AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-15, 20:05   Link #741
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Finally had a window of opportunity to watch the 5th episode.

It was humorous to see Ayano almost speechless after her friends outdone her. Did she realize she was wearing a short skirt when she decided to climb that pole in public? And her imagination...the girl's not as innocent as she looks... (but us fangirls have to thank her for allowing us to see a shirtless Kazuma ).

When Kazuma commented on how weak her brother was and how he was partly to blame for his death, I believe Kazuma purposely stoked Misao's fire (pun not intended) for two purposes: (1) to make her reveal her intentions (ie, knife) and (2) to make her hate him as a way to punish himself for making her sad and/or letting her brother die - and also, allowing her to continue to hate him may be a way he's repaying her (not the best repayment he could do but that's probably how Kazuma thinks). When Kazuma said that he was partly to blame for her brother's death I believe he actually meant it wholeheartedly. It doesn't appear to be Kazuma's intention to have any of the Kannagi members killed, despite his own hatred against the family. Also, I get the impression that when he is unable to protect someone, he feels an even greater sense of the word weakness (a feeling which probably connects back to that girl in the flashbacks).

I am glad to see, and slightly surprised how quickly it came about, Ayano's trust in Kazuma.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 20:10   Link #742
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
True that without Kazuma the show would die along with him, but I'm not too worried about that. It wouldn't hurt for Kazuma to lose or just clearly need someone to help him out. But he is probably too powerful to ever lose, since whatever could beat him would have to be impressive.

I don't think its Ayano being that weak. Just that when you stand her beside Kazuma you can clearly see the difference in power. If she can get more control then the size of that difference will shrink.

Yeah interesting that Ayano's imagination decided to put Kazuma shirtless. Her imagination was getting a work out, first with Kirika coming out of that place with Kazuma and then with Misao. Well I can see how her trust came about. When someone pretty much brings you back from the dead you give them their due. Plus she knows that Kazuma is at a higher level than her so that can be part of where that respect and trust would come from.
Old 2007-05-15, 20:31   Link #743
Hyouzan
Fujiko's lap pillow <3

^there's plenty of other ways to lose but still retaining dignity and doesn't necessarily leads to the usual shonen circle ( getting owned==>train hard==>beat the enemy==>and getting owned again with far more powerful ones==>train and so on )

like positional disadvantages, bad timing(sneak attacks), and distractions and such....so the enemy doesn't even have to be stronger than him (though it'll suck if they are far weaker, so i prefer them to be equals or with narrow margins of difference in power/skill )
i'd so love to see kazuma in a bad shape after getting pwnd for a change

ayano definitely had a crush on kazuma indeed if she's so intent on stalking him when it doesn't really concern her
and her imagination...i wouldn't mind seeing that a liitle more often no...not for the shirtless kazuma
Hyouzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 21:20   Link #744
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyouzan View Post
like positional disadvantages, bad timing(sneak attacks), and distractions and such....so the enemy doesn't even have to be stronger than him (though it'll suck if they are far weaker, so i prefer them to be equals or with narrow margins of difference in power/skill )
i'd so love to see kazuma in a bad shape after getting pwnd for a change
Spoiler for novel vol. 2:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 21:53   Link #745
lightbringer
M9000

Spoiler for Juugo's problem:
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 00:49   Link #746
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ new guy? i see sparks already
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 04:01   Link #747
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

wish they wont end the second arc too quickly(or in the next episode), coz that would mean a shorter lifespan for this series XD
Spoiler for XD:
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 05:12   Link #748
lightbringer
M9000

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-16, 05:57   Link #749
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaerstan01 View Post
Spoiler for XD:
Old 2007-05-16, 08:03   Link #750
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

@lightbringer

lol, i might get more than what i asked for =P ok! i believe you! lol

@guppy

OMFGWTF!!! need some spoiler management here!!! lol nice one guppy!^^
Spoiler for =P:
feed me more, feed me more! <3
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 09:15   Link #751
Kabitzin
1/3 of the Sea Slugs Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
When Kazuma commented on how weak her brother was and how he was partly to blame for his death, I believe Kazuma purposely stoked Misao's fire (pun not intended) for two purposes: (1) to make her reveal her intentions (ie, knife) and (2) to make her hate him as a way to punish himself for making her sad and/or letting her brother die - and also, allowing her to continue to hate him may be a way he's repaying her (not the best repayment he could do but that's probably how Kazuma thinks). When Kazuma said that he was partly to blame for her brother's death I believe he actually meant it wholeheartedly. It doesn't appear to be Kazuma's intention to have any of the Kannagi members killed, despite his own hatred against the family. Also, I get the impression that when he is unable to protect someone, he feels an even greater sense of the word weakness (a feeling which probably connects back to that girl in the flashbacks).
Kazuma seems pretty calculating in most of his actions, aside from the occasional sappiness towards his immediate family. I'm pretty sure he is trying to help Misao in some way with his taunts, because whenever he taunts scrubs that he doesn't care about, the taunts are rather generic (before he knocks them out).

Also, from flashbacks of the girl who is leaking blood, I would guess that Kazuma has not forgotten what it means to be weak, and his criticism of Misao's brother for being weak may also be directed at himself in a way.
Kabitzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 09:30   Link #752
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabitzin View Post
Also, from flashbacks of the girl who is leaking blood, I would guess that Kazuma has not forgotten what it means to be weak, and his criticism of Misao's brother for being weak may also be directed at himself in a way.
usagijen and I already discussed this earlier in the thread - that section of dialogue was severely cut in the transition from novel to anime, losing most of its former meaning.

Old 2007-05-16, 10:32   Link #753
lightbringer
M9000

Guppy, you're spilling the beans like there's no tomorrow. Very nice =)
Old 2007-05-16, 10:39   Link #754
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I love how he points out all the flaws in the Kannagis and then does not worry, because at the moment none of them can stop him.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 10:44   Link #755
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
usagijen and I already discussed this earlier in the thread - that section of dialogue was severely cut in the transition from novel to anime, losing most of its former meaning.

and also the fact that this is his revenge for him getting kiked out of the family...it may not be killing everybody but making the point hit home that he is no longer a weakling must really tick the branch family off (sweet sweet revenge in his eyes )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 11:23   Link #756
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Finally had a window of opportunity to watch the 5th episode.

It was humorous to see Ayano almost speechless after her friends outdone her. Did she realize she was wearing a short skirt when she decided to climb that pole in public? And her imagination...the girl's not as innocent as she looks... (but us fangirls have to thank her for allowing us to see a shirtless Kazuma ).

I am glad to see, and slightly surprised how quickly it came about, Ayano's trust in Kazuma.
LOL... yeah, have to thank Ayano and her 'fertile' imagination XDDD
and about that 'climbing up the pole' stalking... From what I can remember, it's not really shown in the novels... the anime made Ayano look worse, even this jealousy o_O

I'm glad to see how Ayano's trust on Kazuma came about too... it's even more entertaining in the novel where it's actually mentioned how Ayano got attracted to Kazuma, despite her having a "father complex" (according to her friends... :P) it's in the novel comparison I made for this episode for anyone who wants to know about that part... reading about these fun stuff (that the anime omitted ><)makes KnS all the more fun XD

Ayano's friends sure is a great addition to spicing up the fun in KnS...
I've done a little reading on the KnS Ignition novels (the short stories), and I found this part where
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabitzin View Post
Kazuma has not once forgotten what it means to be weak, hence his usual 'nightmares' regarding his past 'weak' self. This is clearly seen in the novels, as it clearly narrates Kazuma's thoughts... and of course the girl in that past is someone he can never forget
Spoiler:

Last edited by usagijen; 2007-05-16 at 11:56.
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 13:35   Link #757
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Whos the better subber?
I like translation notes with as close as you can get it dialog.

Can someone help me out please ^^ I dont have the time to download 3X 2 eps to see whos flow better *L*
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 13:41   Link #758
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I only tried Anime Yoshi and Shinsen-Subs so far.
Anime Yoshi is the fastest fansub group for KnS, but doesn't drop the quality (i'm really impressed how they can keep quality, resolution with that speed and especially file size)
They tend to keep japanese terms, which isn't bad at all, with some T/N. (though, hahaue, instead of "mother" is kinda "too" exaggerated to keep in japanese, well XD)

the only nitpicking is some "slang" (pretty rare however), and the summoning translation of Enraiha ("ideo" shouldn't be translated as "come forth!" "i summon you" instead of materialise?), probably much personal preference anyway.

Shinsen-Subs are pretty neat, with smoother font and encoding, but they are rather slow, considering the HUGE amount of anime they are subbing.
Old 2007-05-16, 13:46   Link #759
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

KnS ep06 thread on 2chan:
Spoiler for 2chan thread link:

Do NOT spread the 2chan link.
If you are to quote my post, then please ERASE THE URLS.

If you want to (re)post screenshots from 2chan, then reload them on Imageshack and copy the new link. Do NOT direct-link. 2chan pics last a few hours only and are eventually erased from the servers...and the broken url consequently leads to pages full of questionable advertisements.

I'll erase the url in a few hours (at least until the first raw pops up you-know-where) so save it somewhere while you still can.

EDIT: link removed. First raw is available you know where.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-05-17 at 02:24. Reason: Link removal due to appearance of first raw torrent for ep6
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 13:54   Link #760
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I only tried Anime Yoshi and Shinsen-Subs so far.
Anime Yoshi is the fastest fansub group for KnS, but doesn't drop the quality (i'm really impressed how they can keep quality, resolution with that speed and especially file size)
They tend to keep japanese terms, which isn't bad at all, with some T/N. (though, hahaue, instead of "mother" is kinda "too" exaggerated to keep in japanese, well XD)

the only nitpicking is some "slang" (pretty rare however), and the summoning translation of Enraiha ("ideo" shouldn't be translated as "come forth!" "i summon you" instead of materialise?), probably much personal preference anyway.

Shinsen-Subs are pretty neat, with smoother font and encoding, but they are rather slow, considering the HUGE amount of anime they are subbing.
Thank you *bows*

I can stand odd nuances in fan subs better than the Americanizations in domestic DVDs while some have come a long way since the 90s some of the older ones have fallen into trends and marketing to get new viewers.

I might be overly picky too *L*
I suck :X
Off to to try Anime Yoshi ^0^
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen