Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-06, 08:47   Link #961
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Cal is Reiji's boyfriend? O_O
I don't see what her being his girlfriend has to do with innapropriatance. Ellen ending can happen anyway and chapter 3 makes a bit more sense if she was his girlfriend.

BTW, you should spoiler-tag the last part in your post.
It's not like she acts her age. Her jumping into bed with him crossed the line so to speak. So I can see the word "inappropriate" being used for this.

Prob the anime is going for one true ending for the main female and logical ending for the minor female character(s) so as not to conflict with the main female like what happened in Kanon 2006.

Last edited by orion; 2009-08-06 at 08:59.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 09:02   Link #962
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Chapter 3 has four different endings. Since one of those is a bad ending, the anime will either crate its own ending or choose one of the three true endings of chapter 3 (ReijixEllen ending, ReijixCal ending or Reijix? ending)

Other endings are not present in chapter 3. One of them is in chapter 1 (a bad ending) and 6 are present in chapter 2 (two bad endings, two Claudia endings, ReijixEllen ending and ReijixCal ending).
There's no ending where Reiji gets both chicks? Bummer.
Old 2009-08-06, 09:06   Link #963
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
There's no ending where Reiji gets both chicks? Bummer.
That would be considered a conflict as they represent different things. It's not about the shipping but the outcome for Reiji. We're battling with them for the guy's soul so to speak.

Spoiler:

Last edited by orion; 2009-08-06 at 09:26.
Old 2009-08-06, 09:25   Link #964
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Orion, that info is a bit misinforming. You have mixed endings from earlier chapters with chapter 3 endings <_<
The greatest difference between ReijixCal and ReijixEllen ending is the fact that Reiji ends with a different girl and leads a bit different way of life. Inferno's fate is teh same in both of the endings.
Old 2009-08-06, 09:31   Link #965
orion

Quote:
Orion, that info is a bit misinforming. You have mixed endings from earlier chapters with chapter 3 endings <_<
The greatest difference between ReijixCal and ReijixEllen ending is the fact that Reiji ends with a different girl and leads a bit different way of life. Inferno's fate is teh same in both of the endings.
Spoiler:

Last edited by orion; 2009-08-06 at 09:50.
Old 2009-08-06, 09:37   Link #966
Mentar
Banned

I was afraid that an ending discussion would break out sooner or later. Let's please kill it DEAD right away.

I can positively assure everybody that based on the game, none of the canonic main endings can be in any way excluded. All paths are very similar in chapter 3, and the earliest time to get an idea which TEMPLATE for an ending (I'm convinced it will be an anime-original one combining elements of at least 2 main endings) will be around the end of episode 25. Or, to put it more easily:

WE DO NOT KNOW WHICH ENDING WE WILL SEE, AND WE WILL ALSO NOT KNOW WHICH ENDING WE WILL _NOT_ SEE, SO PLEASE LET'S STOP THE SPECULATIONS RIGHT HERE.

Thanks.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 09:53   Link #967
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Can you post in spoiler tags the Chapters and endings? Anyway I copy/pasted from wikipedia..
Even though it proved my point, you guys don't need to read what's in the spoiler tag.

It's an evil spoiler that would really wreck the series for you.
Old 2009-08-06, 09:56   Link #968
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Even though it proved my point, you guys don't need to read what's in the spoiler tag.

It's an evil spoiler that would really wreck the series for you.
Yeah, thought so, that's why I removed it.
Old 2009-08-06, 10:08   Link #969
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

But as Mentar said, talking about ending is too soon now so lets leave it for the end of the series when we will be able to discuss them to out heart's content.
Old 2009-08-06, 10:22   Link #970
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Given how it ended i have a feeling Ein and Zwei will be in Mexico for a bit but are coming back to settle the score with Inferno and possibly take Scythe Master's new creations. There is no subsitue for OEM i hope Ein and Zwei bring Inferno to its knees and Reiij manages to reach some type of happy ending with Ein and Cal but im not so sure it will go that smoothly

Claudia well you had a good run but in the end we are all shadows and dust. At least she died where she wanted to and by her friends hand. What will become of Lizzie? she doesnt seem the leader type shes a solider as she stated before.
Old 2009-08-06, 10:58   Link #971
orion

Quote:
Spoiler:

But as Mentar said, talking about ending is too soon now so lets leave it for the end of the series when we will be able to discuss them to out heart's content.
But my point was actually backed up by the wiki including the location of the endings that I was hinting at. Saying that the girls represent different options and battle for Reiji's soul is an obvious interpretation of the game since the anime doesn't go metaphysical on us. And...since all of this is an interpretation, guess, whatever since none of us have the scripts at hand, that part should have also been obvious.

I agree to disagree.
Old 2009-08-06, 11:04   Link #972
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Quote:
But my point was actually backed up by the wiki including the location of the endings that I was hinting at. Saying that the girls represent different options and battle for Reiji's soul is an obvious interpretation of the game since the anime doesn't go metaphysical on us.
Oh, I strongly agree on the "The ending decides the state of Reiji's soul" part. What I disagree is the interpretation itself as it can be interpreted in different ways. If you want, we'll discuss the discussion in PM's and you'll see my opinion and how different I interpreted the endings.

But in this tread, the case is closed as Mentar said. This is an anime discussion and VN endings have nothign to do with the anime.
Old 2009-08-06, 13:51   Link #973
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Finally downloaded the VN. I'm so gonna try all routes..
Old 2009-08-06, 16:30   Link #974
Mentar
Banned

Kinda sad to hear that though. If you like it, buy it. 25$ really ain't too much to ask for.

Ep19:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-06, 17:26   Link #975
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Kinda sad to hear that though. If you like it, buy it. 25$ really ain't too much to ask for.

Ep19:

Spoiler:
If you are talking about buying the game, it sucks if you buy it since most of the english dubbed are screwed up and alot of scenes are cutt off. Only an idiot would buy it.

A scene I found a bit disturbing....

Spoiler:

Last edited by Zwei; 2009-08-06 at 17:37.
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 18:00   Link #976
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
That's basically what happened in episode 3, minus the licking...
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 18:16   Link #977
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
If you are talking about buying the game, it sucks if you buy it since most of the english dubbed are screwed up and alot of scenes are cutt off. Only an idiot would buy it.
Call me an idiot then. And it's selfish @ssholes like you who are unwilling to support those who make an effort to make games like PoI available in English that most good games never make it over here. At the very least, don't insult those who do support it. Particularly since the English release of PoI was quite good.

Bah.
Old 2009-08-06, 18:31   Link #978
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Quote:
Call me an idiot then. And it's selfish @ssholes like you who are unwilling to support those who make an effort to make games like PoI available in English that most good games never make it over here. At the very least, don't insult those who do support it. Particularly since the English release of PoI was quite good.

Bah.
Given that Hirameki went under some time ago, I'd be surprised if you could still buy PoI. There are used copies floating around though.

Quote:
Wait, what? English dubbed? If you're going to pirate it, then by all means go ahead.. but don't make ridiculous excuses trying to justify yourself.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 18:50   Link #979
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Bah.
Chill out, I'm not here to flame or start an argument, if I wanted I would have started one already, I just said It's not worth buying the VN with all the mistakes it has, like

"The English subtitles also suffer from various quality issues, such as a large amount of typo or grammar mistakes, liberal translations, and they sometimes fail to show up at certain points in the story. One particular instance has the character Cal say "Thanks" in the English subtitles, at a time when Zwei is asking her about her age."

And this was all confirmed + other mistakes it has.
Old 2009-08-06, 19:59   Link #980
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Chill out, I'm not here to flame or start an argument, if I wanted I would have started one already, I just said It's not worth buying the VN with all the mistakes it has, like

"The English subtitles also suffer from various quality issues, such as a large amount of typo or grammar mistakes, liberal translations, and they sometimes fail to show up at certain points in the story. One particular instance has the character Cal say "Thanks" in the English subtitles, at a time when Zwei is asking her about her age."

And this was all confirmed + other mistakes it has.
And so what? Yes, there are occasional mistakes, but overall it's a good conversion and still worth the admission price, particularly at the discounted 25$ it's offered nowadays. If you're one of the "I ain't pay anything" crowd, then for the love of god be like that, but STFU about those people who actually shell out bucks to support making the games available for non-japanese speakers. Pirate quietly instead of annoying the paying people. Thank you very much.

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen