Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-10-30, 14:36   Link #1061
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
“Bloody Reina to all Processors on all fronts!”
I got goosebumps every time i read that line ��������
The Bloody Reina/Bloody Regina thing is kind of surreal for me, not gonna lie .
Old 2021-10-30, 15:31   Link #1062
Yazi88

Very action packed episode. And we see the true effectiveness of the Reginleifs. Especially the former Spearhead member's specialized units.

Of course, Shin having the best action moments in this ep and being even more effective with his unit's blades since the blades are longer and function better than his old Republic Juggernaut.

And this is where volume 2 of the novel ends. Volume 3 content begins with next week's episode.
Yazi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-30, 18:27   Link #1063
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Not sure if it was the best episode overall but clearly the best one of this half yet.

Very action packed, plot moved up and we saw Lena's side of things again.

@sierra117 I see you have a quote from "Dungeon Defence" in signature. Do you know if the series is still on hiatus? I read first two volumes in past but stopped when I found out author put it on hold after vol. 5.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-30, 18:49   Link #1064
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a great episode. Really good action and the plot moved forward. It was clear Shin had no purpose anymore since his brother died and even Frederica's pep talk last week didn't do anything about it. Hopefully seeing her cry for his sake will get him thinking. He has a cute little sister to protect, he can't afford to die.

I'm glad the days of the Republic are finally coming to an end as we'll finally stop seeing those comically evil and incompetent soldiers.
Old 2021-10-30, 19:52   Link #1065
Random14

No wonder Frederica is so concerned with how crazed Shin looks. They managed to push back the first wave, but they’re still in big trouble with the Legion attacking all the nearby countries at once. Who knew their numbers were that huge, even Shin doesn’t want to think about it.

At least Lena parts on better terms with her uncle. Looks like Karlstahl will go out fighting, which is more than you can say for the rest of the Alba. Glad they covered her basic strategy, not like the 86 owe their oppressors anything, but if they don’t protect the factories then everything really will be over.

The new Reginleif did pretty good but I want to see more of how the Federacy brass deal with Shin now that he’s revealed his ability. Although I kind of hope the series keeps checking in on Lena too, her situation is probably even more dire than the Frederacy’s.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-30, 20:04   Link #1066
Xiyon

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudgeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

why end the episode there? why couldn't this be an hour-long episode? whyyyyyyyyyy?

-ahem-

Oddly enough, I thought the Nordlicht squadron was just Shin and co on the frontlines while the rest were maintenance crew, etc. I didn't realize it was an actual squadron. Also, dayum, the gang just tore through the Legion forces; just imagine how much better off San Magnolia could have been if they actually equipped the 86 properly.

Lena's uncle had his own small moment of redemption, too. As speculated by many folks last season, the higher-ups do know the truth and are resigned to their paradise ending in bloody fashion.

The old man's argument was sound, as well: what right do they have asking for the 86 to help them? Glad to know he plans to go down fighting, at least. Hopefully Lena can hold off the Legion forces long enough for Shina and Co to make their triumphant return (as well as recruit even more 86 to join the Nordlicht squadron). That was the San Magnolia flag Frederica saw in her vision, right?

But yeah. That damn cliffhanger just as the pace ramped up again...!
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-30, 20:20   Link #1067
Wandering Soul

That was one blood-pumping episode. Shin and the squad may have pushed back the Legion, but the other nations are still in trouble. Shin himself still is not the best place mentally either.

I like that the series is finally showing Lena again and how she will have to deal with her situation. Her uncle may not agree with her views, but at least he'll go out buying her time. Regardless of what happens next, the Republic seems like it's seeing its final days.
Old 2021-10-30, 21:14   Link #1068
Gerard07

Seen the chapter, the battle started where Shin's group fought, Frederica seems to realize that Shin is mentally collapsing, and Lena will take the manga of all those left to survive, let's see how many saves, wait for the next chapter.
Question; What is the power of Frederica? How do you know what happens to other people at a distance?.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-30, 22:58   Link #1069
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
Seen the chapter, the battle started where Shin's group fought, Frederica seems to realize that Shin is mentally collapsing, and Lena will take the manga of all those left to survive, let's see how many saves, wait for the next chapter.
Question; What is the power of Frederica? How do you know what happens to other people at a distance?.
I think if Frederica connects with someone, she can visualize/see them or what they're seeing in the present-day, like she did with Shin and Kiriya as a Legion.
Old 2021-10-30, 23:09   Link #1070
eilegz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think if Frederica connects with someone, she can visualize/see them or what they're seeing in the present-day, like she did with Shin and Kiriya as a Legion.
I remember that past episode she explained that her royal lineage have some kind of power or something that she can see the future of others if im not mistaken.
eilegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-30, 23:33   Link #1071
Yazi88

She can only see from their perspective, no audio.
Yazi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-30, 23:41   Link #1072
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post

@sierra117 I see you have a quote from "Dungeon Defence" in signature. Do you know if the series is still on hiatus? I read first two volumes in past but stopped when I found out author put it on hold after vol. 5.
Last time i heard, the series got axed due to plagiarism or some other similar scandal from the author
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-31, 01:41   Link #1073
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilegz View Post
I remember that past episode she explained that her royal lineage have some kind of power or something that she can see the future of others if im not mistaken.
She can't see the future. What her power does is allowing her to see the past and present of the people she's met.
Old 2021-10-31, 05:15   Link #1074
Eraea

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilegz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazi88 View Post
She can only see from their perspective, no audio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
She can't see the future. What her power does is allowing her to see the past and present of the people she's met.
Only people she met and know the names of are the ones she can peek at. If she doesn't know a person's name and what they look/looked like, she can't peek at them. This explains how she can peek at Kiriya even if he already technically died and became a legion brain computer.
Eraea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-31, 08:08   Link #1075
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Interesting screen capture I got.

Spoiler for Image:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-31, 09:45   Link #1076
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
Lena's uncle had his own small moment of redemption, too. As speculated by many folks last season, the higher-ups do know the truth and are resigned to their paradise ending in bloody fashion.
What makes you think that? There is zero indication they knew anything. Lena's uncle is very much the exception, he's been shown to be far more insightful than any of the Albas in the series. He just wasn't doing anything because he believed the Republic didn't deserve to survive given how they treated the 86. He's one of the few who saw them as humans.
Old 2021-10-31, 12:52   Link #1077
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What makes you think that? There is zero indication they knew anything. Lena's uncle is very much the exception, he's been shown to be far more insightful than any of the Albas in the series. He just wasn't doing anything because he believed the Republic didn't deserve to survive given how they treated the 86. He's one of the few who saw them as humans.
I guess in a way Lena and her uncle are both kind of reflections of her father. Lena represents her father's ideals with a stronger conviction to see them realized and fight to the bitter end while Karlstahl was those ideals weighed down and crushed by the realities of the Republic and feeling like the same will happen to Lena.
Old 2021-10-31, 13:19   Link #1078
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Uhh, wait, so not only are the 86 super-awesomey at piloting their robots, but random no-name characters in their battalion can also pilot just as good? There is only like 5 of them, but the screens clearly showed more than that fighting.

Also, they aren't gonna die. That's not a cliffhanger.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-31, 13:36   Link #1079
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Uhh, wait, so not only are the 86 super-awesomey at piloting their robots, but random no-name characters in their battalion can also pilot just as good? There is only like 5 of them, but the screens clearly showed more than that fighting.

Spoiler for :
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-31, 14:15   Link #1080
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post

Didn't they mention earlier that half the people they recruited died? So I guess the ones left got"gud".
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, politics, sci-fi