Dying Light
PREY 2
Homefront 2
BGE 2
Mirror's edge 2
Rainbow 6 PATRIOTS
Brother in Arms
League of legends

What...? League of Legends on X1? How would that even work?
This list is a fake. It came out before Halo Spartan Assault was announced, so it has the wrong logo. Also, that's not the kind of game you'd want as your first HALO title on a new console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
http://www.edge-online.com/news/ps4-...anche-studios/

[PlayStation 4 currently beats Xbox One in terms of raw power and has a more mature developer environment, Avalanche Studios has told us.

The Just Cause creator is working with each next gen console right now, and says that in terms of pure specifications and working environment, PS4 is the preferable console. But with Xbox One’s cloud capabilities and further developer support coming, Sony can’t claim an early victory just yet.

We asked Avalanche’s chief technical officer Linus Blomberg how the two consoles compare. “It’s difficult to say, as it’s still early days when it comes to drivers,” he told us. “With each new driver release, performance increases dramatically in some areas. The PlayStation 4 environment is definitely more mature currently, so Microsoft has some catching up to do. But I’m not too concerned about that as they traditionally have been very good in that area. The specs on paper would favour the PS4 over the Xbox One in terms of raw power, but there are many other factors involved so we’ll just have to wait and see a bit longer before making that judgment.”]
These two statements are pretty devastating, as they speak to how far behind Microsoft is on both fronts. Since both machines are still yet to finalize their builds, nobody would bring up the difference unless it was really striking. These statements are a lot stronger than you'd see from non-Indie developers, and Microsoft is in pretty big trouble if we see more like this (we won't).
Old 2013-06-06, 08:39   Link #1022
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I guess Sony learned their lesson from the PS3.
Old 2013-06-06, 10:10   Link #1023
Westlo
Lets be reality

Well that list is now proven to be fake (like it ever wasn't) since Respawn's game leaked in the last few hours, called TitanFall, fps where you are a pilot where you can pilot mechs, or run around with your mech following you and you can jump up and shoot the "brain" etc.

It's using the infinite power of the cloud as well, thankfully this is coming out for PC too, seems it's going to get a shitty port by another dev team for the 360 too.

Full details on gaf.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=578141
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 10:16   Link #1024
Sides

MCVUK makes wild specualtion that MS is trying to make a deal with BskyB(or just Sky nowadays, not sure), to supply the xbone as replacement for sky's own satellite receiver, source: mcvuk.com
Like most people, won't surprise me to see an USB3.0 DVB tuner coming soonish for the xbone, as well as the PS4 (see PlayTV and Torne), maybe a good deal for the people who like to pay for subscription TV and love watching a lot of ads...

Sky's answers to MCVUK random speculation, source MCVUK
Hmm, yeah you would think journalist would ask details from both parties first, before running a story.. Guess this is what people mean with freedom of the press

Last edited by Sides; 2013-06-06 at 10:33.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 17:19   Link #1025
videoman190

Xbox water cooler and VCR!
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 17:24   Link #1026
defki

Xbox One: Details on Connectivity, Licensing and Privacy Features

This is a fucking joke. Is this supposed to be better? Is this supposed to be "we are listening"?
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 17:32   Link #1027
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I can't shake my baffled consternation upon reading that "yeah you need internet connection once per 24h, BUT you can watch TV and BD/DVD!".
For christ sake, it is a frigging game console to begin with, but the features and all are just nothing but epeen tech device that hardly hit home with the primary target consumers.

Really, the console sounds like a dumbed down PC (disc are hardly relevant now, right?) to the point I can't see any appeal, after all the bad news cascading recently.
Old 2013-06-06, 18:03   Link #1028
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Xbox One: Details on Connectivity, Licensing and Privacy Features

This is a fucking joke. Is this supposed to be better? Is this supposed to be "we are listening"?

Here are the major points summarized:

• 24 hour Internet checks, can't game after 24 hours
  • Trading in your games is up to the publisher and only at approved retailers
  • No renting, loaning or private sale (Amazon, eBay) except to someone who's been on your friends list for more than 30 days -- after that the game can never be resold again
  • Kinect still required, but can be set to not listen for "Xbox On," don't worry

At least Kinect can be set to 'not listen'. But still, the rest is really bad. 'eff XBox None. I don't want to get one.

Some things about this system are a real pisser. I just hope it doesn't end up doing pretty well because so many gamers end up biting the bullet just for a new Banjo or yet another Halo game. Do you guys really need a Halo rehash or a new Rare game (from a Rare that is a shell of its former self) for a system that has DRM/restrictions that totally suck balls?

This system shouldn't be propelled to success, yet it will probably still sell tens of millions anyway because gamers bite the bullet for a few games they feel they just gotta have. And like others have pointed out in other forums, the XBox One will probably be selling at least just fine anyway because gamers have short memories. People are flipping shit about the system now, but a year from now so many of those that were ranking on the XBO this month will have gotten one anyway. Gamers don't know how to steer the gaming companies. Micro-transactions came to the party and people said "Don't buy them; then they won't be hear to stay". But millions of gamers decided they couldn't do without horse armor and gun packs, so, welp, now gaming companies know they can just nickle and dime gamers to big profits. This also lead to game companies doing the whole thing of putting content on discs but then locking it and making it be "DLC" you pay for in the future (you pay money just to unlock what is already on the disc).

If XBox One is very successful and sells like 50 million units in 5 years, gaming companies will know that they can slam gamers with very restrictive DRM and gamers will generally just roll over and take it.

Now I'm kind of worried what Sony will do with PS4 and DRM. I hope they don't mess up bad with that, because I'd like a PS4, especially since XBO is a no-go for me.
Old 2013-06-06, 18:31   Link #1029
kyp275
Meh

so basically MS went and confirmed all the "rumours", for those who were desperate enough to pretend those were rumours, and somehow made everything sound even worse than they already did.

GG MS
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 18:34   Link #1030
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Complaints alone are meaningless to video game companies just like complaints alone are meaningless to politicians.

Video game companies only care about complaints if those complaints are likely to translate into lost sales. Similarly, politicians only care about complaints if those complaints are likely to translate into lost votes.

When you buy a product, you're essentially voting with your wallet. Buying an XBox One is similar in this vein to voting for a particular politician - It doesn't matter how much you complain, if you give them tangible, quantifiable support with money or a vote, that's what really matters.

If you buy their product, you are essentially supporting them, and supporting the product.

This is something that I think is important to consider before you buy a product. Do you want to reward the company that made that product? Do you want to reward the product itself? Because that's how your purchase will be taken.

Personally, I don't think the XBox One deserves to be rewarded.
Old 2013-06-06, 18:40   Link #1031
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhŕi)
*Graphic Designer

^ i for one will NEVER buy and support Xbox ONE for sure. believe me, i'm as stubborn as
a rock once i say NEVER. i'm not going to support a company that put all sort of stupid DRM on
us gamers that...you know, want to play our games without having to worry about "OMG, i dont
have internet on, i'm SCREW!". >______>;

if post already, then meh. if not, coooool.
source: Xbox One requires online check every 24 hrs.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/microso...ox-one-6409419
Quote:
"With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console," reads Microsoft's statement.

If playing games on another Xbox One, such as a friends' or family members', the console will require check-in with an active internet connection every hour.

Microsoft adds that "offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies."
can i just call this system a Spybox 1 now? because that's what it really is in disguise. and that Kinect freaks me out for some reason. it's like it's watching my every moves and privacy.
Old 2013-06-06, 18:45   Link #1032
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
^ i for one will NEVER buy and support Xbox ONE for sure. believe me, i'm as stubborn as
a rock once i say NEVER. i'm not going to support a company that put all sort of stupid DRM on
us gamers that...you know, want to play our games without having to worry about "OMG, i dont
have internet on, i'm SCREW!". >______>;
I would never doubt the word of someone badass enough to have Dark Material Fate for his/her avatar and sig.

At least that's who I think is in your avatar and sig, lol.

But yeah, Spybox sounds like a good name for it. Or, given how much Microsoft likes Call of Doggy... maybe we can call it Spydog!
Old 2013-06-06, 19:05   Link #1033
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Since MS will bend over and screw XBone owners...

XBox One: The Spy Who Shagged Me

Yeah, Baby!
Old 2013-06-06, 19:07   Link #1034
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Basically, the 24 hour check means forget taking it to the cabin or to Aunt Mattie's dialup condo to play games on. Or if Xfinity goes down for a week because they f'd up the cable trunk box.

That isn't a killer but it adds another stick to the pile that makes the camel cry, so to speak.
Old 2013-06-06, 19:08   Link #1035
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Share access to your games with everyone inside your home: Your friends and family, your guests and acquaintances get unlimited access to all of your games. Anyone can play your games on your console--regardless of whether you are logged in or their relationship to you.
What is amazing, is that MS is selling this as a "feature". You know; something that had been possible for every console that had ever been sold?

"You can share your game with people in your house" is NOT a feature, any more than "free oxygen for you to breath" is suppose to be a healthcare program.
Quote:
Basically, the 24 hour check means forget taking it to the cabin or to Aunt Mattie's dialup condo to play games on. Or if Xfinity goes down for a week because they f'd up the cable trunk box.

That isn't a killer but it adds another stick to the pile that makes the camel cry, so to speak.
The first test would be release-day. I would be AMAZED if the server didn't crash and render all the owners unable to play for a few days. It would be like Simcity2013, except for hardware.
Old 2013-06-06, 19:34   Link #1036
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Old 2013-06-06, 19:58   Link #1037
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoman190 View Post

Xbox water cooler and VCR!
This is the stupidest thing I ever herd in that unveiling. They said it, it must provide cold water for us.

And yes that was not funny at all one bit.
Old 2013-06-06, 20:11   Link #1038
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Don't they mean water heater ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 20:19   Link #1039
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Don't they mean water heater ?
Having a game console that is also a mini-fridge would be cool. You would have a console that has a dedicated cooling system, and you can grab your favourite beverage too. They might even add an ice machine.
Old 2013-06-06, 21:01   Link #1040
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Having a game console that is also a mini-fridge would be cool. You would have a console that has a dedicated cooling system, and you can grab your favourite beverage too. They might even add an ice machine.
I guess that'd be cool, but really, I'm waiting for Japan to make the first sex-bot.

Japan, where's my sex-bot?!!

Now that I think about it, it'll probably only come in two varieties: loli and shota. Nevermind, Japan!