AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2019-03-27, 17:14   Link #7741
Garn

Yes, althought Death Mage has almost everything the harem is practically there just for decoration, like the queen bee, which at the end of her incubation was like 0 interaction later, has almost no romance.
Authors make non-human characters hide nearly all non-human characteristics (or all), which makes it useless for the characters to be non-human.
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-28, 11:31   Link #7742
zztop

Has anyone read 失格から始める成り上がり魔導師道!~呪文開発ときどき戦記~ yet? It's by Gamei Hitsuji, author of Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru.
Looks to be one of those "reincarnated memories in fantasy world + powerless noble MC who is shunned by family" stories.
https://ncode.syosetu.com/n6362fe/

I heard he's writing this to fill the time until Overlap resolves their delay of releasing Vol 9 of Isekai Mahou.

Also, this is one of my favourite WNs at the moment, 死にやすい公爵令嬢と七人の貴公子.
https://ncode.syosetu.com/n8204cp/

The plot foundation is otome isekai, but the style and execution is dark adventure + mystery, atmosphere is like later Harry Potter novels. Not a lot of romance, but there are 2 possible love interests for now.

Updates can be slow at times, although I hear this author is more meticulous in their story planning than most WN authors.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-28, 20:02   Link #7743
Garn

勇者に滅ぼされるだけの簡単なお仕事です
Reading the first arc, not only never made me have expectations, made me regret giving it a chance.
I do not know if it improves later but seeing in NU revs (which is not that they are very reliable) this worsens.
Old 2019-03-29, 02:21   Link #7744
wuhugm
Confused Shark

奴隷が欲しいので赤ん坊を育てた
I Want a Slave so I Raise a Baby

Not Nocturne and has comedy tag
I bet many people think this is just another clickbait title for a wholesome story
But it's not
This is a depraved novel of baby banging
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-29, 15:26   Link #7745
runset

勇者にみんな寝取られたけど諦めずに戦おう。きっと最後は俺が勝つ。
Everyone is being NTR-ed by the Hero, but let's fight without giving up. Surely I will win in the end.

Novel by satou. I accidentally clicked my bookmark of this series that i read last year and never being updated again. Kinda surprised when i saw a illustration and checked it. Apparently it's being released yesterday in tankoubon format and this novel contain a complete story of route 0 that was never posted in web version.

Contain Mind control, Heavy NTR,and Heavy Zamaaa
runset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-31, 13:34   Link #7746
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Somehow I only read harem stories now

The reason is like asking is there any point in continuing reading SAO or Monogatari series?
It's not like MC will cheat on or break up with Asuna or Senjougahara

In non-harem when the main heroine is already established, other girls have basically 0% chance to win
It means the ending would be obvious too (if it's a happy ending)

At least with harem stories, there are possible developments with new female charas
Old 2019-03-31, 19:55   Link #7747
Garn

My main reason is for the simple fact that practically always the main heroine is never the best.
Even so, I want to read a non-harem novel that changes to a harem but with a more serious development.
Old 2019-04-01, 04:45   Link #7748
Rasty

^^ Yep, there are 3 problems I have with non-harem.
-the relationship becoming stale, as the author usually uses up all the possible developments early on and then the relationship is established and nothing ever happens
-the attempted NTR plotline that appears every time (usually several times)
-All the other girls getting crushed. I seriously don't think that 10 likable girls getting emotionally crushed is a "happy ending" and I don't need the "realism" of the situation (I am not reading wish-fulfillment fantasy for this kind of realism). If the author is gonna go for a single heroine he should just not introduce other ones. Making them all fall for MC just to get turned down the next scene is bad. Then again if there are no other heroines the story usually gets super boring.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-01, 05:22   Link #7749
n0m@n
C-Z

^^ Most of your point (except 3rd point) reminded me of Kenja no Mago due to the upcoming anime adaption.
I will go LN wise rather than WN wise since it's easier to break into parts but...
v1 - The MC meets the girl
v2 - Confesses to the girl and becomes a couple
v5 - attempted NTR
v8 - Crosses the line

Yeah, the relation sure did get dull. And their bakauple vibe started from before they become a couple till even now. The LN probably needs 2 or 3 volumes(?) to catchup to the webnovel and the webnovel hasnt finished yet.

It's also bad to make characters become a couple before both characters lack from character development too.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-01, 05:45   Link #7750
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garn View Post
Even so, I want to read a non-harem novel that changes to a harem but with a more serious development.
"Risou no Himo Seikatsu" seems to be heading that way, very slowly. At least the LN version. Dunno about the WN.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-01, 06:07   Link #7751
Exia237

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
"Risou no Himo Seikatsu" seems to be heading that way, very slowly. At least the LN version. Dunno about the WN.
i thought that "Risou no Himo Seikatsu" is harem novel
aren't there other heroine beside queen?
Exia237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-01, 07:10   Link #7752
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exia237 View Post
i thought that "Risou no Himo Seikatsu" is harem novel
aren't there other heroine beside queen?
The land the MC is in is pro-harem but the MC is actually explicitly anti-harem but political and economic considerations are cornering him and he might have to take a second wife/concubine because of it (dunno if it's happened yet in the latest LNs).
Old 2019-04-01, 07:48   Link #7753
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Worst type of half assed harem
MC only cares about the main heroine
But forced to reluctantly make harem
The other heroines are treated like shit
Later everyone must worship the main heroine for "allowing" the harem
*VOMIT*
Old 2019-04-01, 13:36   Link #7754
Rasty

You know, after reading about so many "forced harems" I would really like to read a novel, where the MC actually goes for a harem despite the country and social norms being monogamous. Ideally with his struggle to succeed being depicted, not just sideline comment that doesn't matter.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-01, 14:15   Link #7755
kari-no-sugata II

^ Joseph Smith the WN?
Old 2019-04-02, 07:41   Link #7756
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^^Real de Level-age shitara Hobo Cheat na Jinsei ni Natta
Could've been epic had the MC not STR moron

Btw, I'm tired of searching for novels that have snusnu, so from now on I'll just normally read them
Old 2019-04-03, 09:49   Link #7757
wuhugm
Confused Shark

I don't have cheat, but my Magic Power is near limitless
Old 2019-04-03, 15:50   Link #7758
DBAV

I've seen a lot of Isekai with status+skills but only 2 or 3 with the job system, are they not liked? I only remember slave harem (mediocre and hiatus), nobu-san (great and hiatus) and jobless (decent and up to date).
DBAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-03, 16:56   Link #7759
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

^ There are plenty with job system, but they often end up not meaning much of anything in the end.
Old 2019-04-03, 18:48   Link #7760
DBAV

^Meaning the people can change jobs or are born with a job given by God/temple and can't change it? I only remember those 3 novels where people can change jobs and level them.
DBAV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
web novel