AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2019-03-19, 14:30   Link #81
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Finished the game. I enjoyed it a lot, but I feel it could have been better. For one, it was too short. With three playable characters this time, I expected it to be longer. I'm aware players are greatly encouraged to replay the game, but I'd say 30 missions would have been a better length (10 per character). More varied environments would have been nice, especially during the second half of the game. It's using a terrific engine, I would have liked to see more beautiful scenery like in DMC4.

I really liked the story, but I personally have some issues with the ending

Spoiler for Ending spoilers:

As for the game's main strength, it's definitely the gameplay which is near perfect. The enemies and bosses were all great as well, they did a fantastic job there.

For the next game, I'd love a Sparda prequel. I think it's long overdue.
Old 2019-04-05, 14:48   Link #82
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Old 2019-04-06, 10:18   Link #83
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-06, 10:35   Link #84
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Spoiler for ending spoilers:
Old 2019-04-06, 16:34   Link #85
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Finished the game. I enjoyed it a lot, but I feel it could have been better. For one, it was too short. With three playable characters this time, I expected it to be longer. I'm aware players are greatly encouraged to replay the game, but I'd say 30 missions would have been a better length (10 per character). More varied environments would have been nice, especially during the second half of the game. It's using a terrific engine, I would have liked to see more beautiful scenery like in DMC4.

I really liked the story, but I personally have some issues with the ending

As for the game's main strength, it's definitely the gameplay which is near perfect. The enemies and bosses were all great as well, they did a fantastic job there.

For the next game, I'd love a Sparda prequel. I think it's long overdue.
Easiest explanation I could find:

Demons/Devils use human blood to power up, you can see this with Urizen using human blood to create the Qlipoth fruit to become the new king of hell/underworld.

Dante and Vergil are 50% devils and 50% human, the human blood running through their veins is constantly powering up their devil side making half breed like them far more powerful than a full 100% devil.

Nero originally was a quarter devil, but after he loses his arm he becomes 1% devil, to the point that even the enemies love to point it out how human he is throughout the entire game. Now he has a 1% devil side being powered up by a 99% human side constantly.

So now this becomes a math problem, which do you think is getting the best power up?

A 100% percent demon. (Sparta)

A 100% demon eating a fruit made out of human blood once. (Urizen and Mundus)

A half demon (50%) that is constantly being powered up by human blood that is just at 50% it's original quality. (Dante and Vergil)

A 1% demon that is constantly being powered up by human blood that is 99% it's original quality. (Nero)

Basically, the less demon a half breed has in them, the stronger the power up they receive and their potential will also be better.
Old 2019-04-08, 10:45   Link #86
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm not sure that's how it works. Dante needed the sword Sparda's help to reach his father's level of power in DMC1 and then to surpass him in DMC5. He isn't naturally stronger than him.
Old 2019-04-08, 11:07   Link #87
Chosen_Hero

^When he defeated Mundus in DMC 1 he was already stronger than Sparta. Remember that Sparda never defeated Mundus he just locked the underworld/hell away. Devil Sword Sparda doesn't give him that much of a power up, the reason DSD is so powerful is because it is Dante himself.
Old 2019-04-08, 18:51   Link #88
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
^When he defeated Mundus in DMC 1 he was already stronger than Sparta. Remember that Sparda never defeated Mundus he just locked the underworld/hell away. Devil Sword Sparda doesn't give him that much of a power up, the reason DSD is so powerful is because it is Dante himself.
I was under the impression Sparda did defeat Mundus. He just couldn't kill him, just like Dante.

But after thinking about it a bit more, the sole fact Vergil was stronger than Urizen proves you right about half-humans being stronger.
Old 2019-04-12, 23:48   Link #89
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I was under the impression Sparda did defeat Mundus. He just couldn't kill him, just like Dante.

But after thinking about it a bit more, the sole fact Vergil was stronger than Urizen proves you right about half-humans being stronger.
Not really... it's a given Vergil would be stronger given he has both V's ingenuity and Urizen's power from the fruit.

Keep in mind Vergil didn't use to be this strong either.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-22, 17:26   Link #90
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Just started playing the game. I wish Jump Cancelling came from the get go so that combos are easier to make, especially since Nero has less weapons than Dante
Old 2019-07-02, 12:23   Link #91
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So yeah, I've just finished DMC5 and understood your comments about it. The final boss felt easy in my first try but redoing it is far more challenging. Nero becoming an actual demon, something he was unable to do in DMC 4 (though the artbook shows there were plans for a demon Nero) is a bit weird. Still, I think Morihashi managed to explain well how Dante became stronger than ever. He remembered that he was impaled in DMC3 he awakened his devil self. Now that Rebellion was broken, he still used alongside Sparda (sword) to create the new Dante Sword alongside his new transformation.

About Nero's transformation, I have no idea. My wildest guest is that Yamato reacted to Nero once again (and probably the Dante sword). I mean, he even has the transporting swords again like his father and uncle. Great game, loved the fights and story though.
Old 2019-07-29, 21:45   Link #92
Sidvanhalen

I would like to pick this game up soon too
Sidvanhalen is offline   Reply With Quote