AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-06-02, 21:11   Link #761
saurers123

We're probably going to get some hints instead of real answers. I mean if Annie wasn't willing to give up information, then what about Reiner and Bertolt? They'll probably just give winks and hints. Not the exact things we're looking for, huh. (Damn it. I just have a feeling it's going to be like this. That's Isayama for you. He'll give us the info when we're all off guard...)

Besides, it seems like Ymir here is the one willing to gather/hear some information. Not Eren. Knowing him, he's probably thinking of ways to get rid of those two instead of listening to what they're saying. I also think that Reiner and Bertolt are waiting for Annie and while they're at it, Eren is probably going to use this chance to hide the information about what happened to her. Unless he suddenly bursts this info out of rage, this should give some time for the Survey Corp to catch up. Of course, other things could happen too. If the duo are actually heartless beings(or they just forgot her or they say a "strong warrior-comrade so she's fine alone by herself" speech), they're going to leave their accomplice behind and move forward leaving less time for the Corp to catch up, but they'll manage it, somehow.
saurers123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 21:30   Link #762
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I almost forgot that they are not supposed to know what happened to Annie. I wonder how they will react when they'll learn that.

Also, I wonder if they have any idea of who the ape titan might be. It didn't seem that his sudden appearance had any effect on their plans.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 22:08   Link #763
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

However, Annie wasn't with them during the beginning of the onslaught. But, they might not care about her since they aren't get alone with her that much. They would still proceed to get back to their village if that was their only chance, even though they knew what happened to Annie, or did they?

PS: As for Annie, I don't think anyone else could get her out from the crystal, even though they desperately need her to track down the duo for Eren.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 22:54   Link #764
richardtengcy

I just saw a thread in a Chinese AoT forums which is currently hotly debating on a number of spoilers that an anonymous has post from Japan.

Spoiler #1: There's a limit to how many times a human (Eren,Annie,Reiner,Bertholt and Ymir) can turn themselves into Titan

Spoiler #2: It has been confirm that at some point of time, Levy will certainly dies in action although news is that the author have not determine which part of the story arc to draw it. (this causes the biggest uproar in the forums)

Spoiler #3: Bertholt and Reiner together with Ymir and Eren went to Eren home basement but found that the basement has been discovered and everything inside it has been ransacked thus Eren joins Bertholt and Reiner to investigate.
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 23:16   Link #765
saurers123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
However, Annie wasn't with them during the beginning of the onslaught. But, they might not care about her since they aren't get alone with her that much. They would still proceed to get back to their village if that was their only chance, even though they knew what happened to Annie, or did they?

PS: As for Annie, I don't think anyone else could get her out from the crystal, even though they desperately need her to track down the duo for Eren.
Onslaught? You mean the destruction of Wall Maria? or the events of Castle Utgard and beyond? 'Cause if it's the destruction of Wall Maria it's possible that Annie played a hand it. She was implied to be the one who called out all those titans towards the wall. See Chapter 23 around page 15. Armin's guesswork are usually correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
I just saw a thread in a Chinese AoT forums which is currently hotly debating on a number of spoilers that an anonymous has post from Japan.

Spoiler #1: There's a limit to how many times a human (Eren,Annie,Reiner,Bertholt and Ymir) can turn themselves into Titan

Spoiler #2: It has been confirm that at some point of time, Levy will certainly dies in action although news is that the author have not determine which part of the story arc to draw it. (this causes the biggest uproar in the forums)

Spoiler #3: Bertholt and Reiner together with Ymir and Eren went to Eren home basement but found that the basement has been discovered and everything inside it has been ransacked thus Eren joins Bertholt and Reiner to investigate.
If these were true, practically I'm not surprised with Spoiler #2 and kind of with #3.

With #2, didn't people already said never get too attached with characters in this manga? It'll just break your heart.

With #3, cause Isayama will never give us answers all of a sudden(duhT-T). I'm guessing the Ape Titan or it's comrades stole it, and thus the reason why they had knowledge about how to transform humans into titans. But what I'm surprised here is that Eren joins Bertolt and Reiner. This spoiler also seemed to imply there are other factions out there as well.

#1 caught me. That's a surprise. If this was true, could it be? Once they've exceeded their limit, then it's possible that their human bodies becomes so merged with their Titan forms very well that their bodies disappear. This makes sense as to why the military didn't see any human bodies inside the nape of the Titans. And the theory that all those regular Titans were once humans could also be true.

Ah. The possibilites.....T-T....But there is no way to confirm these spoilers are true. It could just be trolling for all we know.

Last edited by saurers123; 2013-06-02 at 23:44.
Old 2013-06-02, 23:37   Link #766
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

About Levi would be killed in action don't seems to surprise me, cause I've came across to this particular topic for quite some times. But I wish he wouldn't. If he really dies... Oh well, time to meet with Petra-chan, in heaven.

Basement get ransacked? Who knows. The house was already crumbled, so it may not likely they would bother to find anything inside the rudder other than humans. Not even the ape titan.

There is a limit for a human to transform into titan might be a mere theory. I might be in denial, but I can't lie to myself that I would be surprised if it's really a case; unless if Papa Jaeger could fix that up. What really worries me is Eren's reaction. If he finds out that if this is true, he would get a heroic BSOD for sure. Doubting which path he had to choose, human or titan?

That spy in Japan... How dare he leak these preposterous theories? Maybe he was just trolling.
Old 2013-06-03, 00:31   Link #767
saurers123

I'm still surprised with #1 too. If its really true, then those titan-shifters' fate were already sealed. Reiner's wish to see his village one more time makes even more sense(and very heart-wrenching), assuming it still exists. It's because they were going to die along the way anyway. Oh the feels this gives me. Ah, but it's probably just trolling. There's just no way for classified info(XD) to come out in the open like this. Reminds me of those fake spoilers, back before Gundam 00 The Movie aired and that long wait for the last episodes of the A:TLA to air. I should get used to this and stop being so gullible.

Last edited by saurers123; 2013-06-03 at 00:51.
Old 2013-06-03, 02:04   Link #768
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:

Spoiler 2 is BS. There's no way the author would confirm who dies and who doesn't. Complete BS.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 05:53   Link #769
Breimoon

so... how long till next ch? A week or so and we should have some news. Aniway i think that maybe eren's father drug is not what allows them to become titans but to control their titan side. MAybe he was the one who saved Bertholt and Reiner from ymir and to save them he used the drug on ymir when she was a titan (kinda like vets do on dangerous stray animals). And since this drug caused memory loss on eren this could have happened to the 3 of them too. I suppose the drug he used on eren was a newer version since at least some time passed between the 2's transformation , them being able to control it , use their titan forms to destroy the wall and in the end Eren getting the drug. Now since i'm not native english nor speak japanese i'd like to ask something. If i got it right did eren's father that his power would help him when he reached the basement? or it refers to the recapture of wall maria??
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 05:57   Link #770
richardtengcy

I saw a interview on the author while he was drawing the next chapter....

from the pictures it seems that when Eren woke up, he was gonna bite himself to transform into Titan again to fight against Bertholt and Reiner but Ymir stops him.
Old 2013-06-03, 06:10   Link #771
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
so... how long till next ch? A week or so and we should have some news. Aniway i think that maybe eren's father drug is not what allows them to become titans but to control their titan side. MAybe he was the one who saved Bertholt and Reiner from ymir and to save them he used the drug on ymir when she was a titan (kinda like vets do on dangerous stray animals). And since this drug caused memory loss on eren this could have happened to the 3 of them too. I suppose the drug he used on eren was a newer version since at least some time passed between the 2's transformation , them being able to control it , use their titan forms to destroy the wall and in the end Eren getting the drug. Now since i'm not native english nor speak japanese i'd like to ask something. If i got it right did eren's father that his power would help him when he reached the basement? or it refers to the recapture of wall maria??
He told Eren to recapture wall maria so he could search the basement for whatever's in it.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 06:12   Link #772
chaos_alfa

Exclamation

Quote:
I saw a interview on the author while he was drawing the next chapter....

from the pictures it seems that when Eren woke up, he was gonna bite himself to transform into Titan again to fight against Bertholt and Reiner but Ymir stops him.
It was talked about one page back.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 06:34   Link #773
saurers123

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Spoiler 2 is BS. There's no way the author would confirm who dies and who doesn't. Complete BS.
Well, it wasn't the author who made out this BS and posted it in the net. But now, I do really think this things are BS too. Especially number 2 because there is just no way that Isayama doesn't know when to kill off his characters. I just remembered he already planned everything from the start. He even knows which volume the reveals are before they were even released. So yes, these spoilers are BS. Though I do like #1. It seemed real.
Old 2013-06-03, 07:48   Link #774
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurers123 View Post
Well, it wasn't the author who made out this BS and posted it in the net. But now, I do really think this things are BS too. Especially number 2 because there is just no way that Isayama doesn't know when to kill off his characters. I just remembered he already planned everything from the start. He even knows which volume the reveals are before they were even released. So yes, these spoilers are BS. Though I do like #1. It seemed real.
Maybe so. But for me, it would mean that the fate of titan shifters like Eren hangs in a balance if it really happen.

Pro-tip: Never trust or believe in anything the people who made those spoilers, that guy could be a well-intended troll.
Old 2013-06-03, 07:49   Link #775
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

The more you discuss, the more you feed the trolls.
Your reaction is exactly what they want.

At the point you read random anonymous post, you should have known better to leave it and move on.
Perhaps the fact the Japanese shingeki threads doesn't give two-shits about it may be a cue for you to just drop it.

On the other hand, the information gained from the Friday article is ripe with information worth discussing.
Right now he's consolidating plot lines, and Eren reaching the basement will be a turning point to conclude current plot.
But new developments and mystery may open up when he does.

Gathering from that, likely the basement isn't going to be pushed to the end of the series, but rather simply end of this arc.

Last edited by aohige; 2013-06-03 at 07:59.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 08:38   Link #776
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
At the point you read random anonymous post, you should have known better to leave it and move on.
Perhaps the fact the Japanese shingeki threads doesn't give two-shits about it may be a cue for you to just drop it.

Right whether this is true or not, giving too much credit to alleged "spoilers" that provide absolutely no back up to their credibility is just a good way to attract trolls. The more you show interest in that the more bogus claims of that kind you can expect in the future. Don't.

I'm having a deją-vu now, I don't quite remember in which occasion something similar happened, but I'm fairly sure it did and that in the end it was proven wrong.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 09:06   Link #777
saurers123

True T-T. I do have the tendency to feed trolls. Getting too excited because the next chapter is nearing its release...T-T

The Friday article, you mean the one with that picture from Isayama, right? Wasn't that an interview? Eh...I wonder where the interview is. I'm curious what questions were asked and what Isayama answered.
Old 2013-06-03, 11:34   Link #778
battle22

Guys, when does the next chapter come out?

I'm new to the Manga, so I have no idea if it's weekly, monthly or something else.
Old 2013-06-03, 11:40   Link #779
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post

I'm new to the Manga, so I have no idea if it's weekly, monthly or something else.
the manga should be monthly, but the scans aren't out always at the same time, so it's "around monthly", not "precisely monthly"
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 11:41   Link #780
richardtengcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post

Its monthly....