AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 15 Rating
Perfect 10 17 30.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 29.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.64%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.64%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-04-25, 11:47   Link #661
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
What I want to see instead is him going through intense character development after he becomes aware that he is the cause for Misaka's breakdown and it is precisely him not taking her seriously enough and caring about how she was doing that led to her instability and issues right now.
That wasn't the case though. Misaka was having problems because of that, and it clearly showed during her fight with Salome. However remember how she said "I’m sorry. I’m sorry for wanting some excitement and wanting to leave the normal rails without knowing what that meant." It wasn't just words either. She shook off the temptation of AAA on her own. So no, it wasn't interaction or lack there of with Touma that broke her.

What broke her was the thought of something irreversibly bad happening to Touma which caused her to throw it all away in an instant. So it was entirely because of how much she cares for him.

I'm with you on really liking the novel btw. 10/10 Even the slow SoL start ended up relevant.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 14:48   Link #662
LevelSeven

Oh, yeah totally forgot: accels real name is out, can someone who knows japanese check if the 3kanji-2kanji or vice versa thing fits the name mentioned my salome?

If yes than we can assume that this was the most unspectacular “unknown name“-reveal ever
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 14:52   Link #663
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Not normally posting here but my opinion.

First, opinion on NT15. NT11-12-13-14 tho not necessarily bad on their own felt directionless and random as a whole and had the bad habit of introducing godly (literally) characters and make them die within the same novel, felt like a random chaotic wind changing with little consistency. NT15 to me gave a lot of meaning to the previous novels as well as being a way above average toaru novel imo (may as well mention I tend to like the SOL aspect of toaru). Finally feeling like we're in an actual new larger arc and not a serie of one shot novels. Salome's one of the most interesting character IMO introduced in all of toaru. Leaving aside Othinus as an extremely unique case, the only other NT character I liked as much was Thor.

Second just something. Been reading various people talking about what is making Mikoto break down. It's just my impression but in NT13 it felt like what really made her break down was Touma's validation of her as being useful and important, which made her feel that even her own self-validation existed only due to Touma, like even her feelings of self-worth were being protected by him alone and without him projecting praise on her she'd have no self-worth. Sorta like the moon wouldn't shine at night without the sun reflecting on it, and I believe this was the tipping point for her to begin her mental breakdown.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 14:55   Link #664
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

^ So in essence this is actually all Etzali's fault for having Touma promise him.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 15:26   Link #665
UsagiTenpura
Artist

^ I'd say personally that's a stretch. Misaka always was competitive and in many ways it feels like something like that was always bound to happen sooner or later.
Touma himself was considering things like guns (so becoming obsessed with the idea of being stronger) until Othinus said those words to him. Interestingly enough he may end up facing the opposite problem as he may be forced in the upcoming novels to break his ideal of "saving even people like Othinus" and use ways of fighting he normally wouldn't have before. This debate cost him a potential victory against Yuiitsu which would've also prevented Misaka from getting AAA.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 16:02   Link #666
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

I do think Kamijou has been making bad decisions lately. The whole thing with the High Priest, trusting Kamisato and all that business, and him thinking using external factors would only cut people off. Had Misaka not got involved he might just not be alive or such. And as such he failed when Yuiitsu needs her 'Illusions" broken and get back on the true path of Romance!

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2016-04-25, 16:52   Link #667
Rreelentless

god damn that was a good volume for me. one thing though is i thought anti art attachment which misaka connected to was pretty much a conduit for aleister to kill the magic gods through?
Rreelentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 18:13   Link #668
Last_Aeon
I'm a boy, enough?

I like how every novel that seems random up till now suddenly got relevant to the story and we start to see the big picture. Like in OT, things are starting to come together.
Last_Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 19:42   Link #669
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

But isn't the connection more evident and straightforward in OT? Kamachi in OT didn't write seemingly random stories (barring SS and SS2) just to write another volume that would connect those loose ends (barring OT20-22).
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 20:40   Link #670
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
But isn't the connection more evident and straightforward in OT? Kamachi in OT didn't write seemingly random stories (barring SS and SS2) just to write another volume that would connect those loose ends (barring OT20-22).
Of course it was.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 21:17   Link #671
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Perhaps we'll start seeing volumes with more coherency?
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 21:41   Link #672
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Ok, so is it just me or is Kamachi being inconsistent or is it because it wouldn't have mattered.
Kamachi has Touma feel as if using a weapon or martial arts would just cut off people or w/e.
But back in NT13 he had been pretty fucking brutal in trying to stop the High Priest or w/e.
Using a Helicopter's propellers and a wire to spin him around and around hitting the asphalt.

Old 2016-04-25, 21:45   Link #673
BladeMancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
Ok, so is it just me or is Kamachi being inconsistent or is it because it wouldn't have mattered.
Kamachi has Touma feel as if using a weapon or martial arts would just cut off people or w/e.
But back in NT13 he had been pretty fucking brutal in trying to stop the High Priest or w/e.
Using a Helicopter's propellers and a wire to spin him around and around hitting the asphalt.
I think he forgets about that when he's in really high levels of distress. He's batshit afraid of magic gods.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
Old 2016-04-25, 23:22   Link #674
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
I think he forgets about that when he's in really high levels of distress. He's batshit afraid of magic gods.
No Othinus did not say the stuff which Touma about how he should fight until after High Priest dead in the beginning of NT14

Last edited by DragonXX; 2016-04-25 at 23:53.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 23:25   Link #675
zaikoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
He know High Priest is able to survive that brutal hit so it is not a problem.
zaikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 23:29   Link #676
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaikoi View Post
If that was the reason, he could have used the UL exploder in a non-lethal way like Yuiitsu did. I think the real reason is that none of those things were weapons. Othinus was talking about things invented specifically to harm others and using them as such, even if it isn't lethal. It isn't like she told him not to take advantage of his surroundings.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 23:30   Link #677
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaikoi View Post
You say that, but the possibilities of others surviving by Touma used a Gun or a Knife could still happen too. So the only thing that remains is that Kamachi probably never wants Touma to ever use anything but his right fist basically. Otherwise then, Touma would 'Stop being a normal highschool boy'.

Old 2016-04-25, 23:34   Link #678
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

What's wrong being a not normal high school boy?
It's like he hadn't stopped being one long ago.

This restriction against Touma getting weapons is becoming irrational, really.
That or Kamachi is forcing Touma to use his right hand beyond the functionality frequently used.
But I'm sure there are better ways to get that outcome, right?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2016-04-25, 23:39   Link #679
BladeMancer

Quote:
What's wrong being a not normal high school boy?
It's like he hadn't stopped being one long ago.

This restriction against Touma getting weapons is becoming irrational, really.
That or Kamachi is forcing Touma to use his right hand beyond the functionality frequently used.
But I'm sure there are better ways to get that outcome, right?
Just like Batman with guns? He could get rid of crime faster, but he does not do so. His parents dying by a gun are part of the reason, he realizes that if he slips past that barrier, there will be no going back. And he does use lethal force like guns if he knows the opponent can handle it, such as Darkseid.
Old 2016-04-25, 23:41   Link #680
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Just like Batman with guns?
Batman was a bad example. He became a FUCKING GOD in one instance.
Also, his Batmobile had guns in most movie incarnations.