Old 2015-02-13, 01:31   Link #901
Platypus

I love hisako voice
Old 2015-02-13, 04:25   Link #902
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
And it looks like Ookura's going to create something awesome. Can't wait.
It should be amazing, in-universe wise.
Ogura Hiromasa is the art director for Wings of Honneamise, Ghost in the Shell, the first two Patlabor movies, Ninja Scroll, first episode of Giant Robo the Day the Earth stood still, Jinroh, Last Exile, the final arc of Nadia Mystery of Blue Water, etc, etc.

In other words, objectively a true legend.

Last edited by aohige; 2015-02-13 at 05:06.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 06:25   Link #903
MarkS00N

I find it interesting that Aoi's animation at the end is the same as the one prepared for Tatiana:
http://imgur.com/a/Xnuj2

Last edited by MarkS00N; 2015-02-13 at 07:23.
MarkS00N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 09:00   Link #904
D-Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post
I find it interesting that Aoi's animation at the end is the same as the one prepared for Tatiana:
http://imgur.com/a/Xnuj2
Damn, nice find!
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 09:35   Link #905
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Jesus christ the animation quality plummeted this episode. I thought I was watching a Satelight or A-1 Pictures episode this week because some of the faces of several characters looked demented, particularly the VA that was voicing Aria.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 10:23   Link #906
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Um, Yano's father was hospitalized remember?
Obviously not. Nor is it of much significance which parent was hospitalized, is it? It's hard enough keeping track of the multitude of characters in this show, never mind their parents.

I was also impressed while making my current avatar that the scene with Yano at the end of the episode was shot "on-the-ones." That's why the pan up her body is so smooth. I don't really pay much attention to the animation quality in a show like this, which is designed as a light entertainment where the characters and story are primary. I only noticed it while making the avatar.

While Ookura-san did eventually sign on, I wondered if the MusAni team might have been well served if Aoi had also asked Shigeru to accompany her to the meeting. Having another person who is the same age as Ookura might have helped things along.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 14:04   Link #907
cyth
Banned

Man, Ookura is such a tsundere. I wonder if his real-life counterpart is the same, or maybe he lost a bet and had to sign on for that.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 15:10   Link #908
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Jesus christ the animation quality plummeted this episode. I thought I was watching a Satelight or A-1 Pictures episode this week because some of the faces of several characters looked demented, particularly the VA that was voicing Aria.
The studio you're looking for is "Magic Bus", that's the company PAW outsorced this episode to.
Old 2015-02-13, 16:23   Link #909
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
The studio you're looking for is "Magic Bus", that's the company PAW outsorced this episode to.
Roflmao. Quite ironic considering what the episode was about.

Or was it intentional?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 16:47   Link #910
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Am I the only one who haven't seen any problems? I watched the story not design bugs.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 17:10   Link #911
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Actually, I didn't notice anything either. But then again, I watch all my anime on 4.7 inch screen so there's that too.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 17:33   Link #912
Archon_Wing
Did nothing wrong
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Now, now. if Shirobako's worst is just what is considered standard for Satedark/Animationless-1 Pictures, we're in good shape. But there was definitely a bit of derp in this episode especially with Ai who just makes more noises than words. Did someone from Kyoani sneak over? Or is PAW getting ready for Charlotte? There was that really beautiful background they recycled from Hana Saku Iroha though. I was expecting Ohana and Minko to pop out any second.

Still a great episode with Aoi spazzing out and Yano coming back though.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 19:16   Link #913
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Roflmao. Quite ironic considering what the episode was about.

Or was it intentional?
Doubt it,
I had not bothered looking into what episodes were being outsorced but as it turns out while there was no outsourcing for the first ten episodes that has changed afterwards:
-episodes 13 and 18 were done by Magic Bus
-episodes 11,15 and 17 were done by Nexus

My guess is the main staff is focusing on the upcoming Charlotte?Not sure. So yeah, even before this a few other episodes were outsourced.

I had not idea who Nexus were so looked into it, they're a really young studio (established in 2012 according to their about page but they list work going back to 2010,go figure) but have since then handled episodes of various well known TV shows , judge for yourself.
But here's where it gets fun,they're hiring and looking for assistant producers and production desks!
You need to be 30 or less and if you're 25 or less no experience required, just need a driver's licence (we know why!)
I'm quite sad about the age restriction, I was hoping to send Enzo in with a hidden camera to see what their reaction to a gaijin saying they want to work in anime after watching shirobako would be
Oh, and it pays a grand total of 150k yens (a month I suppose?)
Old 2015-02-13, 19:37   Link #914
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

How did the mute get passed her job interview? #AfirmativeAction
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 19:39   Link #915
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Doubt it,
I had not bothered looking into what episodes were being outsorced but as it turns out while there was no outsourcing for the first ten episodes that has changed afterwards:
-episodes 13 and 18 were done by Magic Bus
-episodes 11,15 and 17 were done by Nexus

My guess is the main staff is focusing on the upcoming Charlotte?Not sure. So yeah, even before this a few other episodes were outsourced.

I had not idea who Nexus were so looked into it, they're a really young studio (established in 2012 according to their about page but they list work going back to 2010,go figure) but have since then handled episodes of various well known TV shows , judge for yourself.
But here's where it gets fun,they're hiring and looking for assistant producers and production desks!
You need to be 30 or less and if you're 25 or less no experience required, just need a driver's licence (we know why!)
I'm quite sad about the age restriction, I was hoping to send Enzo in with a hidden camera to see what their reaction to a gaijin saying they want to work in anime after watching shirobako would be
Oh, and it pays a grand total of 150k yens (a month I suppose?)

It's kind of funny how if your over 25 they want you to have experience. It's not exactly like people forget how to learn once the hit 26. Or do they just mean work experience in general?

Interesting enough after this show started airing some of the job sites I'm prescribed to started sending me notices on Production Assistant jobs. I'm actually surprised that the majority of the ones I checked out don't ask that you have experience or a degree in a media field, just that you have a high school diploma.
Old 2015-02-13, 19:57   Link #916
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
How did the mute get passed her job interview? #AfirmativeAction
There is certain proverb: one picture is worth of thousand words
Old 2015-02-13, 23:34   Link #917
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
So apparently the last 2 weeks Yoshida Reiko scripted this series. This person scripted series for K-on and Hanayamata.

Explains why characters like Ai are as annoying as they are. Please GTFO both of you. I was already annoyed a bit at Ema exercise dance, but this just takes pandering to a new level. Moeblob cancer does not belong in a quality series such as this.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 23:41   Link #918
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

As much as I seriously enjoy this show, do we really need something to pander to the moe fanboys with a grown professional woman making baby noises? Aoi and co are cute enough.

I really like Kinoshita.

Knew Megane SuWon's studio was crap and would punk out somehow.

I"m glad Erika's back; maybe that's why Taro up and left suddenly?
Old 2015-02-13, 23:53   Link #919
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
As much as I seriously enjoy this show, do we really need something to pander to the moe fanboys with a grown professional woman making baby noises? Aoi and co are cute enough.
I think the same as you, I dont even get whats the point of her doing all those noises, at least if she spoke shyly, I would be ok with that, but right now, she is really annoying and practically the only character aside from the editor that I dislike
Old 2015-02-13, 23:57   Link #920
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
I think the same as you, I dont even get whats the point of her doing all those noises, at least if she spoke shyly, I would be ok with that, but right now, she is really annoying and practically the only character aside from the editor that I dislike
Thank you!

It'd be one thing if she was shy like you said, but Kunogi is supposed to be in her 20s I'm assuming?

I know this is anime and all so some things are exaggerated for story, but Kunogi seems soooooo out of place.

Tags
p.a. works, slice of life