AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-02-27, 14:44   Link #11281
Ubie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okamidum View Post
Regarding the Ng HG. If you have the money go for NG but HG1/144 are great, especially the 00 line up. I have gotten beams in my HG kits. I would start off with 1/144. They take less time and although you start off small, you wont be dissappointed.
Pointers:
1. Gundam markers are the shit. After triming the peices, it sometimes leaves discoloration(Like trimming a green peice might expose some white where it was cut). Gundam markers cover this up. Getting a super fine tip marker helps with Panel lines.
2. Modeling knife comes in handy for trimming
3.have fun
I'm assuming you're not painting?
If not heres tips.
1.Primer before painting. 1 or 2 coats works for me. Brings out the overall color.
2.Sometimes if I get lazy ill paint right on the grid, its something you might do if you want to do a quickie.
3.Top coat after painting, smudges are a bitch.
4.Make sure to sand down rough parts before Primer.
5.Wear a mask when painting......tried without.....not good
Thx for the help and i decided what i'm going to buy since i'm a big fan of lockon i'm going for the Cheribum 1/100. ^^
But I have a question about the markers because the Cheribum is green but among the gundam00 markers there is no green one. how do a cover the white up where i cut?
Ubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 14:51   Link #11282
Okamidum
This is how CB rolls

Send a message via AIM to Okamidum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubie View Post
Thx for the help and i decided what i'm going to buy since i'm a big fan of lockon i'm going for the Cheribum 1/100. ^^
But I have a question about the markers because the Cheribum is green but among the gundam00 markers there is no green one. how do a cover the white up where i cut?
Glad to help! Well you can buy seperate gundam markers from other series and what not. I believe the cherudim is a forrest green. If you try Thegundamstore.com(I think thats it) you can find the color you need. And the Cherudim sounds like a great choice, one of my fav's as well. Sadly enough, im still waiting on my Cherudim and Arios 1/144 to come, I should go check my mail ..haha.
I forgot to mention. Sometimes and usaully, the 1/144 have better articulation then the 1/100, making them easier to pose.
Okamidum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 15:16   Link #11283
MrCapcom
Kage Bunshin Noob Jutsu

Send a message via AIM to MrCapcom Send a message via MSN to MrCapcom Send a message via Yahoo to MrCapcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubie View Post
I'm new to the models so I don't really know what to buy. And I have a few questions.

1. What would give you the best value for your money? A 1/100 NG or a 1/144 HG?
2. Also i noticed that they sometimes won't give you the beam sabers in a HG kit (you get the grips but not the beams :s) is this true?
3. What would you suggest for a beginner 1/100 or 1/144 because i noticed that they make much more stuff for 1/144 models but in the 1/144 you have to buy virtue and nadleeh sepparatly while the 1/100 comes in one set.
4. Also do you guys have some pointers for a beginner

Sorry for my bad english ^^
Thx in advance.
Okamidum really did hit everything on the nail but I would put my two cents in.

1. I never had a 1/144 only the 1/100 Heavy Arms and I recently have all NG's 00/avalanche exia/astrea type F. But personally I love the bigger versions and I don't pose mines every day so the lack of mobility that some NG's have I really don't care about but Okamidum is right. 1/144 00 I hear poses more than 1/100 NG but that doesn't make the model bad. Then there is always the question of how much money you want to spend. I wanted thte 1/100 00 for its LED lights while the 1/144 doesn't have this.
2. Dunno never had a 1/144
3. If your really a fan of whatever gundam you get its kinda up to you on how hard you want the model to be done. When I put together my 1/100 00 it was so easy and I was extremely happy with the out come. If you just want to make a kit then I guess 1/144 isnt bad beause u can always buy another for a lower price. 15-17 bucks each for virtue/nadleeh appose to 50 bucks for 1/100 Virtue/Nadleeh combo its all how much you wanna pay. Me personally I would buy the 1/100
4. When I was in your position and I asked whats good pointers Vektar opened my eyes to spray paint and I painted my 00 metallic blue/red/gunmetal/clear red and green, and matte white with Tamiya paints the like 6 bucks a can. If I wanted to paint a kit I would go with Tamiya if no paint just make sure the nubs are clean and panel lining makes everything look good IMO (alot of people disagree) I panel lined my SD 00 but didnt panel line my 1/100 00

here's a better pic of 00

All depends on what u want them to look like check out Dalong.net he does most of his newer stuff with out paint and you can see whats going to look good with/without paint. Also check out youtube and type in like Gundam Reviews some people have some good pointers as to what kits move better than others etc. I havent gotten gundam markers yet but my next purchase will include some but hes right about them making nub marks go away. Feel free to ask away though thats how I got most of my help everyone on the forums helped me alot im sure they will do the same ^_^
Old 2009-02-27, 15:25   Link #11284
Okamidum
This is how CB rolls

Yeah, it all really depends on preference really. I love both. I love the articulation of the 1/144 but the size of the 1/100 is nice, it makes it easier to handle when its a bit bigger.

And Mr.Capcom found the word I was looking for, nub marks haha.d
Old 2009-02-27, 15:28   Link #11285
MrCapcom
Kage Bunshin Noob Jutsu

Send a message via AIM to MrCapcom Send a message via MSN to MrCapcom Send a message via Yahoo to MrCapcom
^_^ All the info you guys gave me I feel like im uber with making models lol. Waiting for Gundam Store and More to update so I can order my first MG Kit Destiny Gundam :-)
Old 2009-02-27, 15:42   Link #11286
cupcakes4chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCapcom View Post
I saw a review on the RX78 it looks so sweet I think im gonna put that in my todo list

What AC Moore? I know you live in philly but thats where u get ur stuff? I get Tamiya paints from Hobby Town USA on baltimore pike
South Philly (i hate this place)
cupcakes4chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 16:08   Link #11287
Nerroth
NePoi!

Got my GN Archer assembled today!

And she's awesome, just like her pilot.

Spoiler for Alongside Arios:

Spoiler for Taking on Andrei!:

Spoiler for Transform!:

Spoiler for Celestial Squadron:

Spoiler for Gattai...:

Spoiler for 00 Archer:

Spoiler for Woooooo!:

And for Fate/Stay Night fans:

Spoiler for Finally, a Rin/Archer combo!:

Spoiler for The RIN Archer...:

Spoiler for ...and her SabeRaiser ally!:
Old 2009-02-27, 16:15   Link #11288
MrCapcom
Kage Bunshin Noob Jutsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes4chris View Post
South Philly (i hate this place)
o rly im near the airport (don't kill me >_< ) lol Baltimore pike isnt that far from you we gotta hook up I would like to try the aerosol from AC Moore what other tips you got? lol your just as limited as I am as far as not having a gundam store near you.

There was this guy from SP that was tryin to sell me a perfect grade wing zero for 160 was that u? lol

@ Nerroth
thats so hot words can not begin I loved the "Woooooo!" pic thats the way she should always be posed lol the first pic makes GN Archer
look like she has baby making hips ^_^
Ur making me buy a Fate/Stay figma
Is GN Archer that short? Or is it the camera? I want 1/144 GN Archer but I'll wait for the 1/100... they are gonna make one right?
Old 2009-02-27, 17:00   Link #11289
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
thats so hot words can not begin I loved the "Woooooo!" pic thats the way she should always be posed lol the first pic makes GN Archer
Pretty much - and she does look cool sitting on the 0 Raiser, alright!

Quote:
Well and good - though it's shame the best Figma, that for Saber Lily, is so hard to get...

Quote:
Is GN Archer that short? Or is it the camera?
She really is that small - but it works out neatly, since she is holding the shorter-bladed beam saber I got with Arios, while Arios itself uses the one with the longer blade.

Quote:
I want 1/144 GN Archer but I'll wait for the 1/100... they are gonna make one right?
It would be neat - not least if they let the larger figure mount the rifles on the hips directly - but I dunno.

Oh, and by the way, the rifles can rest between the red and black parts of each condenser-wing - as you should be able to see in a few of the pics above.

Works well enough for me!
Old 2009-02-27, 17:11   Link #11290
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
Looks like my job is done, i taught Mr.Capcom well my job here is done good bye gundam model kit forums.
Old 2009-02-27, 17:33   Link #11291
cupcakes4chris

Quote:
o rly im near the airport (don't kill me >_< ) lol Baltimore pike isnt that far from you we gotta hook up I would like to try the aerosol from AC Moore what other tips you got? lol your just as limited as I am as far as not having a gundam store near you.

There was this guy from SP that was tryin to sell me a perfect grade wing zero for 160 was that u? lol

@ Nerroth
Is GN Archer that short? Or is it the camera? I want 1/144 GN Archer but I'll wait for the 1/100... they are gonna make one right?
tips? lol
Yeah it sucks to not have any gundam kits around here. Beware..do not buy any kits from Chinatown here..so far I've only seen fake ones. The closest thing I have to a hobby shop is AC Moore (which I'm not even sure myself if they have the supplies). I'll just go to AC Moore. I'm too lazy to find someone who's willing to drive me all the way to the airport for hobby supplies. The closest thing to a gundam store is all the way up in New York City and the items are not cheap.
No I was not the guy who offered you a kit to buy.
Old 2009-02-27, 17:41   Link #11292
Okamidum
This is how CB rolls

Quote:
tips? lol
Yeah it sucks to not have any gundam kits around here. Beware..do not buy any kits from Chinatown here..so far I've only seen fake ones. The closest thing I have to a hobby shop is AC Moore (which I'm not even sure myself if they have the supplies). I'll just go to AC Moore. I'm too lazy to find someone who's willing to drive me all the way to the airport for hobby supplies. The closest thing to a gundam store is all the way up in New York City and the items are not cheap.
AC Moore is my hobby shop too.....wish I had a hobby store where I lived but for right now its great.
Old 2009-02-27, 18:22   Link #11293
MrCapcom
Kage Bunshin Noob Jutsu

Quote:
tips? lol
I was just thinking maybe I would try to go to china town and find some gundam markers. Oh snap really the kits in CT are fakes? If anything i would grab some Gundam markers from CT if they had them. I do remember CT having a mech store with a couple markers and wall scrolls etc dunno if its still down there. I brought my wife a kimono from there couple months back
Old 2009-02-27, 18:59   Link #11294
cupcakes4chris

Quote:
I was just thinking maybe I would try to go to china town and find some gundam markers. Oh snap really the kits in CT are fakes? If anything i would grab some Gundam markers from CT if they had them. I do remember CT having a mech store with a couple markers and wall scrolls etc dunno if its still down there. I brought my wife a kimono from there couple months back
Maybe there are hidden shops somewhere there..but I've searched a couple times..no luck. If you have the name/location of the store just let me know :] any description will do.
Old 2009-02-27, 19:16   Link #11295
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Has this been posted yet?: dual GN Sword III:
Spoiler:
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 19:37   Link #11296
Okamidum
This is how CB rolls

No it has not....it looks amazing..... I can not wait for the release of the 1/144 00 with the new GN sword III
Old 2009-02-27, 19:39   Link #11297
MrCapcom
Kage Bunshin Noob Jutsu

Quote:
Maybe there are hidden shops somewhere there..but I've searched a couple times..no luck. If you have the name/location of the store just let me know :] any description will do.
I'll make sure I let u know since u refuse to chat to me >_> lol j/k

@ Funkatron
Nice pic but I think its fake in the sense im sure they arent including 2 GNIII's with the kit coming out soon only 1 GNIII
Old 2009-02-27, 19:43   Link #11298
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
I'll make sure I let u know since u refuse to chat to me >_> lol j/k

@ Funkatron
Nice pic but I think its fake in the sense im sure they arent including 2 GNIII's with the kit coming out soon only 1 GNIII
There will be a market for extrs of these things, then. Come on, Bandai! We want duel wielding please!
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 19:47   Link #11299
MrCapcom
Kage Bunshin Noob Jutsu

no they gonna milk us by making us buy two kits
Old 2009-02-27, 20:00   Link #11300
Okamidum
This is how CB rolls

Quote:
no they gonna milk us by making us buy two kits
Basically, at first I wasnt sure how big the GN blade III would be but now I can see that its just as big as Exia's. Well it probably isnt an official drawing but its pretty good.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy