Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-04-08, 05:50   Link #8361
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by medassin View Post
edit: seem no update
What does it mean? Was it discontinued? Or just a hiatus?

I heard Death March supposedly "doesn't do well" lately on this thread, but the LN sales do good enough, AFAIK with around 17k sales per volume in the first week each even after having reached into the second digit, which is pretty good in comparison to most isekai that can't even get to 10k. Unfortunately it seems the anime failed at giving the LN any boost, considering none of the LN volumes got into the top 20 in recent (physical copy) sales numbers I have seen over on MAL (Death March as a series seems to have barely gotten 20th place 2 weeks ago, according to Oricon sales though).

So could this closing of the WN be for a different reason perhaps? Author just wants to focus on the LN version maybe? Or something commercial, like the publisher asking the author to take it down to get more people to read the LN? I think Death March had a pretty good concept though with various LN-exclusive stories giving people an incentive to still continue reading the LN.

Edit: Or is it just on break for a week? I don't get what's going on here. The Google Translated version of that line could be interpreted either way.
Old 2018-04-08, 08:51   Link #8362
Asuka'
Nin Nin

zena at earth...
Images
big
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by LKK; 2018-04-08 at 09:51. Reason: added images tag
Asuka' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 08:55   Link #8363
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Tada-kun...
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 09:06   Link #8364
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

She has a generic anime face. The kind that I use to draw back in high school.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 09:30   Link #8365
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post

I heard Death March supposedly "doesn't do well" lately on this thread, but the LN sales do good enough, AFAIK with around 17k sales per volume in the first week each even after having reached into the second digit, which is pretty good in comparison to most isekai that can't even get to 10k. Unfortunately it seems the anime failed at giving the LN any boost, considering none of the LN volumes got into the top 20 in recent (physical copy) sales numbers I have seen over on MAL (Death March as a series seems to have barely gotten 20th place 2 weeks ago, according to Oricon sales though).

So could this closing of the WN be for a different reason perhaps? Author just wants to focus on the LN version maybe? Or something commercial, like the publisher asking the author to take it down to get more people to read the LN? I think Death March had a pretty good concept though with various LN-exclusive stories giving people an incentive to still continue reading the LN.

Edit: Or is it just on break for a week? I don't get what's going on here. The Google Translated version of that line could be interpreted either way.
Calm your shit down bro
Nobody gonna take Death March from you boi
Just no update this time, will be back next week
Old 2018-04-08, 10:56   Link #8366
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

GreyZone was in a panic mode for a bit there.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 11:00   Link #8367
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
GreyZone was in a panic mode for a bit there.
Well, probably because I still got to read medassin's original post before the edit, which seemed to sound very different. Even after the edit I couldn't get the possibility out of my mind completely.

Still, I don't understand why some people say that Death March is "latetly doing bad", because the most recent volume had AFAIK around 17k first-week sales, which, as I already mentioned previously, is pretty damn good among isekai novels, only being bested by the top of the top like Re:Zero or Slime.
Old 2018-04-08, 21:37   Link #8368
medassin

Quote:

tldr
clam down bro if u use gg slowly, u will read "today of update no.....rest (instead close with quick trans)" so its mean author take rest bc he feel sick.
Old 2018-04-08, 21:40   Link #8369
The Green One

Even authors need break sometimes, taking a week off is nothing to panic over.
Old 2018-04-08, 22:08   Link #8370
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Quote:
Still, I don't understand why some people say that Death March is "latetly doing bad", because the most recent volume had AFAIK around 17k first-week sales, which, as I already mentioned previously, is pretty damn good among isekai novels, only being bested by the top of the top like Re:Zero or Slime.
No, the bolded one is the truth. Trial arc is boring as hell, the latest one with hero seigi doesn't develop into any fight also and while saga empire official that tagging along is annoying as hell it also doesn't develop into any conflict.
The emperor should already know that satuu = nanashi, but it seems that info isn't handed down to the official.

And you should understand LN vol is still around labyrinth arc, which is the highlight or should i say right before the top (IMHO) of the curve, and the quality of the story after weasel arc will fall like a meteor. The trial arc especially is a let down, I feel the very first arc is more interesting than that.
Old 2018-04-08, 22:47   Link #8371
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^GreyZone interpreted "doing bad" as in financially
Of course sales is the only thing that matters, right?
Actual quality be damned
Old 2018-04-09, 00:28   Link #8372
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka' View Post
No, the bolded one is the truth. Trial arc is boring as hell, the latest one with hero seigi doesn't develop into any fight also and while saga empire official that tagging along is annoying as hell it also doesn't develop into any conflict.
The emperor should already know that satuu = nanashi, but it seems that info isn't handed down to the official.

And you should understand LN vol is still around labyrinth arc, which is the highlight or should i say right before the top (IMHO) of the curve, and the quality of the story after weasel arc will fall like a meteor. The trial arc especially is a let down, I feel the very first arc is more interesting than that.
No
Really... the boring part is "the waiting for the next update" thing
If we also have to wait for the next week update when it is still vol 12 wn . I think you will feel the same... boring Though

The second one is cause there is no wondering part that make us to curious and wondering what will happen next and make us want the next week to came faster

The third one is cause we are not being given what we want to know
And present it with detour story
I mean why we have to care about trial thing if we are a person that blood thirsty and like blood fight conflict and war
I mean where is the excitement?
Give us our excitement regarding
Sugar relationship with the women around him
About sugar kicking the bad guy ass
And we want sugar to fight and battle the pillar gods and win again them while using his cheat and trampling them beneath sugar foot and make him supreme being etc etc

Meh
But then if the author give us that and just rush to that
It will not make the story make sense

Spoiler for what i think really happen:
mastermind3342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-09, 09:55   Link #8373
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^GreyZone interpreted "doing bad" as in financially
Of course sales is the only thing that matters, right?
Actual quality be damned
Oops. I'm under the impression that "doing bad" was about the story, because that was what I feel about the current arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind3342 View Post
No
Really... the boring part is "the waiting for the next update" thing
If we also have to wait for the next week update when it is still vol 12 wn . I think you will feel the same... boring Though

The second one is cause there is no wondering part

The third one is cause we are not being given what we want to know
And present it with detour story

This time great demon lord is the type that moving behind scene thing
1. Nay, when i catched up the raw it was around vol 14 ongoing, weasel arc. On that arc (vol 14-15) I never feel boring when waiting for the weekly updates.

2. Yea, we know satuu will clear them / on the victory road.

3. Nay, it doesn't really matter whether it is a bloodbath or country management or princess savior, I like both.

4. Which maou did you mean? If I remember right the demon lord in oracle were all defeated (7 or 8)
Old 2018-04-09, 20:48   Link #8374
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

Really? My bad then my mistake
From no 3 can i interprete it that the trial thing is not one of the list ?
4. Great Maou from the general mobile armor incident in vol 16 -13
Goblin king or something
There is quite alot of foreshadowing of this
My bet the chief is the last demon lord and the last boss . I think
mastermind3342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-11, 04:54   Link #8375
DyingBreed...?
Sultan of swing

i have only read the first 3 or four volumes and forgot about the series. And now i just watch the first 2 episodes and well not my cup of tea.
DyingBreed...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-11, 06:44   Link #8376
Hokoga

^ (-_-") Well thanks for sharing I guess…
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-11, 06:56   Link #8377
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^^Haters gonna hate!
Old 2018-04-11, 08:50   Link #8378
Show1983
RAW manga/LN provider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyingBreed...? View Post
i have only read the first 3 or four volumes and forgot about the series. And now i just watch the first 2 episodes and well not my cup of tea.

Absolute madlad!!
Show1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-11, 11:28   Link #8379
DyingBreed...?
Sultan of swing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show1983 View Post
Absolute madlad!!
Not really funbrat...

Share and forget meaningless things quite a large part in life i guess.... I digest i prefer round black thights

Hate me ? nah just some different taste and view, white garfield.
DyingBreed...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-11, 18:50   Link #8380
tuckersister

What's Satou's party current level now?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adapted to anime, adapted to ln, adapted to manga, anti-romance mc, beastgirl, cooking, fake harem, generic mc, harem, heretic mc, isekai, op mc, rpg-like character, slavery, touring