[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Animedia interview with Amisuke
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 11:32   Link #9503
Vakir

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
The new info on Kallen is positive for at the very least one reason.

Spoiler for :
Didn't the VA deliberately say that she thinks Kallen is going her own way now, or is there something I missed? Pretty sure I didn't.
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 11:34   Link #9504
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
Didn't the VA deliberately say that she thinks Kallen is going her own way now, or is there something I missed? Pretty sure I didn't.
What she said in a nutshell was

Spoiler:
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 11:35   Link #9505
Vakir

Quote:
What she said in a nutshell was

Spoiler:
But that doesn't mean "has not moved on," it's just telling us what we already know. You're construing it to mean something it doesn't necessarily mean.
Old 2008-09-10, 11:36   Link #9506
Var
Banned

Quote:
But that doesn't mean "has not moved on," it's just telling us what we already know. You're construing it to mean something it doesn't necessarily mean.
No... that is not something we already know. You too are construing it to be something that it is not. We had all assumed she already knew she was in love, but, in effect, she herself did not. This is part of viewers priveledge which skews our opinions as we take knowledge we have for granted and tend to impart on the characters themselves. This, in effect, means that Kallen has realized that what she's been feeling for Lelouch was not loyalty, but love. One does not simply 'move on' after such an epiphany.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 11:39   Link #9507
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
I see what you're saying.

But it will seem strange that she has been struggling with these feelings for so long, have them confirmed, and then ignore them for the rest of the series.

Moved on to me anyway means you no longer feel the same way for the person you felt before. After the kiss her feelings apparently grew stronger.
Old 2008-09-10, 11:39   Link #9508
Vakir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
No... that is not something we already know. You too are construing it to be something that it is not. We had all assumed she already knew she was in love, but, in effect, she herself did not.
Right, but that doesn't matter. If it's apparent the audience, it's going to surface one way or another or it's a totally wasted plot thread. Wasted plot threads make sense in the context of Season 1 -> Season 2 leave-outs, but if it started happening in the second season, there's no way it wouldn't happen eventually. To try and take it as new information isn't very efficient.

Quote:
This is part of viewers priveledge which skews our opinions as we take knowledge we have for granted and tend to impart on the characters themselves. This, in effect, means that Kallen has realized that what she's been feeling for Lelouch was not loyalty, but love.
See above.

Quote:
One does not simply 'move on' after such an epiphany.
While not the Word of God, the VA seems to beg to differ on that.
Old 2008-09-10, 11:42   Link #9509
Var
Banned

Quote:
Right, but that doesn't matter. If it's apparent the audience, it's going to surface one way or another. To try and take it as new information isn't very efficient.
It's new information in that: People did not know that she was not certain herself. As I said, everyone assumed she was sure she loved him. Now we have a revalation that that is not the case. This is called new information. It does not matter how evidant it may be, without confirmation it is nothing but a speculation or musing. Once actual concrete (read: new) information is released, people can finally say 'Oh'.

Quote:
While not the Word of God, the VA seems to beg to differ on that.
The VA said no such thing. -_-
Old 2008-09-10, 11:44   Link #9510
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Right, but that doesn't matter. If it's apparent the audience, it's going to surface one way or another or it's a totally wasted plot thread. Wasted plot threads make sense in the context of Season 1 -> Season 2 leave-outs, but if it started happening in the second season, there's no way it wouldn't happen eventually. To try and take it as new information isn't very efficient
We're getting insight into what is currently Kallen's head. Half the fandom thought Kallen no longer loved him.

And how do you immediately move after finally realizing you're in love?

Hard to swallow
Old 2008-09-10, 11:45   Link #9511
Vakir

Quote:
It's new information in that: People did not know that she was not certain herself. As I said, everyone assumed she was sure she loved him. Now we have a revalation that that is not the case. This is called new information. It does not matter how evidant it may be, without confirmation it is nothing but a speculation or musing. Once actual concrete (read: new) information is released, people can finally say 'Oh'.
I totally agree. When I try and make out with someone, it's because I'm loyal, not because I'm in love with them or anything. This is absolutely new information!

Quote:
The VA said no such thing. -_-
Quote:
Question: Please give fans a message!
Ami: For fans who like Kallen as loyal follower of Zero, I'm really sorry. I think from now on, Kallen will think and act on her own. Anyway, please look over her till the end.
In before "Well, uh, that's open to interpretation!"
Old 2008-09-10, 11:47   Link #9512
Var
Banned

Quote:
I totally agree. When I try and make out with someone, it's because I'm loyal, not because I'm in love with them or anything. This is absolutely new information!
Poor argument. She did not make out with him, she kissed him. We know she was confused, she wanted an answer to why he wanted her to live. Its called spur of the moment. Happens a lot between people of the opposite genders.

Quote:
Where in that does it say she's moving past Lelouch? All I see is Zero. If she's going to be going back to Lelouch, its going to be Lelouch, not Zero. This is why I said that you are forcing a meaning onto what is clearly ambiguous.

All that says is that she is going to act for herself, not follow orders. That some how means she's moving past Lelouch? How? In what universe?
Old 2008-09-10, 11:47   Link #9513
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
I'm sorry I don't understand your point.

Anyway romance aside IMO that's a good thing
Old 2008-09-10, 11:52   Link #9514
Stretch5920

When they say "new information" they mean we all thought Kallen decided to move on, but apparently that's not what happened. Blame the show for not expressing the point clearly.

She'll probably talk to Gino and they will have a chat about what they should do. Both are in similar positions.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 11:53   Link #9515
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
actually her acting on her own will is a good thing since she just realized that she's actually in love with him
it means shes willing to act on her on views rather then take orders
which might lead her to choose to go after him to either stop him (at first) or save him (once she figures it out)
Old 2008-09-10, 11:54   Link #9516
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
When they say "new information" they mean we all thought Kallen decided to move on, but apparently that's not what happened. Blame the show for not expressing the point clearly.

She'll probably talk to Gino and they will have a chat about what they should do. Both are in similar positions.
Hu? Who assumed that? No one in this thread assumed she had moved past him, that hardly makes much sense with how the scene ended. Read Lolipolo's posts about artistic priveledge and how the scenes were set up.

If anyone is going to help her, I have a feeling it might be Anya moreso than Gino. Gino is too confused to be of much help to himself, let alone someone else.
Old 2008-09-10, 11:56   Link #9517
Vakir

Quote:
Poor argument. She did not make out with him, she kissed him. We know she was confused, she wanted an answer to why he wanted her to live. Its called spur of the moment. Happens a lot between people of the opposite genders.
Happens a lot between people of the opposite genders...but in anime where there's three episodes left, you need to get a little more genre savvy if you think it doesn't already mean that.

Quote:
Where in that does it say she's moving past Lelouch? All I see is Zero. If she's going to be going back to Lelouch, its going to be Lelouch, not Zero. This is why I said that you are forcing a meaning onto what is clearly ambiguous.

All that says is that she is going to act for herself, not follow orders. That some how means she's moving past Lelouch? How? In what universe?
Zero no longer exists besides Suzaku's title because Lelouch has been outed. Thus it would've been redundant to have said that otherwise. Therefore, we can conclude she's not following Lelouch.

"Zero" is who she followed for the longest time in the series and is more associated with it. The quote is pretty blatantly taken to mean that Kallen's flying solo. Lelouch is trying to change the world, and he's willing to destroy himself to do it.

When you come waltzing back to the guy who has been so horribly ambiguous to you for the entire fucking show, how on earth do you do anything other than follow orders when that's literally practically the only thing said character knows how to do at this juncture, issuing them?
Old 2008-09-10, 11:57   Link #9518
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Hu? Who assumed that? No one in this thread assumed she had moved past him, that hardly makes much sense with how the scene ended. Read Lolipolo's posts about artistic priveledge and how the scenes were set up.

If anyone is going to help her, I have a feeling it might be Anya moreso than Gino. Gino is too confused to be of much help to himself, let alone someone else.
Lost of people assumed she had moved on. Including some Kallen fans.

Maybe you haven't been reading the posts around here

I just hope this finally puts the bullet in the head of GinoXKallen
Old 2008-09-10, 11:59   Link #9519
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
"Zero" is who she followed for the longest time in the series and is more associated with it. The quote is pretty blatantly taken to mean that Kallen's flying solo. Lelouch is trying to change the world, and he's willing to destroy himself to do it.

When you come waltzing back to the guy who has been so horribly ambiguous to you for the entire fucking show, how on earth do you do anything other than follow orders when that's literally practically the only thing said character knows how to do at this juncture, issuing them?

I am missing something essential because I still don't see your point.
Old 2008-09-10, 12:00   Link #9520
Vakir

Quote:

I am missing something essential because I still don't see your point.
That's a shame, then.

I still have Var to discuss with.