Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-01-28, 23:18   Link #61
ion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipFace
My 6yr old daughter loves it.

Your six-year old daughter can read subtitles at a brisk pace? Or does she only watch the <5 minutes worth of "fighting" in every episode? Mmm ... I can't think of any other live-action girl superhero show, so I guess it's the only thing she can watch. Hee hee!
She catchs a lot of it. She's been readind and watching subs since she was 4. Slayers, the one with out all the T&A (next?) and angelic layer were her first.(hehe she still plays with her angelic layer action figures ) I do have to watch them with her 2-3 times to help her pick up some of it though which is the shitty part but it's good quality time and comercial free. After that she pretty much has the memorised and can spout off the dialogue while bouncing around the room being a sailor goon
ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 18:19   Link #62
TangentZ
神の一手

Send a message via ICQ to TangentZ
Question

When will Minako be integrated with the group? They've been hinting at this
since the beginning. I know she doesn't appear until later in the anime series,
but here, you see Minako very often. She's everywhere (being a singer-idol and all).
I just want to see the girls' reactions to Sailor Venus' true identity.

Does the LA series follow the manga at all?
TangentZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 20:21   Link #63
Rebochan
Clubbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangentZ
When will Minako be integrated with the group? They've been hinting at this
since the beginning. I know she doesn't appear until later in the anime series,
but here, you see Minako very often. She's everywhere (being a singer-idol and all).
I just want to see the girls' reactions to Sailor Venus' true identity.

Does the LA series follow the manga at all?
The live-action series is somewhat loosely based on the manga, though at times it seems closer to the manga than the anime, believe it or not. There's some similar events that take place, and in particular, some small details on the girl's backstories that the manga mentioned only briefly (probably due to time constraints) are fleshed out much deeper, such as Rei's relationship with her father.
Rebochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 21:02   Link #64
babbito2k
annoying white bat

I think the show is going well. The acting is better than it was initially. The girls seem to be the characters rather than just playing them. The pacing has picked up, too, and the production seems like it is improving.

From the teaser at the end of 16 it looks like Minako is going to be getting more involved.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 21:37   Link #65
uzumaki

hehehe watching this show, honestly, reminds me of the days(at about 2 summer ago) when i watched about 5 mins of power rangers first and i thought my eyes were gonna explode and made fun of it with my friends and all but secretly started watching more and more of, till i became complely involved and otaku...
heh then they changed the cast and it was no more the same.
i used to love that show.
*nostalgia*
uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-02, 00:22   Link #66
Forsaken102
Insanity Goddess

Send a message via AIM to Forsaken102 Send a message via Yahoo to Forsaken102
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzumaki
hehehe watching this show, honestly, reminds me of the days(at about 2 summer ago) when i watched about 5 mins of power rangers first and i thought my eyes were gonna explode and made fun of it with my friends and all but secretly started watching more and more of, till i became complely involved and otaku...
heh then they changed the cast and it was no more the same.
i used to love that show.
*nostalgia*
Yeah, I know how that goes. I did the same thing with the original Sailor Moon. (*laughs*)

But, I really don't like the live action. Maybe its because I stopped watching it at episode five, and the acting still sucked there... or, as I said earlier (And someone attacked my reputation for it, grrr...) maybe I'm just anti-live action.

However, I will probably download the rest of it and watch it on my comp too, just because I can't stand leaving something unfinished. (*laughs*)

Cheers, all.
Forsaken102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-04, 01:34   Link #67
Ryoko

is there more then 16 live action sailor moon episode

im not asking or demand for them to come out soon im just asking doesthe series go past episode 16 or was it canceled
Ryoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-04, 02:00   Link #68
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoko
im not asking or demand for them to come out soon im just asking doesthe series go past episode 16 or was it canceled
No word of it being canceled at all. I heard its going to have 52 episodes but I cannot confirm it.
Old 2004-02-04, 02:37   Link #69
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

Yes the series will have at least 50 or so eps. The DVD release schedule for R2 was announced at 13 DVD's with 4 eps each. If the final volume doesn't have 4 eps, that's around 50-52.
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-04, 05:06   Link #70
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoko
As was stated, the show is going to 52 eps. If you absolutely HAVE to have your LASM fix, the raws are usually up within 8 hours of airing on Saturdays, meaning that you can grab 17 raw now. TV-N has been really good about getting the new eps out subbed regularly on Thursdays as well.
exedore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-04, 18:37   Link #71
kyosuke
My bike got stolen

Yes, there's more than 16 eps, like exedore said
kyosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-04, 23:28   Link #72
TangentZ
神の一手

Lightbulb

I think the OP didn't know the series is currently airing in Japan (Saturday mornings). We can only see as many as there are already aired.

At the current rate, they may get to the point of Chibi-Usa appearing.

I hope they do anyway.
Old 2004-02-05, 01:51   Link #73
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

I don't have the URL handy (maybe someone else does), but there has been posted the profile of a young girl that has been slated to star in the show starting in April according to the website, and she very much looks like she has the potential to be PGSM's Chibi-Usa.
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 15:46   Link #74
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

Grrrr!!!1!

Did anyone see the last episode? 17 I think. How dare
Spoiler:

Ahhh, just needed to vent a little. I actually didnt like Rei based on the american dub of the cartoon. She was just annoying there. She is stern in the live action but she's not a @#$%! about it so I like her here. Besides, she has those cute wil' baby cheeks.
SwiftStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 16:31   Link #75
TangentZ
神の一手

Wink

Remember, Aino Minako ( 愛野美奈子 ) is a HUGE celebrity in this universe. Name one celebrity who does not have a HUGE ego.

Spoiler:

Last edited by TangentZ; 2004-02-10 at 16:43.
TangentZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 16:37   Link #76
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangentZ
Remember, Aino Minako is a HUGE celebrity in this universe. Name one celebrity who does not have a HUGE ego.
Yeah, but come on. That's Rei. Rei the den mother. Rei the responsible. Rei the I'm gonna sigh because Usagi is at it again.

It's cool though because in the preview it looks like Rei gets back at her.
SwiftStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 16:59   Link #77
RyuHayabusa

Send a message via AIM to RyuHayabusa
along with many other things. I can't wait for episode 18 now, cause I seriously want to know how they are going to resolve the mamoru/hina/usagi love triangle. I feel for Usagi though, cause I know how that feels, when you like someone and that someone is already taken. I don't know, but the realization of Rei that Minako was Sailor Venus after she did her henshin sequence was priceless. Along with the fact, that Venus confirms by saying those things to Rei that she is the leader of the senshi, and that she expects them to be better. I can't wait for more
RyuHayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 18:03   Link #78
saku~ya
la~li~lo

Sailor Venus' transformation was priceless. It was obviously the best one I have yet to see ^.^ I am eagerly awaiting for the next episode to come out, to bad thursday can't be tomorrow though

I also wanna see how they are going to have Usagi come to the realization that she is indeed the Moon Princess. That is unless they are going to keep in carried on that Venus is the Moon Princess. But, I wouldn't like it that way. In all seriousness I am mainly watching it for that point alone. The 'Love-triangle' will also be neat to see how that is resolved.
saku~ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 19:00   Link #79
TangentZ
神の一手

"Venus Power! Make Up!"

You see her doing some gymnastic moves.

It's definitely the best transformation sequence out of the five.
Old 2004-02-10, 20:34   Link #80
Phych

I downloaded this thinking it was gonna be something to laugh at...but like everyone else I started getting hooked.

Put a vote in for Ami-chan from me for fav Sailor Senshi. God damn she freekin hot. Specially when she's mercury....and that episode when they were in kimonos..*drools*.
Phych is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magical girl