AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-05-25, 05:37   Link #7721
kari-no-sugata II

There's a big difference between a god who is capable but lazy and one who is incapable and either idle or uselessly energetic...
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-25, 11:25   Link #7722
kari-no-sugata II

Past Arc 9 is out in raw.

Two halves: more insight into Sariel's thinking about how to save humans... and Potimas's inventions (infinite energy supply and life-span extension) are now being publicly discussed.

Still no idea what MA Energy actually is.
Old 2017-05-26, 00:44   Link #7723
Gimmesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
There's a big difference between a god who is capable but lazy and one who is incapable and either idle or uselessly energetic...
do you still think that one still deserve to be called god? lol
Gimmesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-26, 09:44   Link #7724
kari-no-sugata II

Translation for "Past Arc 9" is up.

Poor Sariel, trying to make sense of humans...

And the various problems she has noticed are completely unrelated to the second half about Potimas's discoveries. Yep, totally.
Old 2017-05-26, 20:57   Link #7725
Amuris

hmmm, well, if you were a god, wouldn't you become a NEET too? I probably would be most of the time. You probably wouldn't have needs that society is necessary to fullfil so you wouldn't need to force yourself to work regularly. I would basically go off and do whatever I want, whenever. I would probably still train and study a lot, but a NEET who exercises and reads books is still a NEET (since the meaning refers to whether you are working or preparing to work).
Old 2017-06-01, 08:09   Link #7726
kari-no-sugata II

Past Arc 10 is out in raw.

Not much happens - just Gyurie and Foddway playing "chess", though he seems to accept Gyurie in the end.
Old 2017-06-01, 09:19   Link #7727
kari-no-sugata II

Also a new post from the author, talking about LN6 and V3 of the manga. About how there's no humans on the LN covers (Gyurigyuri confirmed to be on LN6).

Also, seems rate of release is going to be slow for June and July but might get one update a week. Maybe.
Old 2017-06-02, 01:09   Link #7728
Tcol

So the last one to expect is ShiRou?
Tcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-02, 18:53   Link #7729
kari-no-sugata II

Translation for "Past Arc 10" is up now.

Bit more interesting now that I properly understand it. I wonder what Gyurie will understand once he properly meets and talks with Sariel. Maybe he'll understand why Foddway thinks she needs to change.
Old 2017-06-05, 06:48   Link #7730
kari-no-sugata II

Here's a theory...

We still don't know what MA Energy and MA Area really are. We do know that somehow worlds can create "angels" who protect the planet. As far as we know this only occurs on inhabited worlds (but that is unconfirmed). So what allows a world to create angels? Are some/most worlds inherently special and that's why people are living there... or is it the other way around and that people living in a world causes it to become special over time?

I think it's the latter. When someone dies their soul gets recycled but the energy within the soul is released. If "energy in the soul" = "MA Energy" then what happens to that energy? How about it collects around the planet the person was on (instead of simply drifting off into space). With enough people / living creatures dying over time and the build up of MA Energy around a planet then an MA Area forms. Essentially the planet has evolved and can now produce angels. Also, once you have such a planet then it is probably attractive to other gods - they can probably feed on the ambient MA Energy.

Okay, this still doesn't explain what they are really, more like explaining some of the effects.

It's also possible that a planet has a default/base amount of MA Energy anyway. Or alternatively, perhaps planets have an MA Area by default and that enables the collection of MA Energy.
Old 2017-06-05, 08:20   Link #7731
EvilSociopath323

I really would like to see Joker in this story. Sariel was made to meet someone like Joker. Well maybe she'll meet him in her next life. (Sariel wanting to save everyone and Joker wanting to kill everyone including himself would make for good chemistry)

That and there is no proper villain in this story. Po is lacking. (though his debut in the LN was quite the thing)
EvilSociopath323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-05, 09:33   Link #7732
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSociopath323 View Post
I really would like to see Joker in this story. Sariel was made to meet someone like Joker. Well maybe she'll meet him in her next life. (Sariel wanting to save everyone and Joker wanting to kill everyone including himself would make for good chemistry)

That and there is no proper villain in this story. Po is lacking. (though his debut in the LN was quite the thing)
Well, this is a series that doesn't do conventional "heroes" and "villains". Shiro is closer to being the villain overall - what with her plan to save the world while destroying human civilisation. She's pretty much "chaotic neutral" with The Joker being "chaotic evil". Though Potimas has directly or indirectly caused more damage.

Shiro expects that she might have to fight Gyurie. Sariel could also become an antagonist depending upon her situation when she's revived. Shiro and Sariel are the closest to being true opposites in terms of alignment.
Old 2017-06-06, 02:57   Link #7733
gn_X00

coming from this author, MA might be an anagram that actually mean something
Old 2017-06-06, 06:49   Link #7734
kari-no-sugata II

I've wondered if "MA Energy" could mean something like "magecraft activation energy".
Old 2017-06-07, 02:38   Link #7735
Gimmesum

or just simply "magic art energy"
Gimmesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-07, 02:53   Link #7736
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

or just 魔 in all caps lol.
Old 2017-06-07, 07:51   Link #7737
EvilSociopath323

The author really does tease us with the 'MA', eh? If you think about it the reveal has been pushed further away for ages. Either it's a big really important reveal or it's again something like the chuuni spiders and their prophecies and we are just being mislead into having far too high expectations. Anyway speculating like this is fun too. I'd too go with magic activation energy.
Old 2017-06-07, 08:54   Link #7738
kari-no-sugata II

I think "Kumoko" first knew about MA Energy, MA Area etc from Taboo (or maybe Taboo combined with Wisdom), so it's been quite a long time.

It seems (though isn't confirmed) that Potimas came up with the actual "MA" term, so maybe that's why the explanation of it has been delayed - perhaps the author always wanted to reveal what it means and what it represents as part of the Past Arc because that's when it's most significant.
Old 2017-06-08, 10:34   Link #7739
EvilSociopath323

Well, you can look up kumo LN6 on bookwalker now, at least for the pics. I was interested in how the others will call Shiro now if not as Wakaba since the whole Shiro-nickname thing began with Shiro not wanting to be called with D's name but it got ignored and Ariel just gave Shiro her nickname on a whim. Don't know if Shiro did some reflexion here on the difference between her self-perception and that she actually looks good in real life or not, though it would be a pity if not. Ronant gets his own POV's called R and it seems he has quite a bit space for himself in the story now. It seems that the story ends before Shiro becomes a god, at least judging from the chapter titles.
Old 2017-06-08, 10:35   Link #7740
Breimn

New LN vol is out. Is it just me or did they lower quality of illustrations? Cover itself looks fine but not the other color illustrations. Even tried checking both amazon and bookwalker to compare samples.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, non-human mc, reincarnation