AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-24, 11:23   Link #681
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I still think a 45 minute with 3 shorts is a good idea. No strip is long enough for over 20 minute, which is the minium for am anime movie (think digimon). Some movies are made in this format, where different directors takes differerent approach to a common theme. But in this case, it's probally the same director. I'm thinking the strips of war for America, War of Austrian Succession and Valentines Strip would be perfect.

The other option is to get Himaruya to expand on a strip, and make it darker and edgier. Not sure would that work well with fangirls, but I would welcome a more 'emo' Hetalia.

Also they REALLY REALLY REALLY got to change the character designs a little. The colour scheme is awful for an anime, I know they're trying make it similar to Himaruya's style, but it really doesn't work for an anime, it's called an adaption. This style just wouldn't cut it for a movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qooTuR8l8Q0

This MAD has the right colour scheme, something looking like this would be nice. The current style makes the characters look really stiff, they can alter the design a little bit so it looks more like conventional anime. Do Studio DEEN really don't know how to adapt styles for anime? Look at the first season of Higurashi...

Oh I expect a good budget for this. Seriously. At least Toei's Pretty Cure movie budget. They probally earned enough from the DVD sales for a decent budget without losing money overall.

We forgot one last resort for a movie...RECAP MOVIE. I'll cry if they did the same as Munto Movie, 1 minute extra footage...
Old 2009-09-24, 11:49   Link #682
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
Lol, that video totally cracked me up. And Studio Deen animates Hetalia? Huh I forgot that, could explain some of the quality, and god forbid we have another Munto. NO, just NO, so much potential and soooo much waste.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 12:17   Link #683
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

You know, sometimes I just wish Hetalia was animated by Shaft+Shinbo. It would have been pretty awesome looking, something looking like Hidamari Sketch would be extremely pretty. KyoAni working on Hetalia would keep Studio Deen's 'animated version of the webcomic' but adding awesome animation.
Old 2009-09-24, 16:04   Link #684
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Slightly off topic but I found this vocaloid song that had been put to Hetalia, it's Austria and Prussia arguing over who gets Germany and I swear that's the most history laden song I have seen since "We Didn't Start the Fire." Link!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 20:06   Link #685
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:

The search tag for seiyuu guess work for niconico is 'APH声ネタ' and the first video is http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3609870. Thank god I didn't close the tabs for those yet. You need an account for niconico.

Mizuki Nana or Horie Yui should voice fem!England, for my absolute biased fangirling.
Thanks a lot :3.

I just read the news about that movie. Marvelous~
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 11:04   Link #686
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Russia and China's version of Marukaite Chikyuu is so ADORABLE. Especially Russia's version with his yan-ness and kolkolkolkolkol.

China's version is extremely chinese, it sounds exactly who the 12 girls Band would actually play. 12 girls band are 13 girls (yes, I know it's ironic) who plays traditional chinese instruments and was some what popular in Japan. But the instrumental part in China's version was really good, sounds a bit too epic for the song 'CHUGOKU ARUYO'
Old 2009-09-26, 06:11   Link #687
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

News!!!

Hetalia is going to have a movie version!!! Expected to air 2010. Also, 3rd book is coming out too.
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 10:23   Link #688
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Other good news. Hetalia volume 4 DVD out sold Haruhi on its 2nd day!

It must be the back lash from endless eight. But who cares...
Old 2009-09-26, 12:01   Link #689
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Even though the animation is restricted to net broadcast by you-know-what reason, its products are real sellers..........considering it only has 5 minutes twice a week.......
Old 2009-09-26, 13:29   Link #690
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Hetalia prints money. The first 3 DVDs all sold 24k. All character singles up to now was on top 20 oricon charts. Japan and England reached 9 and 6 respectively. England's chara single sold 33k...and I contributed 1 copy...lol. Ore-sama CD sold around 20k too, and that's just a drama CD with 1 song.

It's 5 minutes per week. I wish it was 10 minutes a week.
Old 2009-09-26, 16:02   Link #691
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

oh.my.gawd. Canada is waaaaaaaaay to darn cute I loved them arguing but you only saw the tops of their heads!! Wow France is shorter then Id thought based on all of them standing next to eachother when Canada comes in.

OMG ENGLAND!! Him screaming at France = LOL

Switzerland, Im so gar for you~~~
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 16:07   Link #692
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Switzerland, Im so gay for you~~~
& there's my version.
Old 2009-09-26, 16:09   Link #693
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& there's my version.

Btw full vers of China's Maru Kaite Chikyuu IS SO FREAKING AWESOME!! I like Russia's too but China's is super special awesome!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-09-26, 23:26   Link #694
suka-pon-tan

Quote:
Hetalia prints money. The first 3 DVDs all sold 24k. All character singles up to now was on top 20 oricon charts. Japan and England reached 9 and 6 respectively. England's chara single sold 33k...and I contributed 1 copy...lol. Ore-sama CD sold around 20k too, and that's just a drama CD with 1 song.

Comics sold 900k total....this is just...madness. I hope Hetalia stay in underground,
but it seems we can not hold them any longer.
Well, I love to see 'ordinary people' shows "WTH? this anime thing came out of nowhere" face
when Hetalia character CD pop up to music ranking charts
suka-pon-tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 00:21   Link #695
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I look forward to Sealand's version of Maru Kaite Chikyuu...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 02:56   Link #696
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:

Nope. It's broadcasted on Tuesdays and Saturdays, each 5 minutes.

Now the Koreans are nashing their teeth again, about the Movie. I really hope KID STATION do not cave in to their pressure...........Hetalia must go on!
Old 2009-09-27, 05:13   Link #697
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

It's definately five minute a week. It's broadcast in mobile/cell (darn you american english) phone first on Fridays, then the internet version on Mondays. Both episode is the same, the mobile version has lower quality, but has no stamp on it.

Despite I'm a fan myself, I still find it crazy on how well Hetalia sold. It's pretty much the 'new' Haruhi for girls/fujoshi. I even heard there's a rise in fujoshis lately, because of Hetalia. I'm definately one of them, I never went and LOOK for yaoi/shounen-ai till Hetalia came into my life.

Remember, the first DVD sold 8k in the first week. 8k is above average, but since volume 2, the DVDs does about 16-19k in the first week. There's only 2 months difference between first and second DVD, it gained that much more fans. Hetalia seriously came out of no where. It's not a genius idea, personalficatioon of countries has been around for years, the manga art is pretty average and the anime was made pretty cheaply. Last but not least, the manga was a webcomic, it probally had no promotion other then word of mouth. It's not like a Shounen Jump manga, where it'll bound to get some sort of readership.

Is there any westen webcomic got animated? Just wondering....because Hetalia is what you call a web-comic-artist-dream-come-true.
Old 2009-09-28, 09:54   Link #698
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

That explains it. Yeah you are right Shoujo no Star........it's like a 5 second commercial outselling a 30 sec advertisement......
Old 2009-09-29, 04:42   Link #699
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 36: Manga and Ice cream.

& why the hell was an Alien following America around?
Old 2009-09-29, 10:08   Link #700
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& why the hell was an Alien following America around?
I believe its a running joke, the alien has a name but I forgot it. England has his unicorns and fairies (and yokai) US has his alien

Nihon is so flipping cute...I really don't want to turn into someone who ships a character with everyone else but he and US are adorable together
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Tags
comedy