Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Goddamnit KOJIMAAAAA !!!!

Hahaha Zaibatsu is going to flip their shit XD
Old 2014-08-13, 01:52   Link #784
solidvanz
Special Operative

KONAMI uses Europe’s largest gaming event to showcase new METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN footage, first playable PES 2015 reveal and more

Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. has announced it will use this year’s gamescom event to showcase new advances in its METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN and PES 2015 titles, with the ever popular Yu-Gi-Oh! range also on display.

gamescom is Europe’s largest consumer event, and will be held in Cologne between August 13th-17th. KONAMI will demonstrate all three properties on its stand (Hall 7.1), via specially created presentations and hands-on play.

Due to the sheer scale of its content and huge open-world environments, METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN will be shown via an all-new gameplay presentation. A dedicated theatre area will be used to show key aspects of Hideo Kojima’s latest opus, with the 25-minute presentation offering a tantalising glimpse at the unlimited ways of infiltrating that the new title offers, as Snake picks his way through one of the game’s desert-based locales. In honour of the game’s inhospitable environs, KONAMI will also project a vivid vista of a desert on the side of the theatre, which turns from day to night as seen in the game.

KONAMI will also be hosting a special evening event on the eve of the show. To be held at Cologne’s Musical Dome venue, series creator Hideo Kojima will appear on stage at the 1700-seater auditorium to give a one-off presentation of METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN in an evening that promises to answer many questions, and will also offer a few surprises! Doors will open for this adult-only event at 18:30 on August 13th. Deluxe seats will also be given away through various competitions, and KONAMI will ensure seats are available to interested parties on the night.

PES 2015 will be mark the first public appearance of the game in public. A number of pods showing the PlayStation®4 and Xbox One versions of the Fox Engine-powered game will be on display, showcasing a playable version of the latest build. PES 2015 is being promoted via the line ‘the pitch is ours’ in honour of a new focus on restoring key PES values to the series. Thus, gamescom will be a chance for players to experience the responsiveness, intricate play and new shooting and goalkeeping systems, along with the PES ID systems that ensure that the available teams both look and play like their real-life counterparts.

As part of its introduction to the PES Virtual UEFA Champions League, KONAMI will also be inviting players to try the official Online League in a dedicated area. All registered or new players that sign up will be invited to take part in short offline tournaments played on PES 2015 during the five-day show.

Both METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN and PES 2015 will also be offering special pre-order discounts for the PlayStation®4 and Xbox One versions to gamescom attendees, with a five Euros discount available to anyone reserving a copy for at launch. A merchandise stall will also be in Hall 10, showcasing new items for both games and others from the KONAMI portfolio.

KONAMI will also use the show to promote other mobile titles, such as PES Manager, and the famed iDROID App that allows players to sync their mobile device with the best-selling METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES.

KONAMI´s booth is located in hall 7.1 A030/A031. The booth for business partners and media can be found in hall 5.2/A032.

Link: http://uk-blog.konami-europe.com/201...ils-announced/
Old 2014-08-13, 03:15   Link #785
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ero carboard box... genius.
Old 2014-08-13, 06:22   Link #786
solidvanz
Special Operative

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain New Screens Show Wild Life, Infiltration, Fulton And More

Konami and Kojima Productions have released brand new screenshots from the upcoming Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain. The new screenshots show day-night cycle, fulton recovery, infiltration and guess what? More wild life.

The screenshots show that you can essentially fulton anything which should result into some interesting gameplay mechanics. Hideo Kojima will also be showcasing new gameplay footage later today that will last 25 minutes. A part of that demonstration was showcased yesterday at Sony’s Gamescome press event. But as the screenshots indicate below there will be a lot of other gameplay mechanics that will be revealed today.

Link: http://gamingbolt.com/metal-gear-sol...bscFuGcjfsl.99
Old 2014-08-13, 06:29   Link #787
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Ero carboard box... genius.
This man is a genius, but a pervert.

Anyways before going to the live stream

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Game length and locale

YouTube
Old 2014-08-13, 13:34   Link #788
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Fulton C4 Heli Takedown

EDIT:

Also...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2014-08-13 at 14:27.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-13, 17:54   Link #789
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Looks like I'm going to use the box often due to added functionalities. Never used boxes that much in previous games since it is mostly a joke item for me.

Also, MGSV is coming to steam.
Old 2014-08-14, 02:38   Link #790
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Soo... now I have the choice between getting it for the 360 and using my Ground Zeroes Mother Base Personel Key or buying the PC version that will have the next gen graphics...

At the moment I tend more towards the former, the "old gen" graphics are more than good enough.
Old 2014-08-14, 08:08   Link #791
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Looks like I'm going to use the box often due to added functionalities. Never used boxes that much in previous games since it is mostly a joke item for me.

Also, MGSV is coming to steam.
This was great news for me until I realized MGSV might get the same treatment Revengeance did on steam.

I really hope it's available for purchase in the SEA region.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 08:25   Link #792
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

just remembered that in MGS Peace Walker you can fulton enemy land vehicles as well.

Afganistan different route.

YouTube

Base infiltration footage! Steal from other players, but get a penalty for being caught.

YouTube

screenshots with animal wild life

YouTube

100% if you are maintaining a base. There will be micro transactions here for resources.
Old 2014-08-14, 12:09   Link #793
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yea, this is going to be game of the year so easily.
Old 2014-08-14, 12:40   Link #794
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Where is there mention of micro-transactions ? I haven't seen them mentioned anywhere outside this thread...

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 14:21   Link #795
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

It's a given. Any game this large of a scale and players keep infiltrating you for resources your GMP will be affected since you need to build, fulton/steal and grind to get more resources in game. Of course Konami will be silent with micro transactions, I'm betting on it since such a large game with a base maintenance I'm sure there will be some greedy dlc for this, but if not thank you Konami.

Also remember your MGSV GZ saves carriers over TPP.
Old 2014-08-14, 16:21   Link #796
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Of course Konami will be silent with micro transactions, I'm betting on it since such a large game with a base maintenance I'm sure there will be some greedy dlc for this, but if not thank you Konami.
So it's completely your own largely-baseless speculation? Good to know!
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 17:34   Link #797
solidvanz
Special Operative

Kojima talks about Metal Gear Solid remake, Skull Face inspiration and his career during Gamescom Q&A session

After showing new Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain gameplay at Gamescom’s Preview Event, Hideo Kojima answered some questions in an interview with Geoff Keighley.

The first question was: If you could remake any of your games with the FOX Engine, what would it be?

Kojima said he isn’t very keen on the idea of remaking his own games, since he’d rather create something new. But if he where to remake on of his games, it would be Metal Gear Solid 1.

He would act as a producer, with several of his team members working on the game. It wouldn’t be a standard remake, however, but rather something that brings it to the modern age. In this sense, Kojima compared it to the Planet of the Apes remakes, taking the best from the past and create something brand new with it, in a very modern style.

The next question was about his inspiration for Skull Face. Kojima provided a very in-depth and interesting answer.

First of all, as everyone knows Skull Face will be the bad guy in Metal Gear Solid V. However, he’s not just a plain old bad guy: his face has been stripped off, revealing his skull. This ‘skull face’ represents the human side that he lost, and the same thing happens to Big Boss, who becomes a ‘skull’ in his quest for revenge – he also loses some of his human side.

In Peace Walker, the MSF logo is also a skull. Snake and his allies fought under this symbol of a skull, and during his battle against Skull Face he forms Outer Heaven, which also uses the skull as a symbol. There is a sad story behind all of this, a subplot.

At last year’s E3, one of the key artworks the studio used was of an x-ray of Big Boss, showing just his bones and his skull. One of the themes in the game is race. If you look under the skin, at just the skull and bones, they are mostly the same for every human being, regardless of race. Skull Face also represents this, this faceless character who is the bad guy. This is also one of the subplots in the game.

The third question was: What has been the most exciting Metal Gear game to work on?

Kojima answered this was probably the first Metal Gear (1987), because he was new to the company, and no one in the studio understood his ideas at that point, but he was still given the chance to develop the game.

Kojima also said that, outside of Metal Gear, another game he liked working on was Boktai, since games were mainly perceived as something you play inside, and he wanted to take advantage of the portability of the handheld, making the solar sensor an important element. Some people were against the idea, and Kojima had to fight hard to convince them.

When asked about what lead role he’d like to play in a movie, if he could choose, Kojima answered Mad Max 2. This was a character who hardly speaks. Kojima compared it to Snake in MGSV, who also has very few lines.

After this, Kojima talked about his daily routine, saying he sleeps for about 4 hours every night, and tries to watch at least one movie before going to bed (against his doctor’s advice). He also enjoys watching making of videos, especially of those movies that did not turn out as well, but seeing the people behind it work really hard to make it work, is the thing that energizes Kojima the most.

Kojima said he is really fortunate to be able to make games like this. Gaming making is a very global art, you have to know a lot of things, understand how to implement different elements. It also requires a lot of energy, so you really have to love doing it. Kojima also called it a lonely profession, despite the fact that working with a team. When you’re trying to create something and people don’t grasp it, you have to make it work on your own. So for Kojima, the external support he receives from those who understand him is really important.

Link: http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=15469
Old 2014-08-14, 19:09   Link #798
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
So it's completely your own largely-baseless speculation? Good to know!
it's not baseless speculation, it's pretty much what I expect and my opinion to in a game like this also it's pretty much a given fact if you skip GZ you need to buy the DLC instead getting it for free in the data transfer. What does that say? Buy this game or you'll buy the dlc for the next game which sucks.

Also to add because you will never know when greed can overcome a company when they're making good games like this dlc's and micro transactions such are their downfall. I'm just worried that Konami will be like the others which I hope will not happen.
Old 2014-08-14, 19:59   Link #799
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
it's not baseless speculation, it's pretty much what I expect and my opinion to in a game like this also it's pretty much a given fact if you skip GZ you need to buy the DLC instead getting it for free in the data transfer. What does that say? Buy this game or you'll buy the dlc for the next game which sucks.

Also to add because you will never know when greed can overcome a company when they're making good games like this dlc's and micro transactions such are their downfall. I'm just worried that Konami will be like the others which I hope will not happen.
...Which still makes it a baseless speculation because unless I'm missing something- nowhere was it stated to even hint at micro-transactions and you're basing it on your fears alone and not legit evidence. You can call it opinions or expectations all you want, but it doesn't make it any less baseless.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 20:56   Link #800
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Not completely baseless, perhaps...Metal Gear Solid games are the only real money makers for Konami these days. I wouldn't be surprised if Konami wanted to put microtransactions into the picture, because a lot of gamers would fork over the money, and it'd be easy money for Konami.

If they don't put a bunch of microtransactions in the game, I see it as Kojima not wanting that, and battling with his bosses in that decision and winning out.