AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-03, 01:24   Link #621
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Episode 22 was epic! Ever since the Takamura VS Hawk fights where aired it was EPIC every episode! The animation and the fight sequence where crisp and fast paced and the sound now they use is the guitar rock which will get your adrenaline pumping! AWESOME/EPIC EPISODE YET AGAIN!!!
Old 2009-06-03, 03:05   Link #622
kamikazex

omg...episode 22 im speechless. simply put too awesome
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 22:36   Link #623
Sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorez View Post
It's greatfully dissapointing that K-ON has a subforum in animesuki... and then Ippo doesn't. The lack of people watching Ippo is... not really satisfying

EPICEST FIGHT EVER. Get out with your silly complainings about the speed hell effects... they were necessary, if not; I think they made a good ambience to the fight.
Im with you on that. Ippo needs a forum
Sent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 22:43   Link #624
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

There are other forums that have more dedication to Ippo, I suggest you find them. If only this Ippo thread is bombed with many post that topics overlaps that would make an Ippo sub-forum.

The thing now is to enjoy the new season since the fight is awesome!
Old 2009-06-04, 07:28   Link #625
Jarppa

Hi all, Im just wondering how many eps does this wonderful anime run this time? Is there any word out there?
Jarppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 08:15   Link #626
Blaine

Maybe 26 not sure though.
Old 2009-06-04, 09:54   Link #627
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Spoiler for EP 22:
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 10:01   Link #628
webkid90

The animation techniques we have to day would be freaking awesome in Ippo. Dosent matter though, i doubt we'd get any long running series for a while.
Old 2009-06-04, 11:05   Link #629
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Episode 23 will be MOAR epic!!! I tell you looking at the way the fight and scenes run in season2 are just plain awesome.

Ippo here in this season had 2 fights one with Hammer Nao and the fodder dude Li Chonpil who he defeated in the first round before Takamura's match. Though Iam doubting it's only 26 since we see Mashiba and Sendo on the intro.
Old 2009-06-04, 13:45   Link #630
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Episode 22 was superb.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 14:22   Link #631
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

I'm waiting for the last round of that fight. Takamura really is the strongest character in HnI. C'mon Ippo, take up your gloves and go beat the living daylights out of Martinez!

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 17:05   Link #632
gonzo562

:f rustrated:

great episode. Best episode so far
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 19:55   Link #633
kamikazex

same here man best episode so far imo.....the epic guitar BGM is finally bringing back the awesomeness of season 1 music that s2 was missing. w/out the awesome music it's just not the same or as cool. cant wait for next ep
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 06:00   Link #634
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Great fight but with the cheesiest final moments of a fight in Ippo history IMO.

Also doesn't make sense that Hawk suddenly is losing his speed and power just because Takamura is getting all angsty. Oh well. Still a great fight, even if this one is one of the ones making the least sense.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 06:09   Link #635
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Takamura is psyching the Hawk, where in which he says he can dominate the Hawk by moving forward taking this best shots and rasing his hand much like what Kamogawa said to Ippo in season1 fight with the black boxer Jason Ozuma, where to take the punches and tell yourself it's nothing, which kinda bothered Jason, which we also see in the Hajime no Ippo Champion road where Ippo is dead tired yet he pushed himself to fight Sanada.
Old 2009-06-06, 07:28   Link #636
mercury lampe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Great fight but with the cheesiest final moments of a fight in Ippo history IMO.

Also doesn't make sense that Hawk suddenly is losing his speed and power just because Takamura is getting all angsty. Oh well. Still a great fight, even if this one is one of the ones making the least sense.
Not really.

First of all, Hawk is not losing his speed. He is simply outranked by Takamura, who -as Hawk's coach himself pointed out- could be faster than the American boxer.

Secondly, and about why Takamura is suddenly winning when he was clearly being beaten up a while ago, my argument is as follows:

1. Takamura was in disadvantage because his orthodox style could not keep up with the unpredictable punches of Hawk. So, in other words, “from-the-book” techniques are useless against the American boxer.

2. But the whole point here is that the natural fighting style of Takamura does not abide by the rules either. He is like Hawk, but tamed through the discipline that coach Kamogawa has taught to him.

3. Consequently, we can say that Kamogawa boxing restricts Takamura’s potential and inborn talent, making him less capable than he really is. Thus, when the Japanese boxer breaks his chains and turns the match into a brawl, what he is really doing is to adjust the conditions from a disadvantageous setting to one where he can use his full strength and fighting instincts.

And that’s why he starts winning.

Last edited by mercury lampe; 2009-06-06 at 19:33.
mercury lampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 16:58   Link #637
ChainLegacy
廉頗

That is the explanation the series provides, but it is pretty cheesy. Like Miyata commented in an earlier episode, boxing 'evolved' from unregulated fighting, it isn't likely someone would be restricted by learning the most efficient ways to punch. In fact I was always kind of surprised Morikawa made Takamura brawl Hawk rather than continue following along with the idea that Kamogawa's boxing could take on the world.

Nonetheless it was an awesome episode, I don't want to sound like I'm complaining. Just unrealistic, is all.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 15:43   Link #638
mercury lampe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
That is the explanation the series provides, but it is pretty cheesy. Like Miyata commented in an earlier episode, boxing 'evolved' from unregulated fighting, it isn't likely someone would be restricted by learning the most efficient ways to punch. In fact I was always kind of surprised Morikawa made Takamura brawl Hawk rather than continue following along with the idea that Kamogawa's boxing could take on the world.

Nonetheless it was an awesome episode, I don't want to sound like I'm complaining. Just unrealistic, is all.
Ah but, that's a different story.

The series states that the brawling style of Hawk is superior to conventional boxing right?

Then, assuming this is true, the way Takamura is starting to win the fight by facing his opponent with equivalent weapons is not cheesy. That was the point I wanted to make clear when I replied to SuperKnuckles

But now, if you're telling me that what you are doubtful about is this very statement, then this is another discussion.

In this regard, I'd say that Hawk style could work, not because it's better than real boxing, but because it comes as something your opponent is simply not going to expect. And thus, something surprising supported by an amazing raw power and speed could be both very dangrerous and effective.
mercury lampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 16:28   Link #639
neomanxl
Sucker for moe ~_~

Send a message via AIM to neomanxl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarppa View Post
Hi all, Im just wondering how many eps does this wonderful anime run this time? Is there any word out there?
I'm also wondering this. The wikipedia entry only goes up to 26 but I don't see why they would stop the season there...
neomanxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 19:54   Link #640
Eak
One angry cloud.

Word out is that it will end in 26 episodes (which is highly likely). The sources are a few pages back..
Eak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen