AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-08-02, 21:25   Link #801
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I don't think the competition between the three girls is boring yet. The problem is that the chapter releases are too far apart. And while Karin has more firsts, she is not THE first. I love that the end is still debatable. It's not like it's a Seo title or anything.
I also like how all 3 girls still have a valid shots. It makes things unpredictable. At first it was a two horse race between Shizuka and Karin, but Soyogi just made up a TON of ground recently. So IMO no one girl is too far in the lead at this point.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 21:34   Link #802
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
I also like how all 3 girls still have a valid shots. It makes things unpredictable. At first it was a two horse race between Shizuka and Karin, but Soyogi just made up a TON of ground recently. So IMO no one girl is too far in the lead at this point.
personally i think chances are still really high that Shizuku is gonna be the final girl even if the playing ground has been levelled a little.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 21:44   Link #803
wingman32x

Shizuku doesn't have much of a distinct advantage though other than being the first girl. All three girls have had moments alone with Nagi, and the moments themselves have been pretty even. I don't see one girl far ahead of the other two at this point.
Old 2010-08-02, 22:44   Link #804
Dark Mage

Quote:
Shizuku doesn't have much of a distinct advantage though other than being the first girl. All three girls have had moments alone with Nagi, and the moments themselves have been pretty even. I don't see one girl far ahead of the other two at this point.

Yeah I agree to this. Its pretty evenly matched atm
Old 2010-08-02, 23:32   Link #805
cyberdemon

well the distinct possibility that this manga has compared to other mangas is that a harem end is very possible.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 00:27   Link #806
wingman32x

I'm okay with a harem ending if one of two things happen.

1) They go into detail about the Dragon God and Cape Maiden tradition. Because they're making it sound like he can only "favor" one.

2) Or they could do the whole "Change the system" thing, but I don't really want this to happen.
Old 2010-08-03, 12:44   Link #807
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I would totally want to change the system. With girls like that, a harem is definitely possible. Realistically speaking, a harem is a nightmare because having one girl is a pain in the ass. If you had more than one, that means more gifts, more, attention, etc. But when they worship and respect you, as well as respect each other, then it's a different story.

But yeah, I think it's even for all of the girls right now as well.
Old 2010-08-03, 13:34   Link #808
wingman32x

I would want a harem ending in this manga because the two girls who lose won't deserve to IMO. They all deserve to win.

That, and I'm afraid of what's going to happen to the two maidens that don't get favored.
Old 2010-08-06, 20:20   Link #809
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Yeah, there is a lot of (not to sound like TV Tropes) grim foreboding in some of the things said in the past episodes. Chap 52 in Nagi's conversation with Rinni, he begins to examine the sacrifice of the first island maidens in light of his personal knowledge, and she answers in a manner that Nagi refers to as "having witnessed the story firsthand”. She starts to ask or tell Nagi something “Niinii, you might also…” . Not to mention the references to “fate” by Shizuku. And I agree all three deserve to gain favor -and I'd like to understand the concept as meant by the author!
crossguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 07:00   Link #810
KLGChaos
The Shermain

The problem with sacrificing people is that in this day and age, you'd think people might have a problem with it. You know, if Hawaii suddenly started throwing young girls into volcanoes, I doubt the government would stand for that, religious beliefs or not. There'd be an uproar. Though I did mention the sacrifice thing way back when they first introduced that rock. I remember hoping that they weren't so barbaric to actually do that sort of stuff still.
Old 2010-08-07, 08:00   Link #811
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
The problem with sacrificing people is that in this day and age, you'd think people might have a problem with it. You know, if Hawaii suddenly started throwing young girls into volcanoes, I doubt the government would stand for that, religious beliefs or not. There'd be an uproar. Though I did mention the sacrifice thing way back when they first introduced that rock. I remember hoping that they weren't so barbaric to actually do that sort of stuff still.
Only if officials will know about sacrifice. People on Island are a very closed community - even most of people on the closest island doesn't know about their religion. If no one will report "sacrifice" no one will send cops.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 12:41   Link #812
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

No matter how civilized people may act, if their religion says to kill a young girl - they will do it.

Fight Nagi! Fight!
Old 2010-08-07, 14:13   Link #813
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Only if officials will know about sacrifice. People on Island are a very closed community - even most of people on the closest island doesn't know about their religion. If no one will report "sacrifice" no one will send cops.
This.

The island has always given me the feeling that they are a very exclusive group of people. They're in the middle of the ocean, and I don't think I've seen any sort of authorities here. On top of that, none of the available Maidens has parents on the island, and nobody except Karin has family on the island. On top of that it seems like the whole town fully supports this whole dragon god thing and whatever rituals may come with it. That's a pretty bad combination of circumstances.
Old 2010-08-07, 17:25   Link #814
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Ooba's tale doesn't mention anything but voluntary sacrifice, just not much detail...
Old 2010-08-07, 17:26   Link #815
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

I Love Typos.
Old 2010-08-08, 05:32   Link #816
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Anyone read special chapter 66.5 yet? It tells the story of how Tama and Mike first met during school. Super adorable chapter overall.
Old 2010-08-08, 17:19   Link #817
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Anyone read special chapter 66.5 yet? It tells the story of how Tama and Mike first met during school. Super adorable chapter overall.
Yes, it was very cute. I can't help but think that Mike won't be leaving anytime soon, since she got her own extra chapter and all.
Old 2010-08-08, 17:48   Link #818
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yes, it was very cute. I can't help but think that Mike won't be leaving anytime soon, since she got her own extra chapter and all.
Yeah, she isn't going anywhere, but it's going to be very hard to take what she does seriously in terms of (if she chooses to) romancing Nagi. If she elects to, her chances are lower than Soyogi's during the beginning of the series.
Old 2010-08-08, 21:34   Link #819
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Real....flat-chested....loli =03! Needs more Rinne time though. There haven't been any Rinne moments of love with Nagi since she was "winning" in the beginning =0\.

I'm not so sure about the "Miike staying" though. It sounds plausible, but she said she was only taking a vacation, not to mention being a big-time actress on a national network. Staying out to a secluded island with nothing on it just doesn't seem like something that'll happen.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 00:33   Link #820
Dark Mage

Quote:
Yeah, she isn't going anywhere, but it's going to be very hard to take what she does seriously in terms of (if she chooses to) romancing Nagi. If she elects to, her chances are lower than Soyogi's during the beginning of the series.
Oh, ofcourse she wont have much of a chance but I want her to be serious about it because it will effect the 3 maidens more than Nagi. It will make tthem feel that an outsider girl is still a girl and it doesnt have to be a girl out of the 3. You know something unexpected, so far, this manga lacks drama. I dont want this to become another Pastel.

Mike's special chapter was cute especially the part where they decided on their nicknames. I am curious to know why the name "TAMA" irritates the midget-teacher so much

Tags
ecchi, harem, romance, rural, seinen