AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 25 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 24 47.06%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 13.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.96%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-03-27, 14:22   Link #81
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_SV View Post
Spoiler for sorry to disappoint you:
Look again.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

All that scheming and planning only to come back to haunt you cause you didn't bother for a double tap.

Images
What really happened with Lafter and Azee.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 14:38   Link #82
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It was maybe a bit much that all of Azee, Lafter, & Shino survived. I mean sure I'm all for...Lafter surviving . But maybe losing someone in that mix would have been a good idea. Just makes Ein look really incompetent in regards to killing people. Considering what Mika had to do in order to compete I think it'd be fine to have a person go.

Heck with this I'm not even sure Gaelio is really dead. Ein I'm fine with putting in a hole somewhere, but I think there is more you can do with Gaelio's character. After all the crap he went through in that fight I think he should get his chance for payback. Though from that range it'd be amazing incompetence for him to screw up that killing blow. You never know though. Could easily spin it as part of the plan for Gaelio to eventually come after him to kill him.

Certainly McGillis is definitely a solid antagonist that will be enjoyable to see Mika rip up at the end. Whatever his backstory, he's going to end up paying for playing with so many lives for the sake of his own revenge. Plus just plain creepy having him comfort the child sister of the person he maybe killed. Guy has to go down hard in season 2.

Solid ending though and we're set up for things to get crazy. The world is about to get very chaotic because of Tekkadan's struggles and McGillis' schemes.
Old 2016-03-27, 14:57   Link #83
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post
Season 2/Sequel. Fall 2016.

That's all I needed to know

Between this and the fate/extra anime announcement, it's been one hell of a weekend

A great way to end the first half of this journey: With Mika not giving a hoot But really, I think all things considered, he said everything that needed to be said: Crank asked to die in the end, it's not up to Ein, or anyone else, to decide the righteous or wrongness about what Tekkadan does, and you're literally the biggest monster here, dude. OK, maybe not bigger than McGillis, but still pretty crazy. I also liked he got to use the katana, because personally, I thought it would take muuuch longer to reach that point, as some kind of character development thing, but this works much better, very Mika like: whatever the hell works. That double consoling was very much deserved. And congrats for making it this far, Atra. You definetly earned it.

And about the chocolate man, OH BOY. Talk about everything going according to plan, and with absolute ruthlessness. I can't begin to imagine Orga and crew going against this guy.

About no one dying, I don't really mind, more characters to have fun with.

I'm just so glad to know we haven't seen the last of Tekkadan, and I'm already looking forward to the rest.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 16:11   Link #84
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It was maybe a bit much that all of Azee, Lafter, & Shino survived. I mean sure I'm all for...Lafter surviving . But maybe losing someone in that mix would have been a good idea. Just makes Ein look really incompetent in regards to killing people. Considering what Mika had to do in order to compete I think it'd be fine to have a person go.

Heck with this I'm not even sure Gaelio is really dead. Ein I'm fine with putting in a hole somewhere, but I think there is more you can do with Gaelio's character. After all the crap he went through in that fight I think he should get his chance for payback. Though from that range it'd be amazing incompetence for him to screw up that killing blow. You never know though. Could easily spin it as part of the plan for Gaelio to eventually come after him to kill him.

Certainly McGillis is definitely a solid antagonist that will be enjoyable to see Mika rip up at the end. Whatever his backstory, he's going to end up paying for playing with so many lives for the sake of his own revenge. Plus just plain creepy having him comfort the child sister of the person he maybe killed. Guy has to go down hard in season 2.

Solid ending though and we're set up for things to get crazy. The world is about to get very chaotic because of Tekkadan's struggles and McGillis' schemes.
I've thought about it and I think that both Ein and Gaelio are dead for good.

With Ein for purely a story standpoint, I think the whole "Crank revenge" thing has carried on too long, think it would just feel stale and annoying to have him still screaming about that all the way through to S2. Also, there's what some have said in that, Mika has never been one to not aim for the kill. He knows where the cockpit is and if you're going to threaten his friends, he shows no mercy.

With Gaelio, McGillis has never been one to leave things to chance, and with everything riding on this, he's not going to accidentally miss and chance Gaelio being alive after everything he knows. McGillis is not one to leave loose threads. If he ht Gaelio, he was aiming to kill.

As for McGillis, it's clear that he's not doing this for revenge. He probably does enjoy sticking it to his dad, but this is about more than that for him. For him, it's all about the higher goals and that he believes that he has to do whatever it takes to achieve those goals. I'm going to bet that his entire life has been framed by this Gjallerhorn corruption, and thus he has always been willing to do whatever it took to make sure something like that doesn't happen again. For that reason he has never allowed himself to really make attachments and was willing to use any and everyone as pawns to get the job done.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 16:57   Link #85
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And if it makes fans of them feel better, we'll surely see Gaelio and Carta again in GBF's next installment.
Old 2016-03-27, 17:27   Link #86
Knight_SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Look again.
Images

All that scheming and planning only to come back to haunt you cause you didn't bother for a double tap.

Images
yeah cuz carta and biscuit is also still alive
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 17:36   Link #87
CelestialNocturne
OrgoKnight

Honestly, I really hope Gaelio survived. He really grew on me towards the end of the season and it'd be amusing to see Mika and Gali-Gali fighting alongside one another.
CelestialNocturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 18:17   Link #88
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And if it makes fans of them feel better, we'll surely see Gaelio and Carta again in GBF's next installment.
I would like to see a biscuit clone in the next GBF since I really liked his character.
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 18:18   Link #89
Kurohane

The finale was wrapped up. No loose ends. I wouldn't believe this was getting a second season if I just saw the ending. Tekkadan accomplished what they set out to do. I didn't like how all the death was handwaved with "As the boss of Tekkadan, I'll decide where they die." reiterated by Naze. Also, I'm disappointed all the named characters that looked like they were killed ended up surviving. This is Gundam, not Disney. I also didn't like the Shounen "power-up" at the end to clinch Mika the fight, though it came with cost.

I liked Kudelia's speech for those in that assembly to do what's right and not give in to corruption. I warmed up to Makanai for giving her the chance to speak. It was truly an amicable act from him.

The moment between Mika and Orga brought their friendship full circle. It's one of the few relationships that Mikazuki has that bring out more than one facial expression out of him. Still, I'm not going to ignore the obvious problems with their friendship, that still need to be addressed. And Mika himself is a base breaker himself. Am I really supposed to ignore what happened a few episodes ago when it emphasized the darker shades of Mikazuki's character?

Also, McGillis.... yeah, McGillis. He's a foil to Kudelia, her shadow-archetype. Kudelia hired Tekkadan, got close to them, and had to experience them dying for the job. On the other hand, McGillis had a close friend in Galileo and possible affection for Carta. Still, he used them to further his goals, and deemed them a necessary sacrifice with a calm face and matter-of-fact tone. They're similar yet different, as both use whatever they can to fulfill their goals, but McGillis has no empathy and will cross any line he can.

Overall, a good series. It had it's ups and downs, but something I got invested in watching every week. Looking forward to the second season, and how the story can go forward from here. Will there be a timeskip, or will the story continue where it left off? Will we still follow Tekkadan, or will there be a new cast of characters as the new main group with Tekkadan still playing a major role, but more of supporting or even antagonistic role? Most likely, it will be a while before we're told anything concrete, and that's going to take some patience.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2016-03-27 at 18:47.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 18:21   Link #90
Shlugo

Mccgillis, you vile piece of shit. That was just horrible, what he did. I didn't like Galieo very much, but he didn't deserve that, not to be betrayed by his best friend, because he's a roadblock in Macky march to power. Season 2 can't come fast enough, I want to see his downfall so bad.

Now on to more pleasant things...

Haha, take that Ein, you fool! You accomplished nothing and no one will remember you as anything but an abomination. Lafter & Azee live, which is great, it would be such a waste to have them killed here.

The fight between Mikazuki and Ein was awesome, and Mika finally getting the hang of using katana and cutting Ein up was the greatest thing ever.

Also loved how Mika just brushed of Ein rants like he normally does... until the letter threatened Kudelia, at which point it was '''go time'''. Mika rarely shows how much he cares, but he does.

Speaking of Kudelia I really liked her speech, short and powerful. That girl really can move people.

Prime Minister turned out to be a man of his word and does what he promised.

Mikazuki getting consoled by Kudelia and Atra was adorable.

Well, it was a long road but in the end Kudelia and Tekkadan has succeeded. It looked bad at times, and they lost precious things, but the path they taken proved to be the correct one.

Of crouse this is not the end as the situation in solar system is bound to get worse before it gets better. There will be need for the Maiden of Revolution yet.

Yeah, I can honestly say that IBO has dethroned Wing as my favorite Gundam series. I'm so happy Season 2 has been confirmed.
Shlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 18:48   Link #91
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Well, that was fun, to say the least.

Opening
I loved it that they played the opening over some of the scenes, and the point when they chose to return to the OP Video was just right, IMO.

Mika vs Ein Fight
- Am I the only one who remembered Erza Scarlet of Fairy Tail when Mika purged the armor of Barbatos and ended up fighting using the long sword/katana?

- Yeah, Mika had a shounen power up, but I think it looked a lot more like a power up due to the presentation (with Barbatos eye glowing as a response to Mika). I think Mika could have always pushed the AV system and Barbatos to that level any time he wanted, just that he lacked the reason to do so. Think of it like fighter jets. To the untrained and unskilled, even merely flying at standard speeds would put tremendous strain on them. But to the skilled ones, they could push the jet beyond it's normal performance.

- Ein is dead, at least I think he is. His cockpit got pierced by Mika nonetheless, plus the fact that this guy is basically on life support while piloting that suit. Remember that shot which showed Ein inside the cockpit filled with water/fluid? I think that water/fluid is essential to his survival - and his cockpit got pierced. So...year. Plus his story has ran it's course, and I don't think there is a reason for him to return in the second season. I can only see one reason, and that is to showcase whatever new form Barbatos would be having. Robo-Ein appears, Barbatos in his new form takes care of him fairly easily. One to two episodes tops.

Akihiro is a bad-ass

-...but you already know that. I love that single shot showing the Guison Rebake, damaged and all, standing above all those defeated Mobile Suits. Akihiro comes out looking really strong after this episode.

No one dies

- I honestly thought that one of Shino, Azee, or Lafter would bite the dust, but nope, they all survived. I eventually became fine with that, but it bugged me that Lafter came out looking unscratched. I mean, I love Lafter and all, and she is probably my favorite character based solely on me liking her character design, but come on, nothing? Not even a sling or bandages?

- I am fine with everyone surviving as we would be having a second season, and I rather continue the development of these characters we already know rather than introduce new characters who wouldn't be developed that much as we have 25 episodes only. Plus, I feel like the battles would increase in scale come season two. I don't think it would be fleets versus fleets or anything like that though.

- RIDE SURVIVED. Now that is something I didn't expect to see. Not that I want a kid to be killed off, but hey, I guess this may mean he got a role to play in the next season. With Takaki most likely taking on Biscuit's role, Ride may be taking on Takaki's previous role. (Or maybe he would finally get to pilot a MS, he seems to be eager to be out on the field).
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 18:52   Link #92
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlugo View Post

Yeah, I can honestly say that IBO has dethroned Wing as my favorite Gundam series. I'm so happy Season 2 has been confirmed.
Wing is also my favorite Gundam series, though that maybe more because I watched that growing up. So nostalgia factor and all

But IBO is up there firmly among my Top 3 Gundam series, along with Wing and OO.
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 19:09   Link #93
Skye629

I have to say they wrapped this up really well

Particularly liked how they used the OP for oart of a fight scene then trasitioned into the actual OP. That was cool and a rare thing to see. They also ended the fight sooner than most final episodes and spent a few more minutes wrapping things up and establishing for S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
Wow, Shounen power up much Mika?, then again Gundam shows have been very vague and weird regarding the empathy of the Gundams to their pilots.

Poor Gaelio, I hope he survived.

McGillis...Can we say he currently is the most perfect char clone yet? (not counting Full Frontal of course.)
Eh IMO the top one is still Zechs/Milliardo, theres just way too many "parallels"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Along with Biscuit, Eins, and Crank. Maybe even that obe kid being smothered by boobies....
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 19:24   Link #94
mweloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrodriguez View Post
- I honestly thought that one of Shino, Azee, or Lafter would bite the dust, but nope, they all survived. I eventually became fine with that, but it bugged me that Lafter came out looking unscratched. I mean, I love Lafter and all, and she is probably my favorite character based solely on me liking her character design, but come on, nothing? Not even a sling or bandages?
If you pause at one point during Orga's speech, you can see Lafter with bandages around her chest and neck. Her injuries were probably minor.

Last edited by mweloo; 2016-03-27 at 20:13.
mweloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 19:27   Link #95
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It was maybe a bit much that all of Azee, Lafter, & Shino survived. I mean sure I'm all for...Lafter surviving . But maybe losing someone in that mix would have been a good idea.
Personally I'm happy none of them died, and not just because I like the characters.

Very few series can deal with multiple deaths of named characters well, rather than just using it as fodder for drama. IBO already killed enough characters, I think.

Quote:
Just makes Ein look really incompetent in regards to killing people.
Rather than incompetent, Ein was just seriously confused to the point he didn't know what he was doing

Quote:
Heck with this I'm not even sure Gaelio is really dead. Ein I'm fine with putting in a hole somewhere, but I think there is more you can do with Gaelio's character. After all the crap he went through in that fight I think he should get his chance for payback.
In terms of getting payback on McGillis, I think that'll be Kudelia's role, perhaps with something Gaelio and Carta did lending a hand.

Or maybe Almeira, that would certainly take the series full circle.

Quote:
Though from that range it'd be amazing incompetence for him to screw up that killing blow.

You never know though. Could easily spin it as part of the plan for Gaelio to eventually come after him to kill him.
While seeing Gaelio come back for revenge would be nice, it'd be way too weird for him to escape, Mcgillis was not joking around there.

I'm actually interested in seeing if killing Gaelio would affect Mcgillis in any way.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 19:27   Link #96
Friday
Im shy too...

9.5/10

roll on 2nd season......
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 19:32   Link #97
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
Lol, Just realized: Mika made a deal with a demon(Barbatos).

In exchange for the power to beat Ein it took away his right eye and arm.
He only needs to have rehab on his arm and..he has partial vision in his left eye. With regards to his arm and eye, just think of him as having a stroke from the strain of using Barbatos. It's not as religious/fantasy-ish as the forum is making it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
I want McGillis to die a slow death. Not only did he use Galli he curb stomped him completely. Mika had closer fights with him how did he get curb stomped that badly in a gundam. McGillis is using cheat codes.
No, McGillis was using superior fighting techniques. Gaelio was not in the right frame of mind and got killed. Even when it was obvious he was going to lose and obvious that McGillis was intent on killing him, Gaelio continued to attack instead of retreating.

I hate to be in Almira's shoes when she finds out how her brother died. I wonder how long is she really gonna live. Will she die after her honeymoon?

Imagine....he kills off Almira (after getting what he wants out of her family) and attempts to marry Kudelia to solidify his position on both sides of the political spectrum.

Last edited by orion; 2016-03-27 at 19:43.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 19:43   Link #98
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Look again.

Images
Why do I believe this to be true? lol
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 19:57   Link #99
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
He only needs to have rehab on his arm and..he has partial vision in his left eye. With regards to his arm and eye, just think of him as having a stroke from the strain of using Barbatos. It's not as religious/fantasy-ish as the forum is making it.
It was just a joke on Barbatos' namesakes nature and even then its different, we're well aware there's nothing more to it than that.

As Almira, I am for some reason getting some odd Sayla vibes from her after this episode.

I mean her dream vision of McGillis will be shattered if she finds out the truth regarding the situation, she'd be rebelling and hiding her identity from him.

Though I imagine McGillis can easily paint Tekkadan as the 'bad guys' to her eyes.
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 20:32   Link #100
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Damn, Carta and Gaelio are dead. The ship has sunk. T_T

Oh well, at least I got McGillis vs Gaelio. I was expecting Mika vs Orga at the beginning of the series, but I guess this is the next best thing. Well, there's always next season right?

Lafter being alive is awesome (couldn't care less about white haired chick or the mechanic). Maybe we'll get AkiXLafter in the 2nd season.

And goddammit Atra, here you are with Mika saying that it was literally her that saved him, Mika and Kudelia looking like they 'cooled off' just by giving him an ipad, on top of that Kudelia is out of the picture with her staying on Earth, and you had to force your harem onto them because of insecurities? C'mon Atra, victory has already been handed to you and yet you still deny it. XD

Overall, there were some things I didn't like in the series (last episode shounen power up via fighting spirit being one of them, though to be fair it's been hinted that Mika hasn't been using Barbatos at full power), but IMO this is my favourite Gundam to date. I mean sure, I make it no secret that I'm an Okadafag, but...

- with memorable characters like Biscuit and Ein (man he sure was yandere over Crank huh? not that I can blame him)

- seeing the character growth of naive Kudelia to the one we have right now

- the brilliance of the way McGillis was written as the manipulator behind the scenes

-the subtle jabs at the real world where in the end its multinational corporations that are in power and,

-seeing the Tekkadan transform from a ragtag band of kids pretty much being slaves to the ones that pretty much toppled Gjallahorn's control of the world

...I'd say my reasons for loving this series so much isn't just because Okada wrote it.

Now just hoping they won't screw up the 2nd season. Until fall, c'ya later folks!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote