AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-08-23, 00:25   Link #8461
Saber024

a whole lot of better endings than the sickness card... Seo-sensei, come on, burn some creative juice on this!
Old 2011-08-23, 00:35   Link #8462
mangaf_cksdotcom

I think by now, Haruto's friends already accepted the fact that he loves Eba more than Asuka.. After a weird acceptance from Asuka (courtesy of Seo) the gang has less reason to rage.

there will be a bigger drama, it's either an arranged marriage (for father's business' sake) or travel abroad (study or business related).

I don't think Seo is brave enough to face a raging mob of otakus (not to mention the possibility of assassination attempts by MFs) if he kills Eba by a disease. But if it really is sickness, could it be related to Kazama? hmmm... a request to have sex before kazama took the surgery?

Kazama: "this surgery has a very low chance of success, this is my final chance, i might die, so can you possibly bend over?"

Eba: "b-but... o-ok... i really think this is my duty"

Eba-fans: "OMG, Eba, you really are a saint!" "KYaaa!!! She's so perfect"

Sane people: "W-T-F?!!!"

Afterall, what the hell do we know about Eba? To what extent her relationship with Kazama? Her life before Hiroshima? Her life between the timeskip? The occurrences in tokyo arc that Haruto assumed by himself, not explained by Eba? Eba as usual didn't waste any breath to explain. It was what Haruto wanted to hear, because if a person wants to know the truth, it should come directly from the person involved.

Seo: "Yo, don't sweat those small details... it sells, it's highly-praised, deal with it"

*faxed nude pictures of KNIM characters to a number of otakus (no, i did not say they were gathering on MF)*
Seo: "Cover ME!"
Old 2011-08-23, 02:11   Link #8463
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaf_cksdotcom View Post
I think by now, Haruto's friends already accepted the fact that he loves Eba more than Asuka.. After a weird acceptance from Asuka (courtesy of Seo) the gang has less reason to rage.

there will be a bigger drama, it's either an arranged marriage (for father's business' sake) or travel abroad (study or business related).

I don't think Seo is brave enough to face a raging mob of otakus (not to mention the possibility of assassination attempts by MFs) if he kills Eba by a disease. But if it really is sickness, could it be related to Kazama? hmmm... a request to have sex before kazama took the surgery?

Kazama: "this surgery has a very low chance of success, this is my final chance, i might die, so can you possibly bend over?"

Eba: "b-but... o-ok... i really think this is my duty"

Eba-fans: "OMG, Eba, you really are a saint!" "KYaaa!!! She's so perfect"

Sane people: "W-T-F?!!!"

Afterall, what the hell do we know about Eba? To what extent her relationship with Kazama? Her life before Hiroshima? Her life between the timeskip? The occurrences in tokyo arc that Haruto assumed by himself, not explained by Eba? Eba as usual didn't waste any breath to explain. It was what Haruto wanted to hear, because if a person wants to know the truth, it should come directly from the person involved.

Seo: "Yo, don't sweat those small details... it sells, it's highly-praised, deal with it"

*faxed nude pictures of KNIM characters to a number of otakus (no, i did not say they were gathering on MF)*
Seo: "Cover ME!"
well we know about her relationship with kazama. Even Kazama said they weren't intimate.

i personally still like the sickness theory. it does explain some (but not all) of her actions. Like she didn't want Haruto to find out about i which was why she lied. Or for all we know she could've first met kazama at the hospital. going out with kazama and seeing him through that period would also possibly alleviate her own worries. Plus it would give a reason for why to bring in the sudden surgery if it was only destined to fail 2 or 3 chapters later.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 03:37   Link #8464
mangaf_cksdotcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
well we know about her relationship with kazama. Even Kazama said they weren't intimate.

i personally still like the sickness theory. it does explain some (but not all) of her actions. Like she didn't want Haruto to find out about i which was why she lied. Or for all we know she could've first met kazama at the hospital. going out with kazama and seeing him through that period would also possibly alleviate her own worries. Plus it would give a reason for why to bring in the sudden surgery if it was only destined to fail 2 or 3 chapters later.
most mangas use the Abroad and Sickness idea most of the time, so anything can happen here. But KNIM becoming dark would be more exciting!

That's the main problem in this manga, Eba is used to lying. Added with her unknown background and muteness, who knows when she is lying or not.

Eba told Haruto that Kazama befriend her at school... And parents wouldn't send their child as far as Hiroshima (alone) if she is going to die soon. Plus the treatment of her family to her.. dying person should have special treatment. So i guess we can't use the sick theory, unless Eba was lying back then, OR she was only sick after Tokyo Arc... the way Rin helps her with Haruto, more haruto house-visit and lovey dovey exposures, when she said "sweating is good for her health", we can even count the desperate confession in the pond, so she can be with Haruto before she dies...

Well, we can only assume, while Seo's out there laughing and counting his money...
Old 2011-08-23, 05:26   Link #8465
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

This is a obvious trap set by Seo to lure people to buy his manga again
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 07:32   Link #8466
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
This is a obvious trap set by Seo to lure people to buy his manga again
What you mean by "again" ? Last volume (the Asuka-nice-boat one) sold better than the three volumes before, and those sales were already pretty good.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 08:04   Link #8467
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
What you mean by "again" ? Last volume (the Asuka-nice-boat one) sold better than the three volumes before, and those sales were already pretty good.
Well, I'm just being sarcastic with the word "again".
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 10:45   Link #8468
cyberdemon

Quote:
most mangas use the Abroad and Sickness idea most of the time, so anything can happen here. But KNIM becoming dark would be more exciting!

That's the main problem in this manga, Eba is used to lying. Added with her unknown background and muteness, who knows when she is lying or not.

Eba told Haruto that Kazama befriend her at school... And parents wouldn't send their child as far as Hiroshima (alone) if she is going to die soon. Plus the treatment of her family to her.. dying person should have special treatment. So i guess we can't use the sick theory, unless Eba was lying back then, OR she was only sick after Tokyo Arc... the way Rin helps her with Haruto, more haruto house-visit and lovey dovey exposures, when she said "sweating is good for her health", we can even count the desperate confession in the pond, so she can be with Haruto before she dies...

Well, we can only assume, while Seo's out there laughing and counting his money...
it actually wouldn't be that odd to send her away if she's sick. I've seen it in other games and anime where someone is sent to another location because their health was bad and a change of location would be good for them. generally those also involve sending them to the countryside where they can get fresh air. Not to mention if she was sick it wouldn't have been good for her health to keep letting her get so stressed from arguing with Rin so much.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 10:49   Link #8469
Xaturas

Key AIDS bring it on !_!.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 14:30   Link #8470
Zetsubo
著述遮断

LOL

I sometimes read drama romance manga, and I kinda don't want the drama part to be too over powering... but then... that defeats the purpose.

Kinda like seeing too much romance in a romance manga.

I swear I am weird.

It's like, waiting for "Just the right about of ingredients" and then hopefully the "perfect taste and fit"

LOL

What can I say... people are tricky to please.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 14:49   Link #8471
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
I sometimes read drama romance manga, and I kinda don't want the drama part to be too over powering... but then... that defeats the purpose.

Kinda like seeing too much romance in a romance manga.
Well this series has a lot of shallow drama and questionable romance.
Quote:
It's like, waiting for "Just the right about of ingredients" and then hopefully the "perfect taste and fit"

What can I say... people are tricky to please.
Have you read Ichigo 100%, its very balance IMO, more light hearted in comparison w/ KNIM.
Old 2011-08-23, 14:57   Link #8472
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Sometimes I think authors get editorialized to death (to maximize current market trends etc)

Other times, I think the authors are out of steam and really pushing the story telling part of being a mangaka simply to meet contractual obligation.

One thing is certain, being a serialized mangaka is tough !!!
Old 2011-08-23, 15:27   Link #8473
mangaf_cksdotcom

are the editors/publishers/authors losing money whenever readers like us are just waiting for scanlations?

honestly, i like the early part of this manga where you can say "ok, good, that was funny, this guy is so dense".
But in the Tokyo arc, i suddenly blurt out "HUH?! What the F!, REALLY?! that's bull***t!
Well, even if i dont like the manga anymore, i cant drop it because im still hoping for another 180 by Seo, and ofcourse it's fun reading thru forums... you cant post if you haven't read..

uhm, BTW, what course in college does Eba currently take?
Old 2011-08-23, 15:59   Link #8474
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
are the editors/publishers/authors losing money whenever readers like us are just waiting for scanlations?

honestly, i like the early part of this manga where you can say "ok, good, that was funny, this guy is so dense".
But in the Tokyo arc, i suddenly blurt out "HUH?! What the F!, REALLY?! that's bull***t!
Well, even if i dont like the manga anymore, i cant drop it because im still hoping for another 180 by Seo, and ofcourse it's fun reading thru forums... you cant post if you haven't read..

I suppose it is one of those moral dilemmas that is precipitated by the first and foremost problem.

These Manga are typically not available in English, from a publisher, up to date and freshly released.

Even if they are officially translated, they are typically months late which is no good for this Global internet village mankind is currently building.

A backlog English translation is painful for some manga fans.

As long as English speaking Manga and Anime fans fell "left out" or "far behind" their will be a need for scanlations.

That said, Maybe the Japanese concerns loose money... if they properly tap the market they may make more... but if the market you have currently can sustain you, then there is no major rush for international export.

I also surmise many Japanese artists and publishers are not comfortable publishing in the West.

1. Will it generate sustainable and a profitable Return on investment ?

2. Are there Cultural differences that have to be "edited in or out" based on the local comic book authorities

3. Will this hassle be appreciated by the Japanese fans (many of whom are very afraid of international readers.)

4. How do these publisher protect their property once the West gets a translated copy of it ?

Lets face it, English markets are harder to defend for Japanese authors and publishers because of its sheer size. The USA alone is horrendously huge... let alone its Siblings Australia, New Zealand, Canada, UK and the West Indies.

The market mass is too much... and the YEN is not exactly healthy right now... let alone having to scale prices according to market... in otherwords... "HOW DO YOU ZONE MANGA ?"

One copy may be worth $2.00 US in New York... but in New Zealand you cant just exactly convert by forex. You would have to price it differently... and then ... what is to stop a book shop from getting New Zealand Copies that maybe cheaper in USD and sell it in the USA... or vice-versa.

Its a serious logistics problem i suppose,. but im not a business major so I am not 100% certain of what i just posted.
Old 2011-08-23, 16:03   Link #8475
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:

There no mention of Eba educational status, but I'm going w/ psychology

I don't like series, but it does make good conversation topics.
Old 2011-08-23, 16:58   Link #8476
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
They lose party money because the raw is still shared on the web even if there would be no scanlation available. That's why there has been a few anti-manga online reader attacks where either the site had to be closed or loads of series needed to be removed. But then again by now even in Japan the online reading option is becoming more popular for a small price, that is .

As for scanlation versus offical scanlated volume release: There's a certain risk for the latter offical group. Obviously, scanlations are for free and despite of scalators keep remind to support the offical release once available, scanlations are faster available due to chapter by chapter release. Furthermore, most people I guess are now so used to those translation versions that they might complain about the "inferior" quality of the offical one (ignoring how "grave" it would actually be). And most scan groups offer more fan goodies like color pages, high quality cleaning, etc. Personally, online reading is just extremly convenient so that I even don't get the idea to buy a volume unless I happen to come across a bookstore.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 00:13   Link #8477
mangaf_cksdotcom

are these scanlators being paid? scanlations are shared thru the internet but some webpages are asking for money and some just asks for donations which i think is ok..

why dont the publishers hire their own scanlators? Then sell them exclusively to webpage owners and disable downloads to avoid other people to upload it on other pages.

Well, it's convenient that we are enjoying manga for free.
Old 2011-08-24, 00:36   Link #8478
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
are these scanlators being paid? scanlations are shared thru the internet but some webpages are asking for money and some just asks for donations which i think is ok..

why dont the publishers hire their own scanlators? Then sell them exclusively to webpage owners and disable downloads to avoid other people to upload it on other pages.

Well, it's convenient that we are enjoying manga for free.
If it wasn't free, I wouldn't be reading it at all.

I will buy the the books, afterward as a hobby, if the series was enjoyable for me, like Ichigo 100%. lol@ at fact people would go further and buy toys, but thats just me.

I think the Scanlators are doing it for free, some are asking for money to buy the actual magazine to translate (speculation, not fact on my part).
Old 2011-08-24, 06:47   Link #8479
kakajd

Is Kimi no Iru machi getting animated?

And newest chapter was really nice, very sweet.
Old 2011-08-24, 08:13   Link #8480
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Chapter 147 is out...

Spoiler for Chapter 147:

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life