AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2009-01-28, 00:24   Link #81
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Too bad they didn't name Sou Sou, Cow Cow.
You do realise that the above names are taken from the Brewitt-Taylor translation that dates back to the 1920's before Hanyu Pinyin takes root (and Beijing was known as Peking), right ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 03:21   Link #82
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Too bad they didn't name Sou Sou, Cow Cow.
Actually, the current established English spelling of the name of the Wei kingdom's monarch is "Cao Cao", though pronounced "Chao Chao".
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 14:20   Link #83
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil View Post
Actually, the current established English spelling of the name of the Wei kingdom's monarch is "Cao Cao", though pronounced "Chao Chao".
I know. But I can't suppress a chuckle whenever I hear Cow Cow in DW games.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 11:06   Link #84
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Man looks like talks of Koihime Musou died here. Anyone play the 2nd game yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
Btw, in the harem ending, the rest of them goes to the same school as him? Cause if they do...I worry for his life

Does look that way, doesn't it ?
Well if the harem ending of the first game is something, try that of Shin KH

Spoiler:
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 13:47   Link #85
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Mmmmmmmm-Maaaaaaaann.... Been busy there man.

I'm sure someone has it blogged or such, but does anyone have a link to a English tutorial on the gameplay?
Old 2010-10-17, 19:46   Link #86
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

how many endings does the first Koihime Musou have? including this harem ending.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 21:19   Link #87
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Wow, old thread is old!
Old 2011-03-12, 18:10   Link #88
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Bumping it coz the english version is out now.

Been playing through it, I think it's a shame Aisha's VA doesn't get more anime roles, I think she's a pretty decent voice. She'd be a good choice for headstrong tsundere roles I reckon.

Since I have watched all of the anime, I'm quite attached to the characters already. Enshou's laughs make me laugh for some reason, what a silly oujo-sama! Good thing she has Ganryou to save her skin, lol. Sousou is as sadistic and naughty as ever. Strangely I'd prefer the game without ero however.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 00:28   Link #89
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Played through the English version last week.

Sei, Shion and Aisha were the characters I liked the most. As for routes, Sei and Shion were gold, default Aisha was decent, but the Enshou route with Bunshu and Ganryou - oh, that was just hilarious. Almost outdid the main story. Those three are just gold.

I found the gameplay WAY too easy though. Seriously, once you know when the other side does their ultimate, if it's one that is painful, just set Shuri up to nullify it with her Ultimate, use Shion as secondary and spam Infantry Square or Echelon/Double Echelon or sometimes Inverted Wedge, depending on the rotation of formations the AI uses. And if their ultimate sucks, Shion in primary and Shuri in secondary for even better resistance. Think there was only one battle that enforced having to go on attacking formations - defensive ones save way more people.

And for the record, there's 4 endings. Aisha, Rinrin, Shuri and Harem. Harem is required to show the final part of the Enshou story, though.
Old 2011-03-13, 01:00   Link #90
Mizuno
Undefined

I have yet to finished the game but I agree about Enshou's little "adventure" is worthy of a few OVA episodes itself, it's pretty amusing.

About the harem end, I have read somewhere that you need the home base encounters for Aisha, Rinrin, and Shuri to be the same for it to be an option... however I think I have lost count of how many times I have visited each, is it that critical?
Old 2011-03-13, 01:47   Link #91
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I just ignored all 3 on the 4th playthrough. At the mirror, it gives an option for Aisha or everyone.
Old 2011-03-13, 01:52   Link #92
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Dont you have to clear all the girls to get the harem route option?
Old 2011-03-13, 05:24   Link #93
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I did it last, so maybe? Either way, game is incredibly short.
Old 2011-03-13, 05:32   Link #94
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Will be getting this game soon, I'm looking forward to it. I simply loved Koihime Musou series so naturally, dating the awesome cast is a must :3
Can anyone spoil me regarding the characters that you can choose. I know about the main cast, but do supporting characters have their own ending or are they only included in harem ending?
Old 2011-03-13, 05:39   Link #95
Xacual

Harem ending only requires a clear of each of the three main heroines. You can even just reload an old save near the end and the everyone option will be there now.

Also I haven't tried this but since I'm pretty sure Aisha is always an end option whether or not you clear her, since she was still there even though I only did one or two of her events during my playthrough doing rinrin only, you could just clear rinrin and shuri and then with one save near the end do all 3 endings and reload for the harem option to be there too.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 11:28   Link #96
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Took me 4 playthroughs to clear the side characters as well as the mains because you only get to choose 3 sides each home phase.

Only Aisha, Rinrin and Shuri have specific endings. However, some side characters will have more resolution than others. Sei, Shion and Sui get a lot of scenes too, so you will get a conclusive end point to their arc, even if it isn't the ending itself.

I forgot Ren...Ren's arc was one of the better ones. Some cute and funny stuff happens with her. For humour, Enshou still rules that roost.

The ending is rather...sudden and doesn't really wrap things up. It's very open-ended - for me anyway. But meh, was an amusing few days spent playing this.
Old 2011-03-13, 18:44   Link #97
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Also I haven't tried this but since I'm pretty sure Aisha is always an end option whether or not you clear her, since she was still there even though I only did one or two of her events during my playthrough doing rinrin only, you could just clear rinrin and shuri and then with one save near the end do all 3 endings and reload for the harem option to be there too.
I had a feeling while playing through that Aisha was somewhat default since she kept passing by an embarrassed reaction whenever discussions went on so it sorta makes me feel like I wasted a choice when it could have been used for rinrin, but otherwise she does have a good storyline So basically just go for rinrin and shuri until near the end, make a save, then you basically get the harem ending on your first playthrough..
Old 2011-03-14, 00:20   Link #98
Mizuno
Undefined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I did it last, so maybe? Either way, game is incredibly short.
I don't think the game is short if it means you can burn 30-50 hours on it. Especially if you finish listening to the voice clips before you proceed to the next dialogue which is what I'm doing.
Old 2011-03-14, 03:39   Link #99
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I don't think the game is short if it means you can burn 30-50 hours on it. Especially if you finish listening to the voice clips before you proceed to the next dialogue which is what I'm doing.
Definitely agree. Listening to voices makes the game even longer. I'm already several hours in and still not hallway there. I even forget that it's an eroge game because of all the captivating story and characters
Old 2011-03-14, 07:12   Link #100
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Voice clips? My copy doesn't have a single voice clip....