->woot. Well deserved
12. Sakamaki Izayoi (Mondaiji) ->still going strong besides not being here a lot in the first Last Embryo volume

23. Adlet Mayer (Rokka) ->Nice! Another RnY character in a popularity poll, that's rare enough to enjoy it when it happens

28. Hans Humpty (Rokka) || Eirun Bazatt (Eirun) ->and another RnY char here. Nice.

Top 57 illustrators:
01. Ponkan⑧ (Oregairu) >Can't deny his illustrations are gorgeous, so that's actually more deserved than the first place for Oregairu.

Overall comment : Still no Magdala de Nemure, no KyouHora either, that's a bit sad. Very satisfied about #3 (alderamin), #5 (shuumatsuna), and #17 (rokka) though.

Mob voting as usual in the character polls. female side there's 4 Oregairu, 4 Index, 3 SAO, that's 11/30 characters with 3 titles. Especially oregairu and Index has 3 each in the top 10, that's 6/10 char with those 2...

BTW, I think that's supposed to be read zetsushinkai no solaris. Even the japanese readers don't seem very sure about it (there's not a single time a ruby to see the right pronunciation in that book...), but most think it's that way.

Last edited by Zefyris; 2015-11-22 at 09:06.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 07:13   Link #606
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
BTW, I think that's supposed to be read zetsushinkai no solaris. Even the japanese readers don't seem very sure about it (there's not a single time a ruby to see the right pronunciation in that book...), but most think it's that way.
Ok, changing to Zetsushinkai. And was the second volume better than the first one? Liked the first volume but I don't know if I would like to continue reading after all that suffering.
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 07:16   Link #607
tsunade666

What kind of story is Zetsushinkai? if its about suffering train then I would probably liked it. But I prefer suffering with style and important to the plot than just senseless suffering.
Old 2015-11-22, 07:35   Link #608
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
Ok, changing to Zetsushinkai. And was the second volume better than the first one? Liked the first volume but I don't know if I would like to continue reading after all that suffering.
Yeah it's definitely better. And the team as it is in the end of the volume is promising for the next volume imo. I wasn't much a fan of the first volume btw. Too much death in too little time to appreciate most of those characters. Well the two who
Spoiler:
were nice though.

You should try the second if you liked the first imo.

BTW those madara types are the sickest type of Unders by far ImO. When one is around, that's really true despair for the water users. Talk about a nightmare. Those things are nasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
What kind of story is Zetsushinkai? if its about suffering train then I would probably liked it. But I prefer suffering with style and important to the plot than just senseless suffering.
Survival horror in facilities in the bottom of the sea, with the main cast having supernatural abilities. So any mistake turn into horrible deaths and lots of regret for the others obviously.

Last edited by Zefyris; 2015-11-22 at 10:03.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 09:36   Link #609
larethian

Interesting. I know this is not really true, but there was a time when I thought MF writers must include harem romantic elements in their stories to write for MF Or maybe that's true but certain exceptions were allowed due to reasons we are not privy to.
Old 2015-11-22, 09:49   Link #610
Zefyris
図書館狼

There is no Ecchi at all btw, and no harem either. There's a small bit of romance but it's better that way since when a character die, well if that character was part of the romance the weight of the death will be far heavier.
But yes, I thought like you that it was kind of required, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe those novels are a try from the editor to widen the range of the buyers they're targeting, testing the answer from the customers for other genres?~
Old 2015-11-22, 13:11   Link #611
Kunagisa

Quote:
BTW, your avatar is intriguing me. Looking at the front part of the hair and your alias, it looks like it's Aikawa Jun (I'm currently reading the zaregoto series, 5/9 read), but she looks awfully young on the pic, + this doesn't look like the usual art style of the zaregoto illustrator either. What's the volume/series it's from?
It is Jun alright; first book of the Saikyou series that Allen mentioned here. Artist is still 「take」 too (love her art).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-25, 00:52   Link #612
larethian

I've gotten my copy of the mag:
http://imgur.com/a/BKcp6

One thing I'm cautious about taking monitor group into my consideration is the age group. All the series I love got zero or very low votes from them.

The point system remained the same as previous 2 years, which is supposed to reflect the following:
HP (homepage): what's popular now
Collaborators: good praiseworthy series to watch out for
Monitor: what teenagers/adolescents are reading now

Notable things (below comments represent only my opinion):
- Index got 0 points from collaborators haha; I forgot what they got for last year.
- SAO got votes from collabs, I'm not surprised because Alicization arc, setting-wise at least, is actually pretty good
- top 3 of collabs group got zero from monitor and very low from HP group, which shows why I have reason to believe HP is dominated by animefags who don't even read book reviews
- everyone gets 5 votes only, so if a person has 10 series he wants to vote for, he can only choose 5, which can explain why some of the notable series may not even show up.
- one of the most hyped tensei series (mushoku) didn't even make it; I'd like to believe that even monitor group are able to be discerning enough to not vote for it Don't know for sure of course

Since collabs agree with me that Alderamin is Da Best, I'll definitely read sukasukasuka, and probably give eirun a chance as well

Last edited by larethian; 2015-11-25 at 01:03.
Old 2015-11-25, 01:38   Link #613
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

66% middle-high school girls for Monitor? Lol. Lots of zeroes under the category, most probably because they're either not animated, or the anime is not as prevalent. (but Overlord has a 0 for the Monitor for some reason...)

Kamachi works typically get 0 from the collabs, and that includes the past 2 years. (And I remember there was a phase when Narita's works typically score for a few years under collab)...only ones to score a big fat zero are Index, Aria, Baka Test, DAL and KagePro

Oregairu's HP alone would have made it second overall in the list. Alderamin's Collab points alright enough for its position.

Btw, lare, there should be a page including the top 30 for HP and top 10 for the other 2, mind scanning the page?
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-25, 01:49   Link #614
Shadow5YA

Quote:
03. Isshiki Iroha (Oregairu) ->really? Iroha?
Iroha has had more development and arguably better chemistry with Hachiman than Yukino and Yui combined in less than half the volume count
She is the next major heroine after Yui and Yukino. Also thanks to Yukino's backwards development and the group's issues since volume 7, most of the witty banter that Yukino used to do with Hachiman went to Iroha.

If anything, I'm more surprised that Yukino's ranking didn't drop further because of how she has been behaving in volume 11, but I guess either family pressure is something that hits close to home for most of the readers, or people are just too invested on finally getting to see what Yukino's past is like since the beginning of the series
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-25, 02:03   Link #615
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell_ping View Post
66% middle-high school girls for Monitor? Lol. Lots of zeroes under the category, most probably because they're either not animated, or the anime is not as prevalent. (but Overlord has a 0 for the Monitor for some reason...)

Kamachi works typically get 0 from the collabs, and that includes the past 2 years. (And I remember there was a phase when Narita's works typically score for a few years under collab)...only ones to score a big fat zero are Index, Aria, Baka Test, DAL and KagePro

Oregairu's HP alone would have made it second overall in the list. Alderamin's Collab points alright enough for its position.

Btw, lare, there should be a page including the top 30 for HP and top 10 for the other 2, mind scanning the page?
Here you go: http://imgur.com/cC5Bv02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Iroha has had more development and arguably better chemistry with Hachiman than Yukino and Yui combined in less than half the volume count
She is the next major heroine after Yui and Yukino. Also thanks to Yukino's backwards development and the group's issues since volume 7, most of the witty banter that Yukino used to do with Hachiman went to Iroha.

If anything, I'm more surprised that Yukino's ranking didn't drop further because of how she has been behaving in volume 11, but I guess either family pressure is something that hits close to home for most of the readers, or people are just too invested on finally getting to see what Yukino's past is like since the beginning of the series
Irohasu is tsundere done right, I'd say, no excessive violence
Old 2015-11-25, 04:05   Link #616
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Meh too bad Index dropped in ranking. NT 14 happened too late to make much of a difference. Hopefully next year it'll improve again. Though it was nice to see Othinus on a list of favorites even after NT 9/10 were over and done with.

I'm interested in some of the new series that did well.

I want Kamijou to eventually beat Kirito... sigh... Kirito... is an absolutely terrible character... he IS cool... but he has NO personality AT ALL, NOT IN A GOOD WAY.

Misaka won. It obviously isn't exactly deserved because of the cult, but she did have a super good appearance in NT 13 so I suppose I'm satisfied anyway.

Too many popular oregairu characters... at least it's ending so the polls won't be skewed with tons of annoying voters... (other than Misaka...)

I don't follow this stuff enough...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-25, 06:02   Link #617
theshade1

Quote:

Iroha got pushed as f**k tho. Like compared to other side characters and even some main ones. It always felt like she was there even if her characters wasn't needed at that point. I'm sure if other side characters got the same push, they'd be more popular as well.

And yeah I agree that the author definitely didn't do Yukino's characters any favour whatsoever, so no wonder she lost a lot of votes. And given the relative push of Iroha vs Yui, its not that surprising that she was on top of Yui.
theshade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-25, 14:17   Link #618
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
It is Jun alright; first book of the Saikyou series that Allen mentioned here. Artist is still 「take」 too (love her art).
So that's from there, I see. Heeehh that's Take too? It didn't see that way. I'm not a huge fan of his illustration in the volumes 1-5 of Zaregoto though. It's not bad either but...

Quote:

Yes she got a lot of "development" lately. The thing is, that development feels unnecessary for the story. Even if you removed that development from her and pushed her back as a simple plot device, this wouldn't change the story right now.
Better chemistry with Hachiman? That's a weird thing to say. As friends, yes, but that's all. And also, I'd like to remind you something. that rank 3 isn't the "third most liked character in Oregairu". It's ranked third on all LN together. For a character who has almost relevance to the plot, that's ridiculous. Well Misaka is even worse on this in Index, so can't complain, maybe...
Old 2015-11-25, 15:18   Link #619
IceHism

No one cares if iroha has relevance to the plot as of this moment. People vote for their faves and waifus, not who they think is the best rounded character. The character poll is for fun, its not anything past that. Not like you would even get a good poll as there are way too many characters to already choose from
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-25, 15:53   Link #620
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Yes she got a lot of "development" lately. The thing is, that development feels unnecessary for the story. Even if you removed that development from her and pushed her back as a simple plot device, this wouldn't change the story right now.
Better chemistry with Hachiman? That's a weird thing to say. As friends, yes, but that's all. And also, I'd like to remind you something. that rank 3 isn't the "third most liked character in Oregairu". It's ranked third on all LN together. For a character who has almost relevance to the plot, that's ridiculous. Well Misaka is even worse on this in Index, so can't complain, maybe...
Most of her development was in parallel to Hachiman's development, so I'm not sure how you can think she wasn't relevant. When Hachiman stuffed votes for the council (and in turn, hurt his relationship with Yukino), that was for Iroha.

When Hachiman was struggling to organize the Christmas festival, that was at Iroha's request. Volume 9 was the major turning point for Hachiman's character as well, where Iroha had a major role.

Quote:
I question what you believe Oregairu's focus is to begin with. Considering how either awkward or downright spiteful Hachiman is towards people, including himself, becoming geniune friends is a huge accomplishment for him. The series has always been about how Hachiman, Yukino, and Yui mature to be able to accept develop lasting, "genuine" relationships.
Iroha may not have much to do with Yukino, but when it came to Hachiman's issues with trying to shoulder every responsibility on his own, her problems with the student council were what led Hachiman to question his old methods of trying to shoulder the responsibility alone and finally start asking others for guidance.

Also, Iroha has had plenty of development hinting that while she was trying to win over Hayama, she is still steadily growing closer to Hachiman. Even if realistically she can't compete with Yukino or Yui, she has had plenty of development that readers can grow to like about her.

It's also pretty damn telling how major of a character she is with how often she shows up in the Service Club room despite not being an official member
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote