AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-08-23, 09:43   Link #1101
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

The Tieren High Mobility Type looks funny with those huge jet wings. And Space Type's legs, possible weapons?

AEU Enact mass produced type...it has one less horn compared to the demonstration type

Ptolemaios looks great and original enough. But how to pronouce its name correctly?
Old 2007-08-23, 13:31   Link #1102
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
LOL what's with those Blue Tieren leg things?

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 16:02   Link #1103
Monkey D. Luffy

Tieren looks real cool with those attached on there. lol
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 17:25   Link #1104
Gundam Zero Force

Wow those designs are far out . . . lol
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 15:10   Link #1105
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

How come the western hemisphere gets these ms that looks third generation ms while the Eastern hemisphere gets these ms that looks first generation ms? Those Tieren feels really outdated compare to other ms in 00 and what is that thing on the knee?
Old 2007-08-24, 22:30   Link #1106
grss1982

Personally, the "Celestial" organization reminds me A LOT of "MITHRIL." So I'm guessing somewhere along the story of this new series there will also be an opposing organization (AMALGALM-type???).
Old 2007-08-24, 22:47   Link #1107
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post

The normal suits are cool and the head gear is better than that fake-Magneto helmet design in GSD...Gundam's obviously rock to me now that we can see some depth to the design, Excia and Kyrios OWN for me...Virtue looks like a play on those plant-named Gundams from 0083...

I love the throwback style of the Teiren and surreal feel of the Union Flag...I think it's gonna be interesting to see how they actually fight...Bet you they make the Teiren far more creative in battle than we are expecting based on the design...I bet you it has some tricks...SO far totally with these new stylings (Well everything but Dynames' silent but deadly a$$-boosters xD )...

Add a giant Bazzoka and shield plus an Anavel Gato-like character and PRESTO:

http://www.hat.hi-ho.ne.jp/ka9n/rkgk/gp02a_ink.jpg

Its "Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory" all over again. :-)
Old 2007-08-25, 00:30   Link #1108
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

New Info regarding mechanics:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam 00 Official Site
Ptolemaios
"Celestial Being's mothership. Some members call it by the pet name 'Ptolemy'. The custom mothership was designed for the use of the Gundams. It's equipable with a maximum of 4 containers which can each store a Gundam. As it is made thoroughly for the use of the Gundams, it doesn't have battleship-style heavy armaments. The central pointed end is a catapult for launching Gundams. From each container, the immediate internal portion of the ship can be moved to the catapult, making for quick launches."

Tieren Space Type
Model number: MSJ-06II-E
Head height: 18.2m
Base weight: 127.5t
"The Human Reform League's space-use Tieren. The tanks equipped on each leg are filled with water inside and the tanks themselves also function adequately as shields. Its main armament, a 200mm x 25 caliber length smooth bore gun, is furnished with heat sinks for use in space. It's also enabled as a blade in close combat."

AEU Enact (mass-production type)
Model number: AEU-09
Head height: 17.6m
Base weight: 66.8t
"The latest MS developed by the AEU. A model with solar-energy support, the MS itself can receive a direct supply of power from the orbital elevator's generation system. The basic design is based on the Union's Flag and has many common features such as armaments and a flight form transformation."

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 03:54   Link #1109
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Tieren Space Type
"The Human Reform League's space-use Tieren. The tanks equipped on each leg are filled with water inside and the tanks themselves also function adequately as shields. Its main armament, a 200mm x 25 caliber length smooth bore gun, is furnished with heat sinks for use in space. It's also enabled as a blade in close combat."
Water!? And functions as shields?
Old 2007-08-25, 04:35   Link #1110
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlion View Post
How come the western hemisphere gets these ms that looks third generation ms while the Eastern hemisphere gets these ms that looks first generation ms? Those Tieren feels really outdated compare to other ms in 00 and what is that thing on the knee?
It's design based on military theory. You ever read any Tom Clancy books or stuff? US and EU forces will prefer to use air superiority over heavy armor, so the Union Flag/AEU mecha will have a "Fighter Jet" feel to them, while China/Soviet Russia has more of a focus on tanks and ground combat superiority, thus the Tieren looks like an ugly but tough as old iron-guts tank.

Also, try looking at old 1970's-1980's US aircraft and compare them to Russian aircraft. The US planes have always been pretty sleek, the Russian ones were usually boxy and robust (before the Mig-29 was developed, that is). The same theory carries over to Gundam 00, I think.

Also, I think the mecha designer for the Tieren and the UF/AEU mecha are different.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 08:34   Link #1111
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
New Info regarding mechanics: ...
Quote:
Tieren Space Type
Interesting. Maybe it's using the water as additional sinks to carry away and radiate the heat away from the mobile suit? I'm guessing the water "shields" are meant to be radiation shields and not to protect against beams - but might do a fair job at it - and shells? Although the attack posture would be a bit odd looking, I guess. Maybe shooting from a kneeling position? A bit Ender Wiggins like...

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 08:54   Link #1112
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
It's design based on military theory. You ever read any Tom Clancy books or stuff? US and EU forces will prefer to use air superiority over heavy armor, so the Union Flag/AEU mecha will have a "Fighter Jet" feel to them, while China/Soviet Russia has more of a focus on tanks and ground combat superiority, thus the Tieren looks like an ugly but tough as old iron-guts tank.

Also, I think the mecha designer for the Tieren and the UF/AEU mecha are different.
I do think you meant doctrine.

NATO's doctrine for war in Europe would involve the usage of their air power to overcome the Warsaw Pact's overwhelming ground forces in order for REFORGER to be completed and a counterattack to be launched.

Though both NATO air power and ground forces are severely outnumbered by the Warsaw Pact's, they had the edge of superior technology and training.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 09:03   Link #1113
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
Interesting. Maybe it's using the water as additional sinks to carry away and radiate the heat away from the mobile suit? I'm guessing the water "shields" are meant to be radiation shields and not to protect against beams - but might do a fair job at it - and shells? Although the attack posture would be a bit odd looking, I guess. Maybe shooting from a kneeling position? A bit Ender Wiggins like...
Water is a poor conductor of heat. An example would be boiling water in a test tube with an ice cube at the top. The time it takes to melt longer than one would expect.

Water is a good radiation shield as that was one of the reasons why the reactor compartment of the NR-1 is filled with water and lined with foam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NR-1_De...mergence_Craft

In a double hulled submarine, the space between in both hulls is filled water at depth and does function as sort of an armour against torpedoes.
Old 2007-08-25, 10:18   Link #1114
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post
Water is a poor conductor of heat. An example would be boiling water in a test tube with an ice cube at the top. The time it takes to melt longer than one would expect.
I was thinking more along the lines of evaporative cooling - although I will admit that I have no idea if this technique works in space - when writing this, but since the MS page only mentioned the shield bit (and lasting only 10 minutes?), that's why it was a question and not a statement.

Containers of still water will likely not do a whole lot to transfer heat, I think, but circulating water could be a different story. Something along the lines of U.S. patent #4759404 perhaps.

But looking at the images from the Oct issue of "Gundam A" - the one from the previous page in this thread is a bit dark on my screen - I don't think that the water is circulating. There are nozzles coming out from the back of the tanks, it looks like, but from the angle of the images, a bit hard to tell. And are both half of one of these tanks filled with water? The tank splits open with a nipple mechanism on the top half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg
Water is a good radiation shield as that was one of the reasons why the reactor compartment of the NR-1 is filled with water and lined with foam. ...
Correct.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 10:32   Link #1115
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

IIRC the shield of the RX-78 has piping to keep the thing 'cool' when beam saber and beam rifles hit occur. Or something along that line. So there may be precedence. However, I don't think it was ever mentioned on what sort of medium traveled through the pipes.

lulz ITT we violate anime laws by applying real world science to anime.
Old 2007-08-26, 13:05   Link #1116
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_ixnlag8-6A
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw7TTpcvyOg

Video of the VA announcements....pretty interesting IMO
Old 2007-08-26, 15:50   Link #1117
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_ixnlag8-6A
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw7TTpcvyOg

Video of the VA announcements....pretty interesting IMO
They also have a (seemingly) complete list of weapon loadouts for the 4 Gundams:

Exia:
GN Sword/GN Sword-Rifle Modes
GN Long Blade
GN Short Blade
GN Beam Saber
GN Beam Dagger
GN Vulcan
GN Shield

Dynames:
GN Sniper Rifle
GN Beam Pistol
GN Full Shield
GN Shield

Kyrios:
GN Beam Submachine Gun
GN Shield

Virtue:
GN Bazooka
GN Cannon

--

And the places of birth for the 4 Gundam Meisters are: Setsuna - Kurdish Republic; Lockon - Ireland; Allelujah - Human Reform League; Tieria - Unknown...
Old 2007-08-28, 12:59   Link #1118
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Holy ****! The Atlas and Daishi have met their match (Talking about the Tieran, which weighs 127 tons...) You better wave your white flag inner sphere...
Old 2007-08-28, 16:46   Link #1119
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
You better wave your white flag inner sphere...
Yeah, lol, there should hopefully be some pretty good battles with these guys.
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 02:29   Link #1120
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Yay for (hopefully) no reused animation!

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers