AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-27, 09:40   Link #101
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster
Wow. In these past few episodes that I've seen(19-26) Eureka7 has really hit its stride. Episode 26 was my favourite so far.

Spoiler:
Today I watched 6th times. I'm just wondering why they like the sky-fishes so much.Romantic or something,I just don't get it.Acutally I want Eureka to be blushing in her orginal hairstyle,this hair style is quite weired though.Don't know how many episodes she has to live with that hair style.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 12:26   Link #102
Glitch87

i actually like her more like this, with the imperfect body... before she seemed too plastic and unrealistic, kind of like an android. now she feels more human. "I've changed" she says.... i think shes right... i like her char more like this...

anywho... rugged spiky short hair ftw!
Glitch87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 13:37   Link #103
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
... I'm just wondering why they like the sky-fishes so much.Romantic or something,I just don't get it...
I think the sky-fish represent freedom and flight. They tend to turn up during those 'wow' moments to reiterate one of the reasons why Gekkostate is independant...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 21:44   Link #104
Glitch87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
I think the sky-fish represent freedom and flight. They tend to turn up during those 'wow' moments to reiterate one of the reasons why Gekkostate is independant...
besides, skyfish are totally cool. I'd love to have one in a cage.
Glitch87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 08:34   Link #105
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

I really like the new OP. My first thoughts were 'why does it include Amazing Grace' in the opening bars ('Amazing grace, how sweet the sound'). Amazing Grace is an old hym about deliverance and freedom. Two prominent themes in Eureka 7. More info on Amazing Grace here.

There's quite a few portentous shots in the new OP to whet the appetite, not least...

Spoiler:

I don't the ending much, and the static images are let down and very confusing - are they about Dominic?

Okay, on to Ep.40...

Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-29, 11:14   Link #106
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
I don't the ending much, and the static images are let down and very confusing - are they about Dominic?
The ending song is about suffering of children during the war.

Can't say enough about how I love the new opening and ending, compared to the previous bunch. It's just awesome...awesome...awesome. Both in sound and visuals.

The episode itself rocked too...

Spoiler for episode 40:

There were also some bits with Anemone, Dominic/Dewey and Talho/Eureka and Eureka/Tiptree/Norb/Holland/Renton, but they were beside the point. Well, maybe Norb was as cheeky as ever. 8)

Just great stuff! Finally, after so many crap fillers we are moving back to the heart of the matter. Also, the filler team exited stage left and let the REAL animators back, thank you very much. The episode looked great in all aspects, so I can stop gushing already, you got the point. 8)))

Also, check this out...

Spoiler:

Does this remind you of someone? Specifically... don't Eureka and Renton somehow remind you of Dianne and Adrock?

This is from the OP4, by the way. 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 12:03   Link #107
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Just great stuff! Finally, after so many crap fillers we are moving back to the heart of the matter. Also, the filler team exited stage left and let the REAL animators back, thank you very much. The episode looked great in all aspects, so I can stop gushing already, you got the point. 8)))
I totally agree, only 10 episodes remaing hopefully BONES will make each one count.

Quote:
Also, check this out...

Spoiler:

Does this remind you of someone? Specifically... don't Eureka and Renton somehow remind you of Dianne and Adrock?

This is from the OP4, by the way. 8)
Yeah, Renton really looks like Adrock there. For some reason I really like this image, would make a great poster.

I also caught the 'Navigation ray=out' recap special, which I missed first time round. I hadn't noticed, till the recap showed it shot-for-shot, that ep 26 mimicked ep 1 with the role reversals of Eureka and Renton. That was damn cool...
Old 2006-01-29, 14:49   Link #108
gargleblaster
spluh.

Quote:
I hadn't noticed...that ep 26 mimicked ep 1 with the role reversals of Eureka and Renton...
Yeah, that was an awesome way to wrap up that part of the series.

"And now, the real story will begin"
gargleblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 19:29   Link #109
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
I also caught the 'Navigation ray=out' recap special, which I missed first time round. I hadn't noticed, till the recap showed it shot-for-shot, that ep 26 mimicked ep 1 with the role reversals of Eureka and Renton. That was damn cool...
Actually, episode 1 and 26 were directed by the same guy, Masayuki Miyaji (who is also the assistant to the Eureka head honcho, Tomoki Kyoda), so it's no wonder that the storyboarding will be the same, or similar. The animation director for both episodes was also the same.
Old 2006-01-29, 22:29   Link #110
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Man, I just saw ep40. Interesting episode, although the highlight is definitely the new opening.

Apart from the little Amazing Grace part, which I thought was kinda bizzare, the whole thing is totally awesome. And the visuals definitely felt like it's heading into the grand finale...much better than the OP3 clip (which has some terrible character distortion

Love the new hair. Finally, no more Gaara hairstyle.

Oh man oh man. Only 10 more episodes. This is sooooooo gonna totally kick butt. I just can't wait. I haven't felt so excited about an anime series in a while. (I only started watching last Monday....raced through 40 episodes in 6 days, or more like 39 eps in 5 days)

I think, I'm gonna go buy the Nirvash plastic model....

Oh, I can't say how much I love ep26 either. But to me, that was many days ago already, hehe...still a lovely episode.
I got my hands on OST1...so now I can blast all my favorite tracks....but sometimes it's kinda hard to remember and say, "Oh, this music is from that scene"....oh well.

Last edited by W-General; 2006-01-29 at 22:50.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 04:05   Link #111
kle891

Spoiler:
kle891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 06:15   Link #112
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Actually, episode 1 and 26 were directed by the same guy, Masayuki Miyaji (who is also the assistant to the Eureka head honcho, Tomoki Kyoda), so it's no wonder that the storyboarding will be the same, or similar. The animation director for both episodes was also the same.
Cool, Masayuki Miyaji also storyboard eps 11 and 13, both great episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kle891
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-30, 06:38   Link #113
wao
OK.

15? I'd like to believe she's late 13 or 14 years old... so that she still has space to grow >_>

And finally! I am catching up to the series!! Z0MG!

...Actually, I haven't watched past 30 yet, but I've made progress - I started downloading the raws early today and now I've just got to wait for ep 34 to finish. Also listening to the full OP3 music... it's actually nicer than I thought at first hand. Ta-i-yo-u nooo, mannaka e~ I wonder what this new OP will be like, the little I saw of it seemed quite interesting.

Can't help being spoiled though - actually I don't know if I"d have made myself download the rest if it wasn't for reading interesting tidbits like
Spoiler:
(I still don't like her hairstyle.) All the comments on Renton being more mature are also intriguing...
And I do actually want to watch that episode storyboarded by the VFX director who roxors your boxors (if you like all the "flying circus" missile scenes in the OPs so far.)
Then again there's also the matter of the ANN encyclopedia page to be updated... 10 episodes orz Guess I better get cracking...hope I can get to the new OP/ED credits soon. No actually I think I'll just jump there first.

I never expected myself to stick onto the series this long... perhaps even though I'm not that big a fan of it (although I still loev episode 26!!), I still have some sort of interest... I do want to know what's going to happen in the end. Okay, I admit, the eye candy is great too.
Old 2006-01-30, 06:57   Link #114
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
15? I'd like to believe she's late 13 or 14 years old... so that she still has space to grow >_>
I think we should discern between physical age and mental age.

1) Biologically, she may not be much older than several years. We already know (from the 1st OP), that she was already "born" as a semi-adult form. We don't know how much time has passed, but judging from some of the flashback scenes with you-know-who, it shouldn't have been more that several years.

2) Mental age. Since she is paired with Renton, we can assume that she is mentally the same age as him. Renton is 14.

Now, as for the question of "neverchanging look".

Spoiler:

Last edited by MrProphet; 2006-01-30 at 08:31.
Old 2006-01-30, 07:14   Link #115
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

I think we can also assume the same applies for Anemone, she being Eureka's twin or counter-part. When Dewey was released from his incarceration that he did not mention how or if Anemone had grown or aged - three years being a long time in physical development for a girl of her perceived years.
Old 2006-01-30, 09:46   Link #116
Srin Tuar
無謀

ep 40
Spoiler:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 13:27   Link #117
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
ep 40
Spoiler:
That would be an interesting plot development and BONES have tackled teenage pregnancies before (FMA). But, hopefully Eureka and Renton will just remain 'curious'...
Old 2006-01-30, 13:47   Link #118
IMSabbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
ep 40
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
IMSabbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 15:15   Link #119
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Regarding the mysterious white LFO in the OP ...

Spoiler:

... you know, just a bit of a coincidence me thinks
Old 2006-01-30, 16:38   Link #120
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Ether way you slice it, I'm just glad Aperiance 3 won't screw up Renton.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote