Notices

Old 2022-07-19, 11:55   Link #81
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
That’s certainly possible.

The situation with Marulk is equally interesting. He’s canonically male and identifies as a boy, but it’s never been disclosed why Ozen forces him to cross-dress.
I thought it was maybe because Ozen dislikes men. She had an extreme reaction when Lyza introduced her husband...but that's all I have to go on.

Omg....that thing about the curse making Nanachi genderless is so sad. It didn't even occur to me.
(I mean it's sad because Nanachi didn't get to choose before I offend anyone here)
Old 2022-07-20, 04:51   Link #82
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Ozens other 3 subordinates are all men so I doubt it. Probably just an odd fetish or she hides him this way as he apparently is from a high noble family.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-20, 12:48   Link #83
grecefar

Met Faputa.

That was a close call with menya, pretty brutal city huh?, we are in flashback again at the end, I'm really liking the transition they are doing between present and past.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-20, 13:41   Link #84
Chiibi

Meinya is OKAY. I remember being scared Riko lost it during this scene in the manga. Hey you butt monster; don't be so rough! We're attached to the little rabbit hamster thing.

Riko has NERVES OF STEEL. I could never stay in a inn like this in a 1000 years It's so gross. For her sake, she better have guts of steel too; though we already know she does. xD I feel extremely bad for her....but you guys should have just gathered your own food-YIKES.

FAPUTA IS HERE. She is so cute...when she's not being scary xD

I loled at Reg being felt up by the creatures and Nanachi's snappy retort, "Now see how YOU like it!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Ozens other 3 subordinates are all men so I doubt it. Probably just an odd fetish or she hides him this way as he apparently is from a high noble family.
Oh, good point. If not that, maybe Tsukushi just wanted to put Marulk in a dress.

Last edited by Chiibi; 2022-07-20 at 14:02.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-20, 18:44   Link #85
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

At first I was happy to see that Hollow getting punished for hurting Meinya but after seeing the stuff it owned, I realized it was probably a kid and I started feeling really bad. Especially when it started getting torn apart. Another Tuesday in the Abyss.

Kaja said they got the physical form they wished for but I haven't seen any Gigachad walking around so I'm calling bullshit on that. No way so many people wished to turn into weird blobs. Then again, they all seem to have rather fucked up interests, so who knows?

Riko eating what was implied to be literal shit and then getting diarrhea was fitting. Don't just eat anything, fool! You'd think she would have learned by now.

Faputa is totally that little girl from the flashback, or at least her descendant. I know she cast out of her tribe for being infertile but since they supposedly get what they wish for here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I loled at Reg being felt up by the creatures and Nanachi's snappy retort, "Now see how YOU like it!"
Nanachi can only say this because she doesn't know about his traumatic past of being molested by Riko.
Old 2022-07-20, 19:46   Link #86
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Riko eating what was implied to be literal shit and then getting diarrhea was fitting. Don't just eat anything, fool! You'd think she would have learned by now.
At least toilets (or toilet-like depressions) are abundant in the Abyss.

I like how they're adapting this so far but I can't say much else.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-20, 19:46   Link #87
Chiibi

Riko is definitely a "live in the moment" type of girl.

And it gets her into trouble!!

Still it's impressive how fast she learned the Hollow's language. She is a smart one. Just a bit reckless.
Old 2022-07-20, 20:49   Link #88
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that was kind of dark that poor pink creature did something wrong had had to go threw all of that

Riko should have more caution when it comes to eating so she not stuck to the toilet
Old 2022-07-21, 06:49   Link #89
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
At least toilets (or toilet-like depressions) are abundant in the Abyss.
I personally wouldn't get my butt anywhere near that "toilet"
Old 2022-07-27, 11:17   Link #90
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

They really didn't cut corners on the sound effects this season.

The way the smells are described makes me really curious.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-27, 14:07   Link #91
Blaat

What's up with the toilet scene, sometimes I wish the editor would simply put his foot down and say no to the mangaka.
Old 2022-07-27, 15:04   Link #92
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
This was SOME episode. I always see events in this series and think at how subtly perverse it can be. Add crotch-sniffing and tentacles to the list .

This feels like the first time the group really splits up. Everyone on their own little journey in this ep.

Seems like the 'scent' Reg smells on Nanachi is "the scent of the sun". Not sure what that means, since I don't know what the sun smells like =0v.

Reg meeting Faputa seemed to trigger some previous memory. She instantly calls him Reg, which is unusual given that he (supposedly) didn't have that name until Riko gave it to him. She resembles the little island girl from the flashback, but its hard to guess what the connection to Reg is. Nonetheless, I felt kinda bad for her, since it appeared that Reg might have been her best friend or something, and(for reasons out of his control ofc) he just forgot about her. Felt her sadness... but if she's like Kaja said, there'll be a lot of anger behind that sadness too, and I'll be anticipating when she lets it loose.

Riko is always getting herself into situations. It's like she just doesn't understand just how dangerous the Abyss is, but in actuality, she is amazingly brave, as even when things feel dangerous, she just jumps in without a second thought. Lays anywhere, eats anything, goes everywhere . Fortunately, B̶u̶t̶t̶-̶p̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶ "Maa-chan" jumped in to save the day. I thought it was completely ripped apart and demolished. It could still have ulterior motives(the way it looked at Meinya again got me worried), but seems okay for now. Maybe she'll get a chance to talk to the former leader of the first excavation team.

Nanachi probably the most interesting one. Mitty being alive is definitely something no one could have saw coming, though maybe it isn't AS surprising when one thinks about it, given how "Maa-chan" got disassembled, then returned one ep later relatively intact. Can't wait to see the interaction between her and Belaf.

The thing that's most interesting is how Vueko is actually the one controlling the shadows. I wonder if she is the one who controls the balance because its what she wants most? I just find it interesting that upon their journey to get to the Golden City, Wakazyan(sp?) was the one in charge and Belaf seemed to put him on a pedestal to make all the decisions and follow religiously; yet here, it feels like Belaf is the leader, and Wakazyan is just a peon like the rest of the denizens of the city. Furthermore, the island girl and Vueko appeared to be really close in the flashback, yet here, she(Faputa) detests the city and its populace. Wonder how/why she had a falling out with Vueko(or maybe other reason she don't say in the city, like disliking Belaf).

Last edited by frubam; 2022-07-27 at 15:45.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-27, 15:35   Link #93
grecefar

Riko seriously is afraid of nothing.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-27, 15:43   Link #94
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
What's up with the toilet scene, sometimes I wish the editor would simply put his foot down and say no to the mangaka.
I mean, what's not to like? Watching Riko's butt or the toilet? The toilet's great. You don't need tissue or water to wipe your ass when you use it. And it's environment-friendly too .
Old 2022-07-27, 18:29   Link #95
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Why everyone keep thinking that the girl from the flashback is Faputa? I get they are similar, but there is a character list available and the girl was named Iryumui or somthinhg like that.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-27, 18:43   Link #96
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't remember S1 well enough to know how Riko came up with Reg's name. Was it something written on one of his belongings? If she really came up with it on the spot, then why Faputa knows that name is quite the mystery.

The editor indulging the mangaka's perversion is one thing, but I'm surprised the anime is keeping all of this. I don't think much would be lost if we didn't get to see Riko take shits. I don't particularly care either way but I'm amazed what they can get away with.

Unless Reg's incinerator actually teleports things, this isn't Nanachi's Mitty but just another one of Bondrewd's failure.

Quote:
Why everyone keep thinking that the girl from the flashback is Faputa? I get they are similar, but there is a character list available and the girl was named Iryumui or somthinhg like that.
What if she *gasp* changed her name? This is an anime where toilets lick butts and people get turned into blobs, but a character changing her name is too far-fetched?
Old 2022-07-27, 19:53   Link #97
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Unless Reg's incinerator actually teleports things, this isn't Nanachi's Mitty but just another one of Bondrewd's failure.
I hope that's the case. Reincarnating Mitty (and in what form?) feels like a cop-out or a cheap play for tears. Let Mitty be dead.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-27, 20:04   Link #98
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
The eyes. And hairstyle. Given the current information, and particularly the fact that all the relevant past chars make an appearance this ep, its the most suitable conclusion, even if it ultimately ends up being incorrect. And frankly, while I don't look at ending credits, its kind of a boring way to identify whether two people are the same =0v. I mean, if you gave reasons in-story, that would at least be interesting to discuss.

Quote:
I don't remember S1 well enough to know how Riko came up with Reg's name. Was it something written on one of his belongings? If she really came up with it on the spot, then why Faputa knows that name is quite the mystery.
Riko: "It was the name of a dog I used to have."

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-27, 21:01   Link #99
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that is some toilet it licks you clean and as for Riko she needs to be more careful when the others arent around and not so trusting of others all most got harvested there

Good thing Maaa doing ok
Old 2022-07-27, 21:03   Link #100
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Riko still being alive is truly amazing. She just walks from one disaster to another. All the more risky since of course the main trio are all split up right now. Plenty of chances for things to go wrong for all of them.

And now that we're starting to see some of those rather ancient people showing up...things are going to get even more interesting.