Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-19, 09:35   Link #1061
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
This episode should be DVD exclusive, it was said in this topic.

Well, Rosario to Vampire Capu 2 have something in common.
I kinow its a dvd only episode, i already said that I was answering the question as to where the info was.

I haven't seen anything saying R+T is going top be released on Crunchy either, just looked through their forums and there's nothing listed there. Where'd you hear it was going to be released on CR???
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 09:40   Link #1062
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

All their last projects have been released like this (if you mean with subs already & per-pay for episode). But I can't say it for sure.

And I read it firstly like you're searching for something from Gonzo that have something in common with SW.
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 09:59   Link #1063
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
I kinow its a dvd only episode, i already said that I was answering the question as to where the info was.
The only place that with a 13th episode is ANN, and most of the information there is user-contributed. Heck, it's even scheduled to air next week according to them. All six of the DVDs have a stated runtime of 50 minutes as well, and neither the official site or Shimada Humikane's blog have even mentioned a 13th episode.

I may have missed a magazine page or two (since I only buy CompAce but not Megami), or maybe it's an unannounced extra, but I'll bet ANN's information is just wrong, and somehow (English-speaking) fans started thinking there'd be a DVD episode.
Old 2008-09-19, 10:13   Link #1064
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
All their last projects have been released like this (if you mean with subs already & per-pay for episode). But I can't say it for sure.

And I read it firstly like you're searching for something from Gonzo that have something in common with SW.
I cant really see them doing it with R+T though, if the first season had been done then yeah, but not just season 2.

I'm more inclined to think there probably going to skipp a season, to evaluate whether the 3 shows released have been worth it. The starting again the following season. I also think there would have been an announcement already if R+T was going to be on CR and BOST
Old 2008-09-19, 10:21   Link #1065
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I'm sure Rosario season 2 will be up when the time comes.

I mean, they confirmed the season a LONG time ago. And that means it has entered production. I don't think Gonzo is the type of company to pull out of projects, however inconsistent in quality they otherwise might be.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 10:28   Link #1066
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

And what's the difference ? If all their last projects were in the same plan - then why it shouldn't be ? And btw, it is R+V, not R+T.
Old 2008-09-19, 10:33   Link #1067
kaosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eps~ View Post
Speaking of VA's, here's the image showing the seiyū and their anime counterparts.

miyukiiiiiiii!!! cuteness prevail!

(erica's va isn't that bad either...but ...miyukiiii...*insert fuuko starfish mode here* )

@Tk3997:you just made me want to finish that game .....
kaosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 11:10   Link #1068
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

This is the first series directed by Kazuhiro Takamura, isn't it?

This guy is good.
Kimura sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 11:13   Link #1069
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
And what's the difference ? If all their last projects were in the same plan - then why it shouldn't be ? And btw, it is R+V, not R+T.
Probably because it's a season 2, and i cant see them doing it with season 2 when they didnt do it with season 1. (and it's R+T = Rosario + Trash, cause season one was trash )

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I'm sure Rosario season 2 will be up when the time comes.

I mean, they confirmed the season a LONG time ago. And that means it has entered production. I don't think Gonzo is the type of company to pull out of projects, however inconsistent in quality they otherwise might be.
I was reffering to it nor being announced as a CR/BOST release. I've looked on both sites and there's nothing about and future releases. Last time there was an announcement about SW just before Druaga finished. There hasn't been anything this time.

I think it makes sense for them to evaluate the 3 shows and see how well it was recieved and other factors, then look at the next stage. I suppose it would also depend on the BOST team, since they're the guys that did the subs.

That said, Rosario anime sucked >.<

Season 2 of SW is a must!! The still havent gotten those little spirit critters, and there's that whole neuroi wanting to communicate thing that was never really explained.
Old 2008-09-19, 11:17   Link #1070
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
Probably because it's a season 2, and i cant see them doing it with season 2 when they didnt do it with season 1.
Doesn't matter.
Quote:
Rosario + Trash, cause season one was trash
You forgot to add imho. And a real definition of trash is really another thing.
Old 2008-09-19, 12:27   Link #1071
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
Well, I know as much about WW2 aviation as I do about, uh, rocket science, which is to say nothing at all. To me, all those Strikers look the same except for the paint scheme anyway .
I’ve loved warbirds since… umm well since I was old enough to remember at least. Sometimes I think when you know allot about something you really like it can suprise you when someone else doesn't...

Quote:
Except maybe the jet one, since that didn't have propellors. And maybe the two-seater training one, which was in CompAce but never got scanned... missed the chance to buy it too, since it was rather expensive at 1200 yen + domestic shipping + agent fees + international shipping for 3 pages ripped out of a magazine from 3 years ago <_<.

Maybe if I squint I'll be able to make out the words...
Reminds me of a tandem sky-diving rig which was how I'd sort of assumed training would be done. Acutally I saw a very good documentary about HALO (High Altitude Low Opening) jump training that I felt had some good info for any kind of flying magic user in fiction.

Quote:
I'm much more familiar with land combat/equipment, so I really wouldn't mind having a second season with some armored ground infantry Witches .
I like all military equipment I wrote a research paper for an English class about the T-34 for instance. If they do something focusing on the tank girls though I’ll probably end up needing to begin a new battle in my continuing crusade to the inform the masses that the Sherman wasn’t a bad tank on balance after someone disses it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosmos View Post
@Tk3997:you just made me want to finish that game .....
Five was a good one, I liked Zero slightly better in story, but I think Five's gameplay was probably better. Six had good game play, but the story never really grabbed me like Five and Zero did. (Four was kind of so-so as well) Ace Combat so needs an anime though even if it’s just an excuse to have modern jet fighters zooming around blasting each other in pretty modern animation… Like Yukikaze only with more f(l)ight scenes or Dogfights with less physics and more yelling.

On a somewhat related note the Africa Novella is giving me gigantic Ace Combat Zero vibes with the way it so far mostly seems to be a reporter wandering around talking to people about how awesome this super ace is... All I could think about when I was reading the first bit of Chapter 4 was this for instance.
Spoiler for size:

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 12:30   Link #1072
[Sakuretsu]
(´・ω・)

The ending was nice..

GONZO didn't deliver a bad and inconclusive ending.

All witches blasted their unique skills in one episode. Of course, I liked Sanya and Eila's scene the most. Second was Francesca and Barkhorn with her superhuman strength.

Hope to see another season and fresh newly batch of Strike Witches.
[Sakuretsu] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 12:54   Link #1073
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Oh also I was blundering around on the web and I don't know if anyone saw this and it's slightly OT, but what the hell...
Spoiler for Rocket Man...:

Yes it's real and I WANT ONE NOW DAMN IT!!!

PS: search Yves Rossy if you want more info

Old 2008-09-19, 12:57   Link #1074
kaosmos

Spoiler for about rosario+vampire "trash":

...omg a strike wizard!! O_o
Old 2008-09-19, 13:50   Link #1075
einhorn303

I also have to thank BOST and Gonzo. I mean, this is the first time I watched an anime series, from the first episode's airing to the last, the same time every week, just as it aired in Japan, legally and legitimately, and communally. I guess it just fails like "how anime was meant to be watched," how people got hooked on it back in the days.

BOST better get more shows, they've already lit the fiery hunger for simultaneous-release legalsubs in me. I kind of feel the next show they'll have will be Kurogane no Linebarrel. It'd be awesome if they had Rosario + Vampire capu as well, putting up the previous season as well (all at once). Even if people said "it ruined the manga," you can't go wrong with T, A, DFC, and moe characters right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Oh also I was blundering around on the web and I don't know if anyone saw this and it's slightly OT, but what the hell...
Spoiler for Rocket Man...:

Yes it's real and I WANT ONE NOW DAMN IT!!!
That reminds me of those thing some Japanese guy drew, that I never quite got:
http://panda180.deviantart.com/art/t...in-SW-97786877
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 14:17   Link #1076
cute_wong

The strike witches don't wear them cos it make putting on their machines more diffcult.
cute_wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 14:26   Link #1077
kaosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_wong View Post
The strike witches don't wear them cos it make putting on their machines more diffcult.
....And 54 page later,we get an answer of something from what....page 5?6?

(and that's already been said,none the less)

Thank you for the good laugh!
Old 2008-09-19, 14:51   Link #1078
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

I would definitely dig a second season. Though if they do, I'd figure it would concentrate on more on a different squadron. Karlsland? Suomos?

Actually I wouldn't mind a prequel either (maybe in the form of OVAs?) as to how the members of the 501st were recruited. With Mio being the first Strike Witch, I would have enjoyed seeing her test her strike unit for the first time.

Sometimes I wonder if the 501st started out as the "band of misfits" that the Suomus Squadron from the novel were.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 15:32   Link #1079
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
That reminds me of those thing some Japanese guy drew, that I never quite got:
http://panda180.deviantart.com/art/t...in-SW-97786877
LOL!

Never seen Top Gear then I take it?

The second one explains the Ref but for any that don't get it "All Ghillid Up" is a level in Call of Duty Four. You infiltrate Chernobyl to take down a guy trying to sell nuclear materials... with a .50 Caliber sniper rifle from a mile away. Well that and shot down a helicopter with a sniper rifle.

Old 2008-09-19, 15:37   Link #1080
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
But why would Sakamoto matter solely? She could still very well be in a supporting role and she was basically just that in this first season.

I think a sequel is just about official considering the final moments that just SCREAMED "CLIFFHANGER". Also, I hear the manga is continuing, so why the heck not?

Also, Druaga basically did the same thing. And wait, so did Rosario + Vampire though that show didn't drop the huge cliffhanger bomb like Druaga did. It seems to be Gonzo's modus operandi now.
I mention it because she's the one with the ability to spot the cores. That's a huge role to destroy the bad guys, but now that those are gone it's a wonder who they would fight.

Tags
bishoujo, bost tv, gonzo, kemonomimi, mecha, mecha musume