AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-08-29, 14:20   Link #801
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
Something tells me Yuu will have to take his brother's time leap ability. Since it looks like it he can't use his ability anymore since he's blind now. (since in the lab they put goggles over him to prevent him from seeing light which looks like is a requirement for his ability to work)

So yeah, I'm betting that's what Yuu's brother is planning to do.

I have cameras in your head!
Apache Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 14:54   Link #802
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post
Episode 9:
Nao looked adorable this episode
Cuteness overload!

So I'm sure through the time loop they will save Ayumi but another major event will be caused due to saving her. The question is what? And since this is Maeda we all that we'll be getting the "feels".
Old 2015-08-29, 15:13   Link #803
Tchadnis

this anime took a new turn , i am not sure how i feel about it .. but whoever that said something about Yu ability in the 1st episode was right .. damm i didnt except it to be like this but i also found it strange . why could he only take over a body for 5 sec
Old 2015-08-29, 15:50   Link #804
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Whoa! I'm still feeling dizzy from the sudden revelation! Dang, the Otosaka siblings nabbed major OP abilities!

Thought this series was beginning to bore me but now I'm hyped with this new turn of events! Looking forward to hearing about big bro's time-leap! But I wonder why they needed to erase Yu's and Ayumi's memories?

Also, we heard and saw gunshots right before/during Shun's power-up for his time leap...I wonder whether he got hit or Yu got hit?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 16:06   Link #805
MgMaster

Well, guess I'll be the 1st with the complaints this week.

You know, I can't help but see the concept of time travel as a cop-out the more I see it, unless the show revolves around it(not that it can't be screwed up even then). It's what often some previous events pointless for the most part. This is one of the worst examples too, IMO, as it just appears like a convenient twist, a concept that had absolutely no part in the anime for 9 freaking episodes.

The imouto was nothing more than a moeblob plot device(an annoying one but hey, everyone has their tastes) but a plot device needn't be such a bad thing when if it at least serves it's purpose and the story then moves on. Now, she's LESS than a plot device. Yuu's descent in ep 7 felt pretty damn pointless as it was seeing how quickly and easily it was resolved, not to mention how ridiculously over-the-top it was(and not in the good way). Now it feel's even more pointless, which I didn't think was possible.

I'd rather Maeda focuses more on developing the relationship between Yuu & Nao better, which is the one thing that could make use of all the previous episodes in order for the development to feel genuine.

On the bright side, there were none of those horrible Yusa fanboying gags this week!
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 17:03   Link #806
Arya

aha, can't say I'm fond of this development, but since it was already foreshadowed it wasn't a shock. As Yuu true power.
But the real reason is due that I was fully enjoying Nao's cuteness and her and Yuu date that when the episode turned to another direction I was a bit disappointed.
So now if Yuu had to go back to the past to save his sister, and I wonder why he should, apart for obvious personal reasons, but I suppose they will address it in the next episode, he will lose all his memories of Nao. Wait, no, for some reasons time rewinding doesn't reset memories. And in fact they had to do it manually. And that's because, well, because ...

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 17:04   Link #807
cyth
Banned

Spoiler for speculation:
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 17:08   Link #808
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchadnis View Post
this anime took a new turn , i am not sure how i feel about it .. but whoever that said something about Yu ability in the 1st episode was right .. damm i didnt except it to be like this but i also found it strange . why could he only take over a body for 5 sec
I'm not quite getting it. Could you expound on this?

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 17:10   Link #809
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

ooh so that's the twist. I knew his brother was probably the one pulling the strings ever since Nao told Yu about the 1 person she trusts, but I didn't expect time travel abilities. I did consider it once but quickly dismissed it. Of course they'll be rich, they have future knowledge, they probably took down lottery numbers for months or something

Ayumi's probably dead, but they're going to go back in time to save her. This just became very interesting!
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 17:53   Link #810
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
Cuteness overload!

So I'm sure through the time loop they will save Ayumi but another major event will be caused due to saving her. The question is what? And since this is Maeda we all that we'll be getting the "feels".
this also the first time we see Nao without her school uniform
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 19:27   Link #811
Peanutbutter

Well, that was a good episode, not that shocking, since we have been fed bits and parts, and also the title of this episode.

Casual Nao is cute, I'll go anywhere with her too.

Time leap element huh? Now, let's see if this coming ep 10 can rival another magical girl epic ep 10 that left me applauding at the end of it.

P.S: Someone did some matching and we actually saw the girl in Ep 6:

P.P.S: Oh, so ZHIEND may mean
Spoiler:
. Right, it's amazing how much details are placed all around. This is starting to fit the initial hype now.

Last edited by Peanutbutter; 2015-08-29 at 19:59.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 19:50   Link #812
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

So the big brother is the true mastermind, and then Yuu devises a plan to take everyone's powers before killing himself. The only one whose powers he cannot steal is Nao, since Yuu cannot steal the powers of a person he cannot see.

In the end, everyone survives except the big brother, and Yuu is fine, but as a remnant of whatever plot device is used to save the world, Nao's invisibility to Yuu becomes permanent. Yuu is forever cursed with the knowledge that the person he loves is somewhere out there, and everyone else can see her, but he alone will never be able to see, hear, or touch her. Nao is cursed to watch from the sidelines as her soulmate goes through life, knowing that senpai will never notice her.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 19:52   Link #813
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post
Episode 9:

Nao in casual clothing with a ponytail is just too cute.

I can't say I'm too fond of the time travel development even if it was foreshadowed. Well I at least want to see how the Older brother's time travel works.
Old 2015-08-29, 20:05   Link #814
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
So the big brother is the true mastermind, and then Yuu devises a plan to take everyone's powers before killing himself. The only one whose powers he cannot steal is Nao, since Yuu cannot steal the powers of a person he cannot see.

In the end, everyone survives except the big brother, and Yuu is fine, but as a remnant of whatever plot device is used to save the world, Nao's invisibility to Yuu becomes permanent. Yuu is forever cursed with the knowledge that the person he loves is somewhere out there, and everyone else can see her, but he alone will never be able to see, hear, or touch her. Nao is cursed to watch from the sidelines as her soulmate goes through life, knowing that senpai will never notice her.
her power is just invisibility, he can't see her, but can touch and maybe hear if her make enough sound.
remember she kicked him 2 times, he can touch her unless they change her power, otherwise his only problem will be "see her directly" but they can use some tricks for that like use cameras to watch over her, then he can watch her over the cameras will be a very difficult life but if him true love her things can "work".

really that was a great plost twistter at "matrix style" of alternative world, where his brother jump in time to change they fates and give then a "better life" but still the fear of the scientist can appear.

i believe which that "flashback" not was exactly a "past" in the sense of things which happened before his current age, that was a flashback of they current lifes in the previous timeline, or even they future, when the scientists found the first person which power then started to gather all peoples which power from japan, probably his brother and nao brother where the first ones to get caught then the scientists started to go a open hunt, which then they did a "x-men" move where his brother changed that future for a one where he created his "mutant academy" to protect the peoples and halt the scientists hunt for speciall peoples, which now they can't do at total pleasure, now they must do it "hidden".

now it's time for "imoto plot armor to tick and bring back the "kawaii imoto" from the dead.

this anime really surprised me and for me was a good surprise.
Old 2015-08-29, 21:18   Link #815
Albel VII

So they included time travel, after all... I can't say I'm surprised, but I'm still not very fond of it. At least, now Misa maybe will get a chance to survive, I guess.

I'm reaaaly curious how those researchers actually found about the time leaping power though. It doesn’t seem like something one just can observe.

Last edited by Albel VII; 2015-08-29 at 21:18. Reason: typos
Albel VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 23:03   Link #816
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albel VII View Post
So they included time travel, after all... I can't say I'm surprised, but I'm still not very fond of it. At least, now Misa maybe will get a chance to survive, I guess.

I'm reaaaly curious how those researchers actually found about the time leaping power though. It doesn’t seem like something one just can observe.
probably he was like yuu using his "power" to have gains like find out the lotery numbers and things like that then peoples started to suspect of his "too much good luck".
Old 2015-08-29, 23:23   Link #817
NovelReader

Such plot twist, at least the plot is moving forward now.
NovelReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 23:48   Link #818
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Wh-what?! Th-the worlds are l-looping?! Noooo~ way!

Meh, at least it was more interesting than all of the other episodes combined though.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 00:00   Link #819
Psyco Diver

Wow this plot twist is actually good, I really hope this ends up being good because this can take a average anime to a great one
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 00:46   Link #820
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
probably he was like yuu using his "power" to have gains like find out the lotery numbers and things like that then peoples started to suspect of his "too much good luck".
LOL getting carried away runs in the Otosaka family then.

I would have liked more character development with those new people though like the memory erasing girl and go through walls guy.... they seem like interesting people.

Tags
p.a. works, supernatural powers