Notices

Old 2004-04-04, 16:41   Link #61
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanamasan
that bitch is stupid n she should be burned
Try saying that to her face. I would love to see what they would do to you (especially Miwasatoshi)

It maybe a surprise but people are :gasp: entitled to their own opinion! :Shock!: :Shock!:

Just because she gives it 3 stars out of 5 means she's evil. (She's not a fangirl, unlike you super fanboys of spooky doom.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copy Ninja
she didnt like ther op and ed themes...shes no anime fan, those songs rock.
That's where you're wrong! She's seen at least 80+ anime in her life.
Not everyone loves the lyrics "I wanna rocks" in painfully obvious Engrish.
I agree with her on the ending song. I can't tell what thy were saying. It's just too hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
sending a bom to her!
You'e going to flame her about a review from over 3 months ago?! She stated in a thrad theat [b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by inagawayuu
"3 stars is not a bad review. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it.
If she reads this I'll rename you "Fried Nine Devil Kabobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxter
Agreed. I mean, nowadays, who the hell let's a review decide whetever they should start watching a new anime or not? Not me, atleast. I ask my friends and on forums such as this one. Actually, i don't give a rotten cat's crap about reviews or Opinions (animenfo-style) or whatever. And now that I've watched Naruto for quite some time, I care even less about reviews about it.
I know that I love the anime, that's enough for me to keep watching
Remember, it's only a suggestion or recommendation.

About not listening to opinions...... I'm very proud of you. On one message board That I call "animejump" what the reviewer said everyone agreed like zombies. I've looked for quite a long time to find someone who doesn't care or get offended about what other people say. I salute to you!)

Now let's keep this a flame free thread!
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 17:40   Link #62
Hisoka44

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
That's why I asked him "Why?" which would mean "What is it about Naruto that you don't like?"...
why do you like naruto then? why do you like a series that is a copycat? everything its has is taken elsewhere. why do you like the stretching out of the series just to make more money? why oooh why? ^_^
Hisoka44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 17:42   Link #63
cdkobasiuk
Mommy on a Bender

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96
It's simply a matter that he did not watch enough. But let's be honest, why should the reviewer be obligated to watch the entire series when he/she never got hooked? That's asking to torture someone. It's like 40 hours for godsakes. It seemed that he/she watched roughly 20 episodes or so and that is quite reasonable to write a review.

Let the reviewer be.

EPYON

Is the length reason enough to let a reviewer review something even if they haven't watched all of it? What if I couldn't sit through all of 'Return of the King'? That was 3 whole hours. I guess I could have reviewed it after 20 mins and left the theater.

All I was saying is I never met a review I liked or agreed with and I find absolutely no use for them. People should save paper and bandwith and just give a quick summary of things and stop wasting their time.

cdk
cdkobasiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 18:23   Link #64
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka44
why do you like naruto then? why do you like a series that is a copycat? everything its has is taken elsewhere. why do you like the stretching out of the series just to make more money? why oooh why? ^_^
I like the dynamic characters, the humour and the scenery (ary?).. I also don't care if it is similar somewhere else (though "somewhere else" might)... I asked him why and you ask me why? WHY!? That's just not reasonable! By the way, what's wrong with similarities, do we have to exclude the fighting because "oh, it has been done so many times before!!!" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor 2mb
I agree with her on the ending song. I can't tell what thy were saying. It's just too hard.
Y- You... You don't like... Akeboshi - Wind?! Playing with fire, saying such evil words?

Last edited by nh1; 2004-04-04 at 18:38.
nh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 18:49   Link #65
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
Y- You... You don't like... Akeboshi - Wind?! Playing with fire, saying such evil words?
Neither did I. If you're going to make it painfully obvious that you can't sing in English, at least do it with gusto, like "I wanna Rocks!"

There are parts in "Wind" where it sounds like Akeboshi's doing his impression of Ash saying the 3 words and picking up the Book of the Dead.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 19:00   Link #66
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Maaaaa?
I'll have to quote someone in order to express my feelings on that comment:
"It doesn't bleed, but it hurts right here" while holding a bit left to the center of my chest... The song and the animation is sooo cute
Also, if you think "I wanna Rocks!" rocked, then you should be protesting too
Old 2004-04-04, 20:13   Link #67
Copy Ninja
red eye from smokin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
Not everyone loves the lyrics "I wanna rocks" in painfully obvious Engrish.

Now let's keep this a flame free thread!

u agree...u both r wrong...no flame here, but 80+ anime?....ohhh im intimidated.
i think i passed 80 4-5 years ago.

any otaku that cant appreciate engrish isnt really otaku (not that that matters)

i really would like to see what was reviewed by her that she actually liked
(so i can see if this was a mistake or to keep far away from her recomendations)

and if she only seen a few eps...how can she give an acurate opinion?

not starting a very solid rep in anime reviews if thats what shes planning

I WANNA ROCKS!!!
Copy Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 20:24   Link #68
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Yeah Wind really did not impress me much. The English was very bad in the song... I understand that it is sort of Asian's trend to add English words in their pop songs (look at a lot of Chinese songs and Japanese songs), but I don't like it when they find Japanese who don't know English to sing an intire English song. If they can do it well though I don't mind, I didn't mind the .Hack//sign songs, that English was at least acceptable.

I think if they want an English song done properly they should find English people like what they did in Serial Experiment Lain.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 20:57   Link #69
Hisoka44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
Yeah Wind really did not impress me much. The English was very bad in the song... I understand that it is sort of Asian's trend to add English words in their pop songs (look at a lot of Chinese songs and Japanese songs), but I don't like it when they find Japanese who don't know English to sing an intire English song. If they can do it well though I don't mind, I didn't mind the .Hack//sign songs, that English was at least acceptable.

I think if they want an English song done properly they should find English people like what they did in Serial Experiment Lain.
like initial d, the music is mainly english though and they didn't very good, lots of diffrent groups
Hisoka44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 23:10   Link #70
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Well it kind of difficult to pay attention to most of the series if you live in Arizona. (Also she hates, like evey other reviewer buying fansubs.)
What does living in Arizona have to do with paying attention to an anime? Buying fansubs? Who still does that? You can download them for free. Even if you have dial-up, it can still be done.

Quote:
Be civil. This is a family message board
Looks like you haven't checked out the what a character would never say thread yet. http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=215

Quote:
Appears a common opinion board has become violent. Don't forget. Things like that will get this thread locked in a heartbeat if they wanted to.
So you're saying that wasn't your goal in posting this thread here?

Quote:
Your point? I've seen that many last year.
Quote:
You'e going to flame her about a review from over 3 months ago?!
Umm... aren't you the one who started this thread the other day? What did you expect?
Quote:
By all means send her the link. If she is as you describe, it'll be very entertaining

Quote:
About not listening to opinions...... I'm very proud of you. On one message board That I call "animejump" what the reviewer said everyone agreed like zombies. I've looked for quite a long time to find someone who doesn't care or get offended about what other people say. I salute to you!)
So you've been going around posting the link on random anime forums? Isn't that spamming?
Old 2004-04-04, 23:50   Link #71
Dual247

does it really matter what other people say about the anime/manga? it really depends on whether you like it or not yourself. who cares what people say? street fighter the anime doesn't get anime good reviews, maybe its the genre or whatever. so what if its not the best anime there ever was, i still enjoy it like a lot of stuff out there. my point if reviews are meant to only give you a glimpse of the series. you judge it with that lil preview, nothing more. there are shows out there that gets rave reviews, yet when i check it out, they are so not for me. different people have different standards of what's good and what's not. so for shows like naruto and one piece, if they don't even get a single good review, i would still think that they're two of the best shows at there at the moment. if some reviewers said so otherwise, then good for him/her. i'll keep watching what i like.
Dual247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 01:57   Link #72
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
I hope you do link her this page, I'd like to see her response. My whole problem with her "review" is that its a biased review, she obiviously just hates Naruto for the sake of hating it. Its like a die-hard X-Men fan reviewing Austen's current issue, you're not going to get a clear prespective of the issue, because the reviewer won't give it a chance to begin with, and will nit-pick at every possible thing they can find to make it seem bad, just like she did. And if the whole "She's only seen a few episodes" thing is true, then it proves shes a hater because Naruto didn't turn into Yuu Yu Hakusho until the Chounin exams.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 02:17   Link #73
PathofNightshade
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Send a message via AIM to PathofNightshade
I personally think her review is pure bullshit but I must agree with her cliched character's opinion. By the way, be civil folks... This is turning into flamefest '04.
PathofNightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 02:32   Link #74
CoolMofo

and all I've go to say is

it's late and I'm too lazy to make quotes

JubeiYamazaki:

" 1.) Attacking the animation. Naruto is animated beautifully (speaking for the Zabusa arc) if not better, atleast equal and NO WAY below par to anything else out at the moment, with the few execptions.

2.) The color palette, who the hell attacks the color palette? That's like saying a comic is bad because of the paper its printed on. Naruto and One Piece are the two animes I've watched that aren't scared to use colors in very unique and interesting ways, just looking at Narutos basic orange jumpsuit design you can see a wonderful usage of colors that really, not only makes Naruto, but Naruto TV show standout compared to everything else. I mean the backgrounds on Naruto are gorgeous and fits like a glove to the art style Naruto has.

3.) "Kishimoto Masashi is an average artist at best, and his style simply doesn't translate well to anime." My artist friend and I are STRONG believers in the "If you can't do any better, then shut up." You can always disagree with the artstyle and say "I don't like the art style cause its too wierd." Or "I don't like it cause its foggy" That's fine, that's your prefence/like/hate/whatever but when you start saying shit like "I don't like this person because they're average etc. etc." Please shut up. Because you have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Make a popular anime, then say start saying shit like that about your fellow artists, but until then, give a real explaination for your dislike of the artstyle, and try not to act like you're an art-critic because obiviously, you're not."

Amen to that! She definitely had some fine points, and though I felt the review was amiss, I wasn't planning to comment. Everyone has their own opinions but after seeing your post and giving it a thought, damn those arguments of hers are weak. Besides character designs and action, the colors of Naruto are the first to grab your attention. She lost me when I read "Kishimoto Masahi is an average artists..." Ya know, after reading Kishimoto's bio from one of the Naruto books, I think of him as some sort of genius (I exaggerate but I respect his art), who developed a simple and distinct style of drawing. Readily accepted by both genders of the audience

Final comment, if he is an average artist afterall, he wouldn't have won the manga competition when he was in university and over how much contestants was that?
CoolMofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 07:02   Link #75
Joe Dalton

Dude naruto is animated for crap there is no arguing that... Its animation is so bad from time 2 time it just distracts form whatever plot there is.... The water country arc was animated better (but still not verry well)
Saying if you cant do it better is also bullshit she has every right 2 come down on it.
If you make poor quality and put it out there people should just say nothing? Or they should point out that its poor quality so maybe someone can learn?
In case you havent noticed in normal life (if you have 1) Often its the case that not the artist decides what is liked but the audience you*insert bad name here* ... I know this must come as a big shock since that makes no sense and by all rights the artist should have complete say in what is liked but 2 bad. So both you and your friend can go *insert witty action here*
Also just because he won a contest doesnt mean he STILL is a good artist.. And if he is he is lazy.

(this reply 2 JubeiYamazaki and coolmofo)

PS I am having a hard time believing that anyone here would be dumb enough 2 try and say the reviewer is biased and obviously not the die hard fanboys that will even deny obvious flaws.... Actualy thats a lie im not suprised
Joe Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 09:17   Link #76
realdeal
The Real Deal

everyone has their own opinion..why this much comotion over an opinion? Go round and ask 10 ppl whos seen naruto and ask em what they think of it, most likely at least 1 will diss it just as bad or even worst..your seriously not gonna get upset over that are you?
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 09:21   Link #77
cdkobasiuk
Mommy on a Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal
everyone has their own opinion..why this much comotion over an opinion? Go round and ask 10 ppl whos seen naruto and ask em what they think of it, most likely at least 1 will diss it just as bad or even worst..your seriously not gonna get upset over that are you?

I think what bothers everyone is that this opinion was billed as a fair artistic review. A lot of reviews are nothing but snob filled opinions but that doesn't make it right. A bad review or a unfair review could turn the wrong people on to a anime, which they then will think stinks and chase away the people who would really enjoy an anime but don't realize it.

cdk
cdkobasiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 11:07   Link #78
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
Ha Ha Ha.Anyways kabobs?What is that? Did you mean kebab? So not i wonder what that is.

edit: ah thats it.
Old 2004-04-05, 11:12   Link #79
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Neither did I. If you're going to make it painfully obvious that you can't sing in English, at least do it with gusto, like "I wanna Rocks!"

There are parts in "Wind" where it sounds like Akeboshi's doing his impression of Ash saying the 3 words and picking up the Book of the Dead.
my god! thank you! those were the forbidden words I never wanted to say, cos' I was afraid I would be eaten alive by ... well... EVERYONE here. but I approve: this guy just can't speak english, and it irritates me like hell!!
Kabuto Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 13:35   Link #80
Merco
I like pie

At least for me it doesn't matter how bad the guy speaks english... the thing that I enjoy about wind is the actual music primarily....

The fact that his voice goes well with the music helps a bit... But he's not from the US, so I don't hold the fact that he doesn't have the right accent against him.

If you focus on the music of the song more, it seems like the type of tune you can meditate to.. But that's just my thoughts
Merco is offline   Reply With Quote