AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 3 4.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 34.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 34.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 22.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-08-09, 15:12   Link #61
Thess

The Martian Colonists getting angry at Earth's neglect kind of happened in Trinity Blood as well, minus mecha.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-08-09, 15:12   Link #62
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I'm actually a Rayet, person
Yuki for me, might like Rayet a bit better if her hair is longer and has more screen time.
Old 2014-08-09, 15:15   Link #63
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torayan View Post
Slaine took a level in badass and fled. Of course Saazbaum does not want him dead, as far as the baddie knows he is the last person who've seen Asseylum alive. He needs him. Him being Dr. Troyard son was just an excuse... or is it?
If it was about Asseylum, he would prefer if he died quickly. It's likely about his father, his plans set in motion are related to their cause, something Dr. Troyard was involved. I don't think it has to do about the Earth landing because his castle remained on orbit.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-08-09, 15:38   Link #64
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
oh c'mon, Age was plagued by Kio, not shipping problems

I'm actually a Rayet, person
Rayet is pretty good along with Inko and Yuki.
Old 2014-08-09, 15:52   Link #65
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
If you think about Inaho is the red herring mc while Slains the real mc even though they are both male leads. Sad Inaho really havent developed that much but it only the first 6 episodes, Iaho my favorite next is Slain. Maybe the first half of the series is center around Slain 2nd half about Inaho.
Old 2014-08-09, 15:57   Link #66
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I hope Maggy actually has a good reason to be angry with Marito and not just needlessly petty for pointless drama but I'll give the benefit of the doubt in this case since we've never seen it get in the way of her work.

Otherwise it was a decent episode even if it is getting a little repetitive with these martian knights. Don't exactly know how Slaine managed to escape (can't they control the door?) but it's nice to see that he's no push over when it comes down to it.
Old 2014-08-09, 16:02   Link #67
MartianMage

Admittedly that scene with the sky carrier really screams of storm troopers but well assuming that they really want Slaine alive there would be a lot of things they can't do... like actually hitting Slaine when he was boarding that sky carrier... pretty sure Slaine would fall to his death if they hit him there.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2014-08-09, 16:06   Link #68
ChampDream
Alive

I really like how the episode end with Slaine coming to the rescue.
It was a surprise to learn that the captain was the sister of Marito's best friend, he sure got a difficult life with his trauma.
Old 2014-08-09, 16:07   Link #69
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

"Slaine saves the day

Not a cliche."

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Old 2014-08-09, 16:08   Link #70
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
"Slaine saves the day

Not a cliche."
nothing wrong with cliche
Old 2014-08-09, 16:12   Link #71
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
nothing wrong with cliche
True. Still wondering whether Inaho's actions are just his personality.

Anyways the ship is dead, are they going to be stuck in Tanegashima?

Also the Tanegashima Report reminds me of the Kimijima reports in Robotics;Notes for some reason. Just the name probs.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Old 2014-08-09, 16:18   Link #72
Raxnom
気疲れ

Yeah.. now that I re-watched. Every time Inaho shoots the last ROCKETARM there is distinct bell-like sound. So it's no like it missed, but he couldn't change it's trajectory like with other arms.
Old 2014-08-09, 16:23   Link #73
ReddyRedWolf

That is some interesting BS story Asseylum was told about. Aldnoah chose her grandfather as its proper heir, hence chosen by the gods, but the reality of which is that he was just the first one to exploit it not that he was a chosen one.

Saazbaum's supposed interest in Slaine besides the knowledge of their conspiracy is that Dr. Troyard was an Aldnoah researcher. Dr. Troyard must have discovered something about it that he defected to Vers for some reason.

As Inaho has shown correcting Asseylum her beliefs, what others has told her before, will be challenged by facts.

It is likely she would be fighting her own people once she is convinced they were wrong all along and if they are irredeemable.
Old 2014-08-09, 16:29   Link #74
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxnom View Post
Yeah.. now that I re-watched. Every time Inaho shoots the last ROCKETARM there is distinct bell-like sound.
The first shot is clearly shown to miss the target. Also, he's firing explosive rounds, so it's pretty easy to tell he missed all the shots.

The "bell-like sound" is the shell casings hitting the ground.
Old 2014-08-09, 16:30   Link #75
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxnom View Post
Yeah.. now that I re-watched. Every time Inaho shoots the last ROCKETARM there is distinct bell-like sound. So it's no like it missed, but he couldn't change it's trajectory like with other arms.
Since the arm was going in a downward direction and Inaho has to shoot upwards it was harder than the others to deflect. Would have needed something with more punch to steer it off course.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2014-08-09, 16:30   Link #76
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightKnight View Post
You know what would be the cliche thing to do now for the show would be? Make Slaine's necklace thing be the key to Aldnoah transfer, whatever, etc
Oh, undoubtedly. His father probably gave it to him as clue to the Aldnoah's true power and it probably holds all of his research or something in some hidden chip or something. Or perhaps, the martians idea that Aldnoah only imprinted on the Emperor was wrong and that perhaps it imprinted on Dr. Troyard as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Considering recent events I don't think many on the ship are going to be enthusiastic about having a someone formerly allied with the Martians on the ship. Especially people like Calm who are growing to hate Martians. They could take him as a prisoner but if they accept Slaine as a member of the crew I don't think many are going to take to him too kindly.
We'll have to see, he shot at them while they were escaping from Trillram, so Calm and maybe Inko are not going to look very favorably on him. Asseylum can't really vouch for him without revealing herself (and considering her many slips, I can't see how she hasn't done that already...), so I have a feeling that he might either be considered a POW, or considering his Terran status, they might consider him a defector, which would probably be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Rayet seems showing sights of backstory and some mental dilemma, at last. Still she's underdeveloped and barely has lines.
I'm glad we got to see some development of Rayet, no matter how small. We see that she has not gone to school with other Terrans so she obviously has known what her Dad and his others were doing this whole time and was probably trained by them. However, despite her animosity towards the princess, she seems to be pretty hesitant to take down her own people. Could she simply be angry at the princess herself or perhaps the royal house?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
If it was about Asseylum, he would prefer if he died quickly. It's likely about his father, his plans set in motion are related to their cause, something Dr. Troyard was involved. I don't think it has to do about the Earth landing because his castle remained on orbit.
I think Dr. Troyard figured out how the Aldnoah factor worked and either was imprinted with it himself, or knew how to give it to others. Saazbaum probably tried to force that information from him which lead to his death, which was probably covered up. However, I think Slaine's father either transferred that factor to his son genetically, or he gave him the key to figuring it out, probably in that necklace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
That is some interesting BS story Asseylum was told about. Aldnoah chose her grandfather as its proper heir, hence chosen by the gods, but the reality of which is that he was just the first one to exploit it not that he was a chosen one.

Saazbaum's supposed interest in Slaine besides the knowledge of their conspiracy is that Dr. Troyard was an Aldnoah researcher. Dr. Troyard must have discovered something about it that he defected to Vers for some reason.
I'm wondering if perhaps Dr. Troyard will be like Haruto's dad from VVV in that he was so devoted to his research of Aldnoah, researching it took priority to everything. Above his and his sons lives, his desire to understand it took precedence and he went to Vers because that's where the source of Aldnoah is? Hmm, it's a theory.

However, here's an even more interesting question. Considering how Martians see Terrans and that Dr. Troyard and his son just crashed without warning on Vers, what sort of clout did Dr. Troyard have, that the nobles and royal family would actually let him near, the very source of their technological power and might? I would think they would be pretty protective of it. Vers doesn't have any leading scientists considering all the tech and machines they've built? Why let Dr. Troyard?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-09, 16:43   Link #77
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post

I think Dr. Troyard figured out how the Aldnoah factor worked and either was imprinted with it himself, or knew how to give it to others. Saazbaum probably tried to force that information from him which lead to his death, which was probably covered up. However, I think Slaine's father either transferred that factor to his son genetically, or he gave him the key to figuring it out, probably in that necklace.

Somebody on Space Battles pointed this out.

Quote:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Important to note here. That's clearly Aldnoah technology, and we know that Slaine is a Terran. Either the genelock to activate Aldnoah technology is common on earth, or the whole genelock thing is more complex than I first thought.
Which makes the story the good Dr. Rayvers was a chosen one a great deal of BS to form himself a cult around him.
Old 2014-08-09, 17:10   Link #78
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Calling it now: "Inaho, upon hearing Slaine's name, will ask him 'why is the sky blue?' and through his answer confirm his identity", when they meet him for the first time.
Old 2014-08-09, 17:16   Link #79
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Calling it now: "Inaho, upon hearing Slaine's name, will ask him 'why is the sky blue?' and through his answer confirm his identity", when they meet him for the first time.
I don't know about that, but I think you may be on to something. Coincidentally, the OP is called "Heavenly Blue." I wouldn't be surprised if we hear something similar at the conclusion of the series.
Old 2014-08-09, 17:20   Link #80
Esclair

-Slaine's escape was lulz
-Actually explaining why the students are stilling wearing their school uniforms.
-Marito x XO love hate relationship?
-It seems like the Princess is the real one, not the double, based on the maid's reaction, but then what is she hiding?
-Inaho isn't nerfed so much as he needs time to analyze the opponent. Even if he did deflect the last arm they wouldn't be in a better situation as she can just do it again and they can't do a thing about her. Her being a ranged fighter with multi-funnel weapons pretty much limits Inaho's options.
Closed Thread