AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 8 17.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 14.89%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 40.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 12.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-05, 08:13   Link #681
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Did you seriously think that I was serious about that post, despite all the subtle indications that I wasn't?
Unfortunately, your definition of subtle seems to be equivalent to my definition of invisible. So sorry for not seeing it, Sith Lord with new clothes.
Old 2007-08-05, 08:23   Link #682
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Unfortunately, your definition of subtle seems to be equivalent to my definition of invisible. So sorry for not seeing it, Sith Lord with new clothes.

Yeah, you're right, I was lying

I know you were kidding of course, but I was just saying as well
Old 2007-08-05, 09:02   Link #683
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
surely the time skip was already a big surprise to set up StrikerS, but OVAs to tell the teenage life of the 3 Aces before StrikerS would be interesting to see.
Although Nanoha would be the one to have the more interesting past life to see, as she did get ambushed 2 years after A's, I don't know if this would be a good idea other than to animate out what happened to Nanoha and such.
Would it? In the span of a 10 year growth phase, that incident would be all of one episode long. That leaves plenty of time to deal with the others.

Personally, I don't want an anime. There's no way they can find enough money to create enough episodes to even demi-adequately cover ten years. However, the same area can be covered in 5 manga or so if they are clever in writing the storyboards, so...
Old 2007-08-05, 09:26   Link #684
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

What to do with big holes in the story (due to lack of screen-time)?

Sound stages. The MSLN series have been using those to fill gaps here and there since the first season.

Manga, as arkhangelsk has pointed out above.

OVAs... I personally hope they'll make one, but only for the Aces' adolescent years. I want my Fate-in-seifuku, thank you.

Novels. Ahhh. This is, imho, the ultimate weapon. Tsuzuki-san only need to make sure that he don't do too much retcons, and get everyone all confused over the details.

Signature by liro
Old 2007-08-05, 09:47   Link #685
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Sound stages. The MSLN series have been using those to fill gaps here and there since the first season.
Well, technically, that's true to most forms of multi-level media. Gundam is the perfect example of branching-gap-filling-over-various-degrees over the decades.

But I don't think those generally apply to 'small' holes. There are mild fears that those holes would be unnecessarily bigger this season, and likewise, even if those holes are covered elsewhere, people want to be at least satisfied in the end.

I mean, no one really cares if holes like "the mission where Knights protect Midget", how EXACTLY Rein was born and the situation revolving around it, character-building for characters that has little to no presence in the large picture, etc don't get covered in the anime. These are small, non-plot related holes that don't tie in strongly to the build-up large picture.

Character backstories for Vice too for example... it can be filled elsewhere, but I found the development within the anime and the pay-off...imbalanced, considering he's 95% out of the story, most likely. It didn't really serve for anything, other than give Teana an impression her character wasn't completely static after her arc was over.

Well, at this point, the biggest fears of holes are LAZ, Vivio, the last prophecy bits, Relics and Jail/Numbers-tachi. Any BIG holes on these plot-important characters and devices... well, are dangerous. At the very least, stuff like Quint's vague death can be dealt with elsewhere, but not these.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-05, 09:50   Link #686
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
You're forgeting one more (im)possible choice... or it can be considered a variation of Novel.

- ADV game, on whatever port they choose to. MGLN is once again going back to origin!
(If it's going to be 18x, I'm all SOLD! )
Old 2007-08-05, 09:59   Link #687
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
- ADV game, on whatever port they choose to. MGLN is once again going back to origin!
Barring an OC created in the OC Thread to serve the afterstated function , where is the in-canon Harem "Hero" to "star" in such a game?
Old 2007-08-05, 10:04   Link #688
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Barring an OC created in the OC Thread to serve the afterstated function , where is the in-canon Harem "Hero" to "star" in such a game?
They'll come up with somebody generic enough for the players to associate themselves with, obviously.
Old 2007-08-05, 11:46   Link #689
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Well how about Lutecia, Agito, and Zest...I wonder if they'll be spared or just simply die out of the final battle...hmmm
LUTECIA MUST LIVE!!!!
Because she has a thing for Erio and a love triangle between them and Caro would be fun

Zest will either die, or will retire, since he's not in good shape

As for Agito, she probably live too, to be Rein's rival (instead of arch-enemy)

Quote:
Erio-kun awakens! j/k
Old 2007-08-05, 12:46   Link #690
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
They'll come up with somebody generic enough for the players to associate themselves with, obviously.
Actually, you can use Chrono. Chrono is a very flexible character. He's elite enough to realistically be with our aces (and historically is), but compared to them he's still average. He has just enough pluses to be a realistic support (honestly, more realistic than most male leads in ADVs) but still average enough to appeal to the audience. His actions can even be interpreted as kind, you know, that only advantage that most 18+ ADVs have. Tweak him a bit and he's the perfect character!

I'd prefer SLG, though. Would be fun to see what kind of interface they'd come up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
As for Agito, she probably live too, to be Rein's rival (instead of arch-enemy)
I can see some very childish, very cute scenes b/w the two of them, since they are really almost the same mental age. I never quite figured why Agito hates Rein. OK, so she has a nice Lord. But you seem to like your partner too? You had some tough times obviously but that's not Rein's fault - even if rage is irrational, there are no vectors for her to direct that at Rein.
Old 2007-08-06, 03:23   Link #691
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
I never quite figured why Agito hates Rein. OK, so she has a nice Lord. But you seem to like your partner too? You had some tough times obviously but that's not Rein's fault - even if rage is irrational, there are no vectors for her to direct that at Rein.
Since there's no other Unison Device around to take the blame, it has to be Rein
I also think Agito can't use magic,at least I haven't seen her using a Belka triangle for a spell...all she does is shoot fire balls or enchant Zest's glaive with fire.
Old 2007-08-06, 04:31   Link #692
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
You're forgeting one more (im)possible choice... or it can be considered a variation of Novel.

You, sir, will make the NxF, NxY and all their fellow rabid shippers go to war with each other !

But yeah, you're right. How could I have forgotten about the gaming industry?! RPGs and VNs for me though.

Signature by liro
Old 2007-08-06, 06:01   Link #693
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
You, sir, will make the NxF, NxY and all their fellow rabid shippers go to war with each other !
I seriously hope not, cause if things go official...

Quote:
But yeah, you're right. How could I have forgotten about the gaming industry?! RPGs and VNs for me though.
I vote for a game system similar to Galaxy Angel!

Sure I haven't played it myself, but it looks really cool!
Old 2007-08-06, 06:28   Link #694
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
I vote for a game system similar to Galaxy Angel!

Sure I haven't played it myself, but it looks really cool!
Whatever it is, please make it for PC, not some money-sucking console!
Old 2007-08-06, 06:49   Link #695
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Whatever it is, please make it for PC, not some money-sucking console!
You kidding? The most important thing is the damn english subtitles!
Old 2007-08-06, 07:06   Link #696
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
You kidding? The most important thing is the damn english subtitles!
As if they'd actually bother.

Well, maybe if Nanoha turns out to be as successful in the respective regions of the world like how Sailor Moon once did, then perhaps. Otherwise, I can't see it actually materializing.

Not that a Nanoha-verse VN/ADV/etc has much chance of appearing anyway...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-06, 09:10   Link #697
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Well, fan-made VNs might not be an impossibility, given the appropriate tools required can more or less be found in the 'Net IIRC and the fan-aticism... ahem, I mean, enthusiasm necessary to see things through.

But a MSLN RPG would be sweet imho .

Signature by liro
Old 2007-08-06, 10:04   Link #698
Jimmy C

Except that fan-made VNs will not fill in canon gaps since they won't be official material.
Old 2007-08-06, 16:20   Link #699
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Except that fan-made VNs will not fill in canon gaps since they won't be official material.
But at the same time, it doesn't necessarily mean they would turn out bad.

Also, look at the 'Nano' series, it's fan-made but how many people didn't mind taking it as canon?
Old 2007-09-05, 22:46   Link #700
aers
*Fansubber

ye olde subs
Closed Thread