Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-25, 16:10   Link #801
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
and the twist here is that even with kuu here setsuna has to die...so either way its a lose lose situation...he hasnt given up the idea of "killing all AA's" NOT including kuu...
YES HE HAS. Do you people not understand Japanese? He said he's wasn't going to destroy them dammit!

Quote:
Kyoshiro is a silver tongued jerk when it comes to women. Just accept it.
NO. Haven't you missed something important here? How about that fact that he would feel GUILTY about choosing a relationship with Kuu right away?

If he was a total jerk, he'd start making out with Kuu-chan behind Setsuna's back without telling her anything at all. But he did not choose to do this!
Old 2007-02-25, 16:18   Link #802
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
YES HE HAS. Do you people not understand Japanese?
Er... you honestly want an answer to that ? For the vast majority it would be - No.
Old 2007-02-25, 16:23   Link #803
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Er... you honestly want an answer to that ? For the vast majority it would be - No.
And as an aside, I do sort of wonder if some may be better off not posting summaries and impressions of raws in light of that (for the sake of their own reputation (I don't mean rep points)), but that's up to them...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 16:29   Link #804
Aurelia aurita
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi
NO. Haven't you missed something important here? How about that fact that he would feel GUILTY about choosing a relationship with Kuu right away?

If he was a total jerk, he'd start making out with Kuu-chan behind Setsuna's back without telling her anything at all. But he did not choose to do this!
I think you missed something important too, Chiibi.
Setsuna did notice Kyoshiro's affection for Kuu earlier on (see episode 5), but she didn't go into destroy mode because she didn't want to trouble him.
Also, kelvie said before that Kyoshiro felt guilty at first because it went against what he thought Kazuya told him to do, not because of Setsuna.
Aurelia aurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 16:43   Link #805
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Is Setsuna his girlfriend/lover ? Nop. And he has never considered her as one in any way. Hence - he can make out with whomever he wants without giving her the details Not like he needs her permission... as harsh as this may sound - thats just the situation Setsuna is in... and it is a pity, because she deserves better.
(Not doing so earns brownie points for him, and makes him less of an arse though )
Old 2007-02-25, 17:04   Link #806
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
That's what I'm saying! He's more considerate than what people give him credit for.
Old 2007-02-25, 18:15   Link #807
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Just finished watching eppy 8 it's nice to know the Tsubasa like character has finally appeared.
Old 2007-02-25, 18:19   Link #808
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

Kyoushirou is AWESOME and made of WIN. I personally think it has a lot more going for it than KNM did. I love Kaon and Himiko. Their characters are slightly more complex than their KNM counterparts.

Oh, graphic designers, could anyone 50/50 pixel this for me?

Thanks much in advance!
Yazakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 18:40   Link #809
Kipp
Uncertainty

It's correct that Setsuna is neither Kyoshiro's girlfriend, or lover, and that he's free to lock lips with whoever he wants. But that's not the basis I compare the three of them as.

It's perfectly ok for him to love Kuu romantically, and not feel the same about Setsuna.

What was annoying me was comparing them on the same AA level. Setsuna and Kuu are both AA's, yet he treats Sestuna like a tool. She's been there for him for probably a very long time. Obeying his orders, putting her life out on the line for him, etc etc. Kuu however, who is also an AA, gets treated much better. He treats her like a human, like a normal girl. Setsuna quietly watches it, and is well aware of it, and of Kuu's obvious feelings towards Kyoshiro. Then to finally find out he's wanting to break off whatever "contract" he has with her, to be with Kuu, Setsuna is obviously devastated. I'd be really upset too, even if it was just on a friend basis. It's like caring about someone, doing everything you can to help them, and yet the person you do this all for just distances them self from you. Then a new person comes in, who is just like you, and the person you care for treats them far better, and finally you hear that that person is wanting to be with the other.

Keep in mind this is just my opinion on the matter. I was already not very fond of Kyoshiro for wanting to killl the AA's just cause not-so-dead-brother wanted it so.
Kipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 19:59   Link #810
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

Just wodering...when is ep eight going to be fansubbed? It's driving me insane just waiting for it. :P
Yazakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 01:36   Link #811
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
YES HE HAS. Do you people not understand Japanese? He said he's wasn't going to destroy them dammit!

NO HE HAS NOT. He only said he loved Kuu even though she was an absolute angel, but he also EMPHASIZES that he will NOT let go of his brother's mission. He literally says that he will protect both the mission and Kuu. That's like Fllay from Gundam Seed saying she dislikes all coordinators, but loves Kira.

Keep in mind that he has a tongue of a politician. Kyoushiro tells a lot if you sit down and think what he's actually saying. By the end of the 2nd episode I was able to see through the poetry and deduced that Kuu was an absolute angel and he needed her power.

Quote:

Jerks can still have amounts of conscience. But that doesn't stop him from being one. Not to mention that he DID manhandle her and tell her to get lost did he?

I call him a jerk for collective bad treatment for both Kuu and Setsuna up until now. I don't like how he treats woman like objects. He acts like its his natural right to undress Kuu in public, kissing her without asking for consent, hiding the truth from her, and having his princely arse pampered by his worse than slave labor waged Setsuna.

The truth remains that Mika despite being really cruel, is still a lot more honest with her words than he is.

He has a long way to redeem himself.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 02:14   Link #812
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Does anyone know where the full lyrics to the ending theme, Madoromi no Rakuen, can be found? Preferably a scan of the lyrics. The CD has been released but I haven't been able to find the lyrics anywhere...

Thanks!

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 02:30   Link #813
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
Does anyone know where the full lyrics to the ending theme, Madoromi no Rakuen, can be found? Preferably a scan of the lyrics. The CD has been released but I haven't been able to find the lyrics anywhere...
My own copy of the CD is sitting in a box at home, unfortunately, but I was able to find this not-very-good-quality scan on the Internet. Hope it helps...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 13:57   Link #814
inaho

Can't you see guys the Kyoshiro before hated AA's that's why he didn't overlook Setsuna's feelings for him

But ever since Kuu came that made him changed and I doubt that he will kill Setsuna. He even said that he will tell Setsuna first about his feelings for Kuu, honestly lets give the guy credits for realizing that in their world its not just black or white, there is color.

To put things simply, regardless of who you are, machine or human, and whether you have lived in darkness you still have that spark hidden in you, sooner or later you'll see the light through
inaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 14:12   Link #815
inaho

How do I delete my post? I just edited it but somehow I could not delete

is there any delet button here?

Last edited by inaho; 2007-02-27 at 12:27.
Old 2007-02-26, 14:18   Link #816
inaho

Can't you see guys the Kyoshiro before hated AA's that's why he didn't overlook Setsuna's feelings for him

But ever since Kuu came that made him changed and I doubt that he will kill Setsuna. He even said that he will tell Setsuna first about his feelings for Kuu, honestly lets give the guy credits for realizing that in their world its not just black or white, there is color.

To put things simply, regardless of who you are, machine or human, and whether you have lived in darkness you still have that spark hidden in you, sooner or later you'll see the light through

Quote:
Jerks can still have amounts of conscience. But that doesn't stop him from being one. Not to mention that he DID manhandle her and tell her to get lost did he?

I call him a jerk for collective bad treatment for both Kuu and Setsuna up until now. I don't like how he treats woman like objects. He acts like its his natural right to undress Kuu in public, kissing her without asking for consent, hiding the truth from her, and having his princely arse pampered by his worse than slave labor waged Setsuna.
Kyoshiro is a jerk alright but he suffered a great lost, if you guys were in his shoes would you be able to handle the psychological effects of what he has seen and been through?like losing his one and only family. Mika doesn't like him. His other brother (the one that handles taroutte) left as well. But Kazuya stayed and seeing that he lost him is absolutely devastating and learning that the AA's where the reason why he lost Kazuya had a serious effect on him (which is of course a lie)

So let's just give the guy some slack, He wouldn't have hated the AA's if he knows the truth right

And as far as setsuna goes she you can't also blame her, she has her reasons why she didn't try to tell Kyoshiro what she truly feels about him. Its really tormenting to be in the position of having to have two choices and neither of them has a positive outcome or you don't even know what you are in for

Its just the case of to be or not to be, eventually Setsuna loses since she didn't even take a dip unlike Kuu who risks her chances of being liked or unliked by Kyoshiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
and the twist here is that even with kuu here setsuna has to die...so either way its a lose lose situation...he hasnt given up the idea of "killing all AA's" NOT including kuu...

fine ill take setsuna then
if and only if setsuna dies (hoping not):

it won't be in the hands of Kyoshiro or
if Kyoshiro kills setsuna it would be because Setsuna wants to be killed by him or
if they are in a situation were Kyoshiro is in a life or death situation and Setsuna chooses to die inorder to save him (Kuu as well, maybe)

Last edited by inaho; 2007-02-27 at 12:23.
Old 2007-02-26, 14:23   Link #817
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ Edit button is there for a reason you know How about simply editing your post to add more stuff, instead of triple-posting
Old 2007-02-26, 14:23   Link #818
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
My own copy of the CD is sitting in a box at home, unfortunately, but I was able to find this not-very-good-quality scan on the Internet. Hope it helps...
Yep, that's good enough. Thank you!

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 18:26   Link #819
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

So, got around to watching ep8.

Well, the big question whether Kyoshiro sleeps with Kuu or covers her up is indeed answered - Neither! He pushes her aside and runs away. lol

Ill give him points for knowing what to say later though, during his confession to Kuu (I am still trying to figure out how he knew where to look for her though). At least he realizes he has been not-so-polite towards Setsuna ... what do you know - he is not completely oblivious to his surroundings while living in a Nii-san dreamworld.

Speaking of his Nii-san ... was i the only one who burst out laughing at Kazuya's entrance, with the feathers and the orchestra playing in the background ?

Well, the reunion sure didn't go as Kyoshiro had planned ... i smell more angst during next ep. I highly doubt Kuu is going to follow Kazuya... though that, probably, won't stop Kazuya from taking her away anyway. Then Kyoshiro will give chase (after a lot of whining and crying about the situation ofc).

Looks like Kaon is free from whatever that seal holding/controlling her was.

Have to feel sorry for Setsuna ... she is sure getting the shortest end of the stick. And somehow i don't think she is going to make it out alive from all this mess. (And most likely kicking the bucket while protecting Kyoshiro/Kuu at that).

Can't wait for the next ep... maybe some light will be finally shed on why every one and his grandma is after Kuu.
Old 2007-02-26, 18:53   Link #820
Key Board
Carbon

::urge to spoil rising::

let's just say the next episode will be both mean and touching... probably more of the former XD
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, kaishaku, romance, shounen