AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-26, 20:49   Link #11161
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

My head finally cools a bit(without need of a pontfinger crossfire shoot, fortunately xDU) and i was thinking about the AEC-equipement and their efficiency. We already knows that the AEC are designed to "bypass" the "Anti-Magic" capabilities of the Dividers by taking it's user's mana output directly without linking and transform into physical shoot/impact, sure i relieves them from the disadvantage the Divider represents but being tied more closely to the "physical" realm maybe limites their versatility(like, for example, the War Hammer don't appear to have "Graf Eisen" mass-altering capabilities, at least as far as we know, and Strike Cannon is more likely change modes by "rearranging" it's parts rather than "transform") but knowing Nanoha, her marksmanship could compensate for that(less devastating but more accurate and fast-charging attacks i guess, like a tank or something). I also thinked of their effectivity agains "Intelligent" or "Armed" devices. The're designed to bypass magic nullyfiers but don't appears to have any real counters to use against "older" devices(besides their own combat capabilities), maybe that's was the intention of the TSAB all the time and i have to concour with two theories throwed before.

A) The one that says the girls would keep their AEC in storage in case of a similar threat appears and...

B) The AECs are in fact, prototypes destined to be integrated into the original devices as alternate modes(or being directly fused into their frames).

I''m not sure if someone here know about "Zoids GENESIS" but i think some resemblance about all this "EC VS AEC" can be founded. For three seasons(FUZORZ being a complete waste, and didn't count for many fans) we're learned that energy beams, laser-ed swords, heavy artillery and forcefields are the dominant methods on zoids battles in Planet Zi. Until the aparition of the Bio-Zoids, fearsome(mostly dinosaur-like) killing machines who are inmune to most artillery, being COMPLETELY inmune to all kinds of energy or energized weapons(beams, swords, shields and the like) and have a "skin" hard as hell. The bad news? ALL OF THEM WORKS FOR THE BAD GUY'S ARMY. The innocent's only hope? a bunch of heroes with Zoids armed with weapons made of "Zi Metal" an alloy that is capable to actually damage Bio-Zoids and, if sharpenned enough, able to cut them like warm butter. The kicker? the heroes are restricted to mostly melee fight since the main strategy is to hit/cut them down with the Zi-metal weaponary xDU. It's only me or i have noted several similarities with the facts surrunding Dividers and AEC equips?
Old 2010-07-26, 22:43   Link #11162
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
My head finally cools a bit(without need of a forefinger crossfire shoot, fortunately xDU) [...]
No SIGNUM PUNCH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
They're designed to bypass magic nullifiers but don't appears to have any real counters to use against "older" devices(besides their own combat capabilities), maybe that's was the intention of the TSAB all the time and i have to concour with two theories throwed before.

A) The one that says the girls would keep their AEC in storage in case of a similar threat appears and...

B) The AECs are in fact, prototypes destined to be integrated into the original devices as alternate modes(or being directly fused into their frames).
See? The idea aren't that bad , especially when the alternative is having the new toys completely replacing the old ones . I'm still praying for the second one , though I doubt any of those theories will be proven in this season. Maybe in the next one? Or in the epilogue? We'll see, I guess...

Anyway, still no Force Next? I'm eager to see Fate's new Tesla Coil Taser Power Blade Railgun Gaussgun Storm Column Ion Cannon AEC Armament

Last edited by Tiresias; 2010-07-26 at 23:11.
Old 2010-07-26, 23:01   Link #11163
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Anyway, still no Force Next? I'm eager to see Fate's new Tesla Coil Taser Power Blade Railgun Gaussgun Storm Column Ion Cannon AEC Device
Now that you mention it, i finally noted that the AEC has never refered as "Devices", they've called AEC Equipement, so maybe that's an indicator of their role on the plot an that the devices can return to their normal functions someday xD

Quote:
No SIGNUM PUNCH?
Oh you're right! Hey! i'm a whinney Fanboy!, i hope that some cool and georgeus pink-haired Lady of War don't come to hit me in the face ...WITH GRACE!! xD
Old 2010-07-27, 03:29   Link #11164
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Can you please stop with linking to TVtropes? We are NOT idiots who don't know what you mean when you Capitalize Tropes Like That.
Old 2010-07-27, 05:14   Link #11165
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

there really ought to be a rule that outlaws linking and lolreference-because-i-think-it-makes-me-look-more-informed-than-i-really-am-and-i-think-it's-cool to tvtropes as if it were the damned m*ther****ing bible. it's just about as annoying as twilight fangirls droning on and on about the books.
Old 2010-07-27, 05:20   Link #11166
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Old 2010-07-27, 05:39   Link #11167
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
*I did not read forum rules*

Quote:
Insults, harassment, flaming, trolling, baiting or other similar abusive behaviour towards other members of The Forum will not be tolerated. This includes the use of "retort images". Images used to convey a "come back" message (i.e. to "retort") are forbidden in all areas of The Forum, they are often offensive and only serve to ignite flame wars.
What part of the forum rule 1.2 did you not read?
Old 2010-07-27, 08:07   Link #11168
aers
*Fansubber

Hmm...

Spoiler for something force related?:

Also someone posted a full log of the Vivid battle in ch14 over on 2ch.

Last edited by aers; 2010-07-27 at 08:24.
Old 2010-07-27, 08:45   Link #11169
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
Hmm...

Is that Bardiche's new form, or is Fate's new toy a laser halberd? Looks cool, though
Old 2010-07-27, 09:20   Link #11170
prescience
Friendly Satanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
there really ought to be a rule that outlaws linking and lolreference-because-i-think-it-makes-me-look-more-informed-than-i-really-am-and-i-think-it's-cool to tvtropes as if it were the damned m*ther****ing bible. it's just about as annoying as twilight fangirls droning on and on about the books.
Y'know, I normally get annoyed when you're so blunt like this. But here I have to agree wholeheartedly. TVTropes memes need to stay on TVTropes.

Quote:
Nice toy Fate has there. I wonder, does it link in with her AEC gear from the upcoming Force NEXT design?
Old 2010-07-27, 09:28   Link #11171
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Hmm...

Kitakitakitakita kitaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
Old 2010-07-27, 09:57   Link #11172
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Hmm...

Try to strp her now Erio xD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Can you please stop with linking to TVtropes? We are NOT idiots who don't know what you mean when you Capitalize Tropes Like That.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
I don't see anything bad with linking, i'm not insult anyone and also i don't try to be smart or anything(if you read my post of the last two weeks you can find that around 55% is mostly ranting), i linking TV tropes from time to time because i find it funny and practical, but thinking recently about that, said tropes also influenced me and burst my anger out of proportion, i apologize for that, like i said my head cools a bit, and when i'm still a little angry at FORCE 007 i finally able to keep some distance from this feelings and seeing things more critically. Still maybe i link tropes that i find funny from time to time xD. They don't harm anyone, serve as mild references and also can be ignored easily ....just like Wikipedia entries or Wikias, they're helpful but they are not "The Truth".

"It's a joke ....it's all a JOKE!"
-The Comedian(Watchmen)
Old 2010-07-27, 10:02   Link #11173
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Welll, I would like a little moderation when it comes to TVtropes linking, because I have seen it too much already. And I am of the opinion that everyone have enough of a 'cultural baggage' to know what's stereotype x and plot device y.
Old 2010-07-27, 13:00   Link #11174
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Hmm...

For lack of a better word...Yum~
Old 2010-07-27, 15:26   Link #11175
Skane
Anime Snark

Thumbs up

Quote:
Hmm...

~
Quote:
Is that Bardiche's new form, or is Fate's new toy a laser halberd? Looks cool, though
About time they remembered that Bardiche is an Axe, and not, you know. A sword. Would be nice to see Fate wielding him as a Halberd.

Woot.
Old 2010-07-27, 18:20   Link #11176
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Hmm...

Hm, well, that's not really all that much of a cosmetic change. I wonder what sort of functionality difference it has to actually warrent the upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Welll, I would like a little moderation when it comes to TVtropes linking, because I have seen it too much already. And I am of the opinion that everyone have enough of a 'cultural baggage' to know what's stereotype x and plot device y.
Well, you can't speak for everyone. Some people browsing the forums may not know what we're talking about, so a link is handy. I don't really see a problem. Using a trope name is just convenient to reference a certain idea or element of the fiction without having to explain it yourselves.

I see no harm in linking to TV tropes. If it bothers you, well, just don't click the link.
Old 2010-07-27, 22:16   Link #11177
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
Hai, hai : Here is your petanko~
orite, need to drop this off for Doraneko. w If there was a scan of the 3rd, then I have missed it.

Uploaded mango chapter to MangaFox, though it's probably only a matter of time until that site gets taken down, too. ^_^v In other news~

higayukari: @uedakanaフォローありがとうございました!感激です!はやてちゃん大好きです! まるなげ聴いて ます!これからも応援してますので頑張ってください〜!
Thank you very much for following! I'm deeply touched! I really like Hayate-chan! I listen to Marunage! From now on, I'll be rooting for you, so good luck~!

uedakana: @higayukari こちらこそありがとうございます♪よろしくお願いします~
I should be the one saying thank you♪ I'll be in your care~

Or somethingggggg. I thought it was cute. Higa-san seems like a really nice person. :B

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-07-27, 22:36   Link #11178
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananoha View Post
orite, need to drop this off for Doraneko. w If there was a scan of the 3rd, then I have missed it.

Uploaded mango chapter to MangaFox, though it's probably only a matter of time until that site gets taken down, too. ^_^
Wait, was the previous dimension already translated?

Anyway, good job on chapter 8. Are the previews for 9 already out?

About the chapter itself:
- Personally, the most interesting person this chapter is Isis. Let's see, possession of disturbing weaponry? "This degree of restraint is no big deal but I should hear it for now"? Suspicious...
- Apparently, Lily was considered a failed product. Which for irony sake will usually means that she will probably ended up the best of all. Or at least an unappreciated masterpiece, just like or favourite blonde supermage
- The Stroseks were not part of the Silver Cross package.Hmm, probably reverse engineered by the shady scientist group. The place where Touma and Lily met was their facility, afterall
- Overall, nice exposition chapter. Can't wait for the new armaments' debut

On a side note:
Quote:
From your site:
So, if we do get an anime, I’d like…
Touma: Abe Atsushi Irino Miyu > Toyonaga Toshiyuki > Kakihara Tetsuya
Lily: Iguchi Yuka Hanazawa Kana > Chihara Minori
Isis: Satou Rina Tomatsu Haruka if Hanazz is Lily, Kitamura Eri if Minorin is Lily
Steed: Fukuyama Jun > anyone because mini-Bakapard (ry
Why the To Aru reference? Anyway, I think Minorin would make a better Lily, but I like Kana-tan too, and both has had their shares for soft-spoken girls . I think Tomokazu Sugita would make a better Steed though, if only because his moments of snarkiness kinda reminds me of Kyon . Wait, that means Daisuke Ono must become Touma

Oh, another thing: these are apparently from Megami, but what exactly are they part of? Dimension?

Anyone free enough to translate?

Last edited by Tiresias; 2010-07-27 at 23:12.
Old 2010-07-27, 23:02   Link #11179
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I was thinking on some ways to make Cypha an entertaining villain, we already know that she's a dirty bitch(and she, apparently, enjoys being one) but more important than that, she's an horrendously broken dirty bitch(as probably are the rest of the Huckebein minus the "bitch" part xD). She doesn't care for methods, honour or even lives to achieve victory that is clear as water by now. But then, back in StrikerS, among the number we have Qattro who easily is the most cruel and evil character on the entire series(even more than Jail himself) that is totally ok with bring misery and suffer to other ones lives just for the hell of it, sure, she's a depicable, manipulative bitch, but it's precisely for that that she's so entertaining to watch(and all more satisfying to see being blasted into oblivion).

So i think Cypha, if well managed, can be an entertaining character too, apparently she's about to confront Nanoha or Vita(most probably Vita), and considering that she herself claim to be on par with Signum in terms of skill, that means she's a very dangerous threat for them even with their AECs equiped, and judging by how things go for the villains in Nanoha it's more likely that Vita and Nanoha only have the chance to prove to the Huckebein that they're not helpless against them with their new weapons, then some circunstances would interrupt the battle without a clear winner. It would be great if Cypha manage to come on top(even more great if she achieves this by pulling of an another dirty trick, Vita is a more fitted candidate to fall for this than Nanoha, she's too "main character-ish" to fall for the bad guys trap) and flees the scene with a Psychotic Smirk on her face(so yeah i will be actuallu cheering for her during the next episodes xD). About her rematch with Signum i would be very dramatic if, after being finally equally matched thanks to signum's AEC, she sets another trap(after signum starts to try a befriending talk with her no less) and came out victorius again(but obviously, not ending in Signum's hospitalization) setting the things hot for a third, final encounter where Signum finally understand that chivarly and honour are useless and in fact meningless to Cypha, and thus pointless to apply on her, and by consecuence letting herself to cut loose and go all out over her(i'm not saying that Signum restrains in her previous battle, but she's always too conservative and at the moment is fighting as a public servant, besides, she rarely shows hot blood, she's more the "cold blood" type, it would be really cool to see her doing a furious barrage of attacks all hot blooded for the first time xD). That are some toughts i have to improve Cypha's character over the infame and scrappy status she gained(also to secretly support Signum's reputation xD).

"keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."

EDIT: Page claimed for HOT BLOODED FIRE BLADE!!

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2010-07-27 at 23:24.
Old 2010-07-27, 23:08   Link #11180
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Isis is quite the suspicious looking charater. And Arnage just gets more awesome. I actually got a nosebleed editing the chapter in the beginning. 8D /still looking for blood donations

And Cypha, according to Force Analyzer, seems to "love the Family"....
Quote:
Wait, was the previous dimension already translated?
No, though I believe 00-Raiser said he'd edit it if he someone translated it.

My translator accidentally translated the 4th. I never edited it because Doraneko started it and I never asked/received "permission" from him to continue where he left off. I don't like doing stuff other people are already doing, cough cough people who keep asking me to do Vivid and Movie1st cough. |:
Quote:
Anyway, good job on chapter 8. Are the previews for 9 already out?
>;o

I only see less clothes Fate. Everywhere. And I am so behind on the Nanoha scene that I didn't even see Animate or Toranoana stuff for Vivid.
Quote:
Why the To Aru reference? Anyway, I think Minorin would make a better Lily, but I like Kana-tan too, and both has had their shares for soft-spoken girls . I think Tomokazu Sugita would make a better Steed though, if only because his moments of snarkiness kinda reminds me of Kyon
To Aru because Lily going TOUMA TOUMA (ry

FukuJun could be a mini-tribute to lolCoke Geyass in its own right, but SoraKake's Bakapard was awesome. Okay real reason — Sugita is adult Chrono and while we would probably never see him again, or maybe see him off once or twice, I'd like new blood in my Nanoha series. :3

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen